PDA

View Full Version : Should Section Title Change to include "Bikini"?

Musclepapa John
12-15-2008, 12:49 AM
Should this section "Bodybuilding, Fitness, & Figure" now include "Bikini"?

Siouxcountry
12-15-2008, 01:12 AM
Should this section "Bodybuilding, Fitness, & Figure" now include "Bikini"?

Name will remain the same for now.

Musclepapa John
12-15-2008, 02:01 AM
Name will remain the same for now.
Reason?:D

tkokayde
12-15-2008, 02:05 AM
I agree with Sioux. We should wait and see where it goes and how many members here go bikini/how many new bikini girls join here. Just my two cents...:angel:

Musclepapa John
12-15-2008, 02:18 AM
It was intended as something of a thought provoking philosophical question as bikini competition is indeed now what you might as well say a permanent part of the largest amateur physique sporting federation the NPC and soon to be in the IFBB.
It could logically be said that for Siouxcountry.com, which is essentially a media entity to hold out in recognizing it or to exclude it from its discussion forum titles is akin to the grip some have with exclusions by other media entities that cover physique sports.
:D

FemFlex
12-15-2008, 02:36 AM
Bikini gets its own section.

Siouxcountry
12-15-2008, 02:47 AM
Reason?:D

I want to see how much interest their is here, before changing the forum title.

The title of this forum can easily be changed, but not the banner.

I really like our banner, and I don't see me changing it.

AirHarp
12-15-2008, 03:18 AM

The new banner:

Women's Bodybuilding, Fitness, and Figure...& Bikini

FemFlex
12-15-2008, 03:36 AM
LOL @ Harp

Sioux, I totally agree with you.

Welcome the bikini girls to participate, but don't go jacking up the banner just to accommodate them.

4evrstroud
12-15-2008, 03:46 AM
The new banner:

Women's Bodybuilding, Fitness, and Figure...& Bikini

Air, thank you!! I actually laughed outloud on your comment!!! :kiss:

Badgergrl
12-15-2008, 03:50 AM
LOL @ Harp

Sioux, I totally agree with you.

Welcome the bikini girls to participate, but don't go jacking up the banner just to accommodate them.

That's awfully humble of you.
Are you the only confirmed bikini competitor that we have from this site?

KP DIVA
12-15-2008, 03:56 AM
Gosh....I can only imagine how the climate will change when that 1st PRO bikini card is rewarded. I'm not looking forward to it!!

Well, other orgs have had some form of bikini already....so with that in mind do we really need to change the banner. I mean we have members from other feds and no one has brought it up in the past. Or is it b/c the majority of members here are NPC that we are now considering the change?

ibarramedia
12-15-2008, 03:57 AM
This is Sioux's board. He will or will not change the section title. Whatever he does is his call. We will all follow along.

Musclepapa John
12-15-2008, 04:18 AM
This is Sioux's board. He will or will not change the section title. Whatever he does is his call. We will all follow along.

My impression is that he considers it the ladies board, which is part of his charm:respect: Some of them figure, fitness, and even bodybuilding ladies may be crossing over to try and become IFBB bikini pros and one wouldn't want to alienate them. I'm sure all the substantial advertisers are going to be embracing this new effort as it will attract more competitors easily I'd bet as compared to bodybuilding. Figure is already the most sizable group of competitors and I'd bet at least 25% of them will compete in bikini with probably 65-75% of them considering it.:)

Siouxcountry
12-15-2008, 04:30 AM
My impression is that he considers it the ladies board, which is part of his charm:respect: Some of them figure, fitness, and even bodybuilding ladies may be crossing over to try and become IFBB bikini pros and one wouldn't want to alienate them. I'm sure all the substantial advertisers are going to be embracing this new effort as it will attract more competitors easily I'd bet as compared to bodybuilding. Figure is already the most sizable group of competitors and I'd bet at least 25% of them will compete in bikini with probably 65-75% of them considering it.:)

Yep it is the women's board here. The biggest voice of the women are my moderators, all of whom have no problem being honest with me, and smacking me upside the head if they think I am making a mistake. :D

tkokayde
12-15-2008, 04:43 AM
I can't help but chuckle at everything said. I think everyone raises good points, but Kenyatta definitely hit it. It's not like we're NPC exclusive here, and no one has made a fuss so far.

