PDA

View Full Version : After your shows this year............

JasonLannigan
03-29-2009, 03:41 AM
Is your goal to put on less, more, or the same weight you did after your shows in 2008?

KP DIVA
03-29-2009, 03:43 AM
Put on less!! Most definitely!

Stacy Wright
03-29-2009, 05:39 AM
I started to put more.. but I decided to try to put on the same amount, just better muscle to fat ratio =) If I could put on the same amount of weight but have it be muscle, that would be IDEAL!!! I can at least try for it, anyway!

jewelofnile69
03-29-2009, 01:23 PM
I started to put more.. but I decided to try to put on the same amount, just better muscle to fat ratio =) If I could put on the same amount of weight but have it be muscle, that would be IDEAL!!! I can at least try for it, anyway!

Same with me. I will strive to put on the same amount this time (which was too much this last time) but make it more muscle.

In2Fitness
03-29-2009, 01:37 PM
I'm shooting for less weight this time around.

Shelly
03-29-2009, 02:01 PM
around the same!

4evrstroud
03-29-2009, 02:23 PM
Wow, well I was actually wanting to be a little heavier on stage.. After NA and Team U I was a tiny little thing.. For my mass and size, I don't think I should be stepping on stage at 128-130.. I think it's too little for me....

BUFFBARBIE
03-29-2009, 02:32 PM
I am going to put on a little less than this off season. I gained about 5lbs more than I like my norm weight to be(especiallly with summer coming). My last show was in Nov. last year and I was hunnngry! So had a great Thanksgiving and Christmas and new years LOL!!!

ripitupbaby
03-29-2009, 02:59 PM
The goal for me is always less. But I rarely acheive it. :o

Making_A_Change
03-29-2009, 05:58 PM
My last show will be in October. My plans include continuing to eat clean, lifting heavy, and putting on a few pounds of quality mass, and continuing to carve out some glutes and abs and unearth some calves.

Suzanne
03-29-2009, 07:54 PM
I put on the most weight ever in an off season yet was leaner and looked better so "weight" isn't the issue really it's how much FAT put on and i enjoyed this off seasonon the most did the least cardio and ate the most food :awesome:

After my show who knows how much depends on what we decide as far as increasing muscle or not

If i have definition in legs, delts/arms etc I am good

urstrulyhb
03-29-2009, 09:11 PM
i have a love hate relationship with offseason... ever time i look at the mirror im like who are you?? after this yr i am taking a full year off to let my body rest, hopefully i will loose some muscle (my lower over powers my upper) so i will have less muscle size but better muscle quality

vancouverchick
03-29-2009, 10:52 PM
what ever my trainer tells me to do!!! hee hee --- I try not to think about it myself -- leave it in his hands and just do as I'm told!!:bowdown:

Badgergrl
03-30-2009, 02:42 AM
Put on less!! Most definitely!

LOL! I'm with you, girl!

If we're talking fat gain, I definitely will not put my body through what I did last year. I gained 30 lbs in a week, and slowly ballooned up from there. Vanity aside, those rapid extremes are just too unhealthy.

ISABELLE TURELL
03-30-2009, 03:01 AM
Is your goal to put on less, more, or the same weight you did after your shows in 2008?

When I hear this question are you talking about weight as in the scale numbers:p

For me at my level its not about weight but more about what I look like in the mirror. I used to play the numbers game with the scale until I met David and that changed lol.

JasonLannigan
03-30-2009, 03:09 AM
When I hear this question are you talking about weight as in the scale numbers:p

For me at my level its not about weight but more about what I look like in the mirror. I used to play the numbers game with the scale until I met David and that changed lol.

I meant bodyfat. :)

ISABELLE TURELL
03-30-2009, 03:19 AM
I meant bodyfat. :)

I don't think any of us want to add more bodyfat :D

In a good offseason I like to stay around 8-10% bodyfat

JasonLannigan
03-30-2009, 03:25 AM
I don't think any f us want to add more bodyfat :D

I suppose not. :D

2hot4u
03-30-2009, 11:10 AM
isabelle, you are going to have to teach me how to do that!!! I so want to stay in that range. I need to still put on more size so i find i end up adding more weight than desired. Someday i will be at a place where i have the muscle i need and just need to refine and define!!! I don't think any of us want to add more bodyfat :D

In a good offseason I like to stay around 8-10% bodyfat

Bronwyn
03-30-2009, 11:32 AM
I would like to continue to be super lean - if I will be no on stage. And than gain slower but smartly. So probbably gain less but increase muscle mass.

