PDA

View Full Version : Jan Tana Spray Tan, Oil, etc questions

toese
04-26-2009, 12:18 AM
I have more questions ..... It is my first time and I want to make sure I will do this right.

1. I signed up for the spray tan and what I gather is that they spray you Fri night twice and touchups on Sat. Is that correct?

2. When do I put the muscle juice on? Or is it the pro tan Hot Stuff that I put on? Do I need that if I'm getting sprayed?

3. When exactly do I apply the lipoderm on the day of?

4. Do you guys get your face sprayed as well? If not then what do you do?

Another question:

For those that had babies what do you do about the extra saggy skin on the lower belly? I have just a little bit.

Ok, I think thats it for now.

NYCStrongFox
04-26-2009, 01:37 PM
I have more questions ..... It is my first time and I want to make sure I will do this right.

1. I signed up for the spray tan and what I gather is that they spray you Fri night twice and touchups on Sat. Is that correct?

2. When do I put the muscle juice on? Or is it the pro tan Hot Stuff that I put on? Do I need that if I'm getting sprayed?

3. When exactly do I apply the lipoderm on the day of?

4. Do you guys get your face sprayed as well? If not then what do you do?

Another question:

For those that had babies what do you do about the extra saggy skin on the lower belly? I have just a little bit.

Hey girl! Here's some assistance:

1. That's perfect. They will put the 2 coats on you and on Sat. any smudges can be fixed up. Remember, you need to wear very loose clothing, best is a big t-shirt. Don't sleep with underwear on and put old sheets and pillow case on your bed so you don't ruin your good sheets.

2. You don't need muscle juice or any Hot Stuff. You can purchase (if you haven't already) the Jan Tana Moisturizer and Glaze. Bring latex gloves with you and put a dab of each on your palm, mix and apply. It just gives you a nice touch of smooth, healthy looking skin.

3. Use the lipoderm 2x a day, around the same time you apply it when you are training. Just make it a routine, same time, same amount, everyday.

4. Some of us actually tan at a salon, however, you can buy tanning products for the face. But, the Jan Tana comes with a foundation for your face to match the spray tan. It's really good. A lot of us also buy MAC foundation. It you visit a MAC counter, explain to them that you will be 10x darker and need a foundation that will not wash you out on a stage with the heavy stage lighting.

I never had a child, but I know what you're talking about. Use the Lipoderm there too. When you wear your posing suit, make sure you wear it high on the hips and push in what you can to make it appear flater, however see how it looks around the staps of the bottom. You don't want excess skin to sag out. Bikini Bite is a great tool too to help you keep the straps in place and help from moving. :D

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask anything else (or PM me)! :waving:

toese
04-26-2009, 09:39 PM
Thanks do much for replying back to me. I was kinda wondering why no one responded.

I signed up for the Jan Tana spray for Fri. They already sent me the moistureizer and the scrub. I do know that they put on the glaze for you as well.

When my husband did it last year some guy put posing oil on him even though he had the glaze on.

So I don't need the oil or hot stuff?

I saw the color that most people use w/ MAC. It just seemed so super dark so it scared me off a bit. Has anyone here tried the Jan Tana foundation?

If not I was thinking of buying 2 different colors of cheap foundation and try to mix the colors myself. (I used to be a makeup artist a long time ago so I am pretty good w/ colors) But I have never played w/ Spray tan color before.

Again, I appreciate you answering my questions!! It was helpful!!

NYCStrongFox
04-26-2009, 10:19 PM
Thanks do much for replying back to me. I was kinda wondering why no one responded.

I signed up for the Jan Tana spray for Fri. They already sent me the moistureizer and the scrub. I do know that they put on the glaze for you as well.

When my husband did it last year some guy put posing oil on him even though he had the glaze on.

So I don't need the oil or hot stuff?

I saw the color that most people use w/ MAC. It just seemed so super dark so it scared me off a bit. Has anyone here tried the Jan Tana foundation?

If not I was thinking of buying 2 different colors of cheap foundation and try to mix the colors myself. (I used to be a makeup artist a long time ago so I am pretty good w/ colors) But I have never played w/ Spray tan color before.

Again, I appreciate you answering my questions!! It was helpful!!

Hey Linda, glad I can offer some assistance.

The moisturizer is great. The scrub needs to be used at least 48 hours before you do the spray tan to remove any dead skin so the spray takes well, especially if you have dry patches. 24 hours b/f the spray tan, I recommend you also use a hair remover, shave or wax your legs & bikini area, but can also do your arms, glutes and back if you have a lot of fine hairs. It will help too with the spray tan (but you don't have to do all that, up to you).

