PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Lonestar Classic

jlay
05-07-2009, 06:15 PM
Is anyone doing the Lonestar Classic on June 6, or has anyone done it in the past years? It is in Plano, TX. I plan on competing & am so ready for it to hurry up & get here!

Shelly
05-07-2009, 07:18 PM
hey girl when did u move to TEXAS???

jlay
05-07-2009, 07:31 PM
hey girl when did u move to TEXAS???

About 6 months ago. I'm in Houston, & I love being back in the south. My husband & I are originally from Tennessee, so I feel back at home. No more crazy winters for me! LOL!

Sylvie
05-08-2009, 12:39 PM
So you're not from Texas, but you got here as fast as you could! Awesome! Welcome to Houston! I live just on the outskirts of Houston and love it here. As for the Lonestar Classic, I won't be participating, but will probably be there so I look forward to hopefully meeting you! What is it now? 4 weeks out. Almost there! Best of luck to you!! Are you going to do any other shows. Branch Warren in Conroe will be much closer for you. It's just off 45 North, maybe 30-45 min. It's in July. Anyway, good luck!

Siouxcountry
05-08-2009, 02:02 PM
So you're not from Texas, but you got here as fast as you could! Awesome! Welcome to Houston! I live just on the outskirts of Houston and love it here. As for the Lonestar Classic, I won't be participating, but will probably be there so I look forward to hopefully meeting you! What is it now? 4 weeks out. Almost there! Best of luck to you!! Are you going to do any other shows. Branch Warren in Conroe will be much closer for you. It's just off 45 North, maybe 30-45 min. It's in July. Anyway, good luck!

Hi, Sylvie! :waving: Welcome! :)

4 weeks away. Details...........

http://www.optimumfitness.com/contests_npc_info/lone_star_classic/index.html

jlay
05-08-2009, 04:04 PM

Thank so much! 4 wks to go. I'm doing Jr Nationals 2 wks later, & then that will probably be it for the year. I'm starting my new nursing job at the end of June & don't think I'll be able to get any time off for a while. Plus, it's going to be pretty stressful being my first job out of school. I'm just excited I made it to graduation & passed my RN boards while prepping! I hope to meet you. We'll have to get in touch a little closer to the show & work something out.

JLB001
05-08-2009, 04:07 PM
I miss Houston. Its a place you either love or hate. I'm one that loved living there. Small SE Texas just isn't the same.

Good luck with your upcoming shows.

Ms.Fizeek
05-08-2009, 04:27 PM
How far is Plano from Houston? I am doing a natural competition the secaond week in June and maybe can do Lonestar.

JLB001
05-08-2009, 05:53 PM
How far is Plano from Houston? I am doing a natural competition the secaond week in June and maybe can do Lonestar.

4 hours depending how fast you drive. could be a tad less or a tad more. lol

4evrstroud
05-28-2009, 03:20 AM
Hey, I did the lonestar last year :)

jlay
05-29-2009, 02:55 PM
Hey, I did the lonestar last year :)

How did you like it? Was it a well run show & nice venue? Hopefully I'll have some of your good luck!;)

4evrstroud
06-02-2009, 01:33 AM
It was kinda crowded backstage, but most places are.. I used the bathrooms in front lobby to get ready.. It was private, only a few competitors up there and then whomever walked in and out......I was afraid of the stairs, but I got past them ;)

jlay
06-03-2009, 07:46 PM
It was kinda crowded backstage, but most places are.. I used the bathrooms in front lobby to get ready.. It was private, only a few competitors up there and then whomever walked in and out......I was afraid of the stairs, but I got past them ;)

Thanks! I'll keep that in mind. 2 more days to go!

Siouxcountry
06-03-2009, 07:49 PM
Good luck this weekend, Jenifer! :waving:

Amber Arthur
06-05-2009, 05:47 AM
Thanks! I'll keep that in mind. 2 more days to go!

I will be competing at Lone Star as well. I am a little nervous since it is my first show and I still have no clue what to expect from the Bikini Division but, I am ready!!! I am sure I will see you this weekend. Good luck Jenifer! :D

Siouxcountry
06-05-2009, 06:03 AM
I will be competing at Lone Star as well. I am a little nervous since it is my first show and I still have no clue what to expect from the Bikini Division but, I am ready!!! I am sure I will see you this weekend. Good luck Jenifer! :D

Good luck, Amber! :waving:

jlay
06-05-2009, 01:28 PM

Aww, thanks! I look forward to meeting you. It should be fun. I am so excited! Good luck to you too!

jlay
06-05-2009, 01:34 PM
Good luck this weekend, Jenifer! :waving:

Thanks Sioux! I am a little nervous about my color, but other than that, I'm ready to go! I am doing my own tan for this show & in the past have always used Protan. This time I had decided to use Protan for 2 coats & then Jan Tana Hi def. Well, last night I poured the protan in a bowl & it looked like it had a green tint before I even started applying it. I was scared to use it, so I just started with the Jan Tana. The color is looking nice, but it does not seem to soak in as well as the Protan. This was the whole reason I was planning to use Protan first. If something turns out real ugly, I know Mary Hobbs will be at the show tanning people & maybe she could spray a coat on me. She is spraying my for Jr Nats too. I'm off to get my hair done & get ready to hit the road. I have about a 4 hr drive to Plano.

