PDA

View Full Version : 2009 BSN Emerald Cup

Siouxcountry
02-23-2009, 06:35 PM
One of the first shows of the year covered well by the media.

April 17-18, 2009

The 2009 Emerald Cup Bodybuilding, Fitness & Figure Championships and Expo and new Bikini division is approaching fast and is going to be an exciting 2 day event. We have dedicated this page to answer the majority of the Emerald Cup questions you might have.

The Emerald Cup is a fun filled 2 day event. Men’s & Women’s Fitness & Women’s Figure takes place on Friday, April 17th at the Meydenbauer Center in Bellevue, WA. Competitor registration is from 9:30 – 11:00am. The competitor meeting is at 11:00am, Doors open to the public at 11:15am, and the judging starts at 12:00pm, $20.00 general admission. The finals are at 7:00pm. Doors open to the public at 6:15pm and reserved tickets are $40.00, $30.00, and $25.00.

Website..........

http://www.craigproductions.com/

Blog..........

http://craigproductions.com/blog/

Siouxcountry
02-23-2009, 06:40 PM
Ginny Gardea is competing in this show.

Her journal and progress pics......... LINK (http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?p=177347#post177347)

Ginny competed last year at the NPC USA Championships. She took 5th............ :)

Siouxcountry
02-23-2009, 06:44 PM
Michelle Batista will be competing. :)

Michelle placed 4th in her class at the 2008 NPC USA Championships.

Gin
02-24-2009, 12:25 PM
I am so excited for this show! It is a really special experience for the athletes and spectators alike. I will have the pleasure of interviewing the promoter, Elaine Craig, for Siouxcountry Radio in the weeks to come. For those of you considering a show prior to hitting the National circuit, the Emerald Cup is a can't miss! It's totally worth the trip for anyone wishing to watch, too. The venue is awesome and the host hotel is just up the street. It is gorgeous and extremely affordable. Hope to see you all there!

BigA
02-24-2009, 01:31 PM
I wish I could go to this show. I have heard nothing but good things. Best of luck Ginny!

A.:popcorn:

Siouxcountry
02-24-2009, 05:35 PM
I am so excited for this show! It is a really special experience for the athletes and spectators alike. I will have the pleasure of interviewing the promoter, Elaine Craig, for Siouxcountry Radio in the weeks to come. For those of you considering a show prior to hitting the National circuit, the Emerald Cup is a can't miss! It's totally worth the trip for anyone wishing to watch, too. The venue is awesome and the host hotel is just up the street. It is gorgeous and extremely affordable. Hope to see you all there!

Great to hear Elaine will be on our show! Is this the only NPC show that Canadians are allowed to compete in?

Rebecca Lynn Slatt
02-24-2009, 07:29 PM
LOVE the Emerald Cup!

Wish I lived closer. :mad:

Meechel
02-24-2009, 10:59 PM
Great to hear Elaine will be on our show! Is this the only NPC show that Canadians are allowed to compete in?

North Americans is also a show Canadians can compete at.

I will be at Emerald Cup as a spectator and :cheerleader:

figurepro2be
02-26-2009, 10:50 PM
:waving: I will be competing in Masters Figure at this show as well
Good Luck to all in there prep - and see you there!

Siouxcountry
02-26-2009, 10:54 PM

Long time no see Nicole. :waving:

Nicole competed with the twins at the 2008 NPC Atlantic City. :)

figurepro2be
02-27-2009, 04:59 PM
Long time no see Nicole. :waving:

Nicole competed with the twins at the 2008 NPC Atlantic City. :)

Hi
Yes, I have been enjoying a nice off season with the family and am now READY to get back on stage in April!!

I am sooo excited to be able to go and watch :popcorn: all the fantastic girls on Arnold stage next weekend too :respect:

:sc:

BETTINA
02-27-2009, 05:37 PM
Why no special mention of the women's bodybulding part of the show? I remeber that Elaine Craig was a bodybuilder herself. Is figure really that popular, that we now do not even metion that top class women bodybuilders will compete? Let's not jump so hard on the figure train that we forget how hard the bodybuilders work.

Siouxcountry
02-27-2009, 05:54 PM
Why no special mention of the women's bodybulding part of the show? I remeber that Elaine Craig was a bodybuilder herself. Is figure really that popular, that we now do not even metion that top class women bodybuilders will compete? Let's not jump so hard on the figure train that we forget how hard the bodybuilders work.

Maybe Elaine has in her blog or plans too. http://craigproductions.com/blog/

You are welcome to give us a history of this show, Mike. :)

Gin
02-27-2009, 06:22 PM

Would you please clarify your question? Was that an inquiry for me to pass along to Elaine for our interview? Is that in reference to the quote Sioux inserted? I'm not sure that I understand your question/statement?

BETTINA
02-27-2009, 06:55 PM
My point is that womens bodybuilding keeps getting the short straw when it comes to promotion, compared to fitness and figure. I'd like to see the same volume of promo and feedback for the fbb as there is for figure.

Gin
02-27-2009, 07:05 PM
My point is that womens bodybuilding keeps getting the short straw when it comes to promotion, compared to fitness and figure. I'd like to see the same volume of promo and feedback for the fbb as there is for figure.

