PDA

View Full Version : Athena Siganakis, Me, & John Hawley / Radio Interview Now Posted

Siouxcountry
01-01-2009, 12:32 AM
He'll post a link to the podcast in a hour or two.

Athena was a great guest. She and John have some wonderful news for you female bodybuilders and fans!

It was nice talking to you both this evening. :popcorn:

You both contribute so much here and have my respect! :respect:

Hope you all enjoy the show. :)

Happy New Year!

NYCStrongFox
01-01-2009, 12:37 AM
Awesome. Looking forward to hearing it!

Shelly
01-01-2009, 12:38 AM
:awesome::awesome:

Siouxcountry
01-01-2009, 12:45 AM
Awesome. Looking forward to hearing it!

:awesome::awesome:

Hopefully I was better then the last show I was a guest on. lol

Quadrablue
01-01-2009, 01:22 AM
I'm replaying the interview in my head. OMG!! I'm such a gong show lol :nuts:

Siouxcountry
01-01-2009, 02:29 AM
I'm replaying the interview in my head. OMG!! I'm such a gong show lol :nuts:

lol It's going to be weird to listen to my own voice. :p

Musclepapa John
01-01-2009, 02:34 AM
It was terrific to be in such good company on New Years' Eve in conversation with you Athena & Sioux on the phone and with the rest of the tribe here at Siouxcountry.com

Here is a direct link to the 60 minute conversation that I'll break up for radio over the course of two weeks.

It may take a few minutes for many to open as it is a 50 meg file :)
I know I'm spoiled with the broadband, which is as important to me as electricity.

http://media.libsyn.com/media/pijoehawley/AthenaSiouxcountry123108.mp3

I look forward in the coming year to facilitating Athena and many other bodybuilding ladies launch their own radio show. Big props to Tim Gardner for thinking of it and Siouxcountry for being the forum base of it all.

Happy New Year everyone :awesome:

Siouxcountry
01-01-2009, 02:48 AM
lol I need to be louder. :D

Musclepapa John
01-01-2009, 02:55 AM
lol I need to be louder. :D

For my rudimentary technology (skype & Mac's Garage Band) I should have encouraged you to speak louder. We can improve that in future shows:)

Siouxcountry
01-01-2009, 03:43 AM
For my rudimentary technology (skype & Mac's Garage Band) I should have encouraged you to speak louder. We can improve that in future shows:)

Athena did great! :)

Siouxcountry
01-01-2009, 04:04 AM
I'm looking forward to the new radio show. I think it has big potential! :awesome:

anglicanbeachparty
01-01-2009, 04:05 AM
Good jorb!

I liked the part at the end about Sioux's avatar.

(Fortunately, it does not have that effect on me -- only clowns, mimes, and Betty Boop produce that effect in my case.)

Siouxcountry
01-01-2009, 04:13 AM
lol John I had no idea it was going to be an hour show when you first contacted me! :D

Musclepapa John
01-01-2009, 01:05 PM
lol John I had no idea it was going to be an hour show when you first contacted me! :D

Time goes by pretty quick:)

In facilitating this ladies bodybuilding radio show along with you, my thought (as a Roger Ailes sort behind Rush and then Fox News lol) is for the ladies to be able to rotate co-hosting opportunities both pros and amateurs including those who have been recent guests and others including Lori, Melody, Maryann, Belle, Athena, and more.
It will take some time and effort to accommodate everyone's schedules, but with your network and support maybe we can have it off and running by that Feb 4th Siouxcountry.com 1st anniversary:D

Claudine
01-01-2009, 02:24 PM
I am listening to it right now...

Congratulations to Athena!!! :)
And to you, Sioux... The Enigmatic Man :)

:bowdown:

Siouxcountry
01-01-2009, 04:11 PM
Time goes by pretty quick:)

In facilitating this ladies bodybuilding radio show along with you, my thought (as a Roger Ailes sort behind Rush and then Fox News lol) is for the ladies to be able to rotate co-hosting opportunities both pros and amateurs including those who have been recent guests and others including Lori, Melody, Maryann, Belle, Athena, and more.
It will take some time and effort to accommodate everyone's schedules, but with your network and support maybe we can have it off and running by that Feb 4th Siouxcountry.com 1st anniversary:D

Will this be weekly or bi-weekly?

All the women you mention would do well if given time to prepare.

I see no reason why we all can't make this a hit.

I can see current winners as well as past greats on as guests of this show.