You don't need the oil or hot stuff b/c you're not a bodybuilder. If all they have is oil backstage at the show and they oil you down, make sure you're not super oiled up. You just need a dab on your physique. Bodybuilders are different, so you can't go by what they look like. During your pre-judging meeting though, an expeditor might say no oiling up for the figure competitors.

The color from MAC is dark. Keep in mind that the stage lights are so bright, it washes you out. You don't want a tan physique and a white face. It's the whole package from your hair to your toes. You have to put the dark foundation and make up heavier than you would on a regular day. If you could find someone to do your make-up, that would be great. If not, I recommend you practice at least once on applying the make-up. I've used the foundation that came in the Jan Tana kit and it worked great. Yes, you need to have it that dark. You can also look for over the counter foundations made for dark skin women. Look at L'Oreal and Covergirl. :waving:

Jordan Hunter
04-27-2009, 10:55 AM
I recomend a salt bases scrub, a bodyshop one.Although its not the best thing to say, the Jan Tana scrubs isnt so great.What I suggest will give a better canvas to work with the tan.

toese
04-27-2009, 02:23 PM
I recomend a salt bases scrub, a bodyshop one.Although its not the best thing to say, the Jan Tana scrubs isnt so great.What I suggest will give a better canvas to work with the tan.

Yes, I have noticed that Jan Tana's scrub isn't the best body scrub and I do have very dry patchy skin. I've sampled bodyshop's scrubs before and they are the best. Thanks for reminding me.

Now was it the nc45 or nw45 in MAC foundation? The compact foundation right? Not the liquid??

kimbe
04-27-2009, 03:22 PM
Linda, be sure you complete your hair removal before you get sprayed.

I didn't know that was an issue for 1st show, but I learned it the hard way (tanner forms around root and appears like a small black dot)

Now, I always get waxed 5-6 days before comp day.

Kim

dvsness
04-27-2009, 04:48 PM
Are you asking about using Lipoderm on the day of the show? NO!! That is for use leading up to the show if you choose. I'd drop it 7-10 days out because it can cause localized water retention.

AmyKempfer
04-27-2009, 05:08 PM
Are you asking about using Lipoderm on the day of the show? NO!! That is for use leading up to the show if you choose. I'd drop it 7-10 days out because it can cause localized water retention.

How did i not know of this lipoderm product??? Geez. 25 days left till show, is it worth it to try and order some?

NYCStrongFox
04-27-2009, 05:41 PM

Yeah, we mentioned that in a previous post that she needs to stop at least the week before her show. :D

How did i not know of this lipoderm product??? Geez. 25 days left till show, is it worth it to try and order some?

Where have you been? LOL You can order it now and try it for 2 weeks.

ISABELLE TURELL
04-27-2009, 07:41 PM
I highl agree with her and these are great tips

Hey girl! Here's some assistance:

1. That's perfect. They will put the 2 coats on you and on Sat. any smudges can be fixed up. Remember, you need to wear very loose clothing, best is a big t-shirt. Don't sleep with underwear on and put old sheets and pillow case on your bed so you don't ruin your good sheets.

2. You don't need muscle juice or any Hot Stuff. You can purchase (if you haven't already) the Jan Tana Moisturizer and Glaze. Bring latex gloves with you and put a dab of each on your palm, mix and apply. It just gives you a nice touch of smooth, healthy looking skin.

3. Use the lipoderm 2x a day, around the same time you apply it when you are training. Just make it a routine, same time, same amount, everyday.

4. Some of us actually tan at a salon, however, you can buy tanning products for the face. But, the Jan Tana comes with a foundation for your face to match the spray tan. It's really good. A lot of us also buy MAC foundation. It you visit a MAC counter, explain to them that you will be 10x darker and need a foundation that will not wash you out on a stage with the heavy stage lighting.

I never had a child, but I know what you're talking about. Use the Lipoderm there too. When you wear your posing suit, make sure you wear it high on the hips and push in what you can to make it appear flater, however see how it looks around the staps of the bottom. You don't want excess skin to sag out. Bikini Bite is a great tool too to help you keep the straps in place and help from moving. :D

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask anything else (or PM me)! :waving:

toese
04-27-2009, 09:15 PM
Linda, be sure you complete your hair removal before you get sprayed.

I didn't know that was an issue for 1st show, but I learned it the hard way (tanner forms around root and appears like a small black dot)

Now, I always get waxed 5-6 days before comp day.