Kolbe
03-30-2009, 11:43 AM
I voted more since I thought you ment more weight as in the number on the scale. I want to get big. I wanna be a bodybuilder both inside and out. Not just on the inside.. So I plan to get heavy ;)
I hope to not add too much fat in the process.
I really can't wait to start having Helle Nielsen as my coach :D

bree marsh
03-30-2009, 01:46 PM
can't really answer this yet! have to wait and see how i do this year! planning on bringing a smaller package to the stage, but i like more muscle in the off-season, so we'll have to wait and see! :cool:

JasonLannigan
03-30-2009, 05:38 PM
I really can't wait to start having Helle Nielsen as my coach :D

She'll be a great coach! :)

Kolbe
03-30-2009, 06:00 PM
I'm sure she will :D

shena
03-30-2009, 06:34 PM
Well, bodyfat wise then definately less. I did better this year than the last. I gained about the same weight, but more muscle. I'd like to improve upon that even more next year but I think it'll mean less chips and salsa in the off season:o

lisaperson
04-02-2009, 12:58 PM
For bodybuilding, I am shooting for being a loooootttt leaner. So I will weigh less for sure. I hope to be able to achieve that. As it is always my problem, but I am in the mindset to reach this goal. By the time I compete, it will almost have been a year, so plenty of time to reach it.

Badgergrl
04-02-2009, 05:04 PM
For bodybuilding, I am shooting for being a loooootttt leaner. So I will weigh less for sure. I hope to be able to achieve that. As it is always my problem, but I am in the mindset to reach this goal. By the time I compete, it will almost have been a year, so plenty of time to reach it.

Sweet! Didn't know you were crossing over to bb. Great decision. Are you competing this year?

ambydawn
04-02-2009, 05:26 PM
I am not sure of comp plans for this year still, but if I do compete I am definitely aiming to gain less fat anyway. I am still in the position where I don't just want to "maintain" my muscle mass, so a few extra pounds of that is never a problem. :)
Sadly, making progress in that arena means you tend to need to be leaner in the offseason to look good. I don't care that my arms or legs look big (I actually like it :cool:) but if you get to the point that you lose definition, it just all looks like fat. So I don't look as good at the bodyfat I carried, say, six years ago. :hmph:

chicky9914
04-04-2009, 11:19 PM
I am 2 weeks out right now from my first show of 2009, and then I'm strongly leaning toward Jr. Nats in Chicago, which would give me 8 more weeks of prep, so a little more time to fine tune some things without getting out of shape. Being young and relatively new to the sport, the goal for me is always to build more muscle maturity when I can, but on the same token, as a fitness competitor, I don't want to sacrifice my routine conditioning. That will probably be much of the theme this year since my shows are kinda spread apart.

tianimexi
04-05-2009, 03:00 AM
I'll be competing through July and then I'm getting married in September, so I'm hoping to maintain through the summer to fit into my dress! I would LOVE to come back from the honeymoon in good enough conditioning to jump into Nationals, but I'm NOT dieting for those 2 weeks:) We'll just have to wait and see...but any added muscle would be welcome!!!

chicky9914
04-05-2009, 05:19 PM
I'll be competing through July and then I'm getting married in September, so I'm hoping to maintain through the summer to fit into my dress! I would LOVE to come back from the honeymoon in good enough conditioning to jump into Nationals, but I'm NOT dieting for those 2 weeks:) We'll just have to wait and see...but any added muscle would be welcome!!!

Tiani - your abs look AMAZING in that photo. What shows are you doing? Congrats on the wedding! That is so exciting :)

tianimexi
04-06-2009, 02:00 AM
Tiani - your abs look AMAZING in that photo. What shows are you doing? Congrats on the wedding! That is so exciting :)

Thank you so much! I'm starting off w/ Jr. Nationals and hopefully we'll meet there:waving: Other than that, I'm planning to jump into a couple local shows in the NJ area and if I can afford it, I'd LOVE to do the USA's too! What shows are you planning?

lisaperson
04-07-2009, 12:58 PM
Sweet! Didn't know you were crossing over to bb. Great decision. Are you competing this year?

Yes I am. I am shooting for a show in August. So that means diet prep begins on Monday. I will have about 16 weeks. I didn't gain enormous weight in off season so I am excited.