Musclepapa John
12-15-2008, 04:51 AM
I can't help but chuckle at everything said. I think everyone raises good points, but Kenyatta definitely hit it. It's not like we're NPC exclusive here, and no one has made a fuss so far.

True dat tko-diva. It actually came to mind over the criticisms here of MD and their fbb coverage (or lack thereof). I'd think the highest standards would call for treating all the female competitors equally for as they say in j-school we each have our own set of biases, but should try to be fair and not show partiality. Just a thought, don't punch me:angel:

KP DIVA
12-15-2008, 04:57 AM
True dat tko-diva. It actually came to mind over the criticisms here of MD and their fbb coverage (or lack thereof). I'd think the highest standards would call for treating all the female competitors equally for as they say in j-school we each have our own set of biases, but should try to be fair and not show partiality. Just a thought, don't punch me:angel:

No punches...but FAME, and a few other federations already have bikini or something similar, ....why wasn't it brought up then?

Highest standards for all female competitors is great....but like I said...it's been around, we have members from other federations posting on the board regularly, so why now?? I don't know of any competitors in bikini or Model Physique (think that's on of the names) question/complain about why it's not on the title.

FemFlex
12-15-2008, 05:01 AM
That's awfully humble of you.
Are you the only confirmed bikini competitor that we have from this site?

http://www.femflex.net/images/newbadger.png

Congratulations, girl - you've earned your PP merit badge.

FemFlex
12-15-2008, 05:08 AM
Yep it is the women's board here. The biggest voice of the women are my moderators, all of whom have no problem being honest with me, and smacking me upside the head if they think I am making a mistake. :D

Now you just have to figure out which mods I have under mind control...

;)

Badgergrl
12-15-2008, 05:17 AM

:yippie:

ibarramedia
12-15-2008, 05:30 AM

Doesn't that belong to Hiram- HDDW? ;)

FemFlex
12-15-2008, 05:49 AM
Doesn't that belong to Hiram- HDDW? ;)

He and I are the only ones who have the authority to award it.

Badgergrl is the first female recipient of this great honor.

Musclepapa John
12-15-2008, 05:56 AM
No punches...but FAME, and a few other federations already have bikini or something similar, ....why wasn't it brought up then?
Highest standards for all female competitors is great....but like I said...it's been around, we have members from other federations posting on the board regularly, so why now?? I don't know of any competitors in bikini or Model Physique (think that's on of the names) question/complain about why it's not on the title.

It really isn't so much about complaints as appeal/marketing. The other federations contests and members are dwarfed by those of the NPC. It is about an economy of scale (NPC weighs more, lol). While SiouxCountry might not try to do anything different to appeal to the existing and future bikini competitors plenty of others will. This could give rise to a CherokeeBikiniCountry.com or sumptin:p
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n237/pijoehawley/Kalispel-Indian-Girl-th.jpg

tkokayde
12-15-2008, 06:39 AM

Sorry, this diva is pre-contest and carb-deprived right now. Can't handle the thought provoking questions so well. But, don't worry, I'm in retirement from the ring. At this point I save these fists for those that truly fire me up. :p

FemFlex
12-15-2008, 07:00 AM
But, don't worry, I'm in retirement from the ring. At this point I save these fists for those that truly fire me up. :p
Hold on...

Are you saying that I could pay you to beat up MPJ?

Or worse, that Badgergrl could pay you to beat me up??

HDPhysiques-Joe
12-15-2008, 02:40 PM
Hold on...

Wouldn't badge want that honor herself?

Badgergrl
12-15-2008, 03:05 PM
Wouldn't badge want that honor herself?

No, he would enjoy that too much. :p

FemFlex
12-15-2008, 06:18 PM
No, he would enjoy that too much. :p

Um, when do I get my new t-shirt?

http://femflex.net/images/pwntbybgtee.png

Badgergrl
12-15-2008, 06:37 PM
Um, when do I get my new t-shirt?

http://femflex.net/images/pwntbybgtee.png

LOL
That's great...and the pink will look fab on you!

