PDA

View Full Version : Please pray

Shawn
03-13-2008, 09:27 PM
Hey. I am Shawn..obviously. Tami Bellon's lesser half. Anyway, please pray or think of my aunt who has stage 4 cancer. She has decided to try to fight this thing.

It was sobering to see my aunt last night. I thought I was in the wrong room. She was this little bald skeleton. I was very much at a loss for words.

Today, I put my head against hers. We whispered for a while talking. I told her that I loved her. It was a moment that I wont forget.

I don't know if she will survive. I do believe in miracles. Bottom line, I just want to do what I can.

Thanks.

Bernie
03-13-2008, 09:32 PM
most definatly man. sending a big one up.....

dallas3
03-13-2008, 09:41 PM
Prayers are with her, keep the faith

anglicanbeachparty
03-13-2008, 10:14 PM
Praying for her now.

Mercury Girl
03-13-2008, 11:40 PM
Prayers and good vibes coming her way and yours, Shawn. :grouphug:

SBT
03-14-2008, 12:15 AM
You bet!!!

Prayers are with all of you! :hug:

fitmomma3
03-14-2008, 12:35 AM
So sorry to hear this... thoughts and prayers for sure ...

Shelly
03-14-2008, 12:45 AM
aww i am so sorry to hear this.

unfortunately life can be unfair...and i am sorry and we will keep her in our prayers.

*Bunny*
03-14-2008, 01:14 AM
Done.

scottnva
03-14-2008, 01:15 AM
prayers comin ur way bro

Siouxcountry
03-14-2008, 01:34 AM
Prayers and positive thoughts coming her way.

ibarramedia
03-14-2008, 03:43 AM
Dude. I'll be praying for her.....

Shawn
03-14-2008, 04:50 AM
Thanks. Long day and getting to bed now. Her kidneys are shutting down. Apparently its a matter of time. I am glad that Tami was there with me all day. It was nice to have the support.

Very surreal situation.

IslandGirl
03-14-2008, 04:53 AM
I'm sorry to hear this Shawn. My prayers are with your Aunt and your family! Keep your faith strong my friend.

Bernie
03-14-2008, 05:01 AM
oh man....

well my thoughts and prayers are definatly with you and your family at this time.

be strong and know that His will will be done, and He is with you all always.

SBT
03-14-2008, 05:03 AM
Stay positive Shawn, and just keep your head up...

xena
03-14-2008, 12:39 PM
Shawn,

I pray the Lord will hold your Aunt in His arms to comfort and reassure her of His presence. I also pray for faith and strength for you and your family during this difficult time.

Joanne

Shawn
03-14-2008, 01:30 PM
Thanks. Heading back now to the hospital.

Bernie
03-15-2008, 04:35 AM
hey Shawn just checking in here....

i pray that you and all of your family is comforted in this time....

SBT
03-15-2008, 04:39 AM
You were in my prayers today, hope everything went well at the hospital!

You and Tam stay positive, ((HUGS))

IslandGirl
03-15-2008, 05:37 AM
Shawn, still praying for you and your family.

How did things go today?

Mercury Girl
03-15-2008, 03:27 PM
I'm sorry, Shawn. I will keep all of you in my prayers.

Shawn
03-17-2008, 02:21 AM
Tami was really strong and supportive during alot of this stuff over the last several days which I appreciate. She stayed at the hospital all the time I was there. She missed training to stay with me.

I wrote this tonight....

My Aunt Mary was just a person many people loved being around. She was just that type of person. She enjoyed everyone's company. I would stay the night on Friday's with her son, Tim. The night turned into a weekend most of the time! LOL Tim and I always had some much fun. Mary was also really artistic. She could draw amazingly well. I will always remember the fun Saturday morning's growing up with "dippy eggs, bacon and toast" while watching cartoons.

Mary passed away this morning, Palm Sunday, around 10:30 am. I managed one last time to hold her arms while kissing her on the head then whispering "I love you." She passed somewhere around that time. She passed with a room full of loved ones and a hall full of family thinking, hurting and loving her.

Mary is gone but somehow I have to think the her passing brought many together to grow and love...as she lived every day of her life. Several in our family have stopped smoking as well. The passing of such a wonderful person makes a person pause to consider their own life and legacy. I think nothing is more amazing than seeing a standing room only of people, hurting, but LOVING a very special person. A person that touched many.

My cousin Tim and I are determined to rebuild our relationship along with Heather, Tim's little sister.

I struggle in life to be optimistic. Sadly, I tend to be negative and a pessimist, but this tragedy has an amazingly HUGE silver lining. Relationships are being rebuilt and reforged while each of us are thinking about the trail we leave behind in our own lives.

Aunt Mary, I am so glad you pain has stopped and you can be at rest. I love you so much. In your vibrant life you blessed many with an infectious smile and tenderness. In your waining hours, you blessed us all in your desire to fight to the end while giving hugs, kisses and soft words of encouragement to us. We all hurt Mary, but we still celebrate a wonderful mother, sister, daughter, aunt, wife and friend. You are loved so much.

