PDA

View Full Version : I have 4lbs of Ground DEER meat...

AirHarp
01-03-2009, 11:58 PM
1lb I will make burgers w/ egg whites of course.
1lb I will make Chili

I am taking suggests on the last two.

Remember I am NOT a chef. So
Keep
It
Simple
Stupid

:p

Quadrablue
01-04-2009, 06:13 AM
Meatloaf?

I would kill for some deer right now. That is some tasty red meat. Yummy. Ok now I'm hungry again....and just when the hunger had passed. :banghead: Way to go AH!!!

Quadrablue
01-04-2009, 06:15 AM
I found this...

Deer Spaghetti
- 2lb. Deer meat, cubed
- 2 tbsp. Shortening
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 C. tomatoes
- 4 1C. tomato paste
- salt and pepper
- tsp. sugar
- 2 large green peppers, cubed spaghetti
Put shortening in a heavy pot. Brown the deer. Add garlic, onion and green pepper and fry for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, salt and pepper, sugar, and simmer at a very low temperature, for 3 hours. Serve with spaghetti and grated Parmesan cheese. Serve 8.

Quadrablue
01-04-2009, 06:16 AM
Venison and Rice
- Lard or suet
- 2 pounds ground venison
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups celery, diced
- 2 cups onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 1 can chicken and rice soup
- 1 cup uncooked rice
Melt lard or suet in large fry pan. Add venison, salt, pepper, celery, onion and green pepper and cook until brown. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over meat and vegetables. Simmer for 1 hour at 300 degrees F.

AirHarp
01-04-2009, 03:57 PM
Meatloaf?

I would kill for some deer right now. That is some tasty red meat. Yummy. Ok now I'm hungry again....and just when the hunger had passed. :banghead: Way to go AH!!!

I have never understood people's fansination w/ meatloaf.
Its just a BIG @$$ hamburger! Whoop-dee-doo!

This is my first time having deer meat so I want to get it right. This guy from my cigar shop gave it to me.
Am I lucky or what!?

Sorry Quadra for making you hungry.
:p

AirHarp
01-04-2009, 04:01 PM
I found this...

Deer Spaghetti
- 2lb. Deer meat, cubed
- 2 tbsp. Shortening
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 C. tomatoes
- 4 1C. tomato paste
- salt and pepper
- tsp. sugar
- 2 large green peppers, cubed spaghetti
Put shortening in a heavy pot. Brown the deer. Add garlic, onion and green pepper and fry for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, salt and pepper, sugar, and simmer at a very low temperature, for 3 hours. Serve with spaghetti and grated Parmesan cheese. Serve 8.

I haven't made "gettie" in years!

Thank you Quads

fluteangel
01-04-2009, 10:40 PM
You could make a pizza (whole grain crust, goat cheese, whatever), grill your meat and top the pizza with it.

You could also put it in a fritatta. (aka Giant omlette you don't flip, but put under the broiler)

My husband looooves meatballs - bet those would make some tasty ones.

kelbelblue
01-05-2009, 01:51 AM
venison spaghetti is unbelievable! that and the chili and the burgers and you are set buddy.

Ann Caliri
01-10-2009, 02:20 AM
Ohhh, there is nothing in this world like a deer burger! It's been years since I had one. I used to mix egg whites and cracker crumbs in mine with a little garlic powder and pepper. OMG that's some good groceries!

Did you grind your own? I ran into a couple of the commercial grinders where I live that would automatically mix it with beef unless you asked them not to because the deer was "too lean" by itself. Crazy people. :nuts:

airbrush tans
01-20-2009, 04:51 PM
without any fat added, it can be hard to cook.
deer cannot be over cooked. if you like a big thick burger, you will just burn the outside and raw in middle. not good

ive been a bow hunter for some time now.

redhead75
01-20-2009, 10:20 PM
Brown the meat and then put low carb ketchup in it :D Mmmm....Indiana sloppy joes.

Deer meat is not that easy to make patties out of...just a warning;)