PDA

View Full Version : Webcam 101

Alli
01-26-2009, 01:56 PM
Alrighty ladies...:)

I have now gotten over a dozen pms asking questions about webcam....lol. Rather then have to take the time to respond individually to every single one, I thought starting a thread would be a much easier method. A Webcam 101 if you will, or a webcam Q&A and since other ladies who post here cam as well I'm sure they can chime in.

Basically I want those who are considering webcam or those who have questions about it to ask away... anything goes. We all know I'm unabashed when it comes to discussing things so feel free to ask me whatever whenever pertinent to camming....

I've gotten everything from what cam do I use to what internet connection to what sites I work for to what to expect from the people on cam....

so anything everything goes... if you got webcam questions, HIT ME LADIES!

xoxoxo

scottnva
01-26-2009, 02:20 PM
If anyone has a fear of what the judges think consider this Sheila, Bleck, Elena Seiple, Rita Rae, and Athena Siganakis all do webcam and what do they all have in common.....won Pro cards within the last year! :cool:

Alli
01-26-2009, 04:59 PM
If anyone has a fear of what the judges think consider this Sheila, Bleck, Elena Seiple, Rita Rae, and Athena Siganakis all do webcam and what do they all have in common.....won Pro cards within the last year! :cool:

Really good point Scott!!!

I don't know if all the girls are concerned necessarily just with what the judges will think but with what goes on during a chat, what the people who come to cam sites expect from the girls etc..... least that was my concern prior to camming...

dallas3
01-26-2009, 05:03 PM
Ladies, Alli knows what she's talking about and will pull no punches in giving you the info needed. Good point by Scott too in regards to those who do webcam and pro cards.

kelbelblue
01-26-2009, 05:08 PM
well i'm just generally curious. what do you do, just talk to people? about what? fitness? are these guys or girls or both? do they pay you?

MsGuns
01-26-2009, 05:24 PM
your private life has nothin to do w/ your stage time...

Siouxcountry
01-26-2009, 05:35 PM
your private life has nothin to do w/ your stage time...

Agreed.

debbiebramwell
01-26-2009, 05:49 PM
I want to chime in here as I was one of the first girls to do webcam on ftvideo then on hb....I have been doing cam for over 4 years now....it has changed alot since I started.....I want the new girls to know you do NOT have to resort to what some of these girls are doing now.....my chat has always been cleancut and I have remained grounded in who I am......I have seen and heard alot of what has been going on in the cams and to be honest it does disappoint me but as long as you are following your heart and do what is natural for YOU and you are comfortable in your skin then thats what matters.....there are still fans out there who appreciate a fit muscular physique and who love to chat to someone who is positive and upbeat etc ...it is what you make it!.....if anyone has any questions they want to ask me then Ill be more then happy to share what I know about cam as well.... :D

MsGuns
01-26-2009, 07:21 PM
I want to chime in here as I was one of the first girls to do webcam on ftvideo then on hb....I have been doing cam for over 4 years now....it has changed alot since I started.....I want the new girls to know you do NOT have to resort to what some of these girls are doing now.....my chat has always been cleancut and I have remained grounded in who I am......I have seen and heard alot of what has been going on in the cams and to be honest it does disappoint me but as long as you are following your heart and do what is natural for YOU and you are comfortable in your skin then thats what matters.....there are still fans out there who appreciate a fit muscular physique and who love to chat to someone who is positive and upbeat etc ...it is what you make it!.....if anyone has any questions they want to ask me then Ill be more then happy to share what I know about cam as well.... :D

If my hm computer was working I would still be doing it...

Bernie
01-26-2009, 08:29 PM
quick note:

if you see the screenname Bernie pop up.....ban him as fast as you can.

have a nice day

Alli
01-26-2009, 08:36 PM
well i'm just generally curious. what do you do, just talk to people? about what? fitness? are these guys or girls or both? do they pay you?

It's most DEFINITELY paid..... by the minute. I pretty much do it as my main source of income now.

Alli
01-26-2009, 08:38 PM

Debbie's right in saying doing what's comfortable for you is what's important.... just as with any other area of life there are positive and negative people, cam is no different. There are people who will come into your chat and be negative and deragatory but in all honesty for every one of those I get in my chat, I get 10 admiring fans who really want to talk about my training, want to see and compliment my physique, and are obviously willing to pay for it...

wildangel
01-26-2009, 11:08 PM
I agree, what people do in the cam rooms is their personal choice, its not who they are on stage. You do what you feel comfortable with, I have been doing cams on and off for 5 yrs now, its a great way to meet fans, because when we compete we cant always meet others who are there to support us. I have fun with male and females on cam, I have met so many nice peeps out there!

Great way to interact with fans:::awesome:

picsman
01-26-2009, 11:17 PM
Just an observation....maybe it's because it's a fairly new thread...but....there have at this time been 116 view....and 13 posts...of which ONLY ONE seemed to be inquiring about anything.....
I think what most are missing is that no matter what anyone says...there is currently a stigma attached to webcam work...even though some may be completely innocent communication....I think this is evident by the responses...who actually responded....98% of people who do webcams...and NOT the intended audience....

There are some things people just don't want to talk about in the open...like I said...even though it may be completely "innocent".....that's always been a problem with open msg boards....there is a solution to this situation...but it involves a little admin work...

MsGuns
01-26-2009, 11:32 PM
Just an observation....maybe it's because it's a fairly new thread...but....there have at this time been 116 view....and 13 posts...of which ONLY ONE seemed to be inquiring about anything.....
I think what most are missing is that no matter what anyone says...there is currently a stigma attached to webcam work...even though some may be completely innocent communication....I think this is evident by the responses...who actually responded....98% of people who do webcams...and NOT the intended audience....

There are some things people just don't want to talk about in the open...like I said...even though it may be completely "innocent".....that's always been a problem with open msg boards....there is a solution to this situation...but it involves a little admin work...

This is the 2nd thread on this...I guess it stemmed from the LATE night radio show. I dont know why it keeps coming up.

Alli
01-26-2009, 11:54 PM
I agree, what people do in the cam rooms is their personal choice, its not who they are on stage. You do what you feel comfortable with, I have been doing cams on and off for 5 yrs now, its a great way to meet fans, because when we compete we cant always meet others who are there to support us. I have fun with male and females on cam, I have met so many nice peeps out there!

Great way to interact with fans:::awesome:

I see you on shemuscle all the time Vikki!!! GORGEOUS physique! And i agree, male and female its a great way to meet and interact with fans and others who appreciate female muscle!

Alli
01-27-2009, 12:03 AM

Its a good observation, and EXACTLY why I wanted to start this thread, or at least attempt to generate some conversation about it. There have been threads about webcam before yes, but they've mostly been "do you disagree or agree with webcamming". I wanted this to be a place where girls could ask whatever they wanted- literally be like "i've always wanted to know_________ (fill in the blank). I've gotten A LOT of pms about webcam and I feel that not only is this more time efficient for me but it's also a good place to publicly answer questions other girls may be wondering as well.

I understand there have been other threads I just felt perhaps this would be a good place to answer any and all questions girls may have....

:)

KP DIVA
01-27-2009, 12:27 AM
OK, so what stipulates one on one or chat room. For instance, if you're in a chatroom and someone wants to do one on one how do you go about doing that? Does it go by appt. only?

kelbelblue
01-27-2009, 12:40 AM
Its a good observation, and EXACTLY why I wanted to start this thread, or at least attempt to generate some conversation about it. There have been threads about webcam before yes, but they've mostly been "do you disagree or agree with webcamming". I wanted this to be a place where girls could ask whatever they wanted- literally be like "i've always wanted to know_________ (fill in the blank). I've gotten A LOT of pms about webcam and I feel that not only is this more time efficient for me but it's also a good place to publicly answer questions other girls may be wondering as well.

I understand there have been other threads I just felt perhaps this would be a good place to answer any and all questions girls may have....

:)

that is great and i respect that, but you only answered one of my four, i think, questions. and that was the one about the money. so that led me to believe it is something that is not openly talked about like you stated.

i still have no idea what you do on your webcam and what you talk about and who you talk to. so if that is something you don't want to discuss, i respect that. otherwise, i really am curious. not judging in any way. what you do in your home is your business. you opened this up for discussion though so i asked. you however did not answer, making me feel like i should not have asked.

Quadrablue
01-27-2009, 01:43 AM
You talk about whatever they want to talk about. It can range from training/diet to religion to absolute nonsense. In the 2yrs I've done it I've only had 2 or 3 bad apples. I love my guests! They are our fans and they have helped me afford to do what I do best...compete! Once you go into private chat (that's the paid chat) it's up to you how far you want to take it. Some sites, like HB, have rules you have to follow. And your private chats are monitored there as well to make sure you are not breaking those rules. But it is completely up to you in regards to your body. No one is judging anyone here. We all have our limits. So don't feel you have to do something because so and so is doing it.

fbbhubby
01-27-2009, 03:10 AM
Without getting into someone's actual takehome, what is the average monthly money taken home by the model? How much does it differ if nudity is involved or not involved? What are some ballpark numbers? :confused:

4evrstroud
01-27-2009, 03:21 AM
Are these private sites set up so an individual can pay you per chat etc.?
I've heard in the past that camming was more flexing/posing for one through private chat, is this correct as well?

Since it was brought up that camming doesn't affect stage time, it would still make me skeptical, but if everyone would chime in or have positive feedback, I think more people might think about doing it..

Just tryin to think of things that other people are probably wondering as well :)
Thanks everyone!

Quadrablue
01-27-2009, 04:14 AM
Are these private sites set up so an individual can pay you per chat etc.?
I've heard in the past that camming was more flexing/posing for one through private chat, is this correct as well?

Since it was brought up that camming doesn't affect stage time, it would still make me skeptical, but if everyone would chime in or have positive feedback, I think more people might think about doing it..

Just tryin to think of things that other people are probably wondering as well :)
Thanks everyone!

There is a free chat where you can interact with all your guests. You only talk to them there. They will ask for freebies and it's fine to give them a taste but you want them to go pvt with you. That's how you make $

Bernie
01-27-2009, 04:43 AM
the system i am most familiar with is the Herbicepscam.

there it is pretty much a tiered system. the first tier is the free room. in free chat, the performer sits and interacts with the people in the room. at this time there is no money being exchanged. thus being called free. :D this area was originally set up for the performer to discuss with the patrons what she is willing to do in pay. but it has evolved into an open chat room...or basically whatever the performer allows it to be. on HB, the performer can send a private message to any person in the room to discuss options or whatever. i have been in free chats where the performer basically sits there and waits for someone to go private. but the ones i am more willing to go back into are the rooms where the performer is more interactive with the potential clients. some performers will give "freebies" to entice privates, some will redirect to any profile pictures they have availible. in free the patrons are also allowed to tip the performer. what you do for a tip is totally up to you. basically as a performer, your free room is your domain. you control it by how you interact, by how you present yourself. by what you allow to take place. performers can boot or ban any member in their room at any time, for whatever reason. it is their room, it is theirs to run as they wish.

ok, premium chat. that is the second tier. this is where you start making money. based on pictures, previous experiences, interaction in free, what have you. a patron of the site has decided to take you into the premium chat. you can set your prices, premium is generally anywhere from $3.99-$5.99 per minute. this is where the posing, and what have you comes into play. some guys go in just to chat away, in a more private arena. some go in to see to you flex, do feats of strength, etc. etc. commonly asked feats would be, push ups, bending rebar, bicep curls, lifting chairs, sit ups, whatever you are willing and/or able to do. mind you at HBcam, premium chat is clothed. i.e. nipples covered, and bottomless is never acceptable at HB. in premium chat multiple members can join, in two different ways. either as a premium payee, or if there is already a full paying premium patron, they can enter as a voyuer. voyuer's pay basically half the price of the premium guy, but are unable to communicate with the performer in any way. they can see and hear everything, just cant see or interact with the chat.

some performers will put themselves in premium to start. its a bit of a double edged sword. on one hand, if you dont want to bother with the sometimes tideous free, you dont have too. but, on the other hand, guys have to enter totally blind. they dont know what you are wearing, dont know how you look on that day, and many wont take that chance. additionally, someone cannot come in as a voyuer until someone initiates premium chat with you.

ok, next tier. fantasy. fantasy is generally more expensive then premium. you have the freedom to set your price here as well. fantasy is generally known as the first level of topless posing at HB. like premium multiple users can come in, and voyuers are allowed. but the upgrade here is, if the patron has a webcam or mic of thier own, they can link up. you can see and/or here the guy on the other side.

the next and last level at HB is one on one. which is just as it states, one on one. only one person can enter this room, the person who iniates it. no add-ons no voyuers. and just as in fantasy, if the patron has a cam or a mic, they can link it up so you can see/hear them.

i dont know the rest of the details, what you make, how you get paid, the tier systems on the other host sites. but i hope this helps some.

the key with webcamming, is you have to make it your own experience. you go in with what you are willing to do. what boundries you are willing to push, and stick to your guns. let it be known up front whether or not you will be offering topless chat. let it be known up front what you are willing to do to a sexual nature. mainly, be true to yourself.

i have made some very strong friendships with webcam performers. women who do topless, who dont do topless, who do all sorts of crazy stuff, who stick to posing in a posing suit. you can sit on cam in free for hours on end one day, then turn around and be in one on one the entire time you are on the next day.

and you never know what you are going to be asked next.

if you have any questions you want to ask me, from a members perspective feel free to ask. i know all the ladies who have posted above are veteren cammers, and know what thy are doing. additionally there is a herbicepscam section on this forum. Jen "The Beast" Cowan is awesome, knowledgable, and there for you girls. im sure the site owners are more then willing to field any and all inquiries as well.

its one of those things, cams are not for everyone. i have known many performers who have come and gone. i also know some that enjoy, and even look forward to the time they spend on cam. it is basically all what you want to make it. if you treat solely as a means to an end, thats what it will be. if you go in wanting to have a lil fun, thats what you will get out of it. im not going to gaurantee you are going to make millions of dollars off of it. but it makes a decent supplemental income for many, and for others a good primary income even.

anyway. thats enough from me, for now.

peace out....

Bernie
01-27-2009, 04:45 AM
oh and just to add. the performer does have the choice to either accept or deny premium requests, and any upgrades from other paid sections. i.e. going from premium to either fantasy or one on one. or going from fantasy to one on one.

jasons805
01-27-2009, 04:50 AM
I don't really go to webcam sites much, but have had some experience with it. The biggest complaints I have seen are when guys don't take no for an answer. They just keep asking for the some stupid shit you said no to a few times before. Not sure if this was made clear, but you can go private with more than one person at a time. That is cheaper for the guest, but the preformer can make a lot more. There is one on one, and that does cost more for the guest. Alot set those up through email, and try to workout a good time. But for the most part it is sorta like a chatroom, and your guests can see you on cam. There is a chat box where they and you can see who is all in there.(alot like old aol chatrooms) Again it's all up to you for the most part as to what you do there are some really nice people, and it can really be worth the time. Some can get frustrated with a few bad apples and sometimes tech problems can make it a pain, but all and all a great way to make some extra cash.

debbiebramwell
01-27-2009, 04:51 AM
that is great and i respect that, but you only answered one of my four, i think, questions. and that was the one about the money. so that led me to believe it is something that is not openly talked about like you stated.

i still have no idea what you do on your webcam and what you talk about and who you talk to. so if that is something you don't want to discuss, i respect that. otherwise, i really am curious. not judging in any way. what you do in your home is your business. you opened this up for discussion though so i asked. you however did not answer, making me feel like i should not have asked.

You turn on your cam and start up in free chat until someone wants to take you private..the cam in free chat is set where they can only see my face...when someone takes you private then all of the other fans are kicked out of free are and the person in privates picture gets big! What 2 people talk about varied from different fans to different performers....I personally do not engage in any sexual talk but that does go on in other chats...I personally pose as if I am on stage(the fan will tell you what they like)Some like to see strength feats, I have had some like to see me in different outfits, see me dance ....but others do want to see sexual things...thats why I wanted to come here and be open and tell the girls that you do not have to do that to make money because I dont...however if you want to make that money then its your choice to do what you wish....the girls do charge more for nudity and fantasy chats...fans will pay more for one on one with me if they dont want others to come in on our time..........I have had to tell many people NO to the things they have asked......if it wasnt mostly positive and there werent mostly neat fans then I wouldnt still be doing it....if there are fans who just are rude etc then there is a ban or kick button so you dont have to deal with them.....everyones cam is so different it is really up to the performer...........I make most of my money chatting...I am very positive upbeat person so sometimes these guys want a cool person they admire to talk too.....hope that helps....:D

HDPhysiques-Joe
01-27-2009, 05:08 AM
The biggest problem I see with webcam is that many customers now record the performers "show" while it's going on "live" for their own personal collection. Some use software, others go the old fashioned route and videotape their computer monitor with a camcorder. Either way, I consider that a violation of the "assumed" privacy and trust that the performer is SUPPOSED to have with her customer in these one on one chats. This can lead to embarassing situations for the performer if the customer then posts the performance on youtube, dailymotion, or some other video sharing site. So the bottom line is, the performer no longer has the freedom to do things one on one under the assumption of privacy, because there's no guarantee that it is really going to be one on one anymore. Even if it's just flexing and "sexy talk" and not nudity, it can still cause the performer to have a potentially embarrassing situation at work or with family if someone googles you and pulls it up on youtube or something. Definitely something to keep in mind.

