PDA

View Full Version : Q&A with Trainer Cameron Bodner!

Siouxcountry
03-31-2008, 10:16 PM
www.totalpackageforums.com & www.facebook.com/pages/Total-Package/462147320346

Cameron (ParadiseCup) is a District Manager for The Denver Newspaper Agency, NPC Colorado Chief Judge and Owner of Team Total Package with Tracy (Islandgirl).

If you have any questions for Cam, feel free to ask him here. :)

Siouxcountry
03-31-2008, 10:25 PM
Cam and Tracy are very successful trainers. :)

Brandon lost 79 lbs in 27 weeks --competed in The Colorado St. '07

Also won 1st runner -up in the Metrx Challenge. $10.000 richer!

Brandon, Jackie, & Franny...

Shelly
04-01-2008, 12:22 AM
ill start!!!

whats the most efficient way to get my damn calves to GROW!?! (considering mine suck)

oh and the transformations are amazing!!
:)

SBT
04-01-2008, 12:40 AM
Nice work you two!!!

Gonna be following this thread :D I bet it will be full of information!!

dvsness
04-01-2008, 12:58 AM
Can we ask anything?

Does Trace sleep in the nude? :ass:

frannyfran
04-01-2008, 02:32 AM
:shocked: OMG there's my ASS!!!!!! Cam and Tracy are zeee BEST!!!! :bowdown:

SBT
04-01-2008, 02:35 AM
:shocked: OMG there's my ASS!!!!!! Cam and Tracy are zeee BEST!!!! :bowdown:

Girl you look awesome!!! :)

Nice progression!

ParadiseCup
04-01-2008, 01:06 PM
thanks SC !! i'd be glad to share some of the knowledge that i've acquired over the years.

ParadiseCup
04-01-2008, 01:53 PM
ill start!!!

whats the most efficient way to get my damn calves to GROW!?! (considering mine suck)

oh and the transformations are amazing!!
:)What methods of training have you tried ? (exercises, rep range, weight, etc..)
Unfortunately calves are genetic just like the other parts of our body but they can be trained to grow :) Most NPC judges can tell if the calves have been worked and will reward the work as opposed to an athlete that hasn't made the effort.

IMO, "donkey calf raises" is the best exercise for calves, this is due to having the hamstrings stretched which is also stretching the gastroc (the calf muscle that will give you size) causing more tension and therefore more effective.

Reduce the speed of your reps.
Make sure to get a full stretch at the bottom with at least a 4 second pause.
Go barefoot to get a better range of motion.

Again, let me know what you do or have done to better answer your question.

Thanks for your words on the transformations ! We love to help others achieve their goals and better themselves.

ParadiseCup
04-01-2008, 01:58 PM
Nice work you two!!!

Gonna be following this thread :D I bet it will be full of information!!thanks Shannon !!

ParadiseCup
04-01-2008, 02:10 PM
Can we ask anything?please do :D

Does Trace sleep in the nude? :ass:Trace has an awesome :ass: !! She does not sleep in the nude as often as i like. and she has stated a few times that i don't let her sleep when she does. she will begin prepping soon and her metabolism will be elevated, raising her body temperature and then the chance of sleeping nude will be greater :sex:

ParadiseCup
04-01-2008, 02:11 PM
:shocked: OMG there's my ASS!!!!!! Cam and Tracy are zeee BEST!!!! :bowdown:thanks Fran ! we do love working with you and are excited what this year will bring.

anglicanbeachparty
04-01-2008, 02:22 PM
Thanks for this thread, Sioux ... Cameron & Tracy are prepping me, too.

Does that make me a Diva ... or I suppose the male form of that would be Devo! :D

fitmomma3
04-01-2008, 03:20 PM
OK take your time cause I have a few LOL

First and foremost...
Okay have you guys sent FUN ;) PMs on this board yet?
And if so would you like to share them? LMAO! :popcorn:

Do you change training off season to on season (volume, weight, isolations added) and if so at what point?

Are you a fan of HIIT cardio or longer duration lower intensity?

What are your thoughts on off season wight gain... talking beginner here (3-5 years training) needs to make considerable improvements offseason...how far away from contest shape would you say one should go?
A - a hardgainer who loses quickly
B - a middle of the road metabolism - gains muscle well...but also holds fat easily with a surplus of cals

I'll start with those ...but I'll be back...ask Trace I'm all about asking questions :) sorry :o take your time though answering... thanks!

Shelly
04-01-2008, 03:23 PM
What methods of training have you tried ? (exercises, rep range, weight, etc..)
Unfortunately calves are genetic just like the other parts of our body but they can be trained to grow :) Most NPC judges can tell if the calves have been worked and will reward the work as opposed to an athlete that hasn't made the effort.

IMO, "donkey calf raises" is the best exercise for calves, this is due to having the hamstrings stretched which is also stretching the gastroc (the calf muscle that will give you size) causing more tension and therefore more effective.

Reduce the speed of your reps.
Make sure to get a full stretch at the bottom with at least a 4 second pause.
Go barefoot to get a better range of motion.

Again, let me know what you do or have done to better answer your question.

Thanks for your words on the transformations ! We love to help others achieve their goals and better themselves.

well to be honest calves havent been on the top of my agenda for growth this offseason. we incorporate them into DC training... but we have been doing 100 rep sets... which BURN... but again... i need to focus MORE on them as they are noticeably smaller than the rest of me! and my genetics dont help LOL

Thank you for the 411.. I appreciate it! Nick (the hubby) has kicked my booty into gear thus far so we will sit down and come up with a game plan moving forward.