I think the Emerald Cup is very much focused on bodybuilding. I think the blurb posted shows no deference to figure/fitness. If you pull up the page from which it was taken, scroll down and you'll see the portion lower on the page for bodybuilding. It's just a result of quirky web page layout and the fact that the copy is written for chronology with Fitness/Figure taking place on Friday and then bodybuilding on Saturday. :shrug:

Siouxcountry
03-01-2009, 06:59 PM
Ginny Gardea 7 weeks out (pics)............. CLICK HERE (http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?p=179452#post179452) :)

jen-fit
03-14-2009, 02:05 AM

Me too! This will be my first time to the Emerald, and I'll be in the Masters Age 35-39. My mom did the Emerald 20 years ago at age 40 when there was no Figure Class. She placed in the Lightweight Division! Go Mom! I am so excited to take center stage just as she did. The only difference...this times it's in Bellevue. Back then it was in Everett! I can't wait! :waving:

Siouxcountry
03-14-2009, 02:20 AM
My mom did the Emerald 20 years ago at age 40 when there was no Figure Class. She placed in the Lightweight Division!

That is so cool! :cool:

Musclepapa John
03-14-2009, 02:23 AM
Me too! This will be my first time to the Emerald, and I'll be in the Masters Age 35-39. My mom did the Emerald 20 years ago at age 40 when there was no Figure Class. She placed in the Lightweight Division! Go Mom! I am so excited to take center stage just as she did. The only difference...this times it's in Bellevue. Back then it was in Everett! I can't wait! :waving:

Very Cool info Jenny. Big props to you and mom. Might we book both of you for a Siouxcountry Radio Show to talk amongst yourselves about your perceptions on competitions etc?:respect:

beary4
03-14-2009, 03:12 AM
I'll also be competing at the E-cup! 5 weeks out...crazy!!

jen-fit
03-14-2009, 04:58 AM
Very Cool info Jenny. Big props to you and mom. Might we book both of you for a Siouxcountry Radio Show to talk amongst yourselves about your perceptions on competitions etc?:respect:

I think that would be fun! I've heard it's an amazing show and extremely well run. That's what I am hoping for. The last one I attended locally was pretty dismal...so I'm hoping for the best. :strong:

jen-fit
03-14-2009, 05:16 AM
I think that would be fun! I've heard it's an amazing show and extremely well run. That's what I am hoping for. The last one I attended locally was pretty dismal...so I'm hoping for the best. :strong:

BTW, I am sure my mom would love that. I'll talk with her about it tomorrow!

Siouxcountry
03-14-2009, 08:03 PM
Ginny Gardea posted 5 week out pics................. CLICK HERE (http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?p=184254#post184254)

figurepro2be
03-17-2009, 11:00 PM

Jenny that is so cool that your mom competed ! I look forward to meeting you and many others :waving:

Stay strong - 4 weeks!!!

figurepro2be
03-17-2009, 11:03 PM
Does anyone know of a make up artist that will be at the Emerald Cup?

Gin
03-18-2009, 04:40 AM
Does anyone know of a make up artist that will be at the Emerald Cup?

Yes! Just one of the awesome amenities the producers of EC make available for their ladies. Hair and makeup stylist will be there! I'm interviewing Elaine Craig for Sioux radio and promise to get all the details of what to expect for this year's show. It's going to rock! Stay focused ladies...we're almost there!

Siouxcountry
03-18-2009, 04:49 AM
I'm interviewing Elaine Craig for Sioux radio and promise to get all the details of what to expect for this year's show.

Excellent!

Musclepapa John
03-18-2009, 05:04 AM
Yes! Just one of the awesome amenities the producers of EC make available for their ladies. Hair and makeup stylist will be there! I'm interviewing Elaine Craig for Sioux radio and promise to get all the details of what to expect for this year's show. It's going to rock! Stay focused ladies...we're almost there!

:popcorn:
We need more ladies interviewing the various other show promoters throughout the season. Tres (Charleston) and Pam (Chicago) to follow. Thank you Gin for being the consummate leader that you are:kiss:

figurepro2be
03-18-2009, 04:05 PM

That would be great! I was going to have Jan Tana do my color and makeup, but with them both it gets expensive. Cannot wait to hear how the make up application will work!?

jen-fit
03-18-2009, 08:43 PM
Yes...Please keep us posted on Hair, Makeup, Tanning, any contact information you come across for the show. I will be like a fish out of water with it being out of state for me, and I'm not a seasoned professional like you all! **smile** I need to get my ducks in a row, so I know how much $$ I should expect too. Thanks so much!!!!

LittleGuns
03-18-2009, 09:31 PM
Jenny,

Don't worry, I will take you under my wing and you will be fine!!!! I have been there and I know how stressful it can get. You will be seasoned before you know it...

Michelle :)

Musclepapa John
03-19-2009, 03:36 AM
Elaine Craig joins Ginny Gardea on Siouxcountry Radio for a preview of what this hugely popular and exciting two day event has to offer on April 17 & 18, 2009. Only a few weeks out from the show competitor Gin asks Elaine the long time promoter and bodybuilder about the specifics of not only the current show, but the history of the event. They discuss how it all began back when she and her husband Brad (area zone chairman for the National Physique Committee) started it all. Find out more about the big show at www.CraigProductions.com

http://media.libsyn.com/media/pijoehawley/EmeraldSiouxcountry.mp3

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n237/pijoehawley/emeraldcup2009th.jpg

msteele
03-19-2009, 06:26 PM
I wish I could go, my friend Wendy is competing and judging by how she looked at Femsport earlier this month, I think she has a really great shot.

