PDA

View Full Version : Wisecrack from my daughter.

anglicanbeachparty
03-25-2008, 01:39 PM
As some of you know, I will be entering a bodybuilding contest this summer. It will be here in Detroit, and IslandGirl and her husband are prepping me for it.

So ... I am always going around the house, complaining about the fact that (due to years of not lifting heavy enough) I don't really have enough muscle mass to "look like a bodybuilder."

My son takes a sympathetic approach: Dad, you look great! You shouldn't be so hard on yourself.

But my "wisenheimer" daughter takes a different tack: Well, Dad, you could always enter the Men's Figure division! :rolf:

KMS
03-25-2008, 01:53 PM
That's good. Love her sense of humor

ibarramedia
03-25-2008, 08:09 PM
Ha, Men's figure. Is there such a thing? Or is it just a joke? ;)

Shelly
03-25-2008, 08:23 PM
haaaa

so you are really prepping?? How is it going?

IslandGirl
03-25-2008, 08:47 PM
Ha, Men's figure. Is there such a thing? Or is it just a joke? ;)

No, there is such thing as Men's Fitness.:D

LOL Paul. Your daughter is adorable!

anglicanbeachparty
03-25-2008, 10:14 PM
haaaa

so you are really prepping?? How is it going?

It's going pretty well, I believe ... but you'll have to ask my coaches to get a realistic answer ... :flex:

Shelly
03-26-2008, 12:35 AM
It's going pretty well, I believe ... but you'll have to ask my coaches to get a realistic answer ... :flex:

cmon paul lets see some pics!!!!!!!!!!!:awesome:

anglicanbeachparty
03-26-2008, 12:48 AM

Well, you are brave to ask that, but I think I'd better wait a bit ... I am still 16 weeks out ... and very untanned. :eek:

Mightymouse
03-26-2008, 01:47 AM
Thats is so awesome best of luck Paul. We are all rooting for you.

And your daughter, priceless. :D

scottnva
03-26-2008, 01:52 AM
Well, you are brave to ask that, but I think I'd better wait a bit ... I am still 16 weeks out ... and very untanned. :eek:

what the chances of cbdetroit doing one with ya in the future :p

anglicanbeachparty
03-26-2008, 02:23 AM
what the chances of cbdetroit doing one with ya in the future :p

It's not impossible. He always talks like he's way out of shape, but he doesn't look that bad to me. As a matter of fact, he called and left a voice mail for me tonight, telling me what he was eating, and it sounded like he is getting serious about his diet.

Onliest thing about that is, though, CB likes to keep things on the down-low, so he would have to appear onstage in one of those Lucha Libre masks ... and I'm not sure that the NPC would allow that. :D

anglicanbeachparty
03-26-2008, 02:24 AM
Thats is so awesome best of luck Paul. We are all rooting for you.

And your daughter, priceless. :D

Thank you so much, Claire!

ibarramedia
03-26-2008, 03:30 AM
It's not impossible. He always talks like he's way out of shape, but he doesn't look that bad to me. As a matter of fact, he called and left a voice mail for me tonight, telling me what he was eating, and it sounded like he is getting serious about his diet.

Onliest thing about that is, though, CB likes to keep things on the down-low, so he would have to appear onstage in one of those Lucha Libre masks ... and I'm not sure that the NPC would allow that. :D

Oh gosh. I could see him in one of those Schmiddy er Vas Blue Mask.

nabba65pp
03-29-2008, 12:30 PM
The NABBA has a men's athletic division, which seems to be growing in popularity.

anglicanbeachparty
04-18-2008, 05:17 PM

Here is just a "teaser" photo from last week (14 weeks out). I think I have made a good amount of progress in just a week since then, too.

http://pics.livejournal.com/detroitfather/pic/001k51x1