PDA

View Full Version : A video everyone should see

Mike Pulcinella
03-14-2008, 12:43 PM
A professor with cancer and only a few months gives his final lecture. It's not a talk about death, but about achieving childhood dreams. Inspirational and moving.

http://video.stumbleupon.com/#p=ithct48cqw

ibarramedia
03-15-2008, 06:14 PM
Ver inspiring. I even posted that video with credits to you on another board and it just got pissed on. Very disappointing.

AnneP
03-15-2008, 07:17 PM
Thanks for posting this. Nearly made me cry..

Ruta
03-16-2008, 04:49 PM
is it real??
I mean, two days ago, one very popular musician died (in my country Lithuania) from cancer. but you can see on his face, that he sick. this picture when he is health: http://www.lrytas.lt/-11873651161187073836-p1-%C5%BDmon%C4%97s-V-Kernagis-grumiasi-su-klastinga-liga.htm
this picture one week before he died: http://www.vtv.lt/naujienos/kultura/vytautas-kernagis-atrodau-siek-tiek-kitaip.html

this guy on video, he looks like very healthy.
sorry, but cant believe he is even sick. might be Im wrong

ibarramedia
03-16-2008, 04:56 PM
I is real indeed. The video was clipped from a segment of Oprah Winfrey's show. Oprah is a very powerful and famous woman in the States. In fact, one of the most powerful if not the most powerful woman here. She has very good credibility.

Ruta
03-16-2008, 05:15 PM
I is real indeed. The video was clipped from a segment of Oprah Winfrey's show. Oprah is a very powerful and famous woman in the States. In fact, one of the most powerful if not the most powerful woman here. She has very good credibility.

yes, I know that. but for me looks very suspicious that very healthy looking man says that he left one week to live.
and as I know, after hemotherapy most common side effect-hair loss (http://cancer.about.com/od/chemotherapy/a/chemoeffects_2.htm), take a look at his hair.

lil mama
03-16-2008, 07:59 PM
Ver inspiring. I even posted that video with credits to you on another board and it just got pissed on. Very disappointing.

LOVED THE MESSAGE...AND WHO EVER PISSED ON IT ON ANOTHER FORUM MUST HAVE NOT BEEN A TIG...THE NERVE OF SOME PEEPS WHO HAVE NOTHING BETTER ELSE TO DO BUT TO DISH OUT POOP, U GIVE WHAT U GET SO LETS GIVE :respect: TO ALL AND WE IN HOPES WILL RECIEVE IT IN RETURN....:kiss: BE A TIG...AND LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST:waving:

P.S. HEY SIOUX XOXO HOPE ALL IS WELL;)

Hannibal
03-16-2008, 08:59 PM
LOVED THE MESSAGE...AND WHO EVER PISSED ON IT ON ANOTHER FORUM MUST HAVE NOT BEEN A TIG...THE NERVE OF SOME PEEPS WHO HAVE NOTHING BETTER ELSE TO DO BUT TO DISH OUT POOP, U GIVE WHAT U GET SO LETS GIVE :respect: TO ALL AND WE IN HOPES WILL RECIEVE IT IN RETURN....:kiss: BE A TIG...AND LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST:waving:

P.S. HEY SIOUX XOXO HOPE ALL IS WELL;)

Whoa whoa whoa....lets watch the language. There's no need for the "P" word....hahaha....though I do agree with you. I always annoys me when it seems like some people's soul mission in life than the belittle other people to make themselves feel better.

My dad actually forwarded that video to me.....people are free to debate how sick he is.....but the message is a good one nonetheless.

Bernie
03-17-2008, 12:21 AM
this is the first time i have sat and watched this. and wow.

and pancreatic cancer, is strange. my grand father had it, and he was up moving around, doing all sorts of stuff..heck he went deep sea fishing about a month and a half before he passed. he really didnt even show signs of being sick, till about a weeke before he passed. all the sudden he had no energy, and just laid in bed all day. not until the last few days, was he really weak. the crazy thing, is the the day he died, he had told my dad, the previous night when he was sleeping he saw a bright light, and heard a voice calling his name. he siad no, that he had a few more people to say good bye to. he had my grandmother call our house, he said good bye to my sister my mother and I. he saw my dad, and my aunt, and said good bye to my grandma.....and never woke up the next morning.

cancer is a bitch. you never know how someone is going to react to it.

ibarramedia
03-17-2008, 01:05 AM
this is the first time i have sat and watched this. and wow.

and pancreatic cancer, is strange. my grand father had it, and he was up moving around, doing all sorts of stuff..heck he went deep sea fishing about a month and a half before he passed. he really didnt even show signs of being sick, till about a weeke before he passed. all the sudden he had no energy, and just laid in bed all day. not until the last few days, was he really weak. the crazy thing, is the the day he died, he had told my dad, the previous night when he was sleeping he saw a bright light, and heard a voice calling his name. he siad no, that he had a few more people to say good bye to. he had my grandmother call our house, he said good bye to my sister my mother and I. he saw my dad, and my aunt, and said good bye to my grandma.....and never woke up the next morning.

cancer is a bitch. you never know how someone is going to react to it.

I've had a few relatives & friends succumb to it. That's why I donate funding to find a cure. You might want to share this perspective at my thread at the other place Bernie. Hopefully to change the mood there. You don't have to if you don't want to though. I understand.

Bernie
03-17-2008, 01:10 AM
i think that thread is un salvagable there.....but can try.

all four of my grandparents have had cancer of some kind, as well a very close friend. one of my best friends in the world lost a battle with ovarian cancer at the age of 21.

Bernie
03-17-2008, 01:17 AM
well we will see if what i wrote works....

"on a serious note, dying of cancer or not. this guy makes a great point. live life right, and good things will come. treat other well, live life with humility, and treat people like people, and things like things. People are what matter most in the world. reminds me of a shirt my friend had.

"He who die's with the most toys. Die's anyway."

do we want to be remembered as the pompous ass who had everything, or a person who lived their life the way it was intended to be lived."

ibarramedia
03-17-2008, 01:30 AM
well we will see if what i wrote works....

"on a serious note, dying of cancer or not. this guy makes a great point. live life right, and good things will come. treat other well, live life with humility, and treat people like people, and things like things. People are what matter most in the world. reminds me of a shirt my friend had.

"He who die's with the most toys. Die's anyway."

do we want to be remembered as the pompous ass who had everything, or a person who lived their life the way it was intended to be lived."

You got it Bernie. That is exactly why i wanted to convey that message there. You hit the nail in the head. Unfortunately our 'Comrade' decided to do what he did..... I would expect that from the unmentionables....
That's why i referred to your verse yesterday. You know what i'm talking about.

Bernie
03-17-2008, 02:05 AM
now i do.....got you on that one man.

SBT
03-17-2008, 02:10 AM
Very touching... thanks for sharing!

ibarramedia
03-17-2008, 02:38 AM
now i do.....got you on that one man.

Yeah It was bad. That and the Hollywood thread.. Sorry if it seems we are talking in code but Berns knows...