KP DIVA
01-27-2009, 05:14 AM
The biggest problem I see with webcam is that many customers now record the performers "show" while it's going on "live" for their own personal collection. Some use software, others go the old fashioned route and videotape their computer monitor with a camcorder. Either way, I consider that a violation of the "assumed" privacy and trust that the performer is SUPPOSED to have with her customer in these one on one chats. This can lead to embarassing situations for the performer if the customer then posts the performance on youtube, dailymotion, or some other video sharing site. So the bottom line is, the performer no longer has the freedom to do things one on one under the assumption of privacy, because there's no guarantee that it is really going to be one on one anymore. Even if it's just flexing and "sexy talk" and not nudity, it can still cause the performer to have a potentially embarrassing situation at work or with family if someone googles you and pulls it up on youtube or something. Definitely something to keep in mind.

Now that sucks!! Do that happen often? Is the site owner able to figure out exactly who posted on youtube, etc. and ban them?

HDPhysiques-Joe
01-27-2009, 05:19 AM
Now that sucks!! Do that happen often? Is the site owner able to figure out exactly who posted on youtube, etc. and ban them?

It's impossible for the site owners to adequately police it. If a performer (or a friend of a performer) sees a violation, they can email/call/request that the cam site files a copyright infringement claim with youtube, or have it taken down themselves (the cam site, that is) using the copyright infringement tool (as far as I know, only fitvixenz.com is enrolled in youtube's CVT program as far as cam sites go). But that is only a fix for youtube, not veoh, dailymotion, and the countless other video sharing sites. James Cook and Genex at FTVideo/Fitvixenz.com are VERY good about trying to get that kind of stuff pulled down when such violations occur. I wish the same could be said about other webcam sites. I pointed out an example of a webcam clip that was on youtube to another site (who shall remain nameless.... for now), just trying to do them a favor, and they ignored it and didn't care about the potential implications it had for the performer.

Bernie
01-27-2009, 05:21 AM
hd answered it

Quadrablue
01-27-2009, 05:23 AM

I think Mike is doing that as we speak:)

HDPhysiques-Joe
01-27-2009, 05:27 AM
I think Mike is doing that as we speak:)

If someone uses a different username on youtube or dailymotion than they do from their customer cam accounts, it would be very difficult to track. Impossible, in fact, b/c I'm not referring to the recorded shows. I'm referring to a manual recording by the customer at home, in which case time code and other "identifying" markers of the video could not be tracked.

jasons805
01-27-2009, 05:43 AM
It can be hard to tell where the cam video cam from. It's very easy for someone to record the video themsleves and send it to a person through AIM or email. They all look the same. But the preformer should be able to check the video and remember who was in private with them or at least have some idea. Just remember what you do in private can very easily become very public.

jbigfoot
01-27-2009, 07:17 AM
I understand some of the concerns here about the implications of camming, although my personal experience with it is limited.

A lot of the customer expectations are determined by surroundings of the webcam gateway. One of the FBBs I did portfolio work for is on a site that is purely sexual and her gateway has all the splashes of a porn site, so you know what you're getting right from the start.

My advice for those exploring this would be to choose a gateway that doesn't present or imply anything more risque than you're willing to tolerate, how you want to take your career, or how it may affect your personal life & family. And although webcam operators are perfectly justified -- and successful -- in taking down their copyrighted content from YouTube, keep in mind that once it's out there, even if recalled, what you thought was a private communication has now been made public and that content may surface years down the road to bite you in the ankle.

And, when negotiating with a webcam company, lay your cards on the table and be specific about your expectations! Don't assume they understand what you're talking about! I say this because a nationally-ranked FBB will no longer talk to me due to a misunderstanding. She approached me about doing some portfolio work to set up a private, members-only section of her web site and I assumed she meant nudity. I showed her my R-rated work and that was the ball game.

Alli
01-27-2009, 11:54 AM
OK, so what stipulates one on one or chat room. For instance, if you're in a chatroom and someone wants to do one on one how do you go about doing that? Does it go by appt. only?

REALLY good question. One on One is the highest paid level of chat (meaning most expensive). In order to go to one on one the client (or the person paying) has to request that you do. So for instance, if you are in free chat a little window will pop up on your chat screen and say "__________( insert screenname) wants to take you to one on one chat, do you agree" and you have two options "yes" or "no". Clicking "yes" will remove you from public free chat and you will enter into a one on one chat with the person. This type of chat is private and between just you and the client. NO ONE else has access in or out of the chatroom.

Alli
01-27-2009, 12:00 PM
Without getting into someone's actual takehome, what is the average monthly money taken home by the model? How much does it differ if nudity is involved or not involved? What are some ballpark numbers? :confused:

I think it differs vastly among cammers and the amount of time they are willing to dedicate to cam. I personally don't thing nudity has much to do with it. I think some of the most succesful cam performers are ones who do not do full nude camming.

It's all about your personality and your willigness to be open with your fans and of course, having an exhibitionistic nature which allows you to perform well (i.e be comfortable enough with your body to pose in front of a cam).

Average monthly takehome can vary depending on how much time a person spends on cam. I've had high grossing months and months that arent as high because I havent worked as much on cam so it depends.

Alli
01-27-2009, 12:09 PM

I've never even heard of this! That's certainly not to say that it does not happen, but I personally have never had this experience at all. I HAVE had people ask for recorded cam shows or ask if I can make them a DVD and I always decline for that very reason.

That being said I cam for herbicepscam and for shemusclelive and I'm 100% that both site owners (Mike) and (Brian) respectively would be very willing to help dismantle any such posted videos if there were ones.

The other avenue to consider is that many girls use stage names or fake names on cam. This is helpful for one of a few reasons, the first obviously being that people dont know your real name and therefore if they repost a video etc they'll be reposting it under your fake or assumed name, not your real one, therefore the video wont be attached with you. So using a fake name is another way a lot of cammers protect their privacy.

I know personally, I dont discuss ANYTHING personal. Not my friends, not which city I live in, not i I have a b, etc etc. YOU need to decide, as a cammer, how far into your life you let your fans etc on webcam and I chose to keep them at a distance. Most are respecful of that.

Overall- I'd say most of the people who frequent cam sites are admirers of female muscle, they're fans, they're supportive, and doing something disrespectful like resposting a cam session etc is not within their realm of thought. They're happy to simply be there looking at female muscle. As I said I've encountered a few asses, and the one major one I did have issue with I reported to the site owner and his account was revoked. All in all, although they ask brazen things and have some weird requests, they are ultimately respectful of your life and your privacy and in my opinion, arent TYPICALLY the sort to do things like repost on youtube etc.

As I said, if it happens its a shame, but I know either site owner of the sites I work for would be very adamant about dismantling any such video. Remember a money loss for you as a cam girl is a money loss for the site as well.

picsman
01-27-2009, 12:37 PM
I've never even heard of this! That's certainly not to say that it does not happen, but I personally have never had this experience at all. I HAVE had people ask for recorded cam shows or ask if I can make them a DVD and I always decline for that very reason.

That being said I cam for herbicepscam and for shemusclelive and I'm 100% that both site owners (Mike) and (Brian) respectively would be very willing to help dismantle any such posted videos if there were ones.

The other avenue to consider is that many girls use stage names or fake names on cam. This is helpful for one of a few reasons, the first obviously being that people dont know your real name and therefore if they repost a video etc they'll be reposting it under your fake or assumed name, not your real one, therefore the video wont be attached with you. So using a fake name is another way a lot of cammers protect their privacy.

I know personally, I dont discuss ANYTHING personal. Not my friends, not which city I live in, not i I have a b, etc etc. YOU need to decide, as a cammer, how far into your life you let your fans etc on webcam and I chose to keep them at a distance. Most are respecful of that.

Overall- I'd say most of the people who frequent cam sites are admirers of female muscle, they're fans, they're supportive, and doing something disrespectful like resposting a cam session etc is not within their realm of thought. They're happy to simply be there looking at female muscle. As I said I've encountered a few asses, and the one major one I did have issue with I reported to the site owner and his account was revoked. All in all, although they ask brazen things and have some weird requests, they are ultimately respectful of your life and your privacy and in my opinion, arent TYPICALLY the sort to do things like repost on youtube etc.

As I said, if it happens its a shame, but I know either site owner of the sites I work for would be very adamant about dismantling any such video. Remember a money loss for you as a cam girl is a money loss for the site as well.
I think the point HD was trying to make is that if the person has 1 ounce of tech savy...it would be next to impossible to police. In this technology age...IP spoofing, vid capture etc are off the shelf applications...and don't require a phd in nerd....

HD is very correct. There is NO anonymity anymore. What happens behind "closed doors" i.e. "private one on one" webcam is subject to being recorded without anyone but the person doing the recording knowing it....and if they're bent in the mind....they could damage personal lives...I think that it's very naive to think that people/customers who do webcams don't know who they're seeing....maybe a "fake" name would help...but doubtful...

Finally....the bottom line....you will do your webcam and what will happen will happen...once you're on the internet...it's completely out of your control....there are no takebacks....This also goes for membership sites....anyone who thinks they're "genious" enough to disable right clicks or copying of images on a website is delusional.....and here's why...if you can see a picture....it's already on your computer somwhere in cache....and there is plenty of off the shelf software that allows people to copy whole websites in one fell swoop....

kelbelblue
01-27-2009, 01:14 PM
You turn on your cam and start up in free chat until someone wants to take you private..the cam in free chat is set where they can only see my face...when someone takes you private then all of the other fans are kicked out of free are and the person in privates picture gets big! What 2 people talk about varied from different fans to different performers....I personally do not engage in any sexual talk but that does go on in other chats...I personally pose as if I am on stage(the fan will tell you what they like)Some like to see strength feats, I have had some like to see me in different outfits, see me dance ....but others do want to see sexual things...thats why I wanted to come here and be open and tell the girls that you do not have to do that to make money because I dont...however if you want to make that money then its your choice to do what you wish....the girls do charge more for nudity and fantasy chats...fans will pay more for one on one with me if they dont want others to come in on our time..........I have had to tell many people NO to the things they have asked......if it wasnt mostly positive and there werent mostly neat fans then I wouldnt still be doing it....if there are fans who just are rude etc then there is a ban or kick button so you dont have to deal with them.....everyones cam is so different it is really up to the performer...........I make most of my money chatting...I am very positive upbeat person so sometimes these guys want a cool person they admire to talk too.....hope that helps....:D

thank you!!! it does help! i had no idea there was such a demand for this. interesting stuff.

KP DIVA
01-27-2009, 01:49 PM
REALLY good question. One on One is the highest paid level of chat (meaning most expensive). In order to go to one on one the client (or the person paying) has to request that you do. So for instance, if you are in free chat a little window will pop up on your chat screen and say "__________( insert screenname) wants to take you to one on one chat, do you agree" and you have two options "yes" or "no". Clicking "yes" will remove you from public free chat and you will enter into a one on one chat with the person. This type of chat is private and between just you and the client. NO ONE else has access in or out of the chatroom.

If you are in the middle of a freebie trying to get new clients would you just abruptly end it or end it as soon as possible. Are the customers patient or do they move on if you don't accept one on one as soon as they send it.

KP DIVA
01-27-2009, 01:53 PM
I think the point HD was trying to make is that if the person has 1 ounce of tech savy...it would be next to impossible to police. In this technology age...IP spoofing, vid capture etc are off the shelf applications...and don't require a phd in nerd....

HD is very correct. There is NO anonymity anymore. What happens behind "closed doors" i.e. "private one on one" webcam is subject to being recorded without anyone but the person doing the recording knowing it....and if they're bent in the mind....they could damage personal lives...I think that it's very naive to think that people/customers who do webcams don't know who they're seeing....maybe a "fake" name would help...but doubtful...

Finally....the bottom line....you will do your webcam and what will happen will happen...once you're on the internet...it's completely out of your control....there are no takebacks....This also goes for membership sites....anyone who thinks they're "genious" enough to disable right clicks or copying of images on a website is delusional.....and here's why...if you can see a picture....it's already on your computer somwhere in cache....and there is plenty of off the shelf software that allows people to copy whole websites in one fell swoop....

Wow!! I guess when doing this ppl need to decided if they'd feel comfy w/ their parents/cousins/aunts/uncle's knowing about this...Could they walk into their place of employment and if someone at work has sent the link to everyone, etc. they wouldn't be phased. Just seems like in this day in age ppl are so hateful and get self gratification in taking things out of context and trying to humiliate ppl. I would definitely say know one should aspire to ever go into politics.

kelbelblue
01-27-2009, 01:57 PM
Wow!! I guess when doing this ppl need to decided if they'd feel comfy w/ their parents/cousins/aunts/uncle's knowing about this...Could they walk into their place of employment and if someone at work has sent the link to everyone, etc. they wouldn't be phased. Just seems like in this day in age ppl are so hateful and get self gratification in taking things out of context and trying to humiliate ppl. I would definitely say know one should aspire to ever go into politics.

lol.. definitely no politics. lol

also, as much as what we do in our homes is our business, employers are starting to google potential employees and looking at their myspace pages and any websites that a person has and actually not hiring or even firing because of what they see.

Alli
01-27-2009, 02:15 PM

You're right- I simply meant that in my experience most people are respectful about the webcam.

Although I'm fully aware about the copying and downloading of website material.

Alli
01-27-2009, 02:17 PM
If you are in the middle of a freebie trying to get new clients would you just abruptly end it or end it as soon as possible. Are the customers patient or do they move on if you don't accept one on one as soon as they send it.

Abruptly end it:) Lol. Basically its "stay in free chat" (upaid) or "go to one on one" (paid). Obviously you go where its paid since for most, webcam is about the $$. Free chat is basically a place for people to get a chance to see you, get a feel for what you look like and your personality before the chose or dont chose to take you to a paid chat level. They all understand its about the $$.

fitlei
01-27-2009, 03:10 PM
Hey - As one of the ppl that contacted Alli, what I wanted to know was exactly what was involved, what her concerns were going into it and how those concerns were addressed enough for her to decide to make webcamming her full time gig. I think we've pretty much answered everything so far but here's another ques:

Alli- Did you wait until you had a bit of a following before you went into camming? Would that be a suggestion or are there any "unknown" female performers on the sites you're on?

Trish
01-27-2009, 03:26 PM
Very interesting thread. Thanks for starting it. I'm sure a lot of people are reading.

Alli
01-27-2009, 03:28 PM
Hey - As one of the ppl that contacted Alli, what I wanted to know was exactly what was involved, what her concerns were going into it and how those concerns were addressed enough for her to decide to make webcamming her full time gig. I think we've pretty much answered everything so far but here's another ques:

Alli- Did you wait until you had a bit of a following before you went into camming? Would that be a suggestion or are there any "unknown" female performers on the sites you're on?

Hey lei:)

There are actually a pretty large number of girls who cam who don't even compete. They are simply girls who love to lift and enjoy being muscular. I really don't think "being well known" has much, if anything to do with it. There are girls who don't compete who are just as successful at webcamming as some of the IFBB pros. I know for me, personally, webcam HELPED me to be more well known, gave me an even larger fan base then I'd had before.

Irregardless of competitive history or who's well known or who's not, I think more of it has to do with your comfort on cam, your personality, willingness to talk to the people, and of course your physique. If you have a great physique they honestly dont care about whether you compete or not.... as I said there's many successful cammers who arent competitors at all.

Alli
01-27-2009, 03:33 PM
I got a PM asking if nudity is REQUIRED to webcam...

this is definitely one of those questions I wanted to get out in the open by saying "NO" it is not.

Nudity is certainly a part of webcamming should you chose to do it. There will always be people who will ask for nudity, ask if you do nudity, as if you do topless, but the bottom line is it is NOT required. You need to pick and chose your own boundaries with webcam, with what you will and will not do and then go forward from there. I know plenty of girls who do full nude webcams and plenty of girls who do not and one group is neither more successful or less successful then others. Certain sites, like herbicepscam.com only allow topless, there is no bottom nudity allowed so performers who do perform nude on herbiceps are violating that rule. Other cam sites allow full nudity, like shemusclelive.com and I believe ftvidz as well although I do not cam for them personally so I cannot speak for them.

But as I said, performing nude is NOT a requirement. It's an option. If you chose not to do nude its absolutely not necessrily an indicator of how successful you'll be at webcam. You can be successful with or without nudity.

FlyFitGal
01-27-2009, 03:44 PM
Thanks Ali for starting this thread! I think a bunch of us were curious about this topic so thanks for sharing :)

Das
01-27-2009, 04:08 PM
Hi Alli

Great thread, I think it has answered a lot of questions about cam.

Unfortunately there is no real way to stop some of the stupid questions you hear over and over again in free, but c'est la vie.

Respectfully

Das

PS - how big are your biceps and could you really lift me over your head?

fitlei
01-27-2009, 04:09 PM
Hey lei:)

There are actually a pretty large number of girls who cam who don't even compete. They are simply girls who love to lift and enjoy being muscular. I really don't think "being well known" has much, if anything to do with it. There are girls who don't compete who are just as successful at webcamming as some of the IFBB pros. I know for me, personally, webcam HELPED me to be more well known, gave me an even larger fan base then I'd had before.

Irregardless of competitive history or who's well known or who's not, I think more of it has to do with your comfort on cam, your personality, willingness to talk to the people, and of course your physique. If you have a great physique they honestly dont care about whether you compete or not.... as I said there's many successful cammers who arent competitors at all.

