PDA

View Full Version : Freaky Quads!

JasonLannigan
11-21-2008, 05:29 AM
Welterweight Mark Ritter at weigh in at the Nationals.

powergirl
11-21-2008, 08:15 AM
what the h***, CRAZY

universe
11-21-2008, 10:07 AM
something doesnt doesnt look quite right to me there!!:rolleyes:

x

KP DIVA
11-21-2008, 11:25 AM
Freaky indeed....but, they are over powering the rest of his physique.

Allen
11-21-2008, 12:18 PM

Agree completely. It's remarkable that he has been able to develop his vastus lateralis muscles so well, but his peculiar structure of that muscle does not complement the overall look of the quads. Instead, it looks like he's missing the top of the outer part of his quads.

thegreatsatan
11-21-2008, 02:21 PM
Maybe he has one of those clown mirrors at home, and everything looks right in it.

FitnFirm
11-21-2008, 03:02 PM
something doesnt doesnt look quite right to me there!!:rolleyes:

x

I was looking ..........for a while ........... thinking something looks slippery :D

ISABELLE TURELL
11-21-2008, 03:14 PM
Welterweight Mark Ritter at weigh in at the Nationals.

I never seen quads like that. I will say he has great hamstrings and abs.

If you look really good in the 1st picture you can see tha guru Tim Gardner in the background sporting the blue and yellow Team Body Tech jacket.

Shelly
11-21-2008, 03:16 PM
what ARE those things??? Jeebus! he looks like hes gonna do some damage!

anglicanbeachparty
11-21-2008, 03:24 PM
What I'm curious about is that ovoid protuberance just above (the back of) his right knee, in the 3rd photo. Is that a Baker's Cyst? :shrug:

KP DIVA
11-22-2008, 08:27 PM
What I'm curious about is that ovoid protuberance just above (the back of) his right knee, in the 3rd photo. Is that a Baker's Cyst? :shrug:

Wow, what is that?? Is that a part of his muscle....I think I read about a Baker's Cyst...but I think it was in the elbow area...what exactly is a Baker's cyst?

pitmommy
11-22-2008, 08:45 PM
Those are not real !! :nuts:

anglicanbeachparty
11-22-2008, 09:11 PM
Wow, what is that?? Is that a part of his muscle....I think I read about a Baker's Cyst...but I think it was in the elbow area...what exactly is a Baker's cyst?

Here is some info on Baker's cysts (http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/bakers-cyst/DS00448) ... they form when the knee joint makes too much synovial fluid (lubricant).

Allen
11-23-2008, 01:14 PM
Here is some info on Baker's cysts (http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/bakers-cyst/DS00448) ... they form when the knee joint makes too much synovial fluid (lubricant).

The diagram certainly corresponds very closely to the photograph. Maybe his knees have overcompensated with an excess of synovial fluid for the stress he's put on them in training???

KP DIVA
11-23-2008, 10:15 PM

I'm assuming it must not be painful....his quads are humongous...doesn't looked like he's missed any training days...I wonder how he did this weekend...I'm going to try and find him.

kclark
11-26-2008, 10:35 PM
WOW!!
I agree-looks like he is missing the top part of his quad!
He does look great though.......

Allen
11-27-2008, 11:12 AM
WOW!!
I agree-looks like he is missing the top part of his quad!
He does look great though.......

It's the most peculiar quad structure I've ever seen, for sure. But, there's no denying that he was ready to hit the stage when those pics were taken.

BTW, I checked out your profile, Kris, and would like to compliment you on your outstanding thigh development, especially your hamstrings and adductors. Keep up the great work! :awesome:

Lisa
11-28-2008, 05:55 AM
I agree with belle, he does have nice hammies...but maybe he injected his quads with that stuff that temporarily makes them bigger???Just sayin'...maybe???

pitmommy
11-28-2008, 05:29 PM
I agree with belle, he does have nice hammies...but maybe he injected his quads with that stuff that temporarily makes them bigger???Just sayin'...maybe???

My thoughts exactly, does anyone know how he did? I couldnt find him.

CydneyWalker_etheric
11-28-2008, 05:34 PM
exactly what i was thinking when i saw them. he looked like a teenager who competed in my show. swollen muscles from injecting something in them. cannot exactly saw what, but def looks like he has been abusing something.

Bronwyn
11-28-2008, 05:35 PM
Well I think this guy has reall extreme shape but I saw a bit similar shape (as Daniel told me immediatelly) - on Martin Kjellstrom, IFBB Pro. And Marius Dohne has also a little bit similar too - not too much, but also the end of outer quad is bigger....
So maybe it is geneticall thing too.

