PDA

View Full Version : Sharon Garrett - Jr Nationals or Team U?

Siouxcountry
02-13-2008, 08:15 AM
Sharon (our Gymdiva) competed three times in 07!

Which of her first two shows do you believe she was at her best?

Scroll down for pics. :)

Cam and I worked with GD and brought her into the Jr. Nats. I think that was the best I have ever saw Sharon. Maybe I am being bias, LOL, but she looked dang good!!!- Tracy

I would love to figure out how y'all brought me in and combine it with how I came into team u...I was floored at the conditioning of my legs but I thought my upper looked better in chicago...- Sharon

LINK (http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?p=433#post433)

Siouxcountry
02-13-2008, 08:17 AM
Sharon placed 3 in her class (LW) at the 2007 NPC Jr National Championships... LINK (http://contests.ironmanmagazine.com/pop_photos.cfm?ContestRosterID=53504)

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c155/coconutsandapples/NEW/jn1.jpg

Siouxcountry
02-13-2008, 08:18 AM
Sharon placed 4th in her class (LW) at the 2007 NPC Team Universe Championships... LINK (http://contests.ironmanmagazine.com/pop_photos.cfm?ContestRosterID=54507)

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c155/coconutsandapples/NEW/tu1.jpg

ripitupbaby
02-13-2008, 03:25 PM
She looked great at both, but I think Team U was the better showing even though I know she didn't feel good lol. Look at those legs!! :eek:

I had her in second at Team U actually!

gymdiva
02-13-2008, 04:23 PM
so did a lot of other people! it always makes me wonder if I came into team u like I did jrs if I would have placed higher since almost everyone harder and drier in every class was marked down...

SBT
02-13-2008, 04:29 PM
I agree... KILLER quads at team U!!!

gymdiva
02-13-2008, 04:38 PM
here's another pic from chicago to help out...

dallas3
02-13-2008, 05:09 PM
It's a tough one but I'm going with Team U, those legs look killer in those pics:bowdown:

Siouxcountry
02-13-2008, 06:58 PM
What was the weight difference between both shows?

IslandGirl
02-13-2008, 07:08 PM
Whoa! Your quads were unreal at TU! No doubt!

But your upper was way fuller, drier, leaner at Jr. Nats.

For the "Total Package" look, you had it at Jr's. Your legs were still incredible at Jr., but your upper at Team U look almost too stringy.

I'm also looking at this as a judges perspective. This is a bodybuilding show. Your legs, hands downs was INCREDIBLE, but it is not just a leg contest. So IMO, at Jr.s you had more of a total package.

Love U!

gymdiva
02-13-2008, 10:21 PM
I was 114 at jrs and 110 at team u...and they stopped the scale at 108 in vegas! I was WAY too skinny at that show...I was in a zero...that's just unheard of for me...and all those weights were before I dropped water...

you know I think the big difference was carbing up vs fat loading...and I looked better after carbs and a free meal at finals at jrs than I did at pre-j the day before...

think a slightly toned down version of jrs would work for me for fitness? I was looking at some shots Dan got where I was not popping my quads out and they actually looked pretty good...

ripitupbaby
02-14-2008, 06:49 PM
think a slightly toned down version of jrs would work for me for fitness? I was looking at some shots Dan got where I was not popping my quads out and they actually looked pretty good...

YES, I think that would be perfect.

IG made some damn good points about Junior Nationals too, making me rethink my Team U vote. Bottom line is that you looked good at both of them! :p

gymdiva
02-14-2008, 07:30 PM
yeah I think finding the middle b/w the two would work well for me...about the only thing I think anyone would agree on here is that I looked better at both shows than I did in vegas! oy...but even that was better than my first two shows ever so hey, I'll take it!

NPCIN
02-16-2008, 12:10 AM
I will be at Jr Nats this year. It's just so expensive if you stay at the host hotel. A few years ago...I stayed at the Sheraton just up the road that had a microwave and refridgerater that was less than half the cost as the Hyatt.

gymdiva
02-16-2008, 01:50 AM
I will be at Jr Nats this year. It's just so expensive if you stay at the host hotel. A few years ago...I stayed at the Sheraton just up the road that had a microwave and refridgerater that was less than half the cost as the Hyatt.

hahahahaha uhhhhh, what?

NPCIN
02-16-2008, 02:07 AM
I'm supposed to be test-juding and when I just checked on room rates for the Hyatt recently...they were over $200 a night. I haven't checked on any other motels in the area yet. When I stayed at the Sheraton a few years back...it was like $85 or so a night and the Hyatt was about $130.

gymdiva
02-16-2008, 02:09 AM
hee hee ok well um, I guess I'm giggling b/c this is about my look at jrs vs my look at team u...

(which btw sioux I am STILL in shock that you started this thread...are you trying to keep me in bbing? ;) )

NPCIN
02-16-2008, 02:26 AM
Sorry Sharon. I'd say you had the better package at Jr's.

Siouxcountry
02-16-2008, 02:31 AM
hee hee ok well um, I guess I'm giggling b/c this is about my look at jrs vs my look at team u...

(which btw sioux I am STILL in shock that you started this thread...are you trying to keep me in bbing? ;) )

I support all three sports. I want women do compete in whatever sport they enjoy.

I picked Jr Nationals too. :p

gymdiva
02-16-2008, 03:05 AM
I did really like my fullness at jrs...I remember looking at pics after team u and going wow, just one true difference in carbing up vs filling out with fats and look at what you get...but man, those quads at team u...I almost think I looked more balanced being drier at team u IF you compare pre-j pics from jrs to team u...now finals pics from jrs I looked filled out and more symmetrical all over...even my hair was fuller ;)

ISABELLE TURELL
02-16-2008, 10:39 PM
Oh its a tough decision but personally I like your Jr. Nationals look more. Your quads at Team U are insane:camera:

HDPhysiques-Joe
02-18-2008, 08:48 AM
She definitely looked unreal at the Jr's!

Kim McGuire
02-18-2008, 02:21 PM
i think that once you've done a pro qualifier, why would you even consider going and doing juniors again? just my 2 cents mama, you know my feelings on juniors anyway, lol....i like how you looked at juniors, you were shredded at team u but i think it made you look too stringy.

gymdiva
02-18-2008, 05:15 PM
well and that's like the Elite in 06...I LOVED my upper body but my lower did not have enough detail at all...granted, that prep got cut short due to some things but it's another one of those, take that upper and put it on team u lower, situations :D

SBT
02-18-2008, 09:26 PM
Hey I would gladly take either one :)

Quadrablue
02-19-2008, 03:43 AM
i think that once you've done a pro qualifier, why would you even consider going and doing juniors again? just my 2 cents mama, you know my feelings on juniors anyway, lol....i like how you looked at juniors, you were shredded at team u but i think it made you look too stringy.

I agree with Kim, but now that you are doing Fitness do you have more options?

gymdiva
02-19-2008, 04:36 AM
well that's some of what I'm trying to figure out now...do I play it safe and just try it on the local level or do I take a risk and jump right into natl level...decisions decisions...