Siouxcountry
03-19-2009, 06:38 PM
I wish I could go, my friend Wendy is competing and judging by how she looked at Femsport earlier this month, I think she has a really great shot.

Wendy who?

vancouverchick
03-19-2009, 08:09 PM
Lingquist???? Is she doing bb or figure??

ibarramedia
03-19-2009, 09:29 PM
Wendy Lindquist.

Siouxcountry
03-19-2009, 10:11 PM
Kristina Tjernlund is competing in this show. :)

You can view pics of her 6 weeks out......... http://www.myspace.com/ktfit

Siouxcountry
03-20-2009, 09:36 PM
Michelle Batista will be competing. :)

Michelle at 4 weeks out (pics).......................

http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?p=186360#post186360

:)

Siouxcountry
03-21-2009, 08:52 AM
Ginny Gardea 4 weeks out..................

http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?p=186477#post186477

Siouxcountry
03-24-2009, 07:57 PM
Schedule of events...............

http://www.craigproductions.com/images/2009ScheduleofEvents.pdf

Siouxcountry
03-25-2009, 08:56 PM
Michelle at 4 weeks out (pics).......................

More pics................

http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?p=187936#post187936

Gin
03-30-2009, 10:04 PM
Less than three weeks! Who's excited? Me! Me!:yippie:

Siouxcountry
03-30-2009, 10:12 PM
Less than three weeks! Who's excited? Me! Me!:yippie:

What a busy weekend for many. Same weekend as the Europa Show Of Champions. :waving:

Siouxcountry
03-31-2009, 03:32 AM
http://craigproductions.com/blog/?p=93

At the Emerald Cup, NO DOUBLE ENTRIES ARE ALLOWED. You must choose one class to compete in. If you choose to compete in an open class, you will not be allowed to compete in masters, and visa versa.

The only exception is bodybuilding mixed pairs.

KP DIVA
03-31-2009, 03:37 AM
http://craigproductions.com/blog/?p=93

Wow!! Mixed pairs....that's great. That division has not been in NC in atleast 10 years!! Those are usually great routines to watch!

Siouxcountry
04-01-2009, 08:09 PM
Would be cool if all big shows had a blog to keep us informed. :)

Seating for Saturday’s bodybuilding finals is going fast. The $40 VIP seats are SOLD OUT!

We still have plenty of $30 seats available and are now seating in sections 2 and 4 in rows O and P and back.

If you plan on attending the Saturday night bodybuilding finals, for BEST seating, order your tickets now! (http://craigproductions.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_5&products_id=19)
http://craigproductions.com/blog/?p=99

Siouxcountry
04-03-2009, 04:08 PM
Latest blog:

After 2 weeks, I am back! I noticed Brad has been posting a few things because I have not written since March 24.

I was at Tanji Johnson’s show this weekend in Vancouver. She does such a great job! The girls looked fantastic!! Tanji debuted the bikini division - a first in our state! I thought it was run very well. Anytime you have a first, the competitors are the pioneers of that division. It will be fun to see how that division progresses!

If you are a registered Emerald Cup Competitor, you should have received a competitor letter by now that is 6 pages in length via email that goes into complete detail about check in, hotel, tanning, etc. If you haven’t, please let us know. We are winding down to the 2 week mark and I want to make sure everyone is up to speed with everything.

I am running out of time writing this as I have to be at the gym at 4:30pm to train so I will continue writing here later. I do want to address the fitness/figure day evening show real quick and I will elaborate when I get back from the gym. Every girl that has competed in the Emerald Cup figure/fitness knows that we run the evening show quite a bit different from anywhere else. That being said, girls, you should practice your walk and 1/2 turns and full turns, not just your prejudging 1/4 turns. The evening show is a presentation so that will be the focus. I know I am leaving some of you hanging here because I have to go to the gym but check back later and I will talk in detail. Brad & I blocked the evening show and you are all going to look absolutely stunning in your presentation! I am so excited about it! Okay, gotta go, I’ve got to get my workout in!!http://craigproductions.com/blog/?p=103

Gin
04-03-2009, 06:55 PM
Latest blog:

http://craigproductions.com/blog/?p=103

This is really, really helpful info from Elaine. The evening performance is a ton of fun and moves VERY quickly. You perform a quick series of turns. Practice, practice, practice in your heels moving very quickly. Be sure to come to the walk through the night before, it will help a lot. I did the show last year and I'm still going to the walk-through to practice the speedy entrance, 1/2 turn, and exit.

Siouxcountry
04-04-2009, 07:26 PM
Ginny Gardea two weeks out (pics).......... LINK (http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?p=190925#post190925)

Siouxcountry
04-08-2009, 11:28 PM
Jennifer Willms will also be competing. :)

She competed last year at the Emerald Cup.

Fit_Jenn
04-08-2009, 11:48 PM
Hey Sioux-thanks for posting the comment...However, and this is not your fault, my name is spelled incorrectly. It is Willms not Willims. :). Somewhere along the way it was mis-spelled.

Thanks for all the great updates.

Cheers! ...10 days and counting!

Jenn

Siouxcountry
04-08-2009, 11:54 PM
Hey Sioux-thanks for posting the comment...However, and this is not your fault, my name is spelled incorrectly. It is Willms not Willims. :). Somewhere along the way it was mis-spelled.

Fixed. :) Is that Dutch?