Thanks Ali! This has really helped a lot... I think by having this discussion, more girls will actually consider webcamming. I was one of the ppl that was like ohhhhh I'd never do that and more concerned with the nudity but after reading everyone's responses, I'm definitely more open to the idea and will look into it more. Thanks!! :awesome:

debbiebramwell
01-27-2009, 04:14 PM
well.....I am gonna chime in.....I think the only reason why I make decent money is because I am more known and I am very muscular and have something to flex......I was busier when I first started cam and now that the girls are doing xrated things and I wont do it that does hurt what I make....there are alot of girl on cam who dont really look like they work out but they are willing to get"sexual" and they will make money because of that....
If I didnt have the muscle I have or was well known I wouldnt make nearly as much because of my boundaries.......
I have "accepted" what goes on with the other girls and it is their choice but I didnt want it to get sugar coated here.....
My belief in these "internet" days is that there is an audience and place for everything.....I recently stopped by shemuscle and saw some video samples there and the first 2 I saw were some girls "playing" with themselves(didnt see anything else but down there)I thought wow what does this have to do with being very fit(mind you not all videos were like that but many were)....but hey its a site with an audience and the girls dont mind doing that and there are alot of sites like that out there..........I am just more disappointed that this is being done on HB and ftvideo because these are actual bodybuilding sites .....but I realized all I can control is what happens in my chat.......
Just wanted to give more "honest" insight.......hope it helps

scottnva
01-27-2009, 04:25 PM
Unfortunately there is a stigma for everything, For example this weekend is the Super Bowl lets say you take a cooler over to a buddies house....even though an observer may have no clue whats in the cooler the first thought of the observers is probably going to center around partying and drinking

Siouxcountry
01-27-2009, 04:50 PM
well.....I am gonna chime in.....I think the only reason why I make decent money is because I am more known and I am very muscular and have something to flex......I was busier when I first started cam and now that the girls are doing xrated things and I wont do it that does hurt what I make....there are alot of girl on cam who dont really look like they work out but they are willing to get"sexual" and they will make money because of that....
If I didnt have the muscle I have or was well known I wouldnt make nearly as much because of my boundaries.......
I have "accepted" what goes on with the other girls and it is their choice but I didnt want it to get sugar coated here.....
My belief in these "internet" days is that there is an audience and place for everything.....I recently stopped by shemuscle and saw some video samples there and the first 2 I saw were some girls "playing" with themselves(didnt see anything else but down there)I thought wow what does this have to do with being very fit(mind you not all videos were like that but many were)....but hey its a site with an audience and the girls dont mind doing that and there are alot of sites like that out there..........I am just more disappointed that this is being done on HB and ftvideo because these are actual bodybuilding sites .....but I realized all I can control is what happens in my chat.......

Alli wrote above HB does not allow "bottomless nudity".

This is an interesting thread and I thank Alli for starting it up.

I have never been a member of any webcam site.

I do know many women webcam and some do very well.

Its nice that so many here can chat about this topic like adults. :)

kelbelblue
01-27-2009, 05:12 PM
so do most girls belong to a host site, i guess you would call it. or do you just have your own website? on a host site, do you set your own rates or are they set for you?

HDPhysiques-Joe
01-27-2009, 05:35 PM

Without appearing to attack one of these sites..... sorry, you are incorrect, as one of those 2 sites is indeed responsible for ignoring my "heads up" I gave them on various cam clips that were up on youtube last summer. I'm pretty sure you can figure out which one, since I'm commenting on it. lol

Sorry, Alli, but that just isn't so. It indeed happens, and of the webcam sites, only FitVixenz is registered with youtube's CVT program and is actively involved with taking down cam clips by filing copyright claims religiously. I made it quite clear on a public forum and by phone calls and private messages to one of the co-owners of the sites you cam for, and yet they did nothing about removing the webcam videos of the particular performer I pointed out. Bernie can verify this, as he was included in the conversation at the time.

Now, you certainly ARE correct that most fans are respectful, particularly if you have built up a solid customer base like you have. So you probably have far less to worry about. But for the avg girl, they should be much more aware of where their webcam shows could possibly publicly end up if their webcam customers are disrespectful and shares their "supposed to have been" private webcam show with the rest of the world.

debbiebramwell
01-27-2009, 06:15 PM
I have a question for the lovely ms allifit:D like I mentioned I have been doing cam for over 4 years now...I get asked alot if I will do nude or topless, I get asked alot if I will have fantasy talk(sex talk) I get asked alot if I will do alot of 'sexual" things and the answer is no to all of the above(then they leave and find someone else who will do these things...I also get asked "why not?" the other girls do it).......my question to you or any other girl who does do nude etc and makes decent money on cam how much of that time is spent topless, nude, and /or doing things in a sexual nature? isnt that where you make a good portion of your money? :cool:(can you give us an breakdown )I just want these girls to not be mislead as to what really goes on in many girls chats.....and what will happen if they do try cam and what alot of these guys want....give us a good percentage of time this happens......

Alli
01-27-2009, 06:31 PM
I have a question for the lovely ms allifit:D like I mentioned I have been doing cam for over 4 years now...I get asked alot if I will do nude or topless, I get asked alot if I will have fantasy talk(sex talk) I get asked alot if I will do alot of 'sexual" things and the answer is no to all of the above(then they leave and find someone else who will do these things...I also get asked "why not?" the other girls do it).......my question to you or any other girl who does do nude etc and makes decent money on cam how much of that time is spent topless, nude, and /or doing things in a sexual nature? isnt that where you make a good portion of your money? :cool:(can you give us an breakdown )I just want these girls to not be mislead as to what really goes on in many girls chats.....and what will happen if they do try cam and what alot of these guys want....give us a good percentage of time this happens......

To put it bluntly I make far more money on HBC (where the only thing I do is topless) then I do on any other site. BUT I am muscular. I saw your earlier post about girls who arent fit camming and doing sexual things and I completely agree.

I think what attracts my clientele base and obvisouly EVERYONE has something different is my personality and my combination of muscle and feminity. I'm certainly not as big as you Debbie, nor as muscular, but for many who are into female muscle but want someone a bit smaller and more mainstream looking, I fit the bill. I have a VERY loyal customer base who comes and chats with me regularly and they tend to like the muscular/athletic look to my physique as opposed to the straight on bodybuilder appearance. And its something different for everyone. As you said Debbie some girls arent fit and dont have anything else to offer other then nudity and sexual things.

And as far as what I do on cam I prefer to not publicly discuss it but I WILL however say I dont do the "playing with myself' stuff etc that you mentioned...... I dont frown upon it, each girl is welcome to do as she pleases in her own chat. Do I get asked- OF COURSE. Do I make less $$ because of it? Probably yes I do.... but thats okay with me. I still do well on both cam sites.

Alli
01-27-2009, 06:32 PM
so do most girls belong to a host site, i guess you would call it. or do you just have your own website? on a host site, do you set your own rates or are they set for you?

IF you do it through your website perhaps ask Michelle Bishop I know she has cam software intalled on her site, I do not so I'm unfamiliar with it.

The host site gives you price boundaries and you set your prices within those boundaries.

Alli
01-27-2009, 06:34 PM

AND you have a stellar personality and believe it or personality has a lot to do with it. No one wants to spend their money trying to chat with someone who is rude or uninteresting no matter how great she looks. I know personally a lot of the customers I have that are repeats are people who say to me over and over "you're so friendly, so nice, always smiling"....

in a sense what we're doing is very customer service oriented and so I think personality has a lot to do with it in addition to the obvious (physique etc).

FemFlex
01-27-2009, 06:36 PM
Hi Debbie - we greatly appreciate the service you and other women like Alli have given to HBC since our entry into the market 3 years ago.

I can only speak for HerBicepsCam.

We do not allow bottom nudity. If we see it happen, the performer is sanctioned. We have no problem suspending performers from our system and have permanently banned a few performers as well for violating our rules. By drawing our line in the sand, we feel that most people - performers and visitors alike - understand that we are committed to maintaining the integrity of our system.

I don't notice a significant difference in the hourly earnings between those who pose topless and those who do not. It all comes down to how much value the performer gives to her clients.

If a woman is just there for the money, fans will pick up on that and will be less likely to patronize her room. On the other hand, if she comes across as friendly and open to talking to strangers and to building relationships with anonymous (at first anyway) people, then she has the potential to do better on our system.

Alli
01-27-2009, 06:41 PM
Hi Debbie - we greatly appreciate the service you and other women like Alli have given to HBC since our entry into the market 3 years ago.

We do not allow bottom nudity. If we see it happen, the performer is sanctioned. We have no problem suspending performers from our system and have permanently banned a few performers as well for violating our rules. By drawing our line in the sand, we feel that most people - performers and visitors alike - understand that we are committed to maintaining the integrity of our system.

I don't notice a significant difference in the hourly earnings between those who pose topless and those who do not. It all comes down to how much value the performer gives to her clients.

If a woman is just there for the money, fans will pick up on that and will be less likely to patronize her room. On the other hand, if she comes across as friendly and open to talking to strangers and to building relationships with anonymous (at first anyway) people, then she has the potential to do better on our system.

Thanks Tre:) XOXOXOXOX

debbiebramwell
01-27-2009, 06:43 PM
To put it bluntly I make far more money on HBC (where the only thing I do is topless) then I do on any other site. BUT I am muscular. I saw your earlier post about girls who arent fit camming and doing sexual things and I completely agree.

I think what attracts my clientele base and obvisouly EVERYONE has something different is my personality and my combination of muscle and feminity. I'm certainly not as big as you Debbie, nor as muscular, but for many who are into female muscle but want someone a bit smaller and more mainstream looking, I fit the bill. I have a VERY loyal customer base who comes and chats with me regularly and they tend to like the muscular/athletic look to my physique as opposed to the straight on bodybuilder appearance. And its something different for everyone. As you said Debbie some girls arent fit and dont have anything else to offer other then nudity and sexual things.

And as far as what I do on cam I prefer to not publicly discuss it but I WILL however say I dont do the "playing with myself' stuff etc that you mentioned...... I dont frown upon it, each girl is welcome to do as she pleases in her own chat. Do I get asked- OF COURSE. Do I make less $$ because of it? Probably yes I do.... but thats okay with me. I still do well on both cam sites.

Well the fact that you are a hottie doesnt hurt either!:kiss: I do agree as far as having a loyal fan base...there are many guys who will just click with certain girls and they will come back over and over....gotta love them! I have met alot of really nice guys on the cams so thats why I still do it...and thank god for the ban button if needed! I think a big thing and I know you will agree is having fun in cam...I have had so many people tell me that many girls wont even smile or talk in free....also, I dont do any freebies....I have learned if someone wants private then they will go in......I may show my outfit but thats it......also Alli whatever you choose to do in cam or any girl is a personal choice as long as you are comfortable with it thats all that matters...I just wanted everything put on the table from a-z......and I think we have covered everything now....so thank you!:awesome: happy camming !

Alli
01-27-2009, 06:44 PM
Without appearing to attack one of these sites..... sorry, you are incorrect, as one of those 2 sites is indeed responsible for ignoring my "heads up" I gave them on various cam clips that were up on youtube last summer. I'm pretty sure you can figure out which one, since I'm commenting on it. lol
All I can say is whenever I'd had issues with either of the sites (HBC) or (SML) both Brian and Mike have always made effort to help handle the situation. When I complained about a rude customer who frequentled my free chat and was nasty and deragatory I told Mike and Mike suspended him. It was handled well.

That's aweome what you're doing to help stop that distribution of stuff on youtube, as I said I've had NO personal experience with that and I feel sorry for girls who have it's a shame. Hopefully that program is something that other sites can get into as well to help protect their girls...... you rock Joe:)

Alli
01-27-2009, 06:47 PM
I dont do any freebies....I have learned if someone wants private then they will go in......I may show my outfit but thats it......

Girls listen to this THIS TIP IS GOLDEN!!!! Debbie is spot on when she said she doesnt do freebies. I don't either. Every now and again I'll flex etc for someone who cams with me a lot of if they're asking and I feel like it may help my chances of going to private. Aside from the occasional bicep flex I remain seated and I dont stand or show anything else.

KEep in mind- would you pay for something if you could get it for free? Heck no. Well neither will people who come to cam sites. If they can see you for free why would they pay you?

When I first began camming I did a lot of free chat work so that people got a feel for my physique and what I had to offer in chat. But now that I've been doing it steadily for some time I dont feel the need to do free chat work and I really thank Debbie for bringing that up she's DEAD ON!

debbiebramwell
01-27-2009, 06:48 PM
AND you have a stellar personality and believe it or personality has a lot to do with it. No one wants to spend their money trying to chat with someone who is rude or uninteresting no matter how great she looks. I know personally a lot of the customers I have that are repeats are people who say to me over and over "you're so friendly, so nice, always smiling"....

in a sense what we're doing is very customer service oriented and so I think personality has a lot to do with it in addition to the obvious (physique etc).

yes mam you are right about that! I mean think about it you get to interact with people who love the sport like you do from your home....how cool is that? you are on stage fans want to see that happy pretty face and cheerful disposition! someone who loves life and people and what they do!:awesome: you go girl!

FemFlex
01-27-2009, 06:55 PM

I made it quite clear on a public forum and by phone calls and private messages to one of the co-owners of the sites you cam for, and yet they did nothing about removing the webcam videos of the particular performer I pointed out. Bernie can verify this, as he was included in the conversation at the time.

As stated, we appreciated the heads-up, Joe. But at the same time, to put that specific matter into perspective, we understood your point about performer privacy - something that means a great deal to us - but I could not get you to understand that what you were talking about was akin to putting a little band-aid on a close-range shotgun blast. I'm not making any excuses, just offering some perspective.

We do not want our performers' shows being recorded and then redistributed in either the free or the for-profit domain.

The proliferation of the various tube sites is making it increasingly difficult for us to police this because, no matter what sort of digital watermarking we might do, there's nothing that can actually prevent a person from recording the show with a camcorder. We may be able to ID the violator after the fact, but at that point, the video is already out there.

It's an ongoing pursuit for the HBC team.

debbiebramwell
01-27-2009, 07:23 PM

Hi tre! :kiss:I do believe you do the best you can in all this...and I know you cant control everything that goes on(cant monitor everything)......I did visit shemuscle and thats where i saw full nudity etc etc etc!:D It is on HB that I have been asked if I have "toys" and if I will engage in sexual talk and do sexual things.....I just say no....I also hear stories about what else goes on there from other fans....
I agree with your last paragraph completely!
I do love working for both HB and fitvidz....I just wanted the girls to know everything from a-z.........

dennisb5
01-27-2009, 07:29 PM

The above is sooo true.

It's just not fun to be with a lady who is "only" (emphasis "only") there for the money (and nothing else). Some type of genuine interaction makes it more fun, plus it will help generate return clientele (which is what performers want).

Dennis.

MsGuns
01-27-2009, 08:19 PM
The above is sooo true.

It's just not fun to be with a lady who is "only" (emphasis "only") there for the money (and nothing else). Some type of genuine interaction makes it more fun, plus it will help generate return clientele (which is what performers want).

Dennis.

Thats true...during free chat if I saw a familiar name...I would speak...even call them by their real name when they called me by mine...smile

I missed webcam...my dayum computer sucks.

jbigfoot
01-27-2009, 08:44 PM
Its nice that so many here can chat about this topic like adults. :)

How true!

jbigfoot
01-27-2009, 08:47 PM

Very true. It's even possible to get around programs that prevent right-clicks by turning off the Java function in your browser. I build my photo galleries with Flash displays to prevent right-clicks, but one of my models -- who was a graphic artist by trade -- had software that did a screen capture to circumvent my security procedures.

FemFlex
01-27-2009, 09:28 PM
ctrl-alt-print screen

teri
01-27-2009, 09:31 PM
just to let u all know -i have been lurkin..i love knowledge so i want to learn everything...and u all have taught me alot...damn Ms Guns--I didnt know u did it...how was it??? and y dont u do it anymore??:respect:

MsGuns
01-27-2009, 09:50 PM
just to let u all know -i have been lurkin..i love knowledge so i want to learn everything...and u all have taught me alot...damn Ms Guns--I didnt know u did it...how was it??? and y dont u do it anymore??:respect:

the guys are cool..some were asking for strange things and I told them I didnt do it...i dont do it anymore cause my hm computer sucks...any volunteers willing to help me buy another one...smile

teri
01-27-2009, 10:05 PM
if its good $$$ then maybe u should invest in urself babe...:kiss:

Bernie
01-27-2009, 10:43 PM
i can attest to having a more engaging performer does wonders for business, and leads to a great deal of familiarity.

i have been fortunate enough to become friends with a handful of performers, to the point i consider a few as very close and dear friends. i have had the fortunate oppertunity to fellowship and break bread with them. mind you this is not the point of webcams. and is very very uncommon. but it has been a vehicle for me to meet many new and interesting people.

ok, yeah, you have to deal with some whackos out there. but many of the dumb questions come from two groups of people. a.) the newbie that just doesnt know any better. b.) ther person who does it just to get a rise out of you. you can usually weed those out, and if they fall into the later grouping, you can simply ban them.

picsman
01-27-2009, 10:46 PM
Very true. It's even possible to get around programs that prevent right-clicks by turning off the Java function in your browser. I build my photo galleries with Flash displays to prevent right-clicks, but one of my models -- who was a graphic artist by trade -- had software that did a screen capture to circumvent my security procedures.
There is very simple and readily available SW....Snagit comes to mind...It will snag pics and vids...and it's very inexpensive....

Alli
01-27-2009, 11:02 PM
i can attest to having a more engaging performer does wonders for business, and leads to a great deal of familiarity.

i have been fortunate enough to become friends with a handful of performers, to the point i consider a few as very close and dear friends. i have had the fortunate oppertunity to fellowship and break bread with them. mind you this is not the point of webcams. and is very very uncommon. but it has been a vehicle for me to meet many new and interesting people.

ok, yeah, you have to deal with some whackos out there. but many of the dumb questions come from two groups of people. a.) the newbie that just doesnt know any better. b.) ther person who does it just to get a rise out of you. you can usually weed those out, and if they fall into the later grouping, you can simply ban them.