Shall be interesting. :popcorn:

Siouxcountry
01-01-2009, 04:13 PM
And to you, Sioux... The Enigmatic Man :)

:bowdown:

lol I'm sorry I don't have much of a radio personality. :D

NYCStrongFox
01-01-2009, 04:52 PM
Listening to it now. :popcorn:

lil mama
01-01-2009, 05:03 PM
That was great Sioux, Athena and John. I listen to it early this morn @5:45....just loved Athena she so adorable;) her voice makes me feel at ease guess it's her tone of voice:angel:

Musclepapa John
01-01-2009, 05:07 PM
Will this be weekly or bi-weekly?
All the women you mention would do well if given time to prepare.
I see no reason why we all can't make this a hit.
I can see current winners as well as past greats on as guests of this show.
Shall be interesting. :popcorn:

Brainstorming:

There are certainly enough ladies to make it weekly:D
It can be a bit of a pain for them to have to worry or fret over any more prep than they already do:p Yet, my thought was those who have already done it can rotate in co-hosting interviewing other ladies and talking about competitions. And constantly rotate more of these ladies then into the cohosting spots.
For instance if they would cohost with another lady once a month that would be say 8 cohosts each month interviewing others that could likewise be added to the cohosting list if they like:D There could be roundtable conferences with half a dozen or more of the ladies on air at once discussing whatever they saw fit.

They can have basic introductory biographical sorts of Q&A for guests, highlight their own experiences and follow the competition schedule through the season.

They can do it as a public service or generate advertising for it or themselves. I'm willing to generate a separate website for them or it can be launched from Siouxcountry and some of mysites that I'd happily promote their efforts from anyhow.

Musclepapa John
01-01-2009, 05:11 PM
Listening to it now. :popcorn:
You gonna be a co-host also right Melody:)?

Musclepapa John
01-01-2009, 05:12 PM
That was great Sioux, Athena and John. I listen to it early this morn @5:45....just loved Athena she so adorable;) her voice makes me feel at ease guess it's her tone of voice:angel:

Gots to get you and Claudine on air:D

Siouxcountry
01-01-2009, 05:18 PM

Agreed. She'd make a great host. :)

Siouxcountry
01-01-2009, 05:26 PM
Brainstorming:

There are certainly enough ladies to make it weekly:D
It can be a bit of a pain for them to have to worry or fret over any more prep than they already do:p Yet, my thought was those who have already done it can rotate in co-hosting interviewing other ladies and talking about competitions. And constantly rotate more of these ladies then into the cohosting spots.
For instance if they would cohost with another lady once a month that would be say 8 cohosts each month interviewing others that could likewise be added to the cohosting list if they like:D There could be roundtable conferences with half a dozen or more of the ladies on air at once discussing whatever they saw fit.

They can have basic introductory biographical sorts of Q&A for guests, highlight their own experiences and follow the competition schedule through the season.

They can do it as a public service or generate advertising for it or themselves. I'm willing to generate a separate website for them or it can be launched from Siouxcountry and some of mysites that I'd happily promote their efforts from anyhow.

I don't think their should be to many guests at one time. It is difficult to listen to a bunch of people on radio as many end up chatting at the same time. :D

How about you set up two hosts for the first show and one guest and see how it goes.

Come up with a clever name for this radio show.

Siouxcountry
01-01-2009, 05:31 PM
I'd be happy to give away the current "Candidates" forum to this future radio show in mid February.

I think you John should email me a link to the podcast. I listen to it and start a thread on it. I can make the thread more entertaining with pics of the hosts and guests.

Musclepapa John
01-01-2009, 05:35 PM
I don't think their should be to many guests at one time. It is difficult to listen to a bunch of people on radio as many end up chatting at the same time. :D
How about you set up two hosts for the first show and one guest and see how it goes.
Come up with a clever name for this radio show.

Actually I've done some conferences of that sort that were very productive for other markets, but I hear ya as you do need someone moderating and in this case we want it to be their show. Maybe the moderator would be selected via posedown. :D

Why not have the ladies decide the title as mine might engender a certain bias:)

NYCStrongFox
01-01-2009, 05:41 PM
You gonna be a co-host also right Melody:)?

For sure! Count me in :D :awesome:

Musclepapa John
01-01-2009, 05:42 PM
I'd be happy to give away the current "Candidates" forum to this future radio show in mid February.
I think you John should email me a link to the podcast. I listen to it and start a thread on it. I can make the thread more entertaining with pics of the hosts and guests.

Terrific idea!:awesome:

Siouxcountry
01-01-2009, 05:42 PM
Actually I've done some conferences of that sort that were very productive for other markets, but I hear ya as you do need someone moderating and in this case we want it to be their show. Maybe the moderator would be selected via posedown. :D

Why not have the ladies decide the title as mine might engender a certain bias:)

Thats fine. :)

The title should be short so we can have a banner.

A banner will be placed in each thread.

300 pixel width banner for the forum.

150 pixel width banner for the right side of our board.

The banners will link to the forum.

Musclepapa John
01-01-2009, 05:47 PM
For sure! Count me in :D :awesome:

Cool!
Would you like to start one evening after working out next week with Athena or Lori Steele both of whom have agreed to cohost?

Musclepapa John
01-01-2009, 05:59 PM
Thats fine. :)
The title should be short so we can have a banner.
A banner will be placed in each thread.
300 pixel width banner for the forum.
150 pixel width banner for the right side of our board.
The banners will link to the forum.

I'm having a hard time coming up with the name as I always look for something available in WHOIS @ networksolutions.com and those taken that I've considered include muscleladies.com, musclemama.com, musclemamas.com,...and others,....