BigA
04-09-2009, 10:37 AM
Good luck Ginny - almost there. I wish I could be there to see you and meet you.
A

Gin
04-10-2009, 01:54 PM
Good luck Ginny - almost there. I wish I could be there to see you and meet you.
A

Thanks Alison! I appreciate your support and encouragement. Maybe one day when we get a chance to finally meet in person it will be in the IFBB :D. Hope your training is going well.

Roxana
04-10-2009, 03:35 PM
Almost there... can't wait!!

This show is great... both Brad and Elaine are wonderful and create such a wonderful atmosphere for the competitors!!

If any of you competitors need anything in terms of color please let me know! Most of you have already planned for it, but if you happen to have any last minute freak outs, feel free to call! (www.onstageimage.net)

Gin... I am SO excited to see you up there!! One week from right now you will be checking in!! I have goosebumps just thinking about it! It has been so rewarding to watch your physique become what it is... you are such a hard worker! This will be me next Friday.. :cheerleader:

I have attended the Cup for the last nine years and I don't think I have ever been more anxious to get there!

7 more days!!

Gin
04-11-2009, 03:02 AM
Almost there... can't wait!!

This show is great... both Brad and Elaine are wonderful and create such a wonderful atmosphere for the competitors!!

If any of you competitors need anything in terms of color please let me know! Most of you have already planned for it, but if you happen to have any last minute freak outs, feel free to call! (www.onstageimage.net)

Gin... I am SO excited to see you up there!! One week from right now you will be checking in!! I have goosebumps just thinking about it! It has been so rewarding to watch your physique become what it is... you are such a hard worker! This will be me next Friday.. :cheerleader:

I have attended the Cup for the last nine years and I don't think I have ever been more anxious to get there!

7 more days!!

Thank you so much! I'm so excited. This has been a fantastic prep, thanks to you and John. Let the good times roll....

wasabi
04-12-2009, 07:11 PM
HEY GIRLS:

I WILL BE TAKING MY AIRBRUSH TO THE E-CUP AND HAVE ROOM TO SPRAY ABOUT 6 MORE GIRLS IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED. I WILL BE USING JANTANA PRODUCT AND WILL BE STAYING AT THE COURTYARD MARIOTT NEXT TO THE MEYDENBAUER.

COST: $75.00 :bunny:

PM ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED!

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL

BigA
04-12-2009, 08:30 PM
Thanks Alison! I appreciate your support and encouragement. Maybe one day when we get a chance to finally meet in person it will be in the IFBB :D. Hope your training is going well.

Ha! Training is going, but my eating is going better. :popcorn:

I will be checking for updates.

A.

LittleGuns
04-13-2009, 02:58 PM
We are almost there ladies.... Training and diet are going great. Ready to compete... Hope everyone enjoyed their Easter weekend. Sun is shinning here and it's 75 degrees. Yippee!!!

Michelle

Siouxcountry
04-13-2009, 04:08 PM
PST

Friday

Fitness & Figure

Prejudging - Noon
Finals - 7:00 PM

Saturday

Bodybuilding

Prejudging - 10:00 AM
Finals - 7:00 PM

Bikini

Prejudging & Finals - 12:30 PM

MsFit40
04-13-2009, 05:28 PM
I'll be there judging Friday's show, and backstage for Saturday. It's such a great show, and I'm excited for everyone competing. If you're at all nervous, just look down at me at the judges table, and I'll smile at you. :) Good luck everyone, I'll be cheering for you!!
Michele

Gin
04-14-2009, 03:57 AM
I'll be there judging Friday's show, and backstage for Saturday. It's such a great show, and I'm excited for everyone competing. If you're at all nervous, just look down at me at the judges table, and I'll smile at you. :) Good luck everyone, I'll be cheering for you!!
Michele

Yeah! Can't wait to see you there! I'll be looking for that smile if my nerves kick in...:p

John K
04-14-2009, 06:47 PM
Hey Michelle,

Are we actually going to get a few minutes to talk this show! Wew were both running around at Tanji's show...you need to see Rebecca!

Siouxcountry
04-15-2009, 06:22 PM
A Retrospect of the 2009 Emerald Cup..................

CLICK HERE (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/2009_emerald_cup_retrospect.htm)

ambydawn
04-16-2009, 02:45 AM
A Retrospect of the 2009 Emerald Cup..................

CLICK HERE (http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/2009_emerald_cup_retrospect.htm)

That is an interesting read. However, I think it was odd the author made a comment that all the overall figure winners have gone on to become pro within a year when the last two haven't. :confused: Hmmm, guy should do his homework.

TFenske
04-16-2009, 03:05 PM
Good Luck Ladies!~ See you tomorrow Gin!:)

Siouxcountry
04-16-2009, 04:58 PM
Good luck everyone! :waving:

twixpix
04-16-2009, 09:47 PM
Hi everyone,

I'll be at the rehearsals/meeting this evening. Hope to meet and greet a few of you!

David

Siouxcountry
04-17-2009, 10:04 PM
Ginny Gardea got first call out. Michelle Batista got second call out.

If any of you have news on our members competing at the Emerald Cup please post the news.

Finals tonight.

AnneP
04-17-2009, 10:14 PM
Wow! I somehow forgot that this show is in this weekend too, huh. So many contests - this one, Met-Rx, Loaded Cup, Europa Show!

Anyway, thanks for update, Sioux. Nice to hear that Ginny got first call out!

Siouxcountry
04-17-2009, 10:44 PM
Wow! I somehow forgot that this show is in this weekend too, huh. So many contests - this one, Met-Rx, Loaded Cup, Europa Show!