And I can honestly say Bernie you are one who I truely enjoy having in my chat!!!! There are several I communicate with via email outside of chat, they send cards on my birthday, they helped to donate money when FigureRX dropped me- and so I really am thankful for a lot of the people I've met on chat.

Bernie's dead on when he said there are wackos- but in where area of life ARENT there wackos?? There's pitfalls to every profession and every area of life. Do you have to have a certain level of tolerance and patience to do webcam- of course. You can't get easily riled or jump to offense. But all in all most people that frequent the sites I cam on are friendly, curious, admiring, and amiable.

Camming allows me to work from home, set my own hours, and be in control of my own income. It allows me to train when I need to train, to hold a part time job I ENJOY, to do volunteer work for which I would otherwise not have time, and it allows me to eat and diet for a show eith ease. I wouldnt trade the freedom I get with cam for anything. So even on its bad days, and even given a few "wackos" as Bernie said, I feel it's a good fit for me.

Alli
01-27-2009, 11:04 PM
Hi tre! :kiss:I do believe you do the best you can in all this...and I know you cant control everything that goes on(cant monitor everything)......

I agree. I have never felt that either site was not there for me if I needed Admin help. And each chat room has a kick button- use the damn thing. I've kicked users out before many times.

debbiebramwell
01-27-2009, 11:14 PM
I agree. I have never felt that either site was not there for me if I needed Admin help. And each chat room has a kick button- use the damn thing. I've kicked users out before many times.

by the way isnt bernie awesome:D yes I agree...isnt jen awesme too! thats the great thing about it...it is your chat and you handle it your way.....it is all in all great for all the reasons you mentioned in your last post....I just wanted the girls to know everything that may go on since we are talking about it.....each performer is unique and thats what makes it great for the fans!!:awesome: I try hard to not kick someone out and just talk to them and explain my chat rules ..alot of times they are respectful but some of the time they arent so I say buh bye!!:cool:

4evrstroud
01-27-2009, 11:44 PM
Shwww. It took me a good 20 minutes to catch on everything from my last post.. I wanted to say thanks to Bernie, Debbie and Alli for all of the great information that has been given about camming!! All very informative from a member and performers perspective...

This quote I have a question about

Abruptly end it:) Lol. Basically its "stay in free chat" (upaid) or "go to one on one" (paid). Obviously you go where its paid since for most, webcam is about the $$. Free chat is basically a place for people to get a chance to see you, get a feel for what you look like and your personality before the chose or dont chose to take you to a paid chat level. They all understand its about the $$.

Once you go into paid chat, is that the only chat you have going at one time?

How many chats would you say you have on avg per day or night? (i know it depends on how long the person is willing to devote, but on avg)

What would you say is the longest someone has been in private chat with you? 3.99-5.99 can add up quick.

Also, I noticed this wasn't answered; when you are topless, are you topless the whole time, do you flash them, do you become topless then pose then put a shirt back on ?

Overall--- very interesting thread!!!

Bernie
01-28-2009, 12:37 AM
Shwww. It took me a good 20 minutes to catch on everything from my last post.. I wanted to say thanks to Bernie, Debbie and Alli for all of the great information that has been given about camming!! All very informative from a member and performers perspective...

This quote I have a question about

How many chats would you say you have on avg per day or night? (i know it depends on how long the person is willing to devote, but on avg)

What would you say is the longest someone has been in private chat with you? 3.99-5.99 can add up quick.

Also, I noticed this wasn't answered; when you are topless, are you topless the whole time, do you flash them, do you become topless then pose then put a shirt back on ?

Overall--- very interesting thread!!!

it is the only chat you have going at once. when you go from free, and into premium or whatever, you leave the other room.

like i said in my other post. you could go on and be in pay the entire time you have alloted to be on cam......or you can sit there all day without a private. it depends on the day, and who is around. there is no real answer.

as far as how long some will stay in. patrons can load their account in denominations of $25, 50, 75, and 100. they may have more or less in their accounts. and they may not spend the entire thing on you. but you are generally looking 6-20 min. maybe more. you dont really know.

as far as topless. it all depends. its generally not just a flash though. but could be. it all depends on the performer and what the patron are looking for.

Siouxcountry
01-28-2009, 06:12 AM
additionally there is a herbicepscam section on this forum.

Not anymore.

Alli
01-28-2009, 11:19 AM
Hey Miss Alyssa. GREAT questions. Yes that is the only chat you're in at the time. I'll just go ahead and explain the 4 different levels of chat (using herbicepscam as a model).

Level 1, FREE CHAT: This is basically what it says. FREE chat. It's unpaid and it's public which means you can have as many people as can sign into your room. Personally I've had upwards of 50 in mine at once. This is a place where users can get to see you, ask you questions, and get a feel for your personality etc. THIS IS NOT A PAID CHAT- you dont want to be flexing and moving around overly much in here simply because its unpaid and you're not going to get any $$ for your time invested here. The perk to free chat is that its a great place to meet and converse with users and hopefully entice someone enough to want to take you to a higher level of chat.

Level 2, PREMIUM CHAT: This is the cheapest level of paid chat. It's also a public chat which means that more then one user can be in here at one time (each user paying your per minute price). You do the math and it can add up quickly. Now herbicepscam allows you to set your prices within a perimeter of predefined prices they set. I had to look in my account to see exactly what the prices were since mine havent changed in forever but you can set your premium chat prices anywhere from $1.99 to $3.99 a minute. (Bear in mind the site has a 60/40 split policy. The site takes 40% of your earnings you take 60%).

Premium chat is what you make it. Since I do topless work in a higher chat level (I'll get to that in a few) premium chat for me is fully clothed i.e bikini, bra and undies etc whatever I'm wearing. Sometimes its a sports bra and shorts, I vary it up. This chat for me is mostly flexing, discussing my training, strength feats or whatever the user wants to see. At times it can get crowded in premium chat so come prepared lol...with more then one user they're all firing requests at you as fast as they can think them up!

Level 3, FANTASY CHAT: This is a variation of premium chat in a sense. This is the chat that allows topless and cam girls have the option to put in their profile that they do not do fantasy chat. When I initially began camming I didnt do fantasy chat- I was unsure as to how I felt about it and until I got a feel for camiming I felt comfortable not doing topless work.

Fantasy chat operates the same as premium, its a public chat and you can have more then one user in there at a time. Fantasy chat prices range from $2.99 to $6.99 a minute. You can set your prices within those. I make great money in this chat. Since I'm comfortable doing topless I usually am in here rather then premium.

Level 4, ONE ON ONE CHAT: This is the highest level of chat. It's a PRIVATE chat which means it's only you and the other user in there. NO ONE else can sign in or out of the chat. It's the most expenisive for the user but most are willing to pay it because they want the privacy. It also tends to be the chat that lasts the longest. I make the most money off of one on one chats. Your one on one chat prices can range from $5.99 to $7.99 a minute.

VOYEUR: I should explain the concept of voyeur. You can set voyeur chat prices as well for your premium and fantasy chats. Voyeur prices are very cheap and basically allow the user to sign into your chat while performing, BUT as a voyeur, which essentially means that they cannot talk or type to you. Consider it like a peeping tom. I'm not a huge fan of voyeurs lol.

I hate to sound vague girl but it depends. One day I can be super busy and in and out of chats like mad and the net day I make squat and its super slow.... so it all depends.

Oh wow. I have several guys on herbiceps who will stay in chat with me for like a half hour or more. On shemuscle I have one who easily spends two hours in there with me a shot. He's one of my favs lol.

Also, I noticed this wasn't answered; when you are topless, are you topless the whole time, do you flash them, do you become topless then pose then put a shirt back on?
I should explain my reason for doing topless lol. As we all know I don't have my boobs done, therefore I tend to have "pecs" during contest time, and when I'm flexing etc a lot of times guys will ask to see my pecs, which in essence is another muscle group. So I don't mind showing them. So if I'm topless in fantasy I'm topless. The top is off and I'm flexing or posing like I would be if the top was on. It's definitely not a flashing.. :) Each girl is different I'm sure and I can only speak for myself but most of the users whofrequent these sites are fans of female muscle and they want to see your muscles. Boobs aren't necessarily looked at as sexual in nature, but more as in another muscle group they want to view and admire.

hope all this helps!!!

Shelly
01-28-2009, 01:06 PM
i have a question-

alli, or whoever else can answer:)

if you have a significant other in your life (i.e. boyfriend, hubby, etc) how do they feel about this, AND if you begin to date someone how do you break the ice that this is someting you do?

I for one, know that this wouldn't fly in my relationship, just because thats the way MINE works. My bod is for his eyes only LOL

just curious!

Quadrablue
01-28-2009, 01:44 PM
My bf, now my ex, was a little skeptical, to say the least, when I told him what I was doing, but I invited him to come sit with me and see what I was doing. Once he did he realized it wasn't so bad. Besides, I get on stage in a bikini! What is the difference being in one on cam? He also realized that I needed to do it to make the necessary extra funds to put towards my training and shows, etc.

If and when a new relationship happens I will be honest about what I am doing as well. My body, my life, my choice.

debbiebramwell
01-28-2009, 02:55 PM
Hey Miss Alyssa. GREAT questions. Yes that is the only chat you're in at the time. I'll just go ahead and explain the 4 different levels of chat (using herbicepscam as a model).

Level 1, FREE CHAT: This is basically what it says. FREE chat. It's unpaid and it's public which means you can have as many people as can sign into your room. Personally I've had upwards of 50 in mine at once. This is a place where users can get to see you, ask you questions, and get a feel for your personality etc. THIS IS NOT A PAID CHAT- you dont want to be flexing and moving around overly much in here simply because its unpaid and you're not going to get any $$ for your time invested here. The perk to free chat is that its a great place to meet and converse with users and hopefully entice someone enough to want to take you to a higher level of chat.

Level 2, PREMIUM CHAT: This is the cheapest level of paid chat. It's also a public chat which means that more then one user can be in here at one time (each user paying your per minute price). You do the math and it can add up quickly. Now herbicepscam allows you to set your prices within a perimeter of predefined prices they set. I had to look in my account to see exactly what the prices were since mine havent changed in forever but you can set your premium chat prices anywhere from $1.99 to $3.99 a minute. (Bear in mind the site has a 60/40 split policy. The site takes 40% of your earnings you take 60%).

Premium chat is what you make it. Since I do topless work in a higher chat level (I'll get to that in a few) premium chat for me is fully clothed i.e bikini, bra and undies etc whatever I'm wearing. Sometimes its a sports bra and shorts, I vary it up. This chat for me is mostly flexing, discussing my training, strength feats or whatever the user wants to see. At times it can get crowded in premium chat so come prepared lol...with more then one user they're all firing requests at you as fast as they can think them up!

Level 3, FANTASY CHAT: This is a variation of premium chat in a sense. This is the chat that allows topless and cam girls have the option to put in their profile that they do not do fantasy chat. When I initially began camming I didnt do fantasy chat- I was unsure as to how I felt about it and until I got a feel for camiming I felt comfortable not doing topless work.

Fantasy chat operates the same as premium, its a public chat and you can have more then one user in there at a time. Fantasy chat prices range from $2.99 to $6.99 a minute. You can set your prices within those. I make great money in this chat. Since I'm comfortable doing topless I usually am in here rather then premium.

Level 4, ONE ON ONE CHAT: This is the highest level of chat. It's a PRIVATE chat which means it's only you and the other user in there. NO ONE else can sign in or out of the chat. It's the most expenisive for the user but most are willing to pay it because they want the privacy. It also tends to be the chat that lasts the longest. I make the most money off of one on one chats. Your one on one chat prices can range from $5.99 to $7.99 a minute.

VOYEUR: I should explain the concept of voyeur. You can set voyeur chat prices as well for your premium and fantasy chats. Voyeur prices are very cheap and basically allow the user to sign into your chat while performing, BUT as a voyeur, which essentially means that they cannot talk or type to you. Consider it like a peeping tom. I'm not a huge fan of voyeurs lol.

I hate to sound vague girl but it depends. One day I can be super busy and in and out of chats like mad and the net day I make squat and its super slow.... so it all depends.

Oh wow. I have several guys on herbiceps who will stay in chat with me for like a half hour or more. On shemuscle I have one who easily spends two hours in there with me a shot. He's one of my favs lol.

I should explain my reason for doing topless lol. As we all know I don't have my boobs done, therefore I tend to have "pecs" during contest time, and when I'm flexing etc a lot of times guys will ask to see my pecs, which in essence is another muscle group. So I don't mind showing them. So if I'm topless in fantasy I'm topless. The top is off and I'm flexing or posing like I would be if the top was on. It's definitely not a flashing.. :) Each girl is different I'm sure and I can only speak for myself but most of the users whofrequent these sites are fans of female muscle and they want to see your muscles. Boobs aren't necessarily looked at as sexual in nature, but more as in another muscle group they want to view and admire.hope all this helps!!!

If they want to see ya topless usually they are looked at in a sexual nature...I wear tiny bikinis that show my pecs but that is "too" much for some men.....
I see nothing wrong with choosing to flex topless or nude if thats what you are comfortable doing...and the ladies do charge more for that which is why they do it.. and they should!:D

debbiebramwell
01-28-2009, 02:58 PM
i have a question-

if you have a significant other in your life (i.e. boyfriend, hubby, etc) how do they feel about this, AND if you begin to date someone how do you break the ice that this is someting you do?

I for one, know that this wouldn't fly in my relationship, just because thats the way MINE works. My bod is for his eyes only LOL

just curious!

My fiance is comfortable because I dont do anything sexual or show anything private and he wouldnt like it if I did......but some guys probably dont care....so it depends on the guy.....:cool:

Shelly
01-28-2009, 03:10 PM
My bf, now my ex, was a little skeptical, to say the least, when I told him what I was doing, but I invited him to come sit with me and see what I was doing. Once he did he realized it wasn't so bad. Besides, I get on stage in a bikini! What is the difference being in one on cam? He also realized that I needed to do it to make the necessary extra funds to put towards my training and shows, etc.

If and when a new relationship happens I will be honest about what I am doing as well. My body, my life, my choice.

My fiance is comfortable because I dont do anything sexual or show anything private and he wouldnt like it if I did......but some guys probably dont care....so it depends on the guy.....:cool:

thanks ladies!:)

IslandGirl
01-28-2009, 03:37 PM
Very interesting thread. Thanks Alli, Debbie, Athena for your insight and contributions.

slickrick
01-28-2009, 03:38 PM
My wife does work on the cam occasionally. It does not bother me, you have to realize they are going to have to be nice and flirty with the guys that are on the site. If your spouse is the jealous type it probably won't work. We have had a pretty open marriage (15 years). I know she does topless (but not bottomless) that's why I think she prefers the HB cam site.

If she was on it day after day, I might have a issue. She only does it a couple times a month if she is in the mood and has the time.

It is a nice for a little extra moneyfor her to clothes shop with or use for contest costs.

Just my opinion.

fitlei
01-28-2009, 03:39 PM
I was actually just talking to my bf about this thread last nite and he was definitely NOT comfortable with the topless idea (then again I don't think I was either lol) but he was totally cool with flexing, chatting, n whatever else. I guess as long as it respects the boundaries of the relationship so to speak...

Alli
01-28-2009, 04:46 PM
i have a question-

just curious!

Good question girl.

Currently I'm single so it's a mute point. I will say that the guy I'm currently talking to/spending time with etc knows I webcam and is comfortable with it. He's let me use the internet at his house to webcam when my own internet connection was iffy.:)

When I discussed webcamming with my ex he was supportive. Even with the idea of topless. His exact words were "you already take pics in dental floss the only thing left to the imagination is nips and your hooha" lol. And he was essentially true. The whole "bod is for his eyes" well my bod was already out there. If you're willing to take pics in string bikinis etc then there's nothing different about webcam except its a photo in motion. There's no mandate that webcam must be topless or nude. If you're not comfortable doing topless or nude then certainly don't. But we all take skimpy pics. there's nothing different about sitting down in front of a webcam in the same outfit you'd do a photo shoot in and posing etc.

I know everyone is different and every person has their own boundaries. Personally I refuse to rearrange what I do or do not do for a man. That's absurd in my opinion. I mean I'm guilty of doing that before and that's why I can say i would never do that again. I'd rather be single then be with someone who ONLY wanted to date me if I quit webcam or quit competing etc etc. Because if you really sit back and think about it, this "fitness industry" we all participate in (in one way or another) is 100% looks oriented. Pics in skimpy bikinis, stage shots in bikinis, being judged on our bodies, nude photos, webcam, session work WHATEVER you do- it's pertinent to your body. A man who cannot handle that has no place in my life. It might sound bitchy to say that, but I feel that the choices I make are choices I make for me, and if along the way I meet someone wonderful who wants to be a part of my life and support and encourage me then great- but being with someone shouldnt involve changing who you are or what you do. I make no bones about hiding that I webcam and so I'm open to discussing it and answering questions etc....

Personally I don't think there's anything bad about what I do. Men date strippers, porn stars, female escorts etc and IMO webcam is nowhere near that. I understand that culturally its a bit of a radical idea and that in general showing the body can be taboo for lots of people ( the whole "my eyes only" mentality) but I just disagree. I don't think nudity is pornographic, I don't think displaying your body is slutty, and I don't think a woman who makes $$ off her looks is any less intelligent or worthwhile then a woman who uses mental strength throughout the day. I think there are tasteful and non tasteful ways to do just about EVERYTHING, nude photos, clothed photos, webcam, etc.