LeezaD
11-28-2008, 05:45 PM

VERY over-powering!! And ummm can someone tell me what a welter weight is ?:confused:

Allen
11-28-2008, 06:01 PM
VERY over-powering!! And ummm can someone tell me what a welter weight is ?:confused:

Hi Leeza! How was your Turkey Day? Mine was pretty nice - relaxed and took it easy with my wife. :)

A welterweight is a boxing weight class that is heavier than lightweight and lighter than middleweight. The term is also used by some martial arts.

ejmcompany@mac.com
11-28-2008, 06:34 PM
Can you say "syntherol"....

JasonLannigan
11-28-2008, 07:36 PM
Mark placed 5th in his class.

pitmommy
11-28-2008, 10:51 PM
Sioux why should I go else where when I have you !! :kiss:

KP DIVA
11-28-2008, 11:04 PM
Mark placed 5th in his class.

Wow, He actually looks a lot better than he did at weigh-ins....IMO his quads aren't as prominent as they were in the 1st pic. I can now look at his whole physique w/o get'n stuck on his legs. Maybe it was just adding the color and oil...dunno!

JasonLannigan
11-28-2008, 11:11 PM
Sioux why should I go else where when I have you !! :kiss:

Thanks! :)

Wow, He actually looks a lot better than he did at weigh-ins....IMO his quads aren't as prominent as they were in the 1st pic. I can now look at his whole physique w/o get'n stuck on his legs. Maybe it was just adding the color and oil...dunno!

He looks better, but those quads throw his symmetry off. I'm surprise he placed so high.

Lisa
11-29-2008, 03:23 AM
Can you say "syntherol"....

Yeah, what he said! lot of BB inject their bis & calves...I know one one female (no names) that had OBVIOUS calf injections this year, especially if you look at last years pix, they were non existent...just sayin, not judging...they do it to bring up weak bodyparts.

LeezaD
11-29-2008, 10:31 AM
Hi Leeza! How was your Turkey Day? Mine was pretty nice - relaxed and took it easy with my wife. :)

A welterweight is a boxing weight class that is heavier than lightweight and lighter than middleweight. The term is also used by some martial arts.

Thanks Allen!!! that solves a lot :) .. My turkey day was good thanks for asking =D

Allen
11-29-2008, 11:31 AM
Thanks Allen!!! that solves a lot :) .. My turkey day was good thanks for asking =D

The word "welter," as used in this sense, is of uncertain origin; the term "welterweight" itself dates from around 1892.

Glad to hear that you had a good Thanksgiving, Leeza. :) Saw your progress pics at MySpace, BTW, and wanted to encourage you to keep up the hard work! Hope you have a great weekend! :awesome:

Allen
11-29-2008, 11:44 AM
Yeah, what he said! lot of BB inject their bis & calves...I know one one female (no names) that had OBVIOUS calf injections this year, especially if you look at last years pix, they were non existent...just sayin, not judging...they do it to bring up weak bodyparts.

http://www.synthetek.com/Products/Syntherol/syntherol.html

The manufacturer boasts, "up to 3" on your arms in 30 days." This stuff has silica in it. You have to wonder about the long-term impact of injecting silica into the muscle fibers. It's a key component of glass and concrete!!! Gives a whole new meaning to making your muscles rock hard . . .

KP DIVA
11-29-2008, 02:53 PM

The manufacturer boasts, "up to 3" on your arms in 30 days." This stuff has silica in it. You have to wonder about the long-term impact of injecting silica into the muscle fibers. It's a key component of glass and concrete!!! Gives a whole new meaning to making your muscles rock hard . . .

That's scarey.......especially being that the likelihood of him making a decent living at this is slim!!!

JasonLannigan
11-29-2008, 04:22 PM

What's crazy is there are probably hundreds if not thousands of people who have bought that!

ejmcompany@mac.com
11-29-2008, 06:28 PM
I wonder if syntherol works in other muscles?:rolf:

Allen
11-29-2008, 06:45 PM
What's crazy is there are probably hundreds if not thousands of people who have bought that!

It is an unfortunate result of participating in a sport in which aesthetics and subjective judging make or break you in competition. For those who do not have the genetics for full muscle bellies, syntherol offers a way around the limitations.

Allen
11-29-2008, 06:56 PM
That's scarey.......especially being that the likelihood of him making a decent living at this is slim!!!

Competitiveness can lead people to unwise actions. Considering the documented concerns (http://www.fda.gov/FDAC/features/995_implants.html) stemming from silica leaking from breast implants, it just seems amazing to me that people would consider direct injections.

KP DIVA
11-29-2008, 09:02 PM
Competitiveness can lead people to unwise actions. Considering the documented concerns (http://www.fda.gov/FDAC/features/995_implants.html) stemming from silica leaking from breast implants, it just seems amazing to me that people would consider direct injections.

Well, hopefully it's not the worse.....and he just has freaky quads!!

Allen
11-29-2008, 11:38 PM
Well, hopefully it's not the worse.....and he just has freaky quads!!

I think he has a freaky quad structure. If he were going to use syntherol, you'd think he would try to balance his physique, instead of having one bodypart overpower the others.