Anyway, thanks for update, Sioux. Nice to hear that Ginny got first call out!

Yeah, a big WEEKEND! :awesome:

Danitza
04-17-2009, 10:47 PM
Thanks Sioux for all the updates!! MAN...busy weekend for you! ;)

Siouxcountry
04-18-2009, 06:25 AM
Gene Hwang's photos of the show................... LINK (http://tour.ftvideo.com/showgal.php?g=content/genex/contests/2009/emeraldcup/6172/7_1&s=6)

twixpix
04-18-2009, 08:45 AM
Enjoy!

http://www.twixpix.com/emeraldcup/09/EC09-Intro.html

David

Lisa
04-18-2009, 09:16 AM
Looks Ginny got 2nd! Congrats baby!

http://www.ftppv.com/ftvideo/showthread.php?t=3889

HOLLA to Cinzia Clapp from ALASKA!!!:bowdown:

Cant wait for FBB tomorrow! This is more enjoying than the Europa, IMO....(no FBBs there:(..)

twixpix
04-18-2009, 01:49 PM
Ginny won her class, it's the number after the name:waving:

David

Kim
04-18-2009, 02:04 PM
thanks for all these updates (can't wait for fbb ones!). I was just unable to drive up this weekend. It is the first one I've missed while living close in a long time!

Gin
04-18-2009, 02:52 PM
Wow! What a great show! Yes, I won my class! It was extremely competitive. I just got a look at the overall pics and the same goes for that. I'm HONORED to be in the company of such awesome athletes. I had a blast, ooked my best ever and felt amazing. We literally glided into the show. I didn't even have to cut water! John and Roxana were backstage and kept me focused and relaxed. I got to sit back and watch while they fed me little treats and helped me pump. Congrats to all the ladies who competed. I got to meet Michelle and Jen from the board! They both looked amazing! Going to relax a bit this weekend...and then figure out where to go from here.

Lisa
04-18-2009, 04:30 PM
Looks Ginny got 2nd! Congrats baby!

http://www.ftppv.com/ftvideo/showthread.php?t=3889

HOLLA to Cinzia Clapp from ALASKA!!!:bowdown:

Cant wait for FBB tomorrow! This is more enjoying than the Europa, IMO....(no FBBs there:(..)

Om My bad, Sorry Gin. It was late and I read it wrong! CONGRATS Honey! :respect:

Dean
04-18-2009, 06:56 PM
Big shout out to Courtney Bynog -- my favorite new girl on our site KrivsStudio -- who won the Emerald Cup figure overall crown. This was only her second show and she's a knockout beside! :lovable:

More details in my latest post (http://krivstudiosblog.wordpress.com/2009/04/18/courtney-bynog-wins-2009-emerald-cup/). ;)

Lisa
04-18-2009, 06:58 PM
Dave Palumbo is at The Emerald Cup doing interviews!

RX Muscle

HOLLA!

Siouxcountry
04-18-2009, 07:17 PM
Thanks to www.genexmagazine.com for results.

Fitness

Overall: Cinzia Clapp

Short Class:

1) Carole Castillo
2) Tammy Rosiek
3) Laurie Joslin
4) Janice Zander

Tall Class:

1) Cinzia Clapp
2) Heather Skaar
3) Mallory Fountain

Figure

Overall: Courtney Bynog

Under 5'02":

1) Kiana Phi-Lewis
2) Lisa Sandercock
3) Brittani Simpson
4) Robyn Laso
5) Keely Lindquist

5'02"-5'03":

1) Katrinka Danielson
2) Carole Castillo
3) Dion Blackburn
4) Stacey Christensen
5) Melina Elder

5'3"-5'4":

1) Michele Bigler
2) Mary Simmons
3) Jacey Bourne
4) Jeanni Higgins
5) Jessica Hopkins

5'4"-5'5":

1) Courtney Bynog
2) Summer Reece
3) Tori Stroud
4) Yvonne Herrera
5) Jessica Hickman

5'5"-5'6":

1) Andrea Rosenbaum
2) Anna Brown
3) Joni Neilson
4) Ryan Everson
5) Mariaha Vander Veen

5'6"-5'8":
1) Ginny Gardea
2) Rachelle Sundberg
3) Erin Moore
4) Carole Fallstead
5) Heidi Young

5'8" and over:

1) Hannah Ringholm
2) Jennifer Ludington
3) Mary Hallman
4) Christina McEllrath
5) Kristina Tjernlund

LittleGuns
04-19-2009, 03:00 PM
Hi Everyone,

Well, I'm back from Emerald Cup and a little disappointed with the outcome. I felt that I brought my best package to stage so far but it wasn't what the judges were looking for.

Ginny looked awesome and she definitely should have own overall in my opinion. Here are some photos of Emerald... Siouxcountry girls (Me, Ginny Gardea and Jenny Grothe), Me and Toney Freeman, Me and Jenny stuffin our faces at Cold Stone...

Michelle

Gin
04-19-2009, 03:06 PM
Hi sweetie!
It was great to meet you. I really had you down for first call outs, too. I understand why you're bummed. I hope you'll keep going and maybe I'll get to stand next to you at Jr. Nat's?!?! You really looked spectacular and have such a beautiful stage presence. Love the pics, thanks for getting those!
Gin

Hi Everyone,

Well, I'm back from Emerald Cup and a little disappointed with the outcome. I felt that I brought my best package to stage so far but it wasn't what the judges were looking for.

