PDA

View Full Version : This is for Sioux...

MsGuns
03-21-2008, 05:00 AM
Sioux, i see you posting on other websites and linkin it back to here...
great exposure for you and the ladies...
Have you had many to join cause of that or cause us ladies have been working our tails off promoting it...smile

Siouxcountry
03-21-2008, 06:23 AM
Sioux, i see you posting on other websites and linkin it back to here...
great exposure for you and the ladies...
Have you had many to join cause of that or cause us ladies have been working our tails off promoting it...smile

First, if it wasn't for you female competitors this site wouldn't exist. You all have made this a great site. Our moderators have done a superb job. You Drexel have helped us grow as well.

Many do indeed join from the links I have posted elsewhere. I just wish I could figure out away to get more lurkers to post and join the fun.

MsGuns
03-21-2008, 06:27 AM
a tribute to our very own...

http://buffcalendargirls.com/mod.html

KMS
03-21-2008, 11:56 AM
I think it's great also. Sioux posts on my board as well and it is linked back to here and as a wonderful gesture to me he has put me on the Sioux approved board list. I believe that there is no reason why we can't all help each other out for a good reason. I am with Sioux though on being able to get more lurkers join and speak up. I know that there are so many that coule be of tremendous inspiration to people out there struggling with their weight issues, body image, fitness goals and self esteem. To see others succeed is amazing motivation and it makes others believe it is possible. Such as Kenyatta I believe her name is....she has a great story to tell and many others should see it.

I had another board that I am still a member of but don't post much at all. I go in...post support for others say hi and that is about it. I had been a member for a couple of years. When I decided to start my own board...I was accused of copying even though the focus of the board was completely different and well truthfully...some of my clients had asked for support. When that board changed hands....I posted as my signature a link to my board along with a link for my myspace and my website. The next time I went in....everything except my link for website had been deleted. I was horribly hurt by that gesture. I am more hurt by that gesture now because I see the same people that deleted my link...posting on other boards with their signature being a link to their board. NOT that that is a problem but it seems a bit hypocritical. How can you expect others to support you when you don't support them. SO I commend Sioux for what he is doing, there is no reason why this world has to be sooooo cut throat and no reason someone can't think of others instead of just themselves.

I absolutely love Sioux for what he has done here and the way that he has personally PROTECTED ME let alone others on some of the other bigger boards. This is a very nice safe home. :respect:

MUAH

MsGuns
03-21-2008, 03:32 PM
and the men there just turned me off...

They think they know more about us and our sport...
SOme say some horrible things about people...

I only go back every now and then and just read...I might email the owner of the board but thats about it...

Im back and forth w/ SC.com and FB.com....i feel there are more competitors posting...not those mean men...smile

Thanks Sioux and TTTG for thinking so high of us...smile

I didnt know there were other boards besides the ones I use to post on til Sioux made links...I was like wow there is a whole another world out there...

Katie, congrats on your own board...how long has it been up?

KMS
03-21-2008, 03:44 PM
Just since the fall. I started one so that competitors AND non competitors could feel at home and not out of place. It isn't geared one way or the other but both get support from one another. It's very small and that is ok...in time it will grow....I just want it to always be a place of positive energy ya know. I hate DRAMA

SBT
03-21-2008, 03:54 PM
First, if it wasn't for you female competitors this site wouldn't exist. You all have made this a great site. Our moderators have done a superb job. You Drexel have helped us grow as well.

Many do indeed join from the links I have posted elsewhere. I just wish I could figure out away to get more lurkers to post and join the fun.

AGREED!!!!!! :awesome:

bree marsh
03-21-2008, 04:01 PM
i have heard that people post bad things on other boards and talk about other competitors alot (in a bad way), which is why i really only post here...love it! yes, lurkers need to start posting!!!

MsGuns
03-21-2008, 04:41 PM
but i dont about competitors posting by the fans...oh my god...i hope none of the gurls read their post...they (nasty posters) would get beat up for real...

i have heard that people post bad things on other boards and talk about other competitors alot (in a bad way), which is why i really only post here...love it! yes, lurkers need to start posting!!!

KP DIVA
03-21-2008, 05:16 PM
I think it's great also. Sioux posts on my board as well and it is linked back to here and as a wonderful gesture to me he has put me on the Sioux approved board list. I believe that there is no reason why we can't all help each other out for a good reason. I am with Sioux though on being able to get more lurkers join and speak up. I know that there are so many that coule be of tremendous inspiration to people out there struggling with their weight issues, body image, fitness goals and self esteem. To see others succeed is amazing motivation and it makes others believe it is possible. Such as Kenyatta I believe her name is....she has a great story to tell and many others should see it.