Kim

Just on the legs right?

dvsness
04-27-2009, 09:19 PM
Just on the legs right?

Remove all hair. ;)

I just shave (or have my bf shave where I can't reach) my whole body... every tiny little peach fuzz. They not only get dark spots at the root from tanner, but they will catch the stage lighting and reflect, often blurring your lines.

toese
04-27-2009, 09:22 PM
YES!!!!! Definitely GREAT TIPS!!!!!!

Will Bikini Byte be good enough to tuck that loose skin below the belly or should I get some sort of tape?

I'm putting another order in today or tomorrow and I want to make sure I got everything this time.

If there is anything else I need for the day of or a few days before the show PLEASE PLEASE let me know.

My friends who did the comp last year took niacin and some sort of gel stuff to make the veins and muscles look bigger right before they went on stage but they don't know what it was. It was all natural stuff thats all I know. ANyone here know what I'm talking about?

jen-fit
04-28-2009, 07:39 PM
If anyone is interested I have a brand-new combo kit from Jan Tana. I ordered it from them before my last show, and when I was worried it wouldn't arrive in time, I ordered another set from BB.com. Sure enough it didn't come in time, and now I have an extra set. I paid $34.95 + shipping.

Included:

High Definition Competition Color
Exfoliator Gel
Application Pad

I'll sell it for $30 + shipping.

LMK if you are interested.

kimbe
04-28-2009, 08:16 PM
Just on the legs right?

Oops Linda, you definitely need to give that issue more attention (as mentioned in other replies).

Simply, the more hair you get rid of, the better you'll' appear on stage!

Your bikini line need to be close to perfect, you don't want to rashes or razor burns!

YES!!!!! Definitely GREAT TIPS!!!!!!

Will Bikini Byte be good enough to tuck that loose skin below the belly or should I get some sort of tape?

Bikini Bite does not provide a really strong hold (I never use it anymore). You might need something with a stronger hold.

If there is anything else I need for the day of or a few days before the show PLEASE PLEASE let me know.

Check http://figureathlete.tmuscle.com/free_online_forum/sports_model_body_women_training_beauty_figure_pre paration/competition_check_list

Kim

LisaFit
04-28-2009, 09:49 PM
Another question:

If possible, wear a suit that covers a little extra in that area. Even though suits with a super low cut in front is very popular these days, always seek a suit that flattens your physique!

Use lipoderm too.

Lisa

toese
04-29-2009, 02:13 AM
Whole body huh? Thank goodness I don't have much hair.
Thanks for all the advice girls!!!

I already ordered the bikini bite and I'm going to look for some double sided tape that can stick to skin and fabric. Has anyone here used tape or some adhesive?

jlay
05-05-2009, 08:01 PM
Does everyone get spray tanned at most of the national level shows? I have only done local/regional level shows & have always done my own tan with the help of my husband. It seems that at the national level everyone pays someone to do it. I always thought my color looked fine. Does it really make a difference or is it just for the convenience?

dvsness
05-05-2009, 08:16 PM
Does everyone get spray tanned at most of the national level shows? I have only done local/regional level shows & have always done my own tan with the help of my husband. It seems that at the national level everyone pays someone to do it. I always thought my color looked fine. Does it really make a difference or is it just for the convenience?

I got sprayed at the NAs because if I brought my own airbrush to the hotel, I'd wreck the room! If I'm local, we can do it at home.

figurechick85
05-05-2009, 09:20 PM
Yes, I have noticed that Jan Tana's scrub isn't the best body scrub and I do have very dry patchy skin. I've sampled bodyshop's scrubs before and they are the best. Thanks for reminding me.

Now was it the nc45 or nw45 in MAC foundation? The compact foundation right? Not the liquid??

Def use the MAC nw45 it is the perfect color if you are using jan tana. when i went to buy it i was so scared that i was going to look way too dark. once i had the tan on the rest of my body my face looked normal with the MAC. i would also get a darker blush to use as well

toese
05-05-2009, 10:21 PM
Def use the MAC nw45 it is the perfect color if you are using jan tana. when i went to buy it i was so scared that i was going to look way too dark. once i had the tan on the rest of my body my face looked normal with the MAC. i would also get a darker blush to use as well

Did you use the spray tan by Jan tana or the stuff they sell on their website?

LisaFit
05-06-2009, 08:43 AM

I guess people choose spray tanning service both for the convenience and to guarantee a good result, especially those with little experience with competition tanners.
With a little experience, you can get just the same tan yourself!

Lisa