PDA

View Full Version : HUSBAND DILEMMA

Rebecca Lynn Slatt
12-11-2008, 08:22 PM
OK, so I have NO clue as to what to get my husband for Christmas. I go through this every year.

He lives in workout clothes (Nike 99% but they wear Addidas at his work).
For normal/dress clothes he has a closet full of Banana Republic (FULL—even his socks and underwear).

He is a coach/trainer for all ages/levels of athletes at the Frappier Acceleration here in town. He long jumps for USATF.

Basically, the man buys whatever he wants. I am not going to complain about having a good looking, in-shape, well-dressed man but come on what do I buy this guy?! :p

So..the obvious places to look for gifts: I went to USATF website and looked at the gear they are selling. He already has it all.
Nike/addidas gear (workout clothes)---closet is already over-flowing….workout shoes….too many to count.

He already has a muscle stick, little hurdles, measuring tape, bosu ball, etc.

Does not hunt/fish/etc. LIVES track and field.

OK, he just sent me a picture text of the presents he just wrapped and put under our Christmas tree!

CRAP I BETTER HURRY UP! HELP!

Maybe I should just wrap a ribbon around myself and lay under the tree???

:confused:

KP DIVA
12-11-2008, 08:25 PM
OK, so I have NO clue as to what to get my husband for Christmas. I go through this every year.

For normal/dress clothes he has a closet full of Banana Republic (FULL—even his socks and underwear).

He is a coach/trainer for all ages/levels of athletes at the Frappier Acceleration here in town. He long jumps for USATF.

Basically, the man buys whatever he wants. I am not going to complain about having a good looking, in-shape, well-dressed man but come on what do I buy this guy?! :p

So..the obvious places to look for gifts: I went to USATF website and looked at the gear they are selling. He already has it all.
Nike/addidas gear (workout clothes)---closet is already over-flowing….workout shoes….too many to count.

OK, he just sent me a picture text of the presents he just wrapped and put under our Christmas tree!

LOL...the last one sounds good...I'm sure he'd like that!

What about gadgets? Does he like those? GPS system, IPOD, PDAs, Video Cameras, stuff like that.

Rebecca Lynn Slatt
12-11-2008, 08:30 PM
NO he has a shuffle and that's it.

NON-technical kind of guy...

But he's sure pretty! LOL :D

LIFTstudios
12-11-2008, 08:42 PM
Do a sexy shoot for him and make a book out of it. Classy black and whites like... http://bodyphotage.com

Rebecca Lynn Slatt
12-11-2008, 09:04 PM
Do a sexy shoot for him and make a book out of it. Classy black and whites like... http://bodyphotage.com

hmmm..maybe I'll call Dan with strengthmedia.com here in town and see if he's busy.......good idea.

Thanks!

redhead75
12-11-2008, 09:44 PM
I have your dilemma as well. My husband has EVERYTHING! I got him a Dick's Sporting Goods gift certificate so he can just go buy whatever he feels like. I'm sure he would like you under my tree with a bow too...I mean me with a bow under the tree LOL!

Suzanne
12-11-2008, 09:47 PM

I did that for Chase one year his favorate present he ahs gotten

debbiebramwell
12-11-2008, 10:54 PM

why do you ask him for a wish list........does he like getting pampered? massage gift certificates...workout clothes? and you under the tree is good!:D

NPCFigure 40
12-12-2008, 12:22 AM
Does he like to cook? Some new kitchen gadget? Or a gift certificate to Home Depot or Lowes? New BBQ Grill? New tool he may need? Books he likes to read? New DVD's he may like? My husband wanted a new cereal bowl-LOL, so I went to a pottery store and made him one....How about a nice handmade item like that?

Powder7
12-12-2008, 12:25 AM
What about tickets to something...an experience.... I have gotten guys to go rockclimbing in AZ, snowboarding, hanggliding, paintball...?

Naked stuff is always good for a guy. Don't underestimate it. ha!

musclesrsexy
12-12-2008, 12:48 AM
I'm a guy who buys myself everything I need also but I like the experience idea. Other experiences I would appreciate would be skydiving, bungie jumping, machine gun shooting range, good rock concert, fishing trip, 4 wheeling, travel, gift certs for a nice restaurant, etc.

razorsedge
12-12-2008, 01:51 PM
Being of the same gender of your husband, I would suggest either
buying him a nice pair of black dress shoes(they last forever if you
buy good ones and take care of them) or nice casual clothes that
are an upgrade over t-shirts, sweats or golf shirts. Basically, you are
looking for shirts with more than 3 buttons.

KMS
12-12-2008, 02:53 PM
I agree with Isaac....make a photo shoot book or maybe a calendar!

I would tell you something else that I did but my honey reads the board so I can't. Maybe pm me

truds
12-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Does he have a HR monitor/watch for when he's training?
x

Rebecca Lynn Slatt
12-12-2008, 07:33 PM
GREAT ideas! Thank you!

I am scheduling to get some pics done...good thing I am in shape right now....

Still not sure what else I will get him but I'll keep thinking....

:hula:

Rebecca Lynn Slatt
12-17-2008, 05:01 PM
OK so my shopping is DONE!

He just bought himself a $560 plane ticket to San Diego!

I was told they were $200......what a price jump.

:wtf:

LadyZ
12-17-2008, 05:13 PM
I was going to suggest workout gear like gloves or belt but i chimed in late... :(