CydneyWalker_etheric
12-15-2008, 06:42 PM
Gosh....I can only imagine how the climate will change when that 1st PRO bikini card is rewarded. I'm not looking forward to it!!

Well, other orgs have had some form of bikini already....so with that in mind do we really need to change the banner. I mean we have members from other feds and no one has brought it up in the past. Or is it b/c the majority of members here are NPC that we are now considering the change?

i agree with Diva. Do we really need to change it? The inbf has their model contest and bikini contest, but it isn't this thing that has taken over their contests. and figure is still growing leaps and bounds for them.

i know i commented on the bikini division in another thread.....and i guess we are thinking with NPC that bikini will runamuck and take over. granted npc is the biggest organization for amateurs, but does bikini have to take over? i just guess those are our feelings that it will.

tkokayde
12-15-2008, 07:42 PM
Hold on...

I never fought for the money...just for the snazzy feeling it gives me. :D I guess I could start to be the SC hitman. Goes with the Charlie's Angels theme, right Sioux?

Siouxcountry
12-15-2008, 07:58 PM
I never fought for the money...just for the snazzy feeling it gives me. :D I guess I could start to be the SC hitman. Goes with the Charlie's Angels theme, right Sioux?

Ha! :D Tre wouldn't stand a chance against you! :fight:

KP DIVA
12-15-2008, 08:55 PM
i agree with Diva. Do we really need to change it? The inbf has their model contest and bikini contest, but it isn't this thing that has taken over their contests. and figure is still growing leaps and bounds for them.

i know i commented on the bikini division in another thread.....and i guess we are thinking with NPC that bikini will runamuck and take over. granted npc is the biggest organization for amateurs, but does bikini have to take over? i just guess those are our feelings that it will.

There is more than enough room for Bikini in the NPC...I don't think it will take over anything...but I'm just pointing out that no one cared about bikini b4 being on the title when it's been present in other feds for sometime...We all recognize that their are members from other feds here on the board.

Now all of a sudden Sioux is getting questioned...and I kind of feel like it's being insinuated that Sioux/female NPC competitors are trying to discredit it....when we haven't even had the first show!

CydneyWalker_etheric
12-15-2008, 09:25 PM
There is more than enough room for Bikini in the NPC...I don't think it will take over anything...but I'm just pointing out that no one cared about bikini b4 being on the title when it's been present in other feds for sometime...We all recognize that their are members from other feds here on the board.

Now all of a sudden Sioux is getting questioned...and I kind of feel like it's being insinuated that Sioux/female NPC competitors are trying to discredit it....when we haven't even had the first show!

right!

MsGuns
12-15-2008, 09:51 PM
Funny its always the MEN questioning our sport like they know whats best for us.

ISABELLE TURELL
12-15-2008, 09:58 PM

I highly agree with you Sioux.

KP DIVA
12-15-2008, 10:00 PM
Funny its always the MEN questioning our sport like they know whats best for us.

Dang...you know what, you ain't never lied! It has been the MeN!!!!

Musclepapa John
12-15-2008, 11:02 PM

After our philosophical consideration of this topic last evening and the implications such as legitimization of bikini by being placed in the forum header I found this new thread post telling:

"The new bikini division is giving me the opportunity to go back to my old days as a bikini competitor and teach aspiring competitors the best way to present their physique on stage," wrote Adela Garcia, 2007 Ms Fitness Olympia.
http://siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?t=4780

Adela was interested in bikini at one time and still today as she will be teaching it here in jville at her camp with several other NPC/IFBB luminaries.

There is certainly interest in bikini competition. However, there indeed might not be much here.:D

FemFlex
12-16-2008, 12:18 AM
Dang...you know what, you ain't never lied! It has been the MoNeY!!!!

Fixed.

FemFlex
12-16-2008, 12:19 AM
There is certainly interest in the money that bikini competitors will bring in...

Fixed.

KP DIVA
12-16-2008, 01:59 AM
Fixed.

Good one Tre!

Musclepapa John
12-16-2008, 02:38 AM
I misquote people
Fixed.:D

FemFlex
12-18-2008, 03:04 PM

I like where you're going with this.

(I'll have to tell you about my secret life when I know ya a little better...;))