Every relationship is different and obviously if you're in a relationship it would be something that would need to be discussed etc. But if you're not in arelationship I say formulate your own boundaries, decide what works for you, and let the chips fall where they may. The right man will come along :)

Alli
01-28-2009, 04:47 PM

Your fiance just seems KICK ASS Debbie! You two are so beautiful together!

pumpinironeryn
01-28-2009, 05:00 PM
It has been so interesting to read more about your webcamming. I think our little radio show sparked quite an interest!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!

Speakin of.....you'll be on with me tomorrow night right?

Email/Call me soon busy lady......

xo eryn

debbiebramwell
01-28-2009, 05:35 PM
Good question girl.

Currently I'm single so it's a mute point. I will say that the guy I'm currently talking to/spending time with etc knows I webcam and is comfortable with it. He's let me use the internet at his house to webcam when my own internet connection was iffy.:)

When I discussed webcamming with my ex he was supportive. Even with the idea of topless. His exact words were "you already take pics in dental floss the only thing left to the imagination is nips and your hooha" lol. And he was essentially true. The whole "bod is for his eyes" well my bod was already out there. If you're willing to take pics in string bikinis etc then there's nothing different about webcam except its a photo in motion. There's no mandate that webcam must be topless or nude. If you're not comfortable doing topless or nude then certainly don't. But we all take skimpy pics. there's nothing different about sitting down in front of a webcam in the same outfit you'd do a photo shoot in and posing etc.

I know everyone is different and every person has their own boundaries. Personally I refuse to rearrange what I do or do not do for a man. That's absurd in my opinion. I mean I'm guilty of doing that before and that's why I can say i would never do that again. I'd rather be single then be with someone who ONLY wanted to date me if I quit webcam or quit competing etc etc. Because if you really sit back and think about it, this "fitness industry" we all participate in (in one way or another) is 100% looks oriented. Pics in skimpy bikinis, stage shots in bikinis, being judged on our bodies, nude photos, webcam, session work WHATEVER you do- it's pertinent to your body. A man who cannot handle that has no place in my life. It might sound bitchy to say that, but I feel that the choices I make are choices I make for me, and if along the way I meet someone wonderful who wants to be a part of my life and support and encourage me then great- but being with someone shouldnt involve changing who you are or what you do. I make no bones about hiding that I webcam and so I'm open to discussing it and answering questions etc....

Personally I don't think there's anything bad about what I do. Men date strippers, porn stars, female escorts etc and IMO webcam is nowhere near that. I understand that culturally its a bit of a radical idea and that in general showing the body can be taboo for lots of people ( the whole "my eyes only" mentality) but I just disagree. I don't think nudity is pornographic, I don't think displaying your body is slutty, and I don't think a woman who makes $$ off her looks is any less intelligent or worthwhile then a woman who uses mental strength throughout the day. I think there are tasteful and non tasteful ways to do just about EVERYTHING, nude photos, clothed photos, webcam, etc.

Every relationship is different and obviously if you're in a relationship it would be something that would need to be discussed etc. But if you're not in arelationship I say formulate your own boundaries, decide what works for you, and let the chips fall where they may. The right man will come along :)

I briefly dated a guy who ended up being mr jealous about everything! my cam , photos, if I talked to anyone at a show etc.....he was controlling and insecure! thats why we dated briefly!:cool: Never compromise who you are and what you do...be yourself and the right guy will love you just the way you are.....just have to find someone likeminded on all levels! :)

Alli
01-28-2009, 06:17 PM
I briefly dated a guy who ended up being mr jealous about everything! my cam , photos, if I talked to anyone at a show etc.....he was controlling and insecure! thats why we dated briefly!:cool: Never compromise who you are and what you do...be yourself and the right guy will love you just the way you are.....just have to find someone likeminded on all levels! :)

SO well said Debbie!!!!:bowdown: I've had similar experiences. Men who are jealous tend to be jealous no matter what the boundaries, as you said. If there's mutual respect and understanding and both parties are okay with things theres no need for jealousy. If there's trust there's no room for that kind of issue in a relationship. Controlling and insecure just does not go hand in hand with the fitness industry lol.... period :)

Alli
01-28-2009, 06:18 PM
It has been so interesting to read more about your webcamming. I think our little radio show sparked quite an interest!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!

Speakin of.....you'll be on with me tomorrow night right?

Email/Call me soon busy lady......

xo eryn

Shit yes sorry mad busy day. Email me the transcript etc and let me know what time the call is gonna be! xoxoxo

Lisa
01-29-2009, 12:35 AM
Great thread! I have a few more questions:

1) Does this mean you have to be in full hair & make up everyday? (some days I like to lounge in no makeup & pjs..lol
2) Do you have to invest in a lot of different outfits?
3) Do you ever get tired on sitting at home being on the internet all the time?
4) Do you ever have a loss for words during chat? Like is it hard to come up with interesting shit?
5) Does you check get electronically deposited? How often?
6) Which site do you think is the best one to do this on (PM me on this one if ya want to)i.e most traffic, most money, etc...
7) Do you always have to be in near contest shape? Is offseason ok??

I am strongly considering webcam & have been for a long time.

Thanks everyone....anyone feel free to chime in on these questions...

Lisa

Bernie
01-29-2009, 01:04 AM

1) Does this mean you have to be in full hair & make up everyday? (some days I like to lounge in no makeup & pjs..lol
4) Do you ever have a loss for words during chat? Like is it hard to come up with interesting shit?
6) Which site do you think is the best one to do this on (PM me on this one if ya want to)i.e most traffic, most money, etc...

Lisa

i can answer a couple of these for you.....

1.) some women get all done up to get on cam, some dont. its not a necessity. but it does help. many women will through on a bikini and a bath robe and sit on cam. i have seen performers jump online right after the gym. and on the other hand i have a friend who says she showers and puts on perfume before she gets on. so....yeah.

2.) you can but you dont have to. one person i knwo does very well on cam. has about five pairs of booty shorts, and a hand full of bikini tops. and just mixes and matches. have a couple of tight tee's handy. and you are about set. i meany you can go more indepth, but its really not needed.

3.)

4.) you generally have a flux of people who come in and out. where the real tedium will come is from answering the same half dozen questions repeatedly. if im in the room, you never know what the topic will be...:p there is generally a decent group of guys who like to keep you on your toes, and another group who will talk amoungst themselfs. you may run out of things to say....but i doubt it.

5.)

6.)

7.) webcam performers are wanted in all shapes and sizes. in season, off season, WAY off season, in between.......no need to stay super lean all year round. ive seen women who have been busier in their offseason then they are a week out from a show. there is not magic equation. just jump on and be you.

if you feel like you would be comfortable doing cam, i say go for it. give it a try.

SUPREMEnonGrata
01-29-2009, 02:21 AM

AMEN Debster...ROFL..you know who this is ma...HOLLA! The Most High Exhaulted!

SUPREMEnonGrata
01-29-2009, 02:39 AM

HMMM...is this the Tre Huxtable that tried to wrestle the damsel of damn Christy Resendes?

HDPhysiques-Joe
01-29-2009, 04:13 AM
i can answer a couple of these for you.....

1.) some women get all done up to get on cam, some dont. its not a necessity. but it does help. many women will through on a bikini and a bath robe and sit on cam. i have seen performers jump online right after the gym. and on the other hand i have a friend who says she showers and puts on perfume before she gets on. so....yeah.

2.) you can but you dont have to. one person i knwo does very well on cam. has about five pairs of booty shorts, and a hand full of bikini tops. and just mixes and matches. have a couple of tight tee's handy. and you are about set. i meany you can go more indepth, but its really not needed.

3.)

4.) you generally have a flux of people who come in and out. where the real tedium will come is from answering the same half dozen questions repeatedly. if im in the room, you never know what the topic will be...:p there is generally a decent group of guys who like to keep you on your toes, and another group who will talk amoungst themselfs. you may run out of things to say....but i doubt it.

5.)

6.)

7.) webcam performers are wanted in all shapes and sizes. in season, off season, WAY off season, in between.......no need to stay super lean all year round. ive seen women who have been busier in their offseason then they are a week out from a show. there is not magic equation. just jump on and be you.

if you feel like you would be comfortable doing cam, i say go for it. give it a try.

I can fill in #6 for you, Bernie. :)

HDPhysiques strongly endorses Genex and James Cook's webcam system, FITVIXENZ.com. We can't say enough positive things about these 2 wonderful guys, and feel they do an outstanding job of supporting the women of the sport.

FemFlex
01-29-2009, 05:37 AM
I can fill in #6 for you, Bernie. :)

HDPhysiques strongly endorses Genex and James Cook's webcam system, FITVIXENZ.com. We can't say enough positive things about these 2 wonderful guys, and feel they do an outstanding job of supporting the women of the sport.

I know that James runs a webcam system, but I'm pretty sure that GeneX is a photographer and not a webcam operator.

Both men are highly respected - and rightfully so - by their peers, fans, and the athletes.

Lisa
01-29-2009, 06:22 AM
That is great to hear because I had a shoot by Gene, he was awesome, and James nad I have been talking about setting it all up lately!
Thanks....

NOW LETS TALK HARDWARE & SOFTWARE:

What would one need computer wise to make this happen?

Thanks!
Lisa

herbiceps
01-29-2009, 07:34 AM
Hey y'all...just saw this thread and read through it quickly...great job by Alli and Debbie and the rest of you to give out some good information.

As an owner/operator of HerBicepsCam.com, I'd like to make a few points about both the good and the bad of webcam for anybody who cares enough to have made it this far in the thread.

-- Nobody has to do anything they are uncomfortable with on webcam, that is you run your own room and can set up your own rules for what you'd like to wear, what requests you're willing to grant, and what topics are kosher to discuss in your room. In short, each webcam performer is given a room and a stream of customers and its up to them what to make of it.

-- At my site (HBCam), we allow performers to do topless shows in what we call "fantasy" chat. But by no means is anybody required to offer that in order to be on our cam site. To the contrary, many of our highest webcam earners don't do topless at all and never would. A few examples are Britt Miller, Cindy Phillips and Mindi O'Brien none of whom ever did a topless show but all of whom are able to go on the site and make well over $100/hr.

-- Every performer has their own strengths and they should lead with their best foot. We have all sorts of fans on the site, those that want to see HUGE female bodybuilders and those that want to only see LITTLE natural muscle type figure competitors. The one thing that most of our customers have in common is that they mostly are interested in some facet of muscularity whether it be big, small, tall, wide, whatever. It may or may not surprise you to learn that quite often amateur figure competitors that don't even go topless on HBCam pull in 2-3x the hourly rate of some IFBB pro female bodybuilders that do go topless. And the opposite can be true as well.

-- But make no mistake about it, webcam girls are objects of desire...just like any model is...the difference is the full-on interaction with the guys that dig you. If you are going to be grossed out by a fan mentioning to you that you that he's physically excited, then webcam probably isn't for you. You should, at the very least, understand that the context of the site is a draw for men that have some kind of sexual fetish preferring fit/athletic/muscular women and even tough most of our customers are polite, there shouldn't be any mistaking their desires and the fact that not everybody is polite in expressing themselves.

-- You will also get explicit requests. You will get weird requests. You will get asked all sorts of inappropriate questions. Its how you deal with these things that largely determines how well you do and how happy you are on cam. If you can handle yourself well and take an interest in what makes some of these folks tick, then you can turn a strange question into a deep conversation. But also, you'll probably spend a lot of time discussing travelling, weather, jobs, movies, etc etc. Basically, some guys are going to want you to play into specific or general sexual fantasy areas while others will be there simply to try and make friends with you. Both types of customers have their advantages and both can become regulars if you get along with them well. It all depends on the vibe in your room and how you handle yourself....and its up to you to decide how to handle things and whether you want to explore certain topics. Either way, webcam isn't going to be for you if you're easily shocked or have delicate sensibilities. However, if you can take the bull by the horns, then you'll be right at home.

-- If you are a teacher or want to go into politics or can not bear the thought of anybody ever finding out that you may have posed for a webcam site to make some extra money, then webcam is probably not for you....if you don't like to flex your arms or your muscles in general, then webcam probably isn't going to be for you

-- We do have over 300 performers on HBCam...you probably know some of them...all types from pros to amateurs...young and old...etc etc...so you aren't joining that small of a club if you do decide you want to give it a try

-- Basically, if you'd like to make some extra money on the side without any big time commitment, you're good with people, like being on camera, are good-looking and have good muscle features of any size, then webcam might be for you. How much money is really dependent on who you are, what you look like, how you are with people in a chatroom setting, whether you are good at making friends instantly and building rapport with the guys. Some girls don't make much at all and they find out pretty quickly that's the case. Some make a ton of money on cam and it comes easy to them and they couldn't be happier. And many just do ok, and feel indifferent about the time they spend on the site. I've had girls make well over $10k in a month on webcam (more than a handful) and I've had girls make less than $20/hr on cam. If you write to me and want an honest guess, I'll be happy to give you one...but it'll just be a guess.

-- As to which webcam site you should try on, I'm obviously biased. My advice would be to sign up at more than one of the sites and then see where you make the most money. You can ask somebody like Debbie or Alli where they do well or which sites they'd suggest trying...or try them all and test to see where you make the most money. You can go to any of the sites at any time of day and see how active they are.

-- How does one get started? Email the webmaster at HerBicepsCam.com, SheMuscleLive.com, FitVidz.com (to name three of the biggest sites) or any other site you find...let them know you are interested, send a picture or two if they don't know who you are and introduce yourself. I think we're all mostly willing to give most any competitor a chance to be on the site.

-- Hardware necessary...a high speed internet connection, a fairly modern computer (windows xp, vista or a mac), and an actual webcam. If you don't have a webcam, they cost about $100 (give or take) at any electronics store.

-- Payments...can only speak for myself, we pay our performers 2x per month (min: $100 for a payout) by either Direct Deposit or check...and internationally, by bank wire instead of Direct Deposit.

Other perks...

-- Tax-free earnings...if you compete, this can be a great way to earn some money that is tax-free...this isn't official tax advice, so you should have an accountant and get him to set this up for you...but most I believe will advise you that you can write off many of your competition and training expenses, some of your computer/internet expenses and even some hair/makeup/clothes against your webcam earnings. For many of our performers that spend a lot doing figure and bodybuilding, they can earn many thousands of dollars as a contractor for us before effectively turning a profit on the business of being a competitor. In these times, ever dollar counts. Note that you couldn't do the same with any old second job.

-- 100% flexibility in terms of scheduling and commitment....there's no obligation to perform a certain number of hours, there's no schedule, you just go on however much you like...its like having your own business that you can open up at will...and you can earn money 24 hours a day. Right this second as I'm writing this, its a little past 3am on the east coast and there are 7 performers online all chatting with customers 4 of which are earning money in private. So insomniacs are welcome to apply :)

--There's a reason so many girls do webcam and its because it can be lucrative and I do think a lot of the girls have fun with it. There's at least a few dozen Sioux Country board members that work on my site alone and I'm really proud to say that its my belief that through our webcam site we single-handedly help put more money into female competitors pockets than any business has in history. In 2008 alone, I'm happy to say we paid out well over 1 million dollars to our performers.

Feel free to email me with any questions if you want to talk to a site owner...I try not to paint too rosy a picture on webcam...its definitely NOT for everybody...but it is relatively easy to give it a try and see if its for you.

--Mike
HerBicepsCam@gmail.com

HDPhysiques-Joe
01-29-2009, 08:22 AM
-- Tax-free earnings...if you compete, this can be a great way to earn some money that is tax-free...this isn't official tax advice, so you should have an accountant and get him to set this up for you...but most I believe will advise you that you can write off many of your competition and training expenses, some of your computer/internet expenses and even some hair/makeup/clothes against your webcam earnings. For many of our performers that spend a lot doing figure and bodybuilding, they can earn many thousands of dollars as a contractor for us before effectively turning a profit on the business of being a competitor. In these times, ever dollar counts. Note that you couldn't do the same with any old second job.

Mike, Overall, an excellent post full of quality information. However, I do need to point out this potential area of disagreement as it might get *some* girls into some trouble.

Your point above about taxes is not accurate, if one is to read the US Tax code word for word, line for line. First of all, "tax free earnings" is not what you probably meant. The earnings are most definitely taxable, it is EARNED INCOME. Now, what you are referring to is Deductions/write offs, some of which is a valid point, but much of it is not. As a husband of a webcam performer on FitVixenz.com (not FitVidz as you erroneously stated in your post), we have been through these tax issues with our accountant thoroughly each year to see what we can and cannot deduct.

Every accountant or lawyer may give different advice, but after working with an Enrolled Agent (for those who don't know the difference between an enrolled agent and a CPA, an EA is actually far more in touch with the tax code, and their test is administered by the IRS, as opposed to CPA's, who are more specialized in business accounting procedures, etc... both are qualified to represent someone in front of the IRS while in an audit, but Enrolled Agents are far better at covering your ass, as they are much more in touch with the actual IRS/tax code and how the IRS will likely rule in an audit). It basically depends on your accountant or lawyer on how strictly they make you follow the tax code and how much they let one get away with in terms of deductions, but GENERALLY SPEAKING, almost NONE of the costs related to competing, or the costs associated with performing on webcam, are ellligible for write offs.