Jeff Dwelle
06-05-2009, 05:33 PM
Watch out for NPC Ronnie Coleman Classic Figure Overall Champion Angel Whitmire in her Bikini debut this weekend at the Lone Star Classic. She will bring heat!!!

Also, watch out for last year's NPC Lone Star Classic Figure D-Class and Masters 35+ Class Champion Kim Sheppard in her Bikini debut, both in the open class and the masters class. She looks ridiculous!!!

Siouxcountry
06-05-2009, 06:01 PM
Watch out for NPC Ronnie Coleman Classic Figure Overall Champion Angel Whitmire in her Bikini debut this weekend at the Lone Star Classic. She will bring heat!!!

That is surprising, considering she has done so well in figure. Good luck to Angel! :)

Is she still planning on competing at the USAs?

Jeff Dwelle
06-05-2009, 09:34 PM
Angel is on track for the USA's. Which division she will compete in will be determined after this weekend.

4evrstroud
06-06-2009, 05:45 AM
Wanted to say Good Luck to you this weekend hun!!! GO TURN UP THE HEAT!!!

awhitmire
06-06-2009, 08:11 PM
Wanted to say Good Luck to you this weekend hun!!! GO TURN UP THE HEAT!!!

Thank you so much! I will bring it!!! :trophy:

Ashley_Brand
06-07-2009, 10:47 PM
any idea where there is pictures and results? :popcorn:

Siouxcountry
06-07-2009, 11:10 PM
any idea where there is pictures and results? :popcorn:

Not yet, but MD is suppose to upload pics from the show. I guess we wait.

Jeff, Jenifer, Angel, Amber,

How was the show?

Jeff Dwelle
06-08-2009, 01:36 AM
The bikini division was the most competitive we've had in Texas this year. The top-three in both the short-class and the tall-class were all excellent.

Congratulations to Angel Whitmire for winning the bikini tall-class and the bikini overall!!!! Also, congratulations to Kim Sheppard for placing 2nd in the bikini tall-class and winning the master's bikini division!!!!

One other woman to watch that competed at the Lone Star Classic is heavyweight bodybuilder Sarah Hayes. She has a ton of potential. Once she gets her conditioning down she will be very competitive at the national-level.

I haven't seen any pic's from the show but will let you all know when I do.

Siouxcountry
06-08-2009, 01:42 AM
Another victory for Angel! :awesome: Thanks for the news Jeff. :)

awhitmire
06-08-2009, 02:12 AM
Another victory for Angel! :awesome: Thanks for the news Jeff. :)

Thank you very much!!!

shena
06-08-2009, 02:28 PM
Thank you very much!!!

Excellent news! Congrats Angel!!

Siouxcountry
06-08-2009, 03:24 PM
MD is uploading pics today..............

http://www.musculardevelopment.com/browse/index.php?mode=contest&eventcode=1328

At the time I post this I see no results on the above page.

Amber Arthur
06-08-2009, 05:36 PM
Not yet, but MD is suppose to upload pics from the show. I guess we wait.

Jeff, Jenifer, Angel, Amber,

How was the show?

The show was great and very competitive! I placed third in the Bikini Tall Division and I am very pleased since it was my first time competing and it was such a competitive category! Congrats to Angel and Jenifer!!!

jlay
06-09-2009, 12:15 AM
The show was great and very competitive! I placed third in the Bikini Tall Division and I am very pleased since it was my first time competing and it was such a competitive category! Congrats to Angel and Jenifer!!!

Thank you so much! Congrats to you too! You looked wonderful, & it was a pleasure meeting you.

jlay
06-09-2009, 12:18 AM
Congrats to Angel & Kim! They both looked awesome & were very sweet. I spent a little time talking to them the morning of prejudging. I can't believe Kim Sheppard is Master's over 35. She is one hot mama!

I placed 3rd in class D & was very happy with how I looked. I need to work on my presentation more than anything I think.

Amber Arthur
06-09-2009, 03:10 AM
The bikini division was the most competitive we've had in Texas this year. The top-three in both the short-class and the tall-class were all excellent.

Congratulations to Angel Whitmire for winning the bikini tall-class and the bikini overall!!!! Also, congratulations to Kim Sheppard for placing 2nd in the bikini tall-class and winning the master's bikini division!!!!

One other woman to watch that competed at the Lone Star Classic is heavyweight bodybuilder Sarah Hayes. She has a ton of potential. Once she gets her conditioning down she will be very competitive at the national-level.

I haven't seen any pic's from the show but will let you all know when I do.

Pics are posted on musculardevelopment.com :o)

Siouxcountry
06-09-2009, 03:28 AM
Thanks, Amber!

http://www.musculardevelopment.com/browse/index.php?mode=contest&eventcode=1328

Bikini champ Angel Whitmire.............. :)

Siouxcountry
06-09-2009, 03:31 AM

Congrats Amber! Hope you enjoyed the show! :)

Siouxcountry
06-09-2009, 03:37 AM
I placed 3rd in class D & was very happy with how I looked. I need to work on my presentation more than anything I think.

Congrats Jenifer! I am still waiting for MD to upload your photos. Are you still competing in Chicago? :)