Ginny looked awesome and she definitely should have own overall in my opinion. Here are some photos of Emerald... Siouxcountry girls (Me, Ginny Gardea and Jenny Grothe), Me and Toney Freeman, Me and Jenny stuffin our faces at Cold Stone...

Michelle

Greg B.
04-19-2009, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the pic Dean, Courtney is beautiful and what a great back !

Siouxcountry
04-19-2009, 04:14 PM
Hi Everyone,

Michelle

Great pics! :awesome: I hope to add some candid pics to our banner next Sunday.

Michelle I don't understand your placing either. Don't let this get you down.

As you wrote above " felt that I brought my best package to stage so far" is something to be very proud of. :respect:

Siouxcountry
04-19-2009, 04:17 PM
Looks like MD is starting to upload pics...............

LINK (http://www.musculardevelopment.com/browse/index.php?mode=contest&eventcode=1314)

VIEW ALL PHOTOS (http://www.musculardevelopment.com/browse/index.php?mode=viewphotos&eventcode=1314)

Overall figure champ, Courtney Bynog...........

Shelly
04-19-2009, 04:39 PM
congrats to the ladies. are there any more pics??

Siouxcountry
04-19-2009, 04:46 PM
congrats to the ladies. are there any more pics??

BB.com should have pics up today or tomorrow I assume..............

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/2009_emerald_cup.htm

LittleGuns
04-19-2009, 04:56 PM
Ginny,

This show really took the wind out of my sail... I am really confused. I was planning on doing Contra since it is local and I have some friends and family that want to come and watch. After talking with the judges on Friday night, I don't know what to do about USA's. I am really discouraged right now. We work so hard and I felt better coming into this show than any other and then you walk off stage feeling so disappointed. It really sucks!!

It was so great meeting you and hopefully we will be next to each again one day. I really think you should have taken the overall. You looked awesome!

Michelle

LittleGuns
04-19-2009, 05:00 PM
Here are some pictures I found of me on the internet. Someone back stage put waayyy to much oil on me... Lol....:D

Shelly
04-19-2009, 05:08 PM
michelle, what place did u get?!?!??! u look RIDICULOUSLY GOOD!!!! like national level good.

did u get feedback?/ wow im shocked!

Siouxcountry
04-19-2009, 05:09 PM
michele, what place did u get?!?!??! u look RIDICULOUSLY GOOD!!!!

Agreed!

Here is the photo galleries where Michelle got the above pics.................

http://www.jimwallingford.com/Events/484859

LittleGuns
04-19-2009, 05:27 PM
Shelly,

I don't know where I finished. I know that I was not in the first 7 called out. This is why I was so shocked. One judge (I won't give names) said I was too lean. When I told him he placed me 4th at USA's and I am heavier at Emerald than at USA's, I was totally confused. So I don't know what to do... Confused!

Thanks for the compliments.

Michelle

Shelly
04-19-2009, 07:05 PM
id keep doing what youre doing b/ on the natl stage u should do real well.

this is why i get so confused, just know im a FAN of your bod its siick!:respect:

DJudy
04-19-2009, 07:26 PM
id keep doing what youre doing b/ on the natl stage u should do real well.

this is why i get so confused, just know im a FAN of your bod its siick!:respect:

x's 2 I find that girls that loose at Qualifying shows often do much better on a National Stage bc you have a body that fits in instead of standing out (if that makes sense). What I'm trying to say is you could have been over qualified for that level even if you need to qualify. Ok now I'm rambling!

Shelly
04-19-2009, 08:07 PM
x's 2 I find that girls that loose at Qualifying shows often do much better on a National Stage bc you have a body that fits in instead of standing out (if that makes sense). What I'm trying to say is you could have been over qualified for that level even if you need to qualify. Ok now I'm rambling!

i get you babe and i agree 100%

D. Lavette
04-20-2009, 01:02 AM
I don't know anyone who competed at this show, but I stumbled across this site while looking for Ronnie Coleman classic pictures.

It's a site where you can buy pictures, but you can look for free ;)

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/7924867_TQTeV/1/514658009_LH2iw#P-1-16

KP DIVA
04-20-2009, 01:09 AM

That really sucks, but I think you are on to something!! It's a crying shame!

Michelle, keep doing what you're doing!!

Siouxcountry
04-20-2009, 02:29 AM
Female bodybuilding results thanks to www.genexmagazine.com (http://www.genexmagazine.com)

Bodybuilding

Overall: Laurie Smith

Lightweights:

1) Anne Kam
2) Barbara Stannard
3) Jennifer Erickson
4) Melissa Williams
5) Julie Bilodeau
6) Allison Clerc

Middleweights:

1) Laurie Smith
2) Wendy Lindquist

Heavyweights:

1) Heidi Hegg
2) Evelyn Johnston
3) Peggy Willis
4) Susan Stone

Masters Bodybuilding

Overall: Cindy Goodrich

Over 35:

1) Cindy Goodrich
2) Brittani Simpson
3) Cheryl Brose
4) Kelley Herring
5) Leticia Swanson

Over 50:

1) Janet Guenther

http://tour.ftvideo.com/showgal.php?g=content/genex/contests/2009/emeraldcup/6172/7_1&s=6

Overall champ Laurie Smith............

jen-fit
04-20-2009, 02:58 PM
Hi All!