I had another board that I am still a member of but don't post much at all. I go in...post support for others say hi and that is about it. I had been a member for a couple of years. When I decided to start my own board...I was accused of copying even though the focus of the board was completely different and well truthfully...some of my clients had asked for support. When that board changed hands....I posted as my signature a link to my board along with a link for my myspace and my website. The next time I went in....everything except my link for website had been deleted. I was horribly hurt by that gesture. I am more hurt by that gesture now because I see the same people that deleted my link...posting on other boards with their signature being a link to their board. NOT that that is a problem but it seems a bit hypocritical. How can you expect others to support you when you don't support them. SO I commend Sioux for what he is doing, there is no reason why this world has to be sooooo cut throat and no reason someone can't think of others instead of just themselves.

I absolutely love Sioux for what he has done here and the way that he has personally PROTECTED ME let alone others on some of the other bigger boards. This is a very nice safe home. :respect:

MUAH

Now that's the truth!!! I think support is the key to keeping this board happy. I've noticed that we've been able to have healthy confrontation (only once that I nocticed actually) w/o it turning into an all out fight. I have been appauled (sp) at the language and blatant disrespect seen on other boards as well as on myspace. I believe the support and respect that we share 4 each other here is what will keep this board going.

Siouxcountry
03-21-2008, 06:01 PM
We have a great community here, and I believe it will only get better.

I urge everyone to contribute in your own way.

If you have a female friend who competes, ask her to check us out. If you have a male friend who supports the women's side email him a link to the board.

If you go to a show and take pics, share them with us, or contact me and I'll post them when I have time.

If you have info about a show that has not been posted, post it.

If you know someone who will compete, but who has not been mentioned yet, post and let us know.

Share your opinion on various threads.

Have an idea for a thread, start one up.

Support fellow competitors. Many now have journals in our Training journal forum. As you competitors know prep is not easy, and online support does indeed help.

We are a community of competitors and fans, and I see no reason why this can't be the best board ever.

We have no mag or supplement store behind us, so we can not pay anyone to cover a show, or take pics, but we also do not censor other sources of info like those types of boards do.

:)

Shelly
03-21-2008, 06:34 PM
there is no better place to find positive support from others who share the love of the sport.

This board will be the best- b/ of the comradery, and up-to-date info.

Congrats Sioux-- and thanks for always supporting us ladies! :D

dallas3
03-21-2008, 07:09 PM
there is no better place to find positive support from others who share the love of the sport.

This board will be the best- b/ of the comradery, and up-to-date info.

Congrats Sioux-- and thanks for always supporting us ladies! :D

Agreed, getting to know some of you on here better and understand what goes on from offseason to contest shape gives more appreciation and repect for what everyone does on here. Being in a community where fans can show that appreciation makes it great too.

SBT
03-21-2008, 07:33 PM
Thats what I like BEST about this board is the positiveness and the drama free part of it!!! :D

AnneP
03-22-2008, 08:22 AM
Thats what I like BEST about this board is the positiveness and the drama free part of it!!! :D

Exactly. One thing I really dont need in the boards are those negative ones, who keep complaining about same things for YEARS.

So thanks Sioux. You have created an awesome place for competitors and fans. And with help of all this board is just getting better and better. So you sitting there behind your screen, if you know something, plase share it. http://www.exyu-fitness.com/forum/Smileys/default/blowkiss.gif

cray17
03-22-2008, 06:34 PM
I agree with everyone on here. It's a cool place to talk, meet fellow competitors and fans, and have discussions, not bitter spats. I'm attempting to put this link in each of my Yahoo groups over the next few days; I already have it in a few of the groups.

From the bottom of my heart, sioux, thanks for providing a great board for competitors and fans alike. :respect:

Bernie
03-22-2008, 08:53 PM
i like this place. i can come in and chat with some people, and I dont have to deal with the crazies....heck they even scare the crap out of me......

Hakan
03-22-2008, 09:30 PM
Exactly. One thing I really dont need in the boards are those negative ones, who keep complaining about same things for YEARS.
http://www.exyu-fitness.com/forum/Smileys/default/blowkiss.gif

I better stay away then:banghead::kiss: :D:D:D

Hakan
03-22-2008, 09:42 PM
I here to support the girls who works as hard if not harder than the men, just to make it to the pro and from pro to make it a living out of it...
Just knock on my door and I will welcome you and help you the best way that I can :-)