Siouxcountry
04-01-2008, 07:44 PM

Cool! :cool: When is your show?

anglicanbeachparty
04-01-2008, 07:52 PM
Cool! :cool: When is your show?

July 19 ... 15.5 weeks. :angel:

Siouxcountry
04-01-2008, 09:11 PM
July 19 ... 15.5 weeks. :angel:

That's great! Best of luck, Paul! :)

fitmomma3
04-03-2008, 03:39 PM
:bump:

ParadiseCup
04-03-2008, 05:01 PM

First and foremost...

:bump: ok, one at a time :) i hadn't sent any yet on this board, but when i saw you asked, i went and sent Trace one. she told me she read it and that i write well but have had no PM sent back yet. On a number of occasions we have gotten quit a few PM's going back and forth that were really good !!! hey, it's up to IG if she's willing to disclose the contents :popcorn: i do know that when those PM's were going back and forth, it only took me one step inside the door and for her to look out of the room and it was on !! many times not ending until the kids came home...6 hours later :) those days are FUN !!

ParadiseCup
04-03-2008, 05:25 PM
Do you change training off season to on season (volume, weight, isolations added) and if so at what point?that actually depends upon the individuals goals. generally it is lower volume, higher weight and less isolation in the off-season when trying to add muscle (mass). during pre-contest, usually at about the 10 to 8 week out mark we add in more isolation movements, keep the weight as heavy as possible and raise the volume up a bit. One other element that we think is important is the rest time between sets. During pre-contest we gradually decrease the rest time between sets and "speed up" the workout

ParadiseCup
04-05-2008, 04:22 AM
Are you a fan of HIIT cardio or longer duration lower intensity?i like the lower intensity cardio and use HIIT occasionally when needed. this also depends upon the foods the person is eating. if the carbs are higher, we use more HIIT, if the carbs are lower more lower intensity.

ISABELLE TURELL
04-06-2008, 01:32 AM
TeamSkipDivas' MySpace (http://www.myspace.com/teamskipdivas)

Cameron (ParadiseCup) is a District Manager for The Denver Newspaper Agency, NPC Colorado Chief Judge and Owner of TeamSkipDiva’s with Tracy (Islandgirl).

If you have any questions for Cam, feel free to ask him here. :)

I just wanted to pop in and say what a cute couple.

Noel Fuller
04-11-2008, 02:01 AM
Welcome to the site!

buffbabeGA
04-11-2008, 02:41 AM
welcome Cam.. so nice to see you and trace on here....

IslandGirl
04-18-2008, 02:09 PM
Can we ask anything?

Does Trace sleep in the nude? :ass:

please do :D

Trace has an awesome :ass: !! She does not sleep in the nude as often as i like. and she has stated a few times that i don't let her sleep when she does. she will begin prepping soon and her metabolism will be elevated, raising her body temperature and then the chance of sleeping nude will be greater :sex:

LOL. We'll see.

IslandGirl
04-18-2008, 02:10 PM

Does that make me a Diva ... or I suppose the male form of that would be Devo! :D

You're looking so good Paul. Keep at it my friend.

IslandGirl
04-18-2008, 02:12 PM

First and foremost...

ok, one at a time :) i hadn't sent any yet on this board, but when i saw you asked, i went and sent Trace one. she told me she read it and that i write well but have had no PM sent back yet. On a number of occasions we have gotten quit a few PM's going back and forth that were really good !!! hey, it's up to IG if she's willing to disclose the contents :popcorn: i do know that when those PM's were going back and forth, it only took me one step inside the door and for her to look out of the room and it was on !! many times not ending until the kids came home...6 hours later :) those days are FUN !!

Too Much Information. lol.!!!

IslandGirl
04-18-2008, 02:13 PM
I just wanted to pop in and say what a cute couple.

Awwww.....thanks Belle.

anglicanbeachparty
04-18-2008, 06:18 PM
You're looking so good Paul. Keep at it my friend.

Thanks, Tracy. The Magic Mirror in the gym agrees with you ... at least for today. It is fickle.

:tr:

ParadiseCup
05-03-2008, 02:19 PM
What are your thoughts on off season wight gain... talking beginner here (3-5 years training) needs to make considerable improvements offseason...how far away from contest shape would you say one should go?
A - a hardgainer who loses quickly
B - a middle of the road metabolism - gains muscle well...but also holds fat easily with a surplus of calsIMO, the majority of competitors should stay approx 16 weeks out most of the time. i do believe that bodybuilders should look like bodybuilders in the off-season and Figure/Fitness competitors should look their part also. I also believe that you can make sufficient lbm gains while staying relatively lean. A good off-season is usually much harder to attain then a pre-comp, due to many factors - focus, shorter deadlines, etc. True gains are made in the off-season when competitors stick to their nutritional plan and training schedule, which is difficult to do for prolonged periods of time. That's what makes Champions.
A - i would be less concerned with gaining fat and have a much higher calorie diet in general
B - i would tend to keep calories (carbs) lower and try to keep them at about 12 weeks out.

I'll start with those ...but I'll be back...ask Trace I'm all about asking questions :) sorry :o take your time though answering... thanks!anymore :coffee:

ParadiseCup
05-03-2008, 02:21 PM
I just wanted to pop in and say what a cute couple.thanks ! same goes for you and Dave :)

ParadiseCup
05-03-2008, 02:21 PM
Welcome to the site!welcome Cam.. so nice to see you and trace on here....

thanks ! glad to be here !

ParadiseCup
05-03-2008, 02:32 PM
Thanks, Tracy. The Magic Mirror in the gym agrees with you ... at least for today. It is fickle.

:tr:you're still making big changes with more to come !