PDA

View Full Version : Tami Bellon at Northern Kentucky

Quadrablue
03-22-2008, 01:38 AM
I just spoke with Tami. She is less than happy. Almost at the point of not doing show but I think Shawn managed to convince her otherwise. I tried giving a pep talk to but.... This is what she told me.....

She weighed in at 130. The water is not coming off the way she had hoped so she is making adjustments.

She thinks there are @ 6-7 girls in her class and is still pretty sure she will qualify. Kim F spoke with her and told her that she has made improvements on her shape and she is in better shape than she was last year.

I think she is being a little hard on herself but which of us has not been right?

I'll keep you all updated as I find out info.

Siouxcountry
03-22-2008, 01:45 AM
I'll keep you all updated as I find out info.

Thanks, Athena!

Tell her we wish her the best! :)

Tami last year at the Northern Kentucky...

dvsness
03-22-2008, 01:47 AM
We are pulling for you, Tami!! :kiss:

Quadrablue
03-22-2008, 01:53 AM
Thanks, Athena!

Tell her we wish her the best! :)

Will do!

I'm sure she will be fine. It's just one of those shows ya know? I told her take what you can out of it and use the experience to make you better the next time. She has lots of time til her next one. She has tons of potential!

Badgergrl
03-22-2008, 03:12 AM
Will do!

I'm sure she will be fine. It's just one of those shows ya know? I told her take what you can out of it and use the experience to make you better the next time. She has lots of time til her next one. She has tons of potential!

True dat! :)

I think it's normal for everyone to have that self-doubt right before a show. Regardless of how she feels not being the absolute best she can be, she belongs on that stage. And yes, she has improved- amazingly so! I have no doubt that she will have improved even more by her next show.

Go Tami!!!!!

SBT
03-22-2008, 03:16 AM
Thanks for keeping us updated!!!

I think Tami will make us proud!!! ;)

Siouxcountry
03-22-2008, 03:49 AM
Tami posted these pics March 19th... :)

Quadrablue
03-22-2008, 04:16 AM
Yep she has definitely made lots of progress

SBT
03-22-2008, 04:52 AM
Yes she sure has, both physically and mentally!

I think a lot of it is that she is hard on herself too, or I know she used to be that way anyways ;)

IslandGirl
03-22-2008, 05:50 AM
Yes, those self doubts are horrible!

Tami has improved so much from last year and WOW, she has added alot of muscle as well.

I'm cheering for her in spirit. Keep us updated Athena. She has to get her NQ! She needs to be at Jr. Nats!!!

Quadrablue
03-22-2008, 04:26 PM
This is what Shawn had to say this morning....

Well, Tami is pretty nervous. Staying at this ummm "motel" doesnt help. I saw a small kid get eaten by a cockroach.

She was still holding a fair amount of water. Also she is thinking she isnt lean enough from last year. That may be true BUT her shape and balance is much better. Her back is just flatout NICE! Yes, she has some stretched skin around the glutes but having kids can do that. THIS IS WHERE I HATE BODYBUILDING. She keeps hammering on herself about things she cant change per se. I wish she could just cross the T's and dot the I's and be happy with what she is. She is beautiful. She has a wonderful representation of a female bodybuilder. Her posing is MUCH MUCH better. I like her routine. She even showed me some of it last night. Very nice. I think Tami could win her class BUT there is also a good middleweight that could beat her. Still, its a competition right? I hope that regardless Tami not rest too much and start thinking about her next show and what to do. I will post photos in a few hours.

frannyfran
03-22-2008, 04:48 PM
Tami posted these pics March 19th... :)

I love those pictures they are awesome!!! I"m sure it can only get better!!

Siouxcountry
03-22-2008, 06:02 PM
This is what Shawn had to say this morning....

Thanks for the update. :)

sassy69
03-22-2008, 06:27 PM
Thx for updating.... ooh soo there w/ Tami in spirit!

Siouxcountry
03-22-2008, 06:30 PM
She has to place in the top 3 in her class to qualify for the Jr Nationals, correct?

AnneP
03-22-2008, 06:40 PM
Thanks for updates!

Sorry if I am asking stupid things, but I dont know that much about NPC system. I do know that there are national qualifiers, Jr nationals and nationals. Sioux wrote, that need to place in top 3 to compete in jr nationals, right? How about nationals? Do you have to compete first(and place in top-something) in Jr nationals to compete in nationals? Or is it so that placing in top 3 in national qualifier gives possibility to compete also in nationals? (without needing to do jr nationals before)

Quadrablue
03-22-2008, 06:52 PM
She has to place in the top 3 in her class to qualify for the Jr Nationals, correct?

She told me she has to place top 2 to qualify. Not sure why this show is different.

Siouxcountry
03-22-2008, 08:55 PM
Thanks for updates!

