PDA

View Full Version : April Makowski ~ 2009 Sponsorship Bio

nubbers
12-04-2008, 03:15 AM
Thank You so much for this opportunity!!

Where are you from?
I am from Duluth, MN. I have lived here my entire life, right on the tip of the great Lake Superior.

Why did you start to work out?
I started working out on and off in high school and then continued for sports in college.

What's your biggest motivator (to continue)?
I love the feeling I get when I work out. I love the physical benefits in performing in the sporting activities that I do as well.

What do you do apart from bb,fitness or figure(job,interests,hobbies)?
I am currently persuing a teaching licensure, which all I need to do is take a "teacher test" and finish some paper work. I am currently subbing in the Duluth School district.

I play soccer, softball, hockey and broomball... and anything else that is active I like to do! I am trying to take up golf (because of my husband) but it seems too slow for me ;)

I coach fastpitch softball.

Mention at least 3 things that is important to you in your life?

My husband!! He is amazing! He is supportive of anything and everything! I can't imagine life without him.

My mom! She is a strong and sometimes overbearing, however, she is my mom :D.

My puppies! I have a 3yr old yellow lab, her name is Sierra, and if anyone has read "Marly and Me" or is going to the movie that dog is her to a T. My other puppy is an almost 2yr old golden retriever who has the best attitude. she tries to get her "sister" in trouble by getting her to bark...cute but annoying at times :rolleyes:

Mention at least 3 things that makes you happy/mad?
First of all, all three things I mentions above can make me both happy and mad for different reasons. :D

What makes me happy is when I get relax and cuddle with my husband :kiss: ...yes I know that is sappy.

Looking forward to playing any game is exciting for me...and winning makes it better!

Taking my puppies for runs and swims.

I just finished student teaching in Nov. so that actually makes me happy and sad at the same time. I am happy to have had such an amazing time with great kids, and then to be done with my own schooling! I was so sad to have to actually say goodbye to them when I was done.

How would you describe yourself as a person?
I am a spark plug. I am always smiling no matter what! I have a positive outlook on life. I like to be active and have fun.

What is your best/worst trait?
I suppose my best and worst trait could be that I am always smiling! I get the nickname smiley often! While it is very easy for anyone to approach me, no one can really tell if something is bothering me.

That is me for now, I will try and post 100 ;)
I am goint to attach pictures from a bodybuilding show this summer I don't have current pictures at this time but I will take some soon.

I also will add more info about my plans for competing this upcoming year.

Thanks again for this opportunity!!

JasonLannigan
12-04-2008, 03:26 AM
Hello young lady! :waving: What site are you from?

Welcome aboard April! Post your contest history and CLICK HERE (http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?t=4423) and post your answer. :)

What show(s) are you planning to compete in 09?

Good luck!

nubbers
12-04-2008, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the welcome!

I saw this opportunity on the Oxygen site. I donít post often but I am a reliable and avid lurker ;)
I
have only competed once in the NPC Gopher State competition this last summer in June. I competed in bodybuilding and place second in the light weight category (there were only three competitors ;) ). It was an amazing experience! I canít wait to do it again.

These are my intentions currently but at the moment arenít set in stone: I will compete in the Gopher State Classic again this June, but I am highly considering fitness. I donít have a gymnastics or dance background but I think at the local level I could give it a shot. Unfortunately what is making me think twice about is that I sprained my MCL, and it is currently hindering me from doing a lot of different exercises and stretches with that leg. So if that doesnít pan out as I intend then I will compete in bodybuilding again.

nubbers
12-04-2008, 03:00 PM
Here is some more competitive/sports history about me. I played soccer in college and earned all-conference, all-region and all-American honors my last two years. I also played softball in college and earned all-conference honors.

Most recently I have played on National Championship runner-up co-ed broomball team, as well as the state champion co-ed team and state champion womenís team. Did anyone even know this existed? I didnít until I was asked to play, and boy is it fun!

I love to workout. My favorite body part to workout is my legs because they are so strong and I can do so much with them. Unfortunately I sprained my MCL so I havenít been able to do too much. I will do just about anything for cardio: Running, kickboxing, any games I have, biking, etc.

IslandGirl
01-27-2009, 05:45 PM
April, I wish you the best of luck. You still have a couple of days to reach 100 posts!