So I am back from the Emerald Cup, and I had the most amazing time. OMG! It was absolutely incredible. I loved the entire experience. I went in knowing I was out of my league, but I wanted to soak in what a professionally-run show was really like. Craig Productions did a phenomenal job. Nothing was missed. Even the walk through (where we paraded around before the evening show like a glamour event) ended up being enjoyable. It broke the ice and put everyone in a great mood.

My mom and dad were there. I think it was kind-of surreal for her considering just 23 years before it was her on stage. It's grown so much since then. Little did I realize she was one of the pioneers. The Emerald back then had only been running for a few years. Now to think it's the largest Amateur competition in the country.

Though I'm ready for a break, I am 100% looking forward to building this year and heading back to the Emerald Cup again next year. It was by far the most fun I've had!!

My heart goes out to Michelle. She deserved to place. She looked awesome. She was definitely a strength to me at the show, taught me so much, and has become a great friend as a result.

Thanks to all for the sweet words, positive encouragement, and the endless amounts of inspiration I've gained from reading your comments, journals, and tips.

xo

Jenny Grothe

Gin
04-20-2009, 03:18 PM
Hey love!
You were most certainly not out of your league! You deserved a spot on that stage. Your physique is great! You had gorgeous presence and above all, the BEST attitude. Had so much fun hanging out with you. ALl the best to you in the years to come. You have a very bright future in this sport!!!!
Gin
Hi All!

So I am back from the Emerald Cup, and I had the most amazing time. OMG! It was absolutely incredible. I loved the entire experience. I went in knowing I was out of my league, but I wanted to soak in what a professionally-run show was really like. Craig Productions did a phenomenal job. Nothing was missed. Even the walk through (where we paraded around before the evening show like a glamour event) ended up being enjoyable. It broke the ice and put everyone in a great mood.

My mom and dad were there. I think it was kind-of surreal for her considering just 23 years before it was her on stage. It's grown so much since then. Little did I realize she was one of the pioneers. The Emerald back then had only been running for a few years. Now to think it's the largest Amateur competition in the country.

Though I'm ready for a break, I am 100% looking forward to building this year and heading back to the Emerald Cup again next year. It was by far the most fun I've had!!

My heart goes out to Michelle. She deserved to place. She looked awesome. She was definitely a strength to me at the show, taught me so much, and has become a great friend as a result.

Thanks to all for the sweet words, positive encouragement, and the endless amounts of inspiration I've gained from reading your comments, journals, and tips.

xo

Jenny Grothe

LittleGuns
04-20-2009, 05:17 PM
Jenny,

You are such a doll. I am so glad that I got to meet and hang out with you. You and my girl Darla make this show even better for me. I would love to compete with you again sometime. And definitely eat some Cold Stone with you...

And Ginny is right, you were not out of your league. You worked very had to be there. Keep your head up and keep moving forward...

Good luck on your new adventures (you know what I am talking about). Keep me posted.

Love ya girl...

Michelle

Siouxcountry
04-20-2009, 10:03 PM
Score Sheets.......................

Fitness & Figure

http://craigproductions.com/blog/?p=129

Bodybuilding

http://craigproductions.com/blog/?p=134

Bikini

http://craigproductions.com/blog/?p=126

Siouxcountry
04-21-2009, 02:54 AM
MD's pics are up................... LINK (http://www.musculardevelopment.com/browse/index.php?mode=contest&eventcode=1314)

1. Female bodybuilding champ Laurie Smith

2. Fitness champ Cinzia Clapp

3. Figure champ Courtney Bynog

4. Bikini champ Chelsie Beanblossom

jen-fit
04-21-2009, 02:01 PM
Hey love!
You were most certainly not out of your league! You deserved a spot on that stage. Your physique is great! You had gorgeous presence and above all, the BEST attitude. Had so much fun hanging out with you. ALl the best to you in the years to come. You have a very bright future in this sport!!!!
Gin

I just want to add how excited I am. I just reviewed the judges' scorecard, and I actually placed 7th! Now you might be wondering "why is she so excited about 7th?" Well, I thought I did worse than that. 7th is only 2 away from a tiara and a trophy which really gives me hope for next year. I couldn't be happier!!! Yeah! :waving:

Gin
04-21-2009, 03:34 PM
I just want to add how excited I am. I just reviewed the judges' scorecard, and I actually placed 7th! Now you might be wondering "why is she so excited about 7th?" Well, I thought I did worse than that. 7th is only 2 away from a tiara and a trophy which really gives me hope for next year. I couldn't be happier!!! Yeah! :waving:

You should be excited! This is an EXTREMELY competitive show. 7th is a very respectable placing. You're a tough competitor...keep at it and you'll sport that tiara next year for sure. I'm proud of ya!

Siouxcountry
04-21-2009, 03:54 PM
Hardfitness.com

Full results and photos....................

http://www.hardfitness.com/emeraldcup2009.html

AnneP
04-21-2009, 04:41 PM
Have there always been class G in NPC shows ? I ve seen F always but ... G? Some new height class or is it me who have not noticed it before?

Siouxcountry
04-21-2009, 04:47 PM
Have there always been class G in NPC shows ? I ve seen F always but ... G? Some new height class or is it me who have not noticed it before?

The Emerald Cup is unique. The only show I am aware of with 7 classes.

Fit_Jenn
04-21-2009, 06:44 PM
Hi all!