How about Posedown Women or Posedown Girls as the .com's are currently available:)

Siouxcountry
01-01-2009, 06:05 PM
I'm having a hard time coming up with the name as I always look for something available in WHOIS @ networksolutions.com and those taken that I've considered include muscleladies.com, musclemama.com, musclemamas.com,...and others,....

How about Posedown Women or Posedown Girls as the .com's are currently available:)

I don't like those names. Keep thinking. :D

lil mama
01-01-2009, 06:16 PM

how about... Female Warrior ?:D

Musclepapa John
01-01-2009, 06:17 PM
easy for you to say:D

Siouxcountry
01-01-2009, 06:24 PM

Nah, keep thinking. :D

Musclepapa John
01-01-2009, 06:31 PM

(I like it and think Sioux should have to to come up with something:D)

How about Siouxcountry Radio:)

NYCStrongFox
01-01-2009, 06:35 PM
Cool!
Would you like to start one evening after working out next week with Athena or Lori Steele both of whom have agreed to cohost?

Sure! Let me know :D Thanks!

Siouxcountry
01-01-2009, 06:59 PM
How about Siouxcountry Radio:)

:bowdown: :D

Musclepapa John
01-01-2009, 07:17 PM
:bowdown: :D

Marketing genius:)

Quadrablue
01-01-2009, 09:06 PM

B you always know just the right things to say. :kiss:

Quadrablue
01-01-2009, 09:10 PM
Cool!

Yep I'm in.

And we need to remember time differences ;)

Musclepapa John
01-01-2009, 10:38 PM
Yep I'm in.
And we need to remember time differences ;)

You and Melody want to have a go chatting/interviewing Diana and doing your own thangs next week?

Quadrablue
01-01-2009, 10:43 PM
You and Melody want to have a go chatting/interviewing Diana and doing your own thangs next week?

I'll email Melody and see what she thinks?

I will admit I'm a complete dunce in regards to technology so someone will have to talk to me like I'm an idiot til I understand what I'm doing lol You may even have to talk to Andy(the smarter half) and he can explain it to me in language he knows I will understand lol

Musclepapa John
01-01-2009, 11:03 PM
I'll email Melody and see what she thinks?
I will admit I'm a complete dunce in regards to technology so someone will have to talk to me like I'm an idiot til I understand what I'm doing lol You may even have to talk to Andy(the smarter half) and he can explain it to me in language he knows I will understand lol

Don't make it more difficult than it needs to be ladies.
1)If you ladies can schedule the recording times in the evening after training (start time for me as late as 11pm EST) that would be great for me. Some East Coast ladies may want to do it earlier, which for the Pacific coast of course would be earlier. So you guys can compromise or co-host together from the same time zones even.
2)Have a general outline of typical questions to ask. I can give you some simple stuff. These are just useful guides during your conversations.
3)Make sure to know a bit about your guest or the contest, or whatever you are planning to discuss.
4)At the appointed time I conference you ladies together and you let it rip.
5)At the end of the appointed time you wrap it up and I'll put some intro and outro music on it, upload it to the server and you are done you radio talk show hostesses you:respect::popcorn:

Quadrablue
01-01-2009, 11:18 PM
Don't make it more difficult than it needs to be ladies.
1)If you ladies can schedule the recording times in the evening after training (start time for me as late as 11pm EST) that would be great for me. Some East Coast ladies may want to do it earlier, which for the Pacific coast of course would be earlier. So you guys can compromise or co-host together from the same time zones even.
2)Have a general outline of typical questions to ask. I can give you some simple stuff. These are just useful guides during your conversations.
3)Make sure to know a bit about your guest or the contest, or whatever you are planning to discuss.
4)At the appointed time I conference you ladies together and you let it rip.
5)At the end of the appointed time you wrap it up and I'll put some intro and outro music on it, upload it to the server and you are done you radio talk show hostesses you:respect::popcorn:

That I can handle. Phew!!

Musclepapa John
01-01-2009, 11:28 PM
That I can handle. Phew!!

lol, of course, no need to over think it:D
You ladies are all shiny stars and we just want to hear what you have to say and feel the twinkle in our ear:bowdown::respect:

You ladies could load up the forum section with special photo content to go with each show, which would make this one of the most interesting and unique projects in the industry, hehe.

Musclepapa John
01-02-2009, 12:51 AM
I spoke with Diana Tinnelle Stanback this evening and she is ready for Athena and Melody to interview her next Wed., Jan. 7th at 10pm Melody time/8pm her time/7pm Athena time:D
Can we manage that ladies for what I guess would be the first edition of SiouxCountry Radio:p

Quadrablue
01-02-2009, 01:17 AM
I spoke with Diana Tinnelle Stanback this evening and she is ready for Athena and Melody to interview her next Wed., Jan. 7th at 10pm Melody time/8pm her time/7pm Athena time:D
Can we manage that ladies for what I guess would be the first edition of SiouxCountry Radio:p

Yep absolutely.