Shawn

SBT
03-17-2008, 02:25 AM
That was VERY touching... you and your family will continue to stay in my prayers!

dallas3
03-17-2008, 02:29 AM
May your aunt rest and be at peace Shawn, prayers and blessings to you and the rest of your family.

ibarramedia
03-17-2008, 02:30 AM
That was VERY touching... you and your family will continue to stay in my prayers!

Yes. I'll pray for you all...

Bernie
03-17-2008, 02:32 AM
thank you for sharing that with us Shawn.

i as well will continuly pray for you, your family and those that where affected by this. i just pray the Lord gives you all peace with the passing, and as you have said, uses this to rebuild those relationships that have been damaged in the past.

Quadrablue
03-17-2008, 02:33 AM
My condolences Shawn. Lighting a candle for your Aunt

IslandGirl
03-17-2008, 04:49 AM
I'm sorry Shawn for your loss. Cherish those memories that you have of your Aunt.

Prayers still being said for all of you.

A-G
03-17-2008, 12:28 PM
I'm just now reading all of this, but please know that you and your family will be in my prayers as well. It sounds like you have some wonderful memories, and that will be such a gift and a comfort to you in the months and years to come when, even though you are grateful for her sake that her suffering has ended, you will be missing her very deeply.

I think it is wonderful that you are trying to see what good can come from this and I would imagine that she would be very honored by that.

*Bunny*
03-17-2008, 03:04 PM
I'm sorry Shawn for your loss. Cherish those memories that you have of your Aunt.

Prayers still being said for all of you.
^^ . Absolutely.

Reading that gave me chills and well up with tears.

Prayers abundant.

Shawn
03-17-2008, 03:27 PM
Thank you all.

I have never seen someone die...much less it be someone I loved.

As I was walking down the hall toward the waiting room I didnt think I was going to make it. My eyes filled with tears, my breathing was faster and more shallow. I just wanted to make it to the waiting room. I met my mother and step-father half way. I let me ma know that Mary passed quietly. I shared the peaceful details of her passing. We wept, actually sobbed, while holding each other. Then my arm felt the touch of another. My wife was walking toward me. SHE WAS THERE. Tami wanted to stay out of the way as much as possible giving the direct family space while still showing her support. BUT I WANTED TO SEE HER MORE THAN ANYTHING. I quickly let go of my mother and wrapped my arms around my wife. I held on for dear life. I thought for a moment how much more painful this could be had my wife been in the bed in room 207. I dropped to the floor because I just couldn't stand any longer. Tami held me closely as I just kept thinking "Why her?" As I cried and cried in that hall, my wife gently rubbed my back while saying nothing. Her touch was enough speaking volumes in that action alone.

I am not about to go on some vigilant crusade to tell everyone to stop smoking. I will share my experience of watching someone special whither away and day. She had more to give the world.

Thank you again for your kind words. I do know its awkward. You don't need to feel the sorrow or emotion that myself or family are feeling. The standing TRUTH of compassionate people is enough. Thank you.

NPCFigure 40
03-17-2008, 08:28 PM
Shawn,
I am so sorry for your loss. You, Tammy and your family are in my prayers. She seemed like a wonderful woman that everyone loved. Im sure you are all blessed and better people for knowing, and loving her. God Bless!

Jill

Mightymouse
03-18-2008, 02:26 AM
I am so sorry Shawn, what wonderful words you wrote for your Aunt. my family sends their thoughts and prayers to you. Take care and keep those spirits high. :)

SBT
03-18-2008, 05:12 AM
Shawn your words are touching and inspirational, you've got a good heart! You and Tam stay strong and help keep your family positive too! Prayers are still with you all!

IslandGirl
03-18-2008, 05:34 AM
Thank you all.

I have never seen someone die...much less it be someone I loved.

As I was walking down the hall toward the waiting room I didnt think I was going to make it. My eyes filled with tears, my breathing was faster and more shallow. I just wanted to make it to the waiting room. I met my mother and step-father half way. I let me ma know that Mary passed quietly. I shared the peaceful details of her passing. We wept, actually sobbed, while holding each other. Then my arm felt the touch of another. My wife was walking toward me. SHE WAS THERE. Tami wanted to stay out of the way as much as possible giving the direct family space while still showing her support. BUT I WANTED TO SEE HER MORE THAN ANYTHING. I quickly let go of my mother and wrapped my arms around my wife. I held on for dear life. I thought for a moment how much more painful this could be had my wife been in the bed in room 207. I dropped to the floor because I just couldn't stand any longer. Tami held me closely as I just kept thinking "Why her?" As I cried and cried in that hall, my wife gently rubbed my back while saying nothing. Her touch was enough speaking volumes in that action alone.

I am not about to go on some vigilant crusade to tell everyone to stop smoking. I will share my experience of watching someone special whither away and day. She had more to give the world.

Thank you again for your kind words. I do know its awkward. You don't need to feel the sorrow or emotion that myself or family are feeling. The standing TRUTH of compassionate people is enough. Thank you.

May God Bless you and your family. I pray that you can feel God Shawn, during this time.