For instance... a performer can NOT write off the cost of her webcam outfits, makeup, NPC card fees, contest entrance fees, etc.... NONE OF THAT, unless they are DIRECTLY related to the generation of that income. The reason is.... card fees/contest things are considered hobbies up until the point you are professional, and those costs are NOT related to and DIRECTLY REQUIRED to the production of the webcam income. One can do webcam without being a competitor in any given tax year. The same thing with the clothes.... it has to be considered a UNIFORM or something that not only is 100% REQUIRED in order to produce that income, but ALSO, something that cannot be used in another function outside that particular workplace (in this case, the webcam).

Examples of NOT ELLIGIBLE FOR WRITE OFF:
***A girl who wants to write off a bikini or lingerie that she poses in on webcam cannot write the cost of it off, because it's something that could be worn on South Beach on vacation, or in the bedroom, etc....

***A girl who wants to write off a sports bra cannot do so because it's something that can be used while working out, or worn under clothing while doing any other function throughout her day. It's not a required outfit necessary to generate that income.

*** gym memberships, personal training fees, supplements - all of those things may help you look better, but none are REQUIRED and directly related to the income generated on cam.

Example of something that IS elligible for write off:
*** A Best Buy employee CAN write off the cost of her blue shirt, because it meets both requirements 1) - it's directly required to generate the income, and 2) it's not something a normal person would wear in outside the workplace situations.

*** The cost of computer equipment or the camera itself - The camera is likely fully deductible, while the computer will be also, if ONLY used for the generation of revenue. If it's also used for the kids homework, or entertainment purposes, then an estimated % of it can be deducted and/or depreciated.

So, while there may be COUNTLESS accountants out there that DO say it's OK to write off things like webcam outfits or NPC cards... they are likely incorrect and not grasping the full understanding of how the items are used/not used, and according to the Enrolled Agents who specialize in US tax code, it is not allowed. I'm not telling girls to not TRY to write things off, but just don't be surprised if you have to pay all of it back if you get audited some day.

picsman
01-29-2009, 10:44 AM
Mike, Overall, an excellent post full of quality information. However, I do need to point out this potential area of disagreement as it might get *some* girls into some trouble.

Your point above about taxes is not accurate, if one is to read the US Tax code word for word, line for line. First of all, "tax free earnings" is not what you probably meant. The earnings are most definitely taxable, it is EARNED INCOME. Now, what you are referring to is Deductions/write offs, some of which is a valid point, but much of it is not. As a husband of a webcam performer on FitVixenz.com (not FitVidz as you erroneously stated in your post), we have been through these tax issues with our accountant thoroughly each year to see what we can and cannot deduct.

Every accountant or lawyer may give different advice, but after working with an Enrolled Agent (for those who don't know the difference between an enrolled agent and a CPA, an EA is actually far more in touch with the tax code, and their test is administered by the IRS, as opposed to CPA's, who are more specialized in business accounting procedures, etc... both are qualified to represent someone in front of the IRS while in an audit, but Enrolled Agents are far better at covering your ass, as they are much more in touch with the actual IRS/tax code and how the IRS will likely rule in an audit). It basically depends on your accountant or lawyer on how strictly they make you follow the tax code and how much they let one get away with in terms of deductions, but GENERALLY SPEAKING, almost NONE of the costs related to competing, or the costs associated with performing on webcam, are ellligible for write offs.

For instance... a performer can NOT write off the cost of her webcam outfits, makeup, NPC card fees, contest entrance fees, etc.... NONE OF THAT, unless they are DIRECTLY related to the generation of that income. The reason is.... card fees/contest things are considered hobbies up until the point you are professional, and those costs are NOT related to and DIRECTLY REQUIRED to the production of the webcam income. One can do webcam without being a competitor in any given tax year. The same thing with the clothes.... it has to be considered a UNIFORM or something that not only is 100% REQUIRED in order to produce that income, but ALSO, something that cannot be used in another function outside that particular workplace (in this case, the webcam).

Examples of NOT ELLIGIBLE FOR WRITE OFF:
***A girl who wants to write off a bikini or lingerie that she poses in on webcam cannot write the cost of it off, because it's something that could be worn on South Beach on vacation, or in the bedroom, etc....

***A girl who wants to write off a sports bra cannot do so because it's something that can be used while working out, or worn under clothing while doing any other function throughout her day. It's not a required outfit necessary to generate that income.

*** gym memberships, personal training fees, supplements - all of those things may help you look better, but none are REQUIRED and directly related to the income generated on cam.

Example of something that IS elligible for write off:
*** A Best Buy employee CAN write off the cost of her blue shirt, because it meets both requirements 1) - it's directly required to generate the income, and 2) it's not something a normal person would wear in outside the workplace situations.

*** The cost of computer equipment or the camera itself - The camera is likely fully deductible, while the computer will be also, if ONLY used for the generation of revenue. If it's also used for the kids homework, or entertainment purposes, then an estimated % of it can be deducted and/or depreciated.

So, while there may be COUNTLESS accountants out there that DO say it's OK to write off things like webcam outfits or NPC cards... they are likely incorrect and not grasping the full understanding of how the items are used/not used, and according to the Enrolled Agents who specialize in US tax code, it is not allowed. I'm not telling girls to not TRY to write things off, but just don't be surprised if you have to pay all of it back if you get audited some day.
Excellent advice.....:bowdown:

Oh and mike....how much could I make on your webcam?:spit:

herbiceps
01-29-2009, 10:51 AM
I'll just suggest everybody find a good accountant and seek out the best advice possible...and suggest that nobody rely on either my thoughts or Joe's thoughts in regard to the tax law...I did mean that I thought income from cam and modeling for that matter could be deducted against the income...not that its inherently tax-free...so whatever your accountant might agree is deductable in terms of expenses...which according to some, may not be much...though I do know of some guys I consider to be good accountants that advise taking deductions

I'm sure different experts will give different opinions on what should or should not be written off...and I don't want to take this thread too far off on a tangential note

George, you can spend money...but would have a hard time getting past the screening process to become a performer...although I have to admit, I wouldn't mind seeing you topless if your rates were reasonable

Alli
01-29-2009, 12:21 PM

Get on cam in whatever you're wearing. I always do. Lots of times thats NO makeup.
2) Do you have to invest in a lot of different outfits? I reccommen d a few but its more about your physique then what you're wearing
OF COURSE- and on those days I try to not work as much or I get out of the house etc. ITs like any other job- up days and down days...

Never

I can only speak for the two site I cam for. HBC pays every two weeks and offers paper check or electronic deposit. I use direct deposit. SML pays every week and is deposited into my account ever Friday like clockwork. I get an email confirmation that the desposit was processed Monday of every week and Friday of every week its in my bank account.

Without a doubt HBC is the biggest. Hands down, I don't care what everyone else says. I work for SML too and I make GREAT money there but there isn't as much traffic as there is on HBC. I make good money on both sites.
Some guys LOVE contest shape and others love off season. I have guys who wont chat with me unless I'm off season so it depends....and of course I have guys who sit around and wait to unload their credit till I'm ripped. These guys love muscle, on season off seaosn etc.... no worries there.

Lisa[/QUOTE]

Alli
01-29-2009, 12:22 PM
Hey y'all...just saw this thread and read through it quickly...great job by Alli and Debbie and the rest of you to give out some good information.

As an owner/operator of HerBicepsCam.com, I'd like to make a few points about both the good and the bad of webcam for anybody who cares enough to have made it this far in the thread.

-- Nobody has to do anything they are uncomfortable with on webcam, that is you run your own room and can set up your own rules for what you'd like to wear, what requests you're willing to grant, and what topics are kosher to discuss in your room. In short, each webcam performer is given a room and a stream of customers and its up to them what to make of it.

-- At my site (HBCam), we allow performers to do topless shows in what we call "fantasy" chat. But by no means is anybody required to offer that in order to be on our cam site. To the contrary, many of our highest webcam earners don't do topless at all and never would. A few examples are Britt Miller, Cindy Phillips and Mindi O'Brien none of whom ever did a topless show but all of whom are able to go on the site and make well over $100/hr.

-- Every performer has their own strengths and they should lead with their best foot. We have all sorts of fans on the site, those that want to see HUGE female bodybuilders and those that want to only see LITTLE natural muscle type figure competitors. The one thing that most of our customers have in common is that they mostly are interested in some facet of muscularity whether it be big, small, tall, wide, whatever. It may or may not surprise you to learn that quite often amateur figure competitors that don't even go topless on HBCam pull in 2-3x the hourly rate of some IFBB pro female bodybuilders that do go topless. And the opposite can be true as well.

-- But make no mistake about it, webcam girls are objects of desire...just like any model is...the difference is the full-on interaction with the guys that dig you. If you are going to be grossed out by a fan mentioning to you that you that he's physically excited, then webcam probably isn't for you. You should, at the very least, understand that the context of the site is a draw for men that have some kind of sexual fetish preferring fit/athletic/muscular women and even tough most of our customers are polite, there shouldn't be any mistaking their desires and the fact that not everybody is polite in expressing themselves.

-- You will also get explicit requests. You will get weird requests. You will get asked all sorts of inappropriate questions. Its how you deal with these things that largely determines how well you do and how happy you are on cam. If you can handle yourself well and take an interest in what makes some of these folks tick, then you can turn a strange question into a deep conversation. But also, you'll probably spend a lot of time discussing travelling, weather, jobs, movies, etc etc. Basically, some guys are going to want you to play into specific or general sexual fantasy areas while others will be there simply to try and make friends with you. Both types of customers have their advantages and both can become regulars if you get along with them well. It all depends on the vibe in your room and how you handle yourself....and its up to you to decide how to handle things and whether you want to explore certain topics. Either way, webcam isn't going to be for you if you're easily shocked or have delicate sensibilities. However, if you can take the bull by the horns, then you'll be right at home.

-- If you are a teacher or want to go into politics or can not bear the thought of anybody ever finding out that you may have posed for a webcam site to make some extra money, then webcam is probably not for you....if you don't like to flex your arms or your muscles in general, then webcam probably isn't going to be for you

-- We do have over 300 performers on HBCam...you probably know some of them...all types from pros to amateurs...young and old...etc etc...so you aren't joining that small of a club if you do decide you want to give it a try

-- Basically, if you'd like to make some extra money on the side without any big time commitment, you're good with people, like being on camera, are good-looking and have good muscle features of any size, then webcam might be for you. How much money is really dependent on who you are, what you look like, how you are with people in a chatroom setting, whether you are good at making friends instantly and building rapport with the guys. Some girls don't make much at all and they find out pretty quickly that's the case. Some make a ton of money on cam and it comes easy to them and they couldn't be happier. And many just do ok, and feel indifferent about the time they spend on the site. I've had girls make well over $10k in a month on webcam (more than a handful) and I've had girls make less than $20/hr on cam. If you write to me and want an honest guess, I'll be happy to give you one...but it'll just be a guess.

-- As to which webcam site you should try on, I'm obviously biased. My advice would be to sign up at more than one of the sites and then see where you make the most money. You can ask somebody like Debbie or Alli where they do well or which sites they'd suggest trying...or try them all and test to see where you make the most money. You can go to any of the sites at any time of day and see how active they are.

-- How does one get started? Email the webmaster at HerBicepsCam.com, SheMuscleLive.com, FitVidz.com (to name three of the biggest sites) or any other site you find...let them know you are interested, send a picture or two if they don't know who you are and introduce yourself. I think we're all mostly willing to give most any competitor a chance to be on the site.

-- Hardware necessary...a high speed internet connection, a fairly modern computer (windows xp, vista or a mac), and an actual webcam. If you don't have a webcam, they cost about $100 (give or take) at any electronics store.

-- Payments...can only speak for myself, we pay our performers 2x per month (min: $100 for a payout) by either Direct Deposit or check...and internationally, by bank wire instead of Direct Deposit.

Other perks...

-- 100% flexibility in terms of scheduling and commitment....there's no obligation to perform a certain number of hours, there's no schedule, you just go on however much you like...its like having your own business that you can open up at will...and you can earn money 24 hours a day. Right this second as I'm writing this, its a little past 3am on the east coast and there are 7 performers online all chatting with customers 4 of which are earning money in private. So insomniacs are welcome to apply :)

--There's a reason so many girls do webcam and its because it can be lucrative and I do think a lot of the girls have fun with it. There's at least a few dozen Sioux Country board members that work on my site alone and I'm really proud to say that its my belief that through our webcam site we single-handedly help put more money into female competitors pockets than any business has in history. In 2008 alone, I'm happy to say we paid out well over 1 million dollars to our performers.

Feel free to email me with any questions if you want to talk to a site owner...I try not to paint too rosy a picture on webcam...its definitely NOT for everybody...but it is relatively easy to give it a try and see if its for you.

--Mike
HerBicepsCam@gmail.com

EVERYONE READ THIS! **** Great info!

Alli
01-29-2009, 12:23 PM
That is great to hear because I had a shoot by Gene, he was awesome, and James nad I have been talking about setting it all up lately!
Thanks....

NOW LETS TALK HARDWARE & SOFTWARE:

What would one need computer wise to make this happen?

Thanks!
Lisa

A GOOD webcam (I recommend an HD cam if you can afford one, I have two) and a solid internet connection. BEar in mind you're running streaming video so your internet connection needs to be fast and reliable. I use my laptop...but I connect diretly to my modem I do not use wireless. I have two webcams, one built into my laptop (Crystal Eye HD Cam) and another which is free standing and its a Microsoft Wide Lens HD Cam that works specifically well in lowlight cause I cam at night a lot......

FemFlex
01-29-2009, 12:44 PM

I think Bernie did a great job answering several of your questions, so I'll just add a few thoughts as well:

1) It's entirely up to you. Many performers treat it like a job and won't go on unless they're made up. Others may try to create a more relaxed environment by going online 'as is' and still others may do some combination of both.

I (personally) recommend taking the few minutes necessary to make sure you're looking good before you get on. I also advise against wearing baggy clothing, especially big tops. Potential customers want to see your physique and having 'big' clothing on gets in the way of that.

2) No, what you have in your closet is fine. Maybe you'd like to a special 'themed' event 1-2 times a month, though...again, that's up to you. Our customers do not expect you to wear something different every time.

3) Strike a balance. If you're having a really slow day, just log off and come back later. If you're feeling burnt out, take a few days off from cam. You don't want to go online looking like you wish you were someplace else. Your visitors are perceptive and will pick up on that.

4) You'll be surprised at how your room develops. Each performer's free chatroom is a community of its own and many of the guys who never do a paid chat session contribute to that as well. If you run a fun room, people are going to want to be there. And people that aren't customers today may end up being customers in the future, because they enjoyed the environment you created in your room.

5) You're in the U.S. so, as Mike already pointed out for HBC, you'd be paid twice a month by direct deposit as long as you meet the minimum threshold of $100 per pay period. We close our pay periods on the 15th and final day of each month.

6) You can check out all the sites at various times of the day and night to see how their traffic ranks. We've always suggested that performers try other sites and then go most often to the one which meets their needs the best. HBC is a good place to start. ;)

7) There's a fan for (almost) every level of conditioning.

Well, what are we waiting for? Let's get ya goin'! ;)

FemFlex
01-29-2009, 01:01 PM
HMMM...is this the Tre Huxtable that tried to wrestle the damsel of damn Christy Resendes?

SUPREME!!!!!!!!

LOL - whatcha up to, man? Glad to see ya here. Yes, Christy is indeed all that and much, much more. :)

Be sure to check out the exciting lineup we'll have for you this weekend at Muscle Mansion. I know this isn't the special events advertising thread, but this one is too good NOT to promote, because it's never been done before...a Super Bowl musclegirl party featuring 4 of the hottest, baddest women on the planet.

Brought to you exclusively by HBC. This is the halftime show you will not want to miss!

debbiebramwell
01-29-2009, 02:41 PM

Other perks...

--Mike
HerBicepsCam@gmail.com

great honest open post! good job! this is exactly what I wanted for the girls to read.....I am on both hb and fitvidz....and reccomend them both!
also.........important info which I did not know....is you need to get a business license.........I didnt know and after a few years got slapped with a large tax fine .......back pay for license fees($34 a year in san diego) and penalites which were waaay more then the license fee............what do you know about this mike or tre......
as far as right offs....its confusing now...my tax guy writes alot of things off...Ill have to check with him...

HDPhysiques-Joe
01-29-2009, 06:33 PM
as far as right offs....its confusing now...my tax guy writes alot of things off...Ill have to check with him...

CPA's, and "tax guys" often allow lots of write offs. But the bottom line, as I stated in my post, is that VERY few of them actually understand what is truly ALLOWED as a write off according to the tax code, and a lot of these things that they tell girls they can write off (NPC card, contest fees, makeup & hair expenses, suits, outfits, etc...) are NOT ALLOWED AT ALL. That's why I recommend an "ENROLLED AGENT" as your tax advisor if you are in this type of business, over a CPA or lawyer. If you are audited by the IRS, say 2-3 years from now, you could end up having to pay a TON of those write-offs back and it could get costly real quick. And your "tax guy", while they may be able to represent you in an audit, and take the heat if the IRS comes down on you and prevent you from paying hefty FINES or going to jail (in addition to what you have to pay back, period), would face penalties from the IRS as well, if they allow you to get away with deductions that really aren't allowed by law. It basically comes down to how strict the IRS agents who perform your audit want to be. More and more, given the massive gov't deficits, they are going to take a harder line and expect money to be paid back to them if they feel you were taking deductions that you shouldn't have. If they find ONE THING, then be prepared for them to dig deeper and deeper into your records. This wasn't a big deal just a few years ago, when most models were just making a few hundred, or maybe a couple thou each year (if they're a top of the line model) on photoshoots. But now with webcam, girls are earning well into the thousands (especially girls like Alli who do it as their fulltime job), and keeping pristine records for taxes, and getting sound tax advice, is more important than ever.