Sorry if I am asking stupid things, but I dont know that much about NPC system. I do know that there are national qualifiers, Jr nationals and nationals. Sioux wrote, that need to place in top 3 to compete in jr nationals, right? How about nationals? Do you have to compete first(and place in top-something) in Jr nationals to compete in nationals? Or is it so that placing in top 3 in national qualifier gives possibility to compete also in nationals? (without needing to do jr nationals before)

I found this Anne, this was written a few years ago:

The qualification process is as follows.
http://www.michigannpc.com/_themes/virtualsmooth/bullet.gif Junior USA or Junior Nationals – Must place in the top 5 at a national qualifier within 2 years of the event.
http://www.michigannpc.com/_themes/virtualsmooth/bullet.gif Figure Nationals (Held at the Team Universe) – Must place in the top 3 at a national qualifier within 2 years of the event.

LINK (http://www.michigannpc.com/figurerules.htm)

MsGuns
03-22-2008, 09:17 PM
you compete locally...

You get top 2 in your class you compete only at Jr shows

Then if you place top 5 @ Jr's you can compete @ USAs, Masters, TU, NAs or Nationals.

Or you have to do BOTH Jrs be going on to a national level....

The USAs and Nationals should be the shows to give out Pro cards to class winners.

MAsters, TU and NAs should be overal winner.

Also, I think top 5 placers should get there entry fee paid for for the next yr...smile

I know Im askin for a lot and Im not even a NPC competitor...lol

NPCIN
03-22-2008, 09:21 PM
I just spoke a judge for the NKY. He said pre-judge is now over and there was like 14 FBB total in the show. I asked about Tammy,but he said he didn't know who she was so I have no information on how she did.

Sioux...for a FBB to qualify for a National level show they have to place top 2 in their class at a National qualifying show or they have had to place top 5 at a National level show within the last 2 years.

Siouxcountry
03-22-2008, 09:27 PM
Sioux...for a FBB to qualify for a National level show they have to place top 2 in their class at a National qualifying show or they have had to place top 5 at a National level show within the last 2 years.

Thanks, Dave!

*fingers are crossed for Tami*

Anyone happen to know any site covering this show?

Siouxcountry
03-23-2008, 03:31 AM
Any news?

Mercury Girl
03-23-2008, 03:04 PM
Shawn posted this at FB.com. I hope it's ok for me to post it here.

**THIS IS SHAWN**

Tami placed 5th. She wasn't happy as you can assume. She can say whatever else later.

I responded at FB, and I'll say it here, too. I think Tami looked great and she worked really hard for this show. She should be proud of herself.

Siouxcountry
03-23-2008, 07:14 PM
Thank you Mercury Girl.

Indeed she should be proud of herself.

She'll continue to improve. :)

Siouxcountry
03-24-2008, 06:14 PM
Tami Bellon over at MD.com:

Thank you, Tammy, Athena, Kim and Kate for talking to me over the last couple of days.....and Kate, thanks for coming to the show.

Thanks all for stopping in and encouraging me.

I've already told a couple of people that if it were not for the hotel already being booked, we wouldn't have been there at all. I was not ready and I was very aware of that. I won't go into another show feeling embarrassed again. I am extremely disappointed in myself.

I'm feeling a little better today - pecan banana cream pancakes from Bob Evan's takes a little of the sting out of it.

Back in the gym tomorrow. I don't have 15 lbs to lose, but I obviously have a few. I guess I'm shooting for lw again.

I was a complete bitch to my husband all weekend and actually for the last few weeks. I'm sorry, Shawn.Posted by Shawn Bellon:

wsGShIK8Nnw

ISABELLE TURELL
03-24-2008, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the clip Sioux. I know Tami stated she is extremely disappionted in herself, and honestly there is no reason to be. I know she wasn't happy with her conditioning,etc, but she is still a champion regardless. She went on that stage giving it her best, and thats all that matters. :flex: Its sweet hearing her husband cheering her on in the background in the video clip too. When Tami steps on the stage again she will be victorious.

“Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.”
-Oprah Winfrey

oh yeah those pecan banana cream pancakes sound really yummy! I better be careful cause if David reads this he may spank my booty:ASB:. He knows I love pancakes lol

Mercury Girl
03-24-2008, 07:25 PM
It's funny that Tami thinks she was a bitch to her husband for a couple of weeks, because Shawn has said a couple of times here and other places how great Tami was to him when his aunt passed and he's never had anything but great things to say about her.

SBT
03-24-2008, 09:59 PM
Thanks for posting up that clip SC!!!

TAMI- Keep your head up girl, you will kick @$$ the next time around, you had a lot of stressers you had to deal with the last few weeks!