Can someone help me understand the score sheets? I am not sure what the difference is between total score, base score, max, and minimum. How does it all add up? My total score is the same as the 4th and 5th place girls in my group and I landed in 6th and my base score was the same as the 4th place winner. Does it all just come down to the head judge making the decision as to who places where in that case?

I too had a good time at the Emerald this year and actually liked the little parade at the beginning of the night show...it really broke the ice. However, I was very frustrated with the judging in my class, 5'2-5'3, as they did not move us around AT ALL! We didn't have call outs, which is fine, but at a minimum they should have moved the girls on each end in order for ALL the judges to see our physiques. According to my friends and family in the audience, my class was the only one where the judging was like that.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Jennifer Willms

Siouxcountry
04-26-2009, 07:04 PM
Welcome to our banner young ladies! :waving:

Shelly
04-26-2009, 07:22 PM
congrats on making the banner girl!!! :awesome:

Gin
04-26-2009, 07:25 PM
Welcome to our banner young ladies! :waving:

Cute! Thanks for putting that up! I had so much fun meeting Jen and Michelle. Good luck to you ladies in your future figure conquests!

Siouxcountry
04-26-2009, 07:34 PM
Cute! Thanks for putting that up! I had so much fun meeting Jen and Michelle. Good luck to you ladies in your future figure conquests!

You're welcome! :) Michelle is competing again in two weeks at the NPC Contra Costa............

http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?t=5889

kristinatj
04-27-2009, 08:10 PM
I just competed in the tall class in Figure at the Emerald Cup and was happy to SQUEAK by with a 5th place trophy - tough class - and the judging is always challenging to try and "figure" out! It was great to meet you Ginny and Michelle! Ginny you looked absolutely fabulous on stage - congrats to you on your well deserved placing! Michelle, I saw you on stage when I was backstage and immediately had you in the top 5 with not even a question. By looking at the score sheets, one judge was completely inconsistent in his placings compared to the others. The challenge lies in training and competing in a sport that is purely subjective that doesn't seem to have any set criteria. As a competitor who has had my share of frustrations with the judging and who has voiced my opinions on the need for a set judging criteria for figure - for the sanity of competitors and their trainers who work so hard to deliver the finest package on stage - I have finally come come to the determination that all we can do as competitors is continue to set personal goals, work hard to fine tune our physiques and whatever happens in the judging happens. To all you amazing, beautiful and strong willed women who compete in Figure - you are in the elite few - and you are all champs in my eyes! GO FIGURE!

Here's some photos of my Emerald Cup experience!

Gin
04-27-2009, 08:24 PM
I just competed in the tall class in Figure at the Emerald Cup and was happy to SQUEAK by with a 5th place trophy - tough class - and the judging is always challenging to try and "figure" out! It was great to meet you Ginny and Michelle! Ginny you looked absolutely fabulous on stage - congrats to you on your well deserved placing! Michelle, I saw you on stage when I was backstage and immediately had you in the top 5 with not even a question. By looking at the score sheets, one judge was completely inconsistent in his placings compared to the others. The challenge lies in training and competing in a sport that is purely subjective that doesn't seem to have any set criteria. As a competitor who has had my share of frustrations with the judging and who has voiced my opinions on the need for a set judging criteria for figure - for the sanity of competitors and their trainers who work so hard to deliver the finest package on stage - I have finally come come to the determination that all we can do as competitors is continue to set personal goals, work hard to fine tune our physiques and whatever happens in the judging happens. To all you amazing, beautiful and strong willed women who compete in Figure - you are in the elite few - and you are all champs in my eyes! GO FIGURE!

Kristina! Welcome to Siouxcountry! Ladies (and gentlemen), for those of you who don't know Kristina I want to brag on her for a minute. This girl has made some amazing improvements to her physique in the last year. She didn't squeak by with anything! She EARNED it! Congrats on your much deserved top five!

Siouxcountry
04-27-2009, 08:36 PM

Here's some photos of my Emerald Cup experience!

Welcome, Kristina! Congrats on your placing! :waving:

jeff binns
05-01-2009, 12:53 AM
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that the stage shots from the Enerald Cup have been posted on www.herbiceps.com in a FREE gallery.

The stage shots came out great!

We're the only site with Fitness Routine shots!

I also did several shoots with individual competitors.

Stop by and check them out!

Jeff

Siouxcountry
05-01-2009, 01:30 AM
Thanks, Jeff! :waving:

John K
05-01-2009, 01:35 AM
Hi all!

Can someone help me understand the score sheets? I am not sure what the difference is between total score, base score, max, and minimum. How does it all add up? My total score is the same as the 4th and 5th place girls in my group and I landed in 6th and my base score was the same as the 4th place winner. Does it all just come down to the head judge making the decision as to who places where in that case?

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Jennifer Willms

Hi Jennifer,
Without looking at the score sheets to decipher it all, my understanding is this: A "Base" score is the total of all the judges. Your "Final" score is based on your total scores with the high and the low thrown out. If there is a tie in the "Final" score, the min and max scores and placings are factored in.

Kinda makes you miss high school algebra.....:D

Gin
05-01-2009, 01:39 AM
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that the stage shots from the Enerald Cup have been posted on www.herbiceps.com in a FREE gallery.

The stage shots came out great!

We're the only site with Fitness Routine shots!

I also did several shoots with individual competitors.

Stop by and check them out!

Jeff

Oh, my gosh! Jeff, those stage pics are FANTASTIC! I'm so excited! Thank you!