HDPhysiques-Joe
01-29-2009, 06:41 PM
Without a doubt HBC is the biggest. Hands down, I don't care what everyone else says. I work for SML too and I make GREAT money there but there isn't as much traffic as there is on HBC. I make good money on both sites.

This is true about traffic, but in the interest of keeping this thread fair and balanced for all cam sites, I will use the analogy I usually use when comparing paysites, and webcam sites.

McDonalds also has more traffic and makes more money than most other restaurants in the food biz. That doesn't mean it's the right choice for everyone. Some sites are volume driven, while others are quality driven and cater to bigger spenders, or higher-end customers.

FitVixenz is the Morton's or Ruth's Chris Steakhouse of the webcam industry, due to their impeccable customer service, and the top shelf treatment of the women, and HDPhysiques encourages all potential webcam women to give Genex and James Cook at Fitvixenz.com a try if they are considering webcam.

The Beast
01-29-2009, 07:17 PM
This is true about traffic, but in the interest of keeping this thread fair and balanced for all cam sites, I will use the analogy I usually use when comparing paysites, and webcam sites.

McDonalds also has more traffic and makes more money than most other restaurants in the food biz. That doesn't mean it's the right choice for everyone. Some sites are volume driven, while others are quality driven and cater to bigger spenders, or higher-end customers.

FitVixenz is the Morton's or Ruth's Chris Steakhouse of the webcam industry, due to their impeccable customer service, and the top shelf treatment of the women, and HDPhysiques encourages all potential webcam women to give Genex and James Cook at Fitvixenz.com a try if they are considering webcam.

Wow! Those are some loaded words! I am not quite sure why you make the analogy and I would think that there are dozens of performers that may disagree with your statement.

I do agree that herbicepscam.com has the most volume...this is the reason that we have so many fabulous models, hmmm like the Cheesecake Factory-hundreds of choices for all that you may crave.

HDPhysiques-Joe
01-29-2009, 07:25 PM
Wow! Those are some loaded words! I am not quite sure why you make the analogy and I would think that there are dozens of performers that may disagree with your statement.

I do agree that herbicepscam.com has the most volume...this is the reason that we have so many fabulous models, hmmm like the Cheesecake Factory-hundreds of choices for all that you may crave.

Don't read too much into it, Jen. Like I said, just keeping it fair and balanced. FitVixenz does not have a representative here, and I think it would be doing many of the girls here a disservice to not point out the attributes of James and Gene's fine business.

Since you are employed by HBC, I understand that you might disagree with something that paints a competitive site in a favorable light, but I'm not saying that HBC = McDonalds. I *do* know from experience and performer word of mouth, that FitVixenz customers are typically bigger spenders than many other cam sites, so while traffic may be lower, there is still great earning potential for many women on FitVixenz.com and therefore that site should not be left out of this discussion. And there's no denying that I've never heard anyone say a bad thing about James and Gene. Just saying that girls should pay them a serious look if considering camming.

Hope all is well in Chi-town.

picsman
01-29-2009, 07:39 PM
Don't read too much into it, Jen. Like I said, just keeping it fair and balanced. FitVixenz does not have a representative here, and I think it would be doing many of the girls here a disservice to not point out the attributes of James and Gene's fine business.

Since you are employed by HBC, I understand that you might disagree with something that paints a competitive site in a favorable light, but I'm not saying that HBC = McDonalds. I *do* know from experience and performer word of mouth, that FitVixenz customers are typically bigger spenders than many other cam sites, so while traffic may be lower, there is still great earning potential for many women on FitVixenz.com and therefore that site should not be left out of this discussion. And there's no denying that I've never heard anyone say a bad thing about James and Gene. Just saying that girls should pay them a serious look if considering camming.

Just so you all know...I'll be making my very first appearance on webcam in the spring of 2009 and I'll get HDP to film it for podcasts.........not...:spit:

Lisa
01-29-2009, 08:33 PM
GREAT INFO EVERYONE, thanks for answering a lot of my questions, gang!

About Georges appearance: lol, got me thinking, do a lot of men BB do web cam work too, and is it mostly for the gay community?:nuts: just wondering.....

Bernie
01-29-2009, 08:36 PM
ok, ill chime in on one quick thing.

the difference between the traffic on HB and Fitvixens, is due to two things....pretty much.

number one. right around August/September, but Herbicepscam and Fitvixens changed software. at that time HB changed to the software, that they are both running now. Fitvixens went with a different software, of the following year, the site was totally unpredictable, would be down for days on end. performers had issues logging back in after privates, or at all. and just all sorts of stuff. people just stopped going there. i know i did. so, HB's traffic increased, and FV had a handful of dedicated customers, and that was about it. i dont know the dates for sure, but if i recall correctly, about 6 months ago, they switched software again. to what they have now. and the site is 100% more reliable, and works smoothly. but have not worked to regain the customers they lost.

number 2. fitvixens simply does not have the online pressance that Herbicepscam does. while Mike, Tre, and Jen, are all over websites, promoting and answering questions when and where needed. i have never seen James at a site promoting his cam service. he may mention it to the women, to become performers. but he does not market it well to the customers. wheres as Herbiceps does to an extent.

it has nothing to do with comparing McDonalds to Ruth's Cris. it would be like comparing a Denny's right next to LAX to one in Willows Ca.(small farm town north of Sacramento.) next to LAX they have a higher flow of customers, soley based on location, and area/population effected by advirtisement...eventhough they both offer the same goods and services. using the exact same format.

Lisa
01-29-2009, 08:43 PM
James approached me via private email....but I do notice when I go on there nearlyy all models appear "offline".....

So that brings me to my next question:

What time is the best time for traffic (realizing all diff times zones across the world)....is there a "general" time that is best across the board for traffic?

ISABELLE TURELL
01-29-2009, 08:43 PM
I too have done cam off and on since it started, and its a great way to earn some extra cash. Its also great posing practice lol.

Bernie
01-29-2009, 08:49 PM
time, well on HB there is almost always someone on, right now there are 10 performers online....i go look at fitvidz...0.

as far as good times, since you are pacific, anywhere from 9-1. lunchtimes for the time zones.....then anywhere from like 3pm-midnight. easterns get off work, til whenever you stay up til.

HB has a lot of foreign members as well, so there is really not a bad time per say. but i would shoot for the two basics, what would be a lunch time across the US, and what would be a time someone would get off work, until bedtime across the US.

The Beast
01-29-2009, 09:27 PM
James approached me via private email....but I do
What time is the best time for traffic (realizing all diff times zones across the world)....is there a "general" time that is best across the board for traffic?

Bernie was totally correct in saying there is really no bad time...the busiest times online will usually be in the evening and weekends tend to be more active as well. We do have a big European presence which fills out the rest of the time. Normally I will tell models to work it into your schedule and you will find regular clients, then if you mix it up ever now and then you can hit a different group of members for variety.

The Beast
01-29-2009, 09:28 PM
I too have done cam off and on since it started, and its a great way to earn some extra cash. Its also great posing practice lol.

This is SOOOO true, camming has vastly improved my skills and confidence on stage.

Bernie
01-29-2009, 09:33 PM
This is SOOOO true, camming has vastly improved my skills and confidence on stage.

as well as your ability to tolerate me....:p

The Beast
01-29-2009, 09:39 PM

hmmm, unfortnately I don't think your comments in general are "Fair and Balanced" Trust me I LOVE Fox News but even I know they are right leaning ;)

We have always encouraged models to try any and all sites and see where they make the most money and where they feel the most comfortable. Gene is a great friend of mine (although he is not directly linked to the webcam) and James and I have a good relationship as well, I have nothing bad to say about them or the site. I don't think anyone in this thread did so I am not sure why HB gets slammed a bit in the process...??

Anyway I am a little protective of herbicepscam.com and of Mike and Tre because I love working for them and I believe in the site. I am truly lucky to be a part of so many competitors and models lives and I don't know anyone whose job is better then mine. My job title is Performer Liaison, my whole reason for being a part of this site is to setup models and make sure they are happy and enjoy their experience online. Sorry if I take a bit of offense.

Things are WONDERFUL here!! I am powerlifting now and going to hopefully kick some St. Louis butt in March.

The Beast
01-29-2009, 09:40 PM
as well as your ability to tolerate me....:p

lol, its been too long Big B

Bernie
01-29-2009, 09:42 PM
lol, its been too long Big B

why yes it has....i just hope your tolerance level hasnt dropped...:p

debbiebramwell
01-29-2009, 10:24 PM
hmmm, unfortnately I don't think your comments in general are "Fair and Balanced" Trust me I LOVE Fox News but even I know they are right leaning ;)

We have always encouraged models to try any and all sites and see where they make the most money and where they feel the most comfortable. Gene is a great friend of mine (although he is not directly linked to the webcam) and James and I have a good relationship as well, I have nothing bad to say about them or the site. I don't think anyone in this thread did so I am not sure why HB gets slammed a bit in the process...??

Anyway I am a little protective of herbicepscam.com and of Mike and Tre because I love working for them and I believe in the site. I am truly lucky to be a part of so many competitors and models lives and I don't know anyone whose job is better then mine. My job title is Performer Liaison, my whole reason for being a part of this site is to setup models and make sure they are happy and enjoy their experience online. Sorry if I take a bit of offense.

Things are WONDERFUL here!! I am powerlifting now and going to hopefully kick some St. Louis butt in March.

I want to jump in here and say jenn would never want to represent anyone if she wasnt completely comfortable with them....she has been wonderful helping me with anything I need....this is a win/win for everyone involved!

That being said I reccomend working for both sites.....I love James...he has always been there for me .....

fitvidz and herbiceps are the 2 best sites......:awesome:

Alli
01-29-2009, 10:33 PM
Joe I adore you and HDPhysiques to bits n pieces but bear with me as I say the following:

I have to disagree with you. The only thing I have to go on is personal experience and my personal experience with HBC has been wonderful. They were the first site I cammed for. Mike called me and walked me through the ENTIRE setup on the phone, explained the ins and outs of it to me, how the software worked, what to expect, helped me fill out my profile etc.

NOW, as you're well aware since I've shared with you- when I signed up to cam on fitvidz or fitcvixens or whatever the name it is now, I GOT NO HELP. No email, no call no nothing. Just a log in confirmation email and I logged in and had NO CLUE what I was doing. So I never went back. The site obviously was not willing to help out a newcomer to cam and therefore I didnt feel it was worth my time. I am sure both GEne and JAmes are wonderful- but in terms of my PERSONAL experience with that site this is all I have to go on and unfortunately it was a huge decisive factor in whether I cammed for them or not. The end result- I never did.

I cam for SML because I know and respect Brian and he has a fabulous team of people working for him. They are precise, on time, and VERY helpful with whatever my needs were- again something I did not receive from fitvidz.

Also- and what the girls may want to consider is this:

SML pays once a week.
HBC pays twice a week.
FitVidz pays once a month.

Which options sound more convenient to you? i would definitely say twice a week or once a week is far more condusive then once a month.

Alli
01-29-2009, 10:34 PM

VERY much agreed. It's improve my skills and confidence in front of the camera for shooots and video work as well...

BTW good to see you here Jen!!!! :) :awesome:

Alli
01-29-2009, 10:36 PM
time, well on HB there is almost always someone on, right now there are 10 performers online....i go look at fitvidz...0.

Very true. Now at times HBC is a bit overcrowded for me and there are too many girls and they spread the users too thinly for my taste- if that's the case I hop to SML for a while and return when there are less girls on.

BUT at any given time there is at least one performer on HBC. I looked just now and there are 18 girls on. I looked on fitvidz and there are none. SML has three.

Alli
01-29-2009, 10:39 PM

SO true Joe.... and I'm glad you are since they do not have a representative here. :) However I do not think HBC needs to be compared as the low end of the camming industry when in all reality I project HBC makes more then SML and Fitvidz combined. Mike states he paid out a million to his cam girls. That doesnt even take into account his 40%, so that million is a FRACTION of what the site grosses. I hardly think that qualifies HBC as getting slammed or talked down upon.

It's great that you mention fitvidz to the girls so they will consider that site!!! I just dont think we need to slam HBC in the process. :p

FemFlex
01-29-2009, 10:42 PM
I don't think anyone in this thread did so I am not sure why HB gets slammed a bit in the process...??

Thanks so much, Jen and Alli.

For whatever reason, Joe cannot get over his obsession with Mike. It dates all the way back to a perceived insult sometime around 2001, but while no one else can even remember what happened, Joe clings to it like certain bitter individuals cling to their religion and guns.

That's unfortunate, because Joe learned better than that during his time working for FemFlex. I taught him the business and that knowledge, combined with his formal business and accounting knowledge have helped him to build a terrific company along with my buddy, David Cooper. He might consider his envy of Mike to be his motivation, but I guarantee he'd be a lot more successful in life, not just in business, if he wasn't so focused on what Mike is doing.

Oops, did I just go off on another tangent?

Well, there you have it, folks. All 3 of the HBC team members have expressed respect and praise for James Cook and FitVixenz and I have given a thumbs-up to HDPhysiques.

Webcam isn't for everyone - which pertains to both performers and viewers - but for those who would like to try it out, either site - or both - is a good place to start.

Alli
01-29-2009, 10:48 PM
Thanks so much, Jen and Alli.

YW my dear:awesome:

The Beast
01-30-2009, 04:53 AM
Alli and Debbie, thanks so much for talking about your experience on webcam! You two did a great job explaining and giving examples...sorry I was late to the party!

If nothing else I have met some amazing women in the past few years that I am lucky to call my friends and you two ladies are among them.

HDPhysiques-Joe
01-30-2009, 11:56 AM
hmmm, unfortnately I don't think your comments in general are "Fair and Balanced"

While I make no secret about endorsing James and Gene's site as the preferred webcam vendor, I think it's fair to say that I'm far less bias on this issue than you are, as you are earning a living from HBC and I have no financial interest in either (other than my spouse's occasional camming on their site).

I don't think anyone in this thread did so I am not sure why HB gets slammed a bit in the process...??

I didn't consider that a slam. I don't disagree that HBC, as a system, makes more money and has more traffic. That's obvious. However, I DO believe that both shemuscle and FitVixenz typically cater to a bigger spending customer on average, so for the girls who have a group of loyal fans, I see and hear that they will typically do better on those sites. HBC is probably going to do better for more of the newbs due to the higher traffic. My observation is generally that at HBC you'll have a much larger base of customers willing to spend just a lil bit of money, while at Fitvixenz you have a smaller, but more loyal base of customers willing to spend much more. Which is why the restaurant analogy was somewhat appropriate and why I feel potential performers should give FV a strong look.

Anyway I am a little protective of herbicepscam.com and of Mike and Tre because I love working for them and I believe in the site.

They are big boys, they will survive. LOL

Sorry if I take a bit of offense.

No need to either apologize, OR take offense. It's a civil discussion of a clear disagreement where we are each stating our points and neither have any desire to budge. I strongly endorse Fitvixenz, you want girls on your site. That ain't gonna change on either end.

Cool - there's a PL meet here or something? We'll be sure to come out and say hello if ya gimme a heads up.

HDPhysiques-Joe
01-30-2009, 12:04 PM
Joe I adore you and HDPhysiques to bits n pieces but bear with me as I say the following:

Thanks Alli... and of course we at HDP LOVE and ADORE you as well, dear!

NOW, as you're well aware since I've shared with you- when I signed up to cam on fitvidz or fitcvixens or whatever the name it is now, I GOT NO HELP. No email, no call no nothing. Just a log in confirmation email and I logged in and had NO CLUE what I was doing. So I never went back. The site obviously was not willing to help out a newcomer to cam and therefore I didnt feel it was worth my time. I am sure both GEne and JAmes are wonderful- but in terms of my PERSONAL experience with that site this is all I have to go on and unfortunately it was a huge decisive factor in whether I cammed for them or not. The end result- I never did.

I'm sorry you had such an experience, Alli. James will have to speak for himself on that issue, but all I can say is that is the polar opposite of EVERY OTHER girl I've ever talked to that has worked with James and Gene. You have YOUR personal experience which is all you can go off of, but I not only have MY personal experience (the wifey, as well as the girls I've setup on cam for James, such as Megan Abshire), but also the feedback from girls such as Debbie Bramwell, who in this very thread has stated how James is always there for her. So while I don't discount or downplay your difficulty, I can say with certainty that it is an exception to the rule of the standard operating procedure at FitVixenz.

HDPhysiques-Joe
01-30-2009, 12:13 PM
SO true Joe.... and I'm glad you are since they do not have a representative here. :) However I do not think HBC needs to be compared as the low end of the camming industry when in all reality I project HBC makes more then SML and Fitvidz combined.

Only those with a vested interest in HBC seem to be complaining about it being the low-end of the camming market. Again, I dont' consider what I said as a slam... I'm pretty sure McDonalds makes more than Ruth's Chris and Mortons combined. McDonalds is a more successful business, in terms of financials. But that doesn't mean that for many people there isn't a good fit for the other businesses that do things a bit differently and have a different clientele.

HDPhysiques-Joe
01-30-2009, 12:24 PM
For whatever reason, Joe cannot get over his obsession with Mike. It dates all the way back to a perceived insult sometime around 2001, but while no one else can even remember what happened, Joe clings to it like certain bitter individuals cling to their religion and guns.

