PDA

View Full Version : Ask AnglicanBeachParty ... the Q&A thread.

anglicanbeachparty
03-09-2008, 11:37 AM
Dear Siouxcountry readers,

It is my intent to begin some threads in this sub-forum explaining myself, my philosophy of life, and my art work. Meanwhile, I am putting up this Question & Answer thread, so that I can field your haunting questions regarding: Just what is this Anglican Beach Party of which you speak?

To begin. Bernie (http://www.siouxcountry.com/member.php?u=232) writes:

ok...i have a question....

the heading for the section says, "Fine Art, Faith, & the Female Physique"

what exactly are you meaning by faith?

are you giving us a section where we can share devo's......well what is exactly meant by that?

Hi Bernie,

At some point in this Anglican Beach Party Forum, I will get around to explaining why the word "Anglican" is the first word in the name of my art website (http://www.anglicanbeachparty.com/). (Although it looks to most people like Angelican, there is no e in Anglican, and it is pronounced with a mere 3 syllables.) Anglicanism (meaning, having its origin in the Church of England) is my faith, and it is located in a bit of an odd corner of Christianity: halfway between Reformation faith and the historic Catholic faith, attempting always to mediate between the two.

I included the word "faith" in the Forum sub-title because I anticipate that it will be impossible to share what painting (and art in general) means to me without occasionally crossing that dangerous line into the often-controversial area of faith in God. But since God is my reason for everything I do, I believe it will be impossible for me to steer entirely clear of discussing God and faith.

I understand that not everyone will share my theological conclusions, and others are welcome to share theirs as well (we will all commit to a civil discourse!), but in no way do I intend for this to be the dominant subject of discussion on this Forum. But feel free to share expressions of your faith ... umm ... as the Spirit leads you.

--Paul

Bernie
03-09-2008, 05:47 PM
right on. sounds good to me. as i have no NO artistic talent whatsoever. but i used to lead a Bible study, and did devo's for a couple of groups at my old church. as well as did a bit of moderating at some Christian based message boards. so i was just wondering.

sounds awesome, and you do have one amazing gift. thank you for blessing us by sharing it.

Shelly
03-14-2008, 09:05 PM
ABP-

how long does it take you to complete a piece?? and do you do it as a hobby?

anglicanbeachparty
03-14-2008, 10:22 PM
ABP-

how long does it take you to complete a piece?? and do you do it as a hobby?
Yes, as a hobby. As one of several hobbies, actually. I hope that when I am financially able to retire that I can do it as my main job.

I would say, in calendar time, it takes me something like 8 months to finish a painting.

I also have about 10 half-finished ones hung in various places around the house, which gets me a bit depressed. It is something a bit dysfunctional about my personality that makes me love to start new things more than putting my nose to the grindstone and finishing the things I've already started. (Just ask my wife ... she could give a 2-hour lecture on this subject!)