PDA

View Full Version : Figure posedowns-who has them??

Femphysiquefan
03-14-2008, 04:47 PM
Recently I saw a clip on YouTube of something I had never seen or heard of before: a FIGURE POSEDOWN round!!

of94Y9t0kNA

Now I don't know if that round was intended just for this show or not, and when I go to that figurecoach.com site, I can't find the federation (if any) that they belong to. Have any other figure ladies here on SC.com ever seen or heard of a posedown round in figure before?? If not, what do you think?? Is a posedown round something that you would be interested in participating in, or not?? And, in your opinion, should the NPC/IFBB consider having posedown rounds in their figure divisions??

dvsness
03-14-2008, 05:04 PM
In the beginning, it looked to be just a standard comparison, then whoa! I never saw anything like that before.

JenFerFigure
03-14-2008, 05:10 PM
This looks like it would be a lot of fun! I would be down for it. LOL!!! A little nerve rattling, but exciting too.

IslandGirl
03-14-2008, 05:20 PM
Not to burst any bubbles here, but I think that is crossing the line and in all honestly, I don't think the NPC or IFBB will ever consider this. They are already trying their hardest to draw a thicker line between BB'ing and Figure. This would be going against what they are trying to change.

fitmomma3
03-14-2008, 05:23 PM
ummmm wow I've NEVER seen anything like that before...this is where some open handed poses would be nice for figure.

Femphysiquefan
03-14-2008, 05:45 PM
Not to burst any bubbles here, but I think that is crossing the line and in all honestly, I don't think the NPC or IFBB will ever consider this. They are already trying their hardest to draw a thicker line between BB'ing and Figure. This would be going against what they are trying to change.

But is the introduction of a figure posedown round really that much of a change if the competitors (such as these) only use figure poses in the round, rather than the hard posing you see in FBB posedowns?? Also, the crowd clearly loved it from all that applause.

CQ!
03-14-2008, 06:11 PM
Figure posedowns are done in some nations. The IFBB operates in well over 100 nations [our amateur wings are called IFBB, equal to USA's NPC] and quite a few have this. Also - many figure classes worldwide do poses as well...normally 5....front doub bi, ab/thigh, side tri, back doub bi, side chest, must be done with open palms. Also, some have short routines as well during the night show.

DanielleA
03-14-2008, 06:21 PM
they do this in austrailia. maybe even in the carribean (but someone would have to double check that, I'm not certain)

Siouxcountry
03-14-2008, 06:27 PM
That was fun! :awesome:

That was the 2006 NPC Gateway Classic in Lake City, FL.

Amy Bates was the overall winner...

IslandGirl
03-14-2008, 08:18 PM
Oh don't get me wrong, I think it's a pretty cool idea as Figure women aren't even given a chance to show what they actually worked hard for...

SBT
03-14-2008, 08:30 PM
Yeah I agree... LOOKS pretty fun to me :)

Shelly
03-14-2008, 08:38 PM
hmmm..veddy interesting LOL

i mean for FUN..okay maybe....but its a lil odd to me...

jlay
03-14-2008, 08:40 PM
They did this at my first show that I did. It was in FL also. It was the Central FL Championships in Bradenton, FL. I don't know if it is just for the crowd or what, but it was really entertaining! The girl that won my show was the middle ht class girl in this video. Her name is Julie Green.

jlay
03-14-2008, 08:51 PM
They did this at my first show that I did. It was in FL also. It was the Central FL Championships in Bradenton, FL. I don't know if it is just for the crowd or what, but it was really entertaining! The girl that won my show was the middle ht class girl in this video. Her name is Julie Green.

This was an NPC show also

Siouxcountry
03-14-2008, 10:08 PM

This looks to be very popular in Florida.

At FigureRX, there is a thread concerning a figure posedown at the Zena Collins / Florida Gold Cup Figure Championships in Palm Beach Gardens, held in November 2005...

CLICK HERE (http://www.figurerx.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=515)

KP DIVA
03-14-2008, 11:41 PM
I can't open the video...but for some physiques who do not pump up backstage and are on the line of being to muscular, a posedown would put them at more of a disadvantage.....they already tell'n gurls who just stand there they are too hard, etc...what do you think they would say after a posedown!

KP DIVA
03-14-2008, 11:48 PM
OK, I was just able to open the video..that posedown wasn't what I had in mind. I've seen some federations when they do the mandatory bb poses.

jenscats5
03-15-2008, 12:24 AM
I've never seen that! I've seen them do another round of quarter turn comparisons for class winners to determine the overall, but not that.

Our Fed. only does 1/4 turns in the morning portion, the evening show is just the T-walk to music of our choice. It's not judged but you can be somewhat expressive.

cray17
03-16-2008, 04:06 AM
Ok, something like that in figure would be cool! :cool: In all honesty, I don't see how that would make figure like bodybuilding at all. If anything, it could give it a different identity.

Then what ARE they aiming for? From what has been said by others around many forums, it seems like they want to be a small step above Hawaiian Tropic bikini model. Well...with figure athletes like Gina, Jenn, Christine P-P, Lindsay, Alli, Orenda, and Juliana (among many others) and with the success of V-Dub aka Siren of American Gladiators, then I've got just two words for ya: GOOD...LUCK! :awesome:

IslandGirl
03-16-2008, 07:13 AM
I'll hold my tongue. It's late and I may say something that I may regret. ^^^

dallas3
03-16-2008, 10:08 PM
It looks fun for the ladies and a crowd pleaser, never seen or heard of it before. I think it would be fun to see as an exhibition or maybe in a guest posing form but not sure about it being put into contests.

brandieg
03-16-2008, 11:11 PM
as a regular emcee for the state of florida i have to say that i do see the posedown alot at some shows.for the one that was in your u-tube for the gate way classic i emceed and i have to say that it did go a bit overboard, but in defense of the judging that is why it took so long. usually it goes the basic turns and then maybe a little walking around,but thats about it short and sweet.i myself was in one at the southern states a few years ago and it was about the same, just walking from one corner of the stage to the next and thats about it.:D

brandieg
03-16-2008, 11:12 PM
hey sioux thanks for the picture.....:kiss:

Siouxcountry
03-17-2008, 12:15 AM
hey sioux thanks for the picture.....:kiss:

You're welcome, Brandie! :)

ben
03-17-2008, 04:45 AM
we will have it at our show in the Figure overall to win the car.

www.internationalclassicslasvegas.com -

most amazing and rewarding amateur show in the world in 2008!