Hilarious. Unfortunately for you, there isn't drama here, bub. I'm entitled to state my opinion on the excellence of James and Genex' FitVixenz.com in this thread just as much as Alli and Jen have a right to turn it into a HBC commercial. Sorry if you don't like that.

That's unfortunate, because Joe learned better than that during his time working for FemFlex. I taught him the business and that knowledge, combined with his formal business and accounting knowledge have helped him to build a terrific company along with my buddy, David Cooper.

While I enjoyed my time working for Femflex (although work might be too strong a word....as that would imply meaningful compensation... lol), I find it quite humours how you tend to take credit for "teaching" me things... You fail to recall how I was shooting Olympia posters for Wayne Demilia back before FitSquad was even a dream of yours. But hey, I get it, you want to milk your connection with HDP owners for all it's worth! :)

Well, there you have it, folks. All 3 of the HBC team members have expressed respect and praise for James Cook and FitVixenz and I have given a thumbs-up to HDPhysiques.

Cool - thanks T! I can give a thumbs up to Femflex now too, since you stole our graphics! ROFL! :)

Alli
01-30-2009, 12:26 PM
Thanks for clarifying Joe... :awesome:

Whether you cam for fitvixenz or HBC or SML or WHATEVER... I just wanted this thread to be a good place where we could discuss cam openly without the tradtional "oooo she said the cam word" stigma. And I'm glad you mentioned fitvixenz etc as I have little to no experience with that site.

And certainly my experience does not encompass ALL of fitvixenz, but being that is IS my person experience it's all I can go on. First impressions are huge to a new cammer, and I was very apprehensive when I initially began doing cam- however like I said Mike was extremly helpful whereas James was not. By the time Brian opened his site I had already had a year of cam under my belt and was well aware of what to expect.... I didnt need the same attention I did when I initially applied to host a chat on Mike's site and James's site.

I can agree with you that the people on SML are generally higher spenders. This is true. Hands down if someone on SML takes me to a chat it's usually to one on one and it's usually for about an hour on average. HOWEVER the frequency of those chats is far less then on HBC. For example yesterday morning I worked from like 9-11ish on HBC and made about $180.00. I may have only had one or two one on ones and they were brief however I had a slew of people signing me in and out of premium, in and out of fantasy chat etc and so it adds up simply because HBC has a higher traffic volume then SML does. Hopefully what I'm saying is making sense.... that YES the average user on SML spends more, BUT HBC has like double the users so in the end I feel it about evens out....

fitlei
01-30-2009, 05:59 PM
When did this become a discussion about which website to cam for? LOL

Thanks Alli for creating this topic... it's definitely answered a lot of my questions... I'll check out all the sites mentioned and see what's up. Thanks again!

:respect:

Alli
01-30-2009, 06:14 PM
When did this become a discussion about which website to cam for? LOL

Thanks Alli for creating this topic... it's definitely answered a lot of my questions... I'll check out all the sites mentioned and see what's up. Thanks again!

:respect:

ANYTIME Lei.... and if you have any other questions hit me up!

cslim
01-30-2009, 06:34 PM
Thank you for the open and honest answers!!!

I too have been asked to be on a cam site and was quite skeptical about it and said no. I thought it was one of those "underground" things that pros and figure chicks aren't "supposed" to do.

I appreciate everyone clearing it up!!

THANK YOU!

andreag
01-30-2009, 07:09 PM
oh man...great thread alli! :awesome:
i also do cam as well. for HB and SML. i was introduced to it from a couple friends that do it as well. before i even tried it i spent a few nights with friends on it to see how it works and all. it was fun but never thought i could do it by myself. im a lil shy sometimes lol. im a graphic designer and always worked the 8-5. paycheck to paycheck. when i moved here to NYC i picked up some freelance graphic work which meant working from home. as work slowed down i really wanted to give webcamming a try. i did, and WOW!!! the graphic design work comes in here & there but now that i do the webcam as well...i will say webcam is probably 60% of my income now. its an awesome way to make money! you set your own hours which works great with training. i used to hit the gym at 5am for cardio then go do my 8-5 then train at night when i would get ready for a show. now things are so much less stressful. i know this isnt a way to make a living forever, but for now it works!!! it gives me the ability to compete, go to school and live a comfortable life.

getting off the aspect of money it has brought out alot in my personality. im telling you, i was always the shy lil cali girl that always covered up and was uncomfortable being in front of the camera or video. thats not the issue anymore hahaha....well maybe sometimes ;)

its not for everyone but if the curiosity has sparked your interest its worth a try.

dennisb5
01-31-2009, 03:24 AM
Interesting thread indeed.

I can only speak about being on the other side, a client on CAM.

I'll say it straight. CAM can at times be an addiction (i.e. an easy way to spend too much money too quickly). Clients/customers really should keep a handle on how much they spend on CAM (keep within a sensible budget). Trust me, you can quickly burn through money on CAM if your not careful and sensible (lesson learnt the hard way).

As always, be sensible and prudent; keep an eye on your spending. Too much of anything is never good.

Get to know the ladies, be respectful.......and most of all have fun!!!

Dennis.

jasons805
01-31-2009, 04:23 AM
Interesting thread indeed.

I can only speak about being on the other side, a client on CAM.

I'll say it straight. CAM can at times be an addiction (i.e. an easy way to spend too much money too quickly). Clients/customers really should keep a handle on how much they spend on CAM (keep within a sensible budget). Trust me, you can quickly burn through money on CAM if your not careful and sensible (lesson learnt the hard way).

As always, be sensible and prudent; keep an eye on your spending. Too much of anything is never good.

Get to know the ladies, be respectful.......and most of all have fun!!!

Dennis.

I have heard of some who have gone through 400 a night and make a little over min wage. It's not always guy's who can afford it spending money on it.

Badgergrl
01-31-2009, 05:02 AM
I have heard of some who have gone through 400 a night and make a little over min wage. It's not always guy's who can afford it spending money on it.

400 a night! Wow...now that is dedication to your muscle fetish! :awesome:

Maybe I'll start up a cammer's rehab to snag some of Mike and Tre's business. ;)

J/K
Good thread!

HDPhysiques-Joe
01-31-2009, 08:43 AM

Maybe I'll start up a cammer's rehab to snag some of Mike and Tre's business. ;)

J/K
Good thread!

What's that about cam performers in rehab? (WINK @ Tre'/Das BIGTIME! - *inside joke, rest 'o y'alls, sorry)

Alli
01-31-2009, 11:33 PM
oh man...great thread alli! :awesome:
i also do cam as well. for HB and SML. i was introduced to it from a couple friends that do it as well. before i even tried it i spent a few nights with friends on it to see how it works and all. it was fun but never thought i could do it by myself. im a lil shy sometimes lol. im a graphic designer and always worked the 8-5. paycheck to paycheck. when i moved here to NYC i picked up some freelance graphic work which meant working from home. as work slowed down i really wanted to give webcamming a try. i did, and WOW!!! the graphic design work comes in here & there but now that i do the webcam as well...i will say webcam is probably 60% of my income now. its an awesome way to make money! you set your own hours which works great with training. i used to hit the gym at 5am for cardio then go do my 8-5 then train at night when i would get ready for a show. now things are so much less stressful. i know this isnt a way to make a living forever, but for now it works!!! it gives me the ability to compete, go to school and live a comfortable life.

getting off the aspect of money it has brought out alot in my personality. im telling you, i was always the shy lil cali girl that always covered up and was uncomfortable being in front of the camera or video. thats not the issue anymore hahaha....well maybe sometimes ;)

its not for everyone but if the curiosity has sparked your interest its worth a try.

REALLY glad you chimed in Andrea- especially being a newcomer to cam- it's GREAT to hear about it from your perspective especially since everyone I know on cam says GREAT things about you, your personality and your physique!!!!

You're always rockin' it on cam girl :):respect:

Alli
01-31-2009, 11:34 PM
What's that about cam performers in rehab? (WINK @ Tre'/Das BIGTIME! - *inside joke, rest 'o y'alls, sorry)

lol Joe... I got it no worries... I can personally say I have had Tre yank me into premium every now and again. He's a blast- we all love Tre. :)

andreag
02-01-2009, 02:30 AM
REALLY glad you chimed in Andrea- especially being a newcomer to cam- it's GREAT to hear about it from your perspective especially since everyone I know on cam says GREAT things about you, your personality and your physique!!!!

You're always rockin' it on cam girl :):respect:

awwww thanks girl...same to you! you are one of the few that i hardly ever see in free chat! u go girl!

cam has its good & its bad days. i always try & have fun with it. hell you have too. sure there are many guys that are fans & supporters but there are plenty of immature kids that get off on trash talk or ridiculous questions. so i just have fun with it & smile.

one more thing is i try & space out the hours i spend on cam. i may do 2-3 hrs a day all at once or 2 hrs and then maybe another 2 later in the evening. i tend to get burned out & when i do it shows on the cam. it can be emotionally draining for me at times. on a busy day on cam it is WORK haha. flexing, posing, smiling, laughing, talking, entertaining. i sometimes sweat my ass off haha! but its fun for the most part & i think its cool that there are so many male fans that love female muscle!
chicks with muscle rule!!!:awesome:

ibarramedia
02-01-2009, 03:07 AM

J/K
Good thread!

Lol@ Cammer's rehab. Way to go Maryann.:lol5::rolf:

KP DIVA
02-01-2009, 03:12 AM
I've gone to the sites but everything I clicked on asked for a password. Is there a site where you can go to see the free chats atleast....or maybe I just didn't know what I was doing:confused:

jasons805
02-01-2009, 03:23 AM
I've gone to the sites but everything I clicked on asked for a password. Is there a site where you can go to see the free chats atleast....or maybe I just didn't know what I was doing:confused:
Most do want you to log in, but you don't have to pay anything or give any credit card numbers so on. Just register, and you can checkout some of the ladies in their free chats say hi and such to get an idea of what is going on. It's like registering for this forum they don't ask for much info.

KP DIVA
02-01-2009, 03:26 AM
Most do want you to log in, but you don't have to pay anything or give any credit card numbers so on. Just register, and you can checkout some of the ladies in their free chats say hi and such to get an idea of what is going on. It's like registering for this forum they don't ask for much info.

OH ok!! Thanks, I'll check it out!!

fbbhubby
02-01-2009, 01:36 PM
-- We do have over 300 performers on HBCam...
In 2008 alone, I'm happy to say we paid out well over 1 million dollars to our performers. --Mike
HerBicepsCam@gmail.com

OK, looking at HBC, it says 276 performers. So the average net per performer in 2008 was about $3600. But there was probably a huge range. Can Mike or Tre give us an average net earnings per logged in hour for performers? Is the average $100/hour? Or $15/hour?

herbiceps
02-01-2009, 06:47 PM
OK, looking at HBC, it says 276 performers. So the average net per performer in 2008 was about $3600. But there was probably a huge range. Can Mike or Tre give us an average net earnings per logged in hour for performers? Is the average $100/hour? Or $15/hour?

Please note I said "well over" meaning I'm not being specific at all with those numbers. Just wanted to indicate that there is a lot of money spent on the webcam site without getting too specific.

I'd say the large majority of the women on my site average $30-100/hr with some notable exceptions above that and some that do quite poorly in comparison. Even for regulars like Alli and Debbie, it can be very swingy.

The amount of time each performer spends online varies greatly as well. I have some women that spend in the 150-200 hours a month range online (their full time job) and I have some that go online very infrequently. So because of that, I don't think average earnings as a statistic is really all that important.

In 2008, we did have a few performers that cleared six figures in earnings and dozens of others that had very healthy overall earnings well into the five figures.

For women that I feel will do very very well on our site, I'm not afraid to predict they'll make $50-100+ an hour. For women I'm not sure about, I'm hesitant to predict what they'll make at all.

Hope that helps...not trying to be vague, but don't want to set expectations too high or too low for a general public audience.

MsGuns
02-01-2009, 09:02 PM
Please note I said "well over" meaning I'm not being specific at all with those numbers. Just wanted to indicate that there is a lot of money spent on the webcam site without getting too specific.

I'd say the large majority of the women on my site average $30-100/hr with some notable exceptions above that and some that do quite poorly in comparison. Even for regulars like Alli and Debbie, it can be very swingy.

The amount of time each performer spends online varies greatly as well. I have some women that spend in the 150-200 hours a month range online (their full time job) and I have some that go online very infrequently. So because of that, I don't think average earnings as a statistic is really all that important.

In 2008, we did have a few performers that cleared six figures in earnings and dozens of others that had very healthy overall earnings well into the five figures.

For women that I feel will do very very well on our site, I'm not afraid to predict they'll make $50-100+ an hour. For women I'm not sure about, I'm hesitant to predict what they'll make at all.

Hope that helps...not trying to be vague, but don't want to set expectations too high or too low for a general public audience.

Mike, Im makin my comeback soon...smile

Alli
02-01-2009, 10:16 PM
Mike's right in saying cam can be very swingy. There are days I spend two hours online and make 200.00 easy. Other days I'm on for a few hours and make like 50.00. Once you're familiar with camming you can get a feel for what the site is like at that time- if it's busy or not, if it's going to be a good dayh or a bad day. If it's slow a lot of times I'll sign off and sign back on at a later time and try again. The good thing with cam is no matter when you sign on someone will be on looking for a girl to chat to. It also helps that I cam for two sites so generally if I'm slow on one site I'll be busy on another....

ricard
02-09-2009, 03:01 AM
With regards to yr previous post re nudity etc:
That is why you are respected by all.

jackie2686
03-21-2009, 03:30 PM
So a couple of my friends do webcams and they love it. I've been on the fence for months and then I came across this thread. Now that ALL my Q's have answered(thx ladise!)... how do I go about the whole thing? Who do I contact? I went to the site but got somewhat confused...

Femphysiquefan
03-21-2009, 06:52 PM
Interesting discussion so far. I had known that webcam existed, but I didn't know exactly what was involved or how it worked. Thanks for the info, everyone!!

ibarramedia
03-21-2009, 07:04 PM
With webcam, you can literally do anything with it. Not just posing or nudity that others think when mentioning webcams. Heck, they can even read the wallstreet journal aloud in front of the webcam, not that anyone would suggest such a boring thing. ;) :p

HDPhysiques-Joe
03-21-2009, 10:59 PM
Who do I contact? I went to the site but got somewhat confused...

Contact James Cook at fitvixenz.com , or Brian Moss at shemusclelive.com

James' email can be found on ftvideo.com or you can use this form here:
http://fitvixenz.com/index.php?_o=Default&_m=contact

Brian's contact form on his site:
http://shemusclelive.com/index.php?_o=Default&_m=contact

HDPhysiques-Joe
03-21-2009, 11:00 PM
.......I had known that webcam existed, but I didn't know exactly what was involved or how it worked....

ROFL ahembullshitahem.....

There, that feels better now.

;) @ J

FemFlex
03-22-2009, 03:16 PM
So a couple of my friends do webcams and they love it. I've been on the fence for months and then I came across this thread. Now that ALL my Q's have answered(thx ladise!)... how do I go about the whole thing? Who do I contact? I went to the site but got somewhat confused...

Send a note to herbicepscam@gmail.com and let us know your name, phone number, and the best time to call (including your time zone!), and either Jen (our Performer Liaison), Mike, or I will give you a call to discuss HerBicepsCam and see about possibly getting you started on our system.

Chawk1
03-22-2009, 05:52 PM
I am curious if any of the ladies have had issues with your spouses or b/f's around your camming??
I have nothing against it but i have a feeling my hubby and my kids might not be too pleased.

Also once you are paid can the owner of this site repost the videos and continue to profit??
This thread is long someone may have already asked these questions..
Thanks and best wishes :waving:

FemFlex
03-22-2009, 09:51 PM
I am curious if any of the ladies have had issues with your spouses or b/f's around your camming??
I have nothing against it but i have a feeling my hubby and my kids might not be too pleased.
Reservations like these are a good reason not to get involved with webcam. Each person and each family has a different value system. My daughter knows that I run a photography/videography site that features fit women showing off their physiques. She does not know that I run a webcam site, however, because I don't consider that information age-appropriate for her.

Also once you are paid can the owner of this site repost the videos and continue to profit?

We do not record any performances, but performers may do so and have the option to re-sell them via our system.

Once they are uploaded and publication is requested, they are the property of our system and may be sold or shown in perpetuity. However, if a performer requests removal from the system and also requests to have her videos removed from the 'store', then we have no problem honoring that request. I cannot think of a single instance where we have refused to remove a particular video.

The only caveat there is that, once he's made a video purchase, the customer has a license to view the video stream for as long as our site is in business. This means that, even though a video is no longer available for sale to new customers, anyone who purchased it before it was removed from the store would still be able to view it.

We'd be happy to answer any other questions you might have. If you are considering webcam and would like to take a tour of the system for yourself or for yourself and your hubby, just let us know and we'll be more than happy to set you up with a user account.

Chawk1
03-22-2009, 10:22 PM
Thanks Tre! Keep up the great work and I will check out your site!!

dallas3
03-25-2009, 04:33 AM
Throwing my 2 cents into this, ladies, there many ways you can go with webcam and do what's best for you. Make it an experience that you'll enjoy as well as for those watching. Use it as an extension of yourself to make money, connect with fans more, express yourself, what ever you want it to be.

Try the different cams to see what fits and works best. There's Herbicepscam.com, Shemusclelive.com, Fitvixenz.com, and even a new one called Models-4u.com.

Stacy Wright
03-26-2009, 04:53 AM
Hey! Thanks for all the info! It took me FOREVER To read through and catch up on this thread, but very informative!! It also helped to hear from different performers and the different ways the rooms are ran! Thanks ladies!!