Shawn
03-24-2008, 11:17 PM
I am proud of Tami that although she was so disappointed in things SHE FINISHED. And honestly, her routine was good. At this point, I will start training her again. This prep she was on her own. No, I dont know jack about prep but I can put some lifting schemes together and get blood from a turnip. Tami has it in her but needs motivation. And there were a myriad of personal issues that really I dont think anyone could deal with. She stayed with me at the hospital for almost a week as well which limited her training to a degree.

So long as no person every thinks a contest is what encompasses WHO THEY ARE I will support Tami's training and competing. It is still glorified modeling albeit fun and hard work. In the end, we all have to be accountable for what we decided to invest in while alive.

Tami Bellon
03-24-2008, 11:18 PM
Thanks, all. I just found this - thanks for posting Athena.

I'm feeling a little better, but still very disappointed in myself. This was NOT my best - I did better in my first show and THAT wasn't even my best. grrrrrr

I improved from pj to the night show - so seeing that video, you can imagine how bad I looked earlier in the day :( I was flat, watery and still holding a little fat - just not ready.

I think I'm going for the Francois show May 17th in Columbus, OH.

On a positive note:
I met so many really cool girls. That's really not a load of bs!!!! We all hung out back stage in our little "fbb group". There were 1 or 2 stragglers, but there were 12 of us sitting talking, laughing, practicing routines, sharing wine and food and helping each other with misc. tasks. That was the best part of the whole thing!

ISABELLE TURELL
03-25-2008, 12:03 AM
Great to hear that your thinking about competing at the Francois show May 17th. :yippie:

Tami your a strong individual mentally and physically. Don't be disappionted in yourself as again you went on that stage and you did your best. Take these feelings you have right now and use them for when you train in the gym, pose, eat your meals, etc.. Visualize yourself as the champion bodybuilder you are. I am speaking from my heart when I say this as I am very passionate about bodybuilding and I know how you feel.

It sounds like you had a lot of fun backstage. SO what kind of wine was that you girls were sharing?;)

Tami Bellon
03-25-2008, 12:12 AM
Great to hear that your thinking about competing at the Francois show May 17th. :yippie:

Tami your a strong individual mentally and physically. Don't be disappionted in yourself as again you went on that stage and you did your best. Take these feelings you have right now and use them for when you train in the gym, pose, eat your meals, etc.. Visualize yourself as the champion bodybuilder you are. I am speaking from my heart when I say this as I am very passionate about bodybuilding and I know how you feel.

It sounds like you had a lot of fun backstage. SO what kind of wine was that you girls were sharing?;)

Thanks, Isabelle. ;)

Merlot - of course! .....and there was an abundant amount of Beverly goo! lol

ISABELLE TURELL
03-25-2008, 12:16 AM
:welcome:

I love zinfandel:D.

fitmomma3
03-25-2008, 12:25 AM
Tami! Congrats! I'm so happy for you that like Shawn said YOU FINISHED IT OUT! I can understand completley being disappointed, but moments like these don't just build experience/character they show the type of person you are by finishing and moving forward. You still have awesome muscle and shape and we are all looking forward to you getting on stage again.

Tami Bellon
03-26-2008, 01:18 AM
OK - well - I'm 7-8 weeks out ..... again. It's either the Illinois State show on Mar 24, or the Julie Palmer show in OH May 31.

I'm up 4 lbs from Saturday and don't plan on going up any more than that. No time for pouting anymore!

Siouxcountry
03-26-2008, 01:22 AM
OK - well - I'm 7-8 weeks out ..... again. It's either the Illinois State show on Mar 24, or the Julie Palmer show in OH May 31.

I'm up 4 lbs from Saturday and don't plan on going up any more than that. No time for pouting anymore!

Now that's the spirit! :awesome:

Shawn
03-26-2008, 01:22 AM
Yeah! I will need pampered during my last few weeks of prep so you know...

Shawn
03-26-2008, 01:25 AM
SZuVHQcZlNA

Tami Bellon
03-26-2008, 01:31 AM
Yes, Shawn is competing in the Francois show May 10th. I'll be there to powder his bottom if needed during his prep :D

Sioux - You can always depend on me to come back fighting ;)

Siouxcountry
03-26-2008, 01:34 AM

Cool, you two can turn this into a prep thread if you'd like too. :cool:

Shelly
03-26-2008, 01:39 AM

thats the right attitude girl!!!!!!!

:)

we will be here supportin you all the way:respect:

dvsness
03-26-2008, 01:52 AM
I think you guys are one of the cutest couples ever. I see great things for you both this season. :awesome:

Tami Bellon
03-26-2008, 04:19 AM
Cool, you two can turn this into a prep thread if you'd like too. :cool:

Sounds good, Sioux! :frog:

IslandGirl
03-26-2008, 05:09 AM

Yes, Shawn is competing in the Francois show May 10th. I'll be there to powder his bottom if needed during his prep :D

That's cool! :awesome: Good luck to both of you!!!