PDA

View Full Version : The Juliette Bergmann Cup

Gert
03-22-2008, 05:57 AM
Held for the first time and named after Hollands most famous female bodybuilder. It's a beginners competition.
In Holland the bodybuilding and fitness scene is not that what it used to be way back in the eighties. And this show was no exeption, not many athlete's but there was one lady that did her first show that stood out from the rest of the athletes. Nice upperbody and some great legs!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3082/2339604271_ec46be32bf_b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2082/2339603505_7d8888fa13_b.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3105/2338940716_461f31dc29.jpg

She competed in the fitness class and won but i think she also would have won the figure class.

Siouxcountry
03-22-2008, 06:41 AM
So women are required to pose in fitness in Europe?

Hakan
03-22-2008, 06:54 AM
Gert do you have more information about this event??? Just so I can put in my calender for the next time for this event - could be that the nex time we can send some Scandinavia to the event???

Gert
03-22-2008, 07:50 AM
So women are required to pose in fitness in Europe?
Yep, all the fitness women have to do the compulsory poses.

AnneP
03-22-2008, 07:53 AM
Is this IFBB event?

Gert, thank you for you information from Holland. Actually I have to admit, I do not know so much things going on there in bb/fitness world. Any girls going to IFBB European Championships from Holland? If I remember right, you have a few very good body fitness girls there...

(Sioux, the poses are the same in IFBB than NPC. No poses in fitness/body fitness, just quater turns..)

EDIT: So if you have compulsory poses in Fitness, this is not IFBB,right?

Gert
03-22-2008, 07:54 AM
Gert do you have more information about this event??? Just so I can put in my calender for the next time for this event - could be that the nex time we can send some Scandinavia to the event???

More info can be found on the site of the NBBF/IFBB (http://www.missfitness.nl/nbbf/).

There were also a few Belgium athlete's competing so i think scandinavian athlete's are also welcome.

Gert
03-22-2008, 08:00 AM
Is this IFBB event?

Gert, thank you for you information from Holland. Actually I have to admit, I do not know so much things going on there in bb/fitness world. Any girls going to IFBB European Championships from Holland? If I remember right, you have a few very good body fitness girls there...

(Sioux, the poses are the same in IFBB than NPC. No poses in fitness/body fitness, just quater turns..)

EDIT: So if you have compulsory poses in Fitness, this is not IFBB,right?

This is an IFBB event and fitness women have a compulsory round. The figure (bodyfitness) ladies also until last year. Most off the dutch figure girls like the compulsory poses so maybe next year it's back in dutch competitions.:woohoo:

AnneP
03-22-2008, 08:12 AM
Wow, that is interesting! But please keep us updated!

buildy
03-23-2008, 11:45 PM
Yo Gert
when are we finally gonna meet :awesome:
I will be at the Hercules Cup and NK 2008

Gert
03-24-2008, 09:08 AM
I'm also at the Herules cup next sunday and the Dutch Nationals on april the 20th.
I think the nationals are gonne be special this year with an international competition and a hall of fame to honor all the great dutch bodybuilders from the past like Berry deMey, Erika Mes, Juliette Bergmann etc.

Looking forward to meet you there!!;)

buildy
03-24-2008, 03:05 PM
I'm also at the Herules cup next sunday and the Dutch Nationals on april the 20th.
I think the nationals are gonne be special this year with an international competition and a hall of fame to honor all the great dutch bodybuilders from the past like Berry deMey, Erika Mes, Juliette Bergmann etc.

Looking forward to meet you there!!;)

just look for a 6'8" dude

ibarramedia
03-25-2008, 06:45 AM

Buildy I did not know you were that tall.

buildy
03-26-2008, 12:07 AM
Buildy I did not know you were that tall.

Yep I am a nightmare to the ones who stands behind me at shows or concerts

DANISH DYNAMITE
03-26-2008, 04:04 AM

Have you ever played basketball lol

Ima
03-26-2008, 04:22 AM
This is an IFBB event and fitness women have a compulsory round. The figure (bodyfitness) ladies also until last year. Most off the dutch figure girls like the compulsory poses so maybe next year it's back in dutch competitions.:woohoo:

Hey Gert,

Thanks for the information, please keep it coming.
Although I have been living in the USA for 10 years, ik ben en blijf een Nederlandse! (I am, and will stay a Dutch citizen).

I might actually be interested to see if I could combine a figure show in the Netherlands next year or the year after that with a visit home. However, I wouldn't want to make a fool of myself and only have model poses and 1/4 turns in my repertoire and not come prepared. Especially if they would bring back compulsory poses.

First things first though, which means a few more American competitions to attend before looking across the border. But I guess it can't hurt to check out the requirements.

TIA!

Gert
03-26-2008, 07:46 AM
Hello Tia. Nice to hear from you. Also nice to see that after 10 years you can still write some words in the dutch language.;)
I think you will do just fine in a dutch competition because the level in de US is much higher then in Holland. There are competitions comming up in the next few months and i will post some pictures of those competitions so you can see for yourself.

Nice to have you here!!;)

DAUGTHEROFGOD
05-29-2008, 04:00 PM
MR. SIOUX, I SEEN SOME PICS OF THE WOMEN POSING LIKE U.S.A FEMALE BODYBUILDERS. AND THE GIRL OVER SEA DO POSE IN HIGH HEELS OVER THERE ALSO. I THINK IT'S NOT RIGHT:( YET THAT'S JUST ME:)

MsGuns
06-02-2008, 06:55 AM
R u coming to Houston?