PDA

View Full Version : After party of good place to eat open late!!!

Gennid
05-16-2009, 02:12 PM
Does anyone know of an organized after party or even a good place that's open late with good food nearby? You know besides the hotel lobby :) Although they can be a lot of fun too.

Just checking. Usually I head back to my room order room service and go to bed. I know I can't be the only one who is exhausted after a show. It's physically exhausting waiting around back stage. Really wears me out. :rofl:

tkokayde
05-16-2009, 04:47 PM
Say it with me...IHOP. Who's in? Lol!

There's a place in downtown Charleston called Cupcake. All they sell is cupcakes and they're supposed to be the world's best. My hubby was supposed to get me one when we were down there for a show in August, but he forgot. And then they weren't open the next day (note to everyone: closed on Sundays). So, if he forgets again this year, he's dead!

KP DIVA
05-16-2009, 06:01 PM
To be honest the hotel lobby at the host hotel is the place to be!! I had such a good time just ppl watching down there last year. Lots going on....and the happy hour was pretty interesting as well. The food was pretty good! I order buffalo wings, which surprisingly did not upset my stomach!!

tkokayde
05-16-2009, 06:48 PM
How late are we thinking the show will be over? Will the lobby restaurant still be up and running? I'm not sure how the setup is.

shena
05-16-2009, 07:47 PM
Dazed and confused but the talk of food got my attention. Did I hear happy hour??? Oh, it's been so long...

Erik
05-16-2009, 08:59 PM
How late are we thinking the show will be over? Will the lobby restaurant still be up and running? I'm not sure how the setup is.

I can't remember what time they stop serving - I think maybe 1? Maybe it was 2.

KP DIVA
05-16-2009, 09:29 PM

I can't remember what time they stop serving - I think maybe 1? Maybe it was 2.

Last year the show was over around 10ish I believe....when I left the lobby they were still serving food, I'm thinking atleast 1:00 possibly 2.

I missed the happy hour, but ppl were talking about it....there was a competitor who decided to get her drink on, and it was very evident back stage.

sue upson
05-17-2009, 12:13 AM
I'm in!

tkokayde
05-17-2009, 12:31 AM
I missed the happy hour, but ppl were talking about it....there was a competitor who decided to get her drink on, and it was very evident back stage.

Oh dear...no no no. The last show I was in, the figure girls were all getting BLASTED on cheap wine backstage. Too funny.

I do wonder how quickly things will go. I mean, yeah, we have bikini now, but will not having the 1 piece even it out?

Siouxcountry
05-17-2009, 12:36 AM

I think I know who you are referring too. :D Was it evident on stage as well?

LIFTstudios
05-17-2009, 01:26 AM
The last three years it was the easiest, most relaxing and enjoyable to order pizza and hang in the Hotel Lobby. There is no official after party. There are some places nearby now that there wasn't before as the area has been built up.

I'll be in the lobby getting my pizza grub on.

DanielleA
05-17-2009, 01:36 AM
MMMMmmmmmmm all this pizza talk is making me hungry!! 5 more weeks til some Chi-town deep dish :D

tkokayde
05-17-2009, 01:50 AM
Ooooohhhhh pizza...Isaac, can I share? Just kidding. I was stupid enough to schedule a photo shoot for Sunday. :banghead:

LIFTstudios
05-17-2009, 02:10 AM
Ooooohhhhh pizza...Isaac, can I share? Just kidding. I was stupid enough to schedule a photo shoot for Sunday. :banghead:

Many times people look better the next day - not as depleted and full. As long as you don't down 10 margaritas and 3 pizzas you should be fine to enjoy yourself a bit after the show. :awesome:

Gennid
05-17-2009, 02:48 PM
Oh yeah Isaac. you may have to get your elbows up and ready to fend me off. I'm a pizzaholic!!!!!! :D That seems to be my meal of choice right after the show.

It sounds like the lobby will be the place to be. I just wanted to make sure that they would have a little food for us. Also sounds like I need to bring my camera and hang with you. Could get a little interesting. It's always fun to people watch, especially when they haven't been able to get their drink on for months.

6 days..... but who's counting

AmyKempfer
05-17-2009, 03:13 PM
Many times people look better the next day - not as depleted and full. As long as you don't down 10 margaritas and 3 pizzas you should be fine to enjoy yourself a bit after the show. :awesome:

Oh yeah girl, my shoots are sunday as well and I'm definitely eating!!! You will look and feel better too. As long as you don't dump a shaker of salt on your food (which you won't anyhow) you'll be fine. It's not like you can "gain fat" in a day, plus you're depleated anyhow.

sandi_stuart
05-17-2009, 06:40 PM
Last time I did this show (2006), we ended up at some white trash dive bar about 2 blocks away from the hotel. There was a live country band and the most random assortment of people you could imagine.........
It was one of the best times I've ever had after a show! A couple of drinks, some greasy bar food, dancing in the aisles, and primo people watching. LOL. Wish I could remember the name of it.

LIFTstudios
05-21-2009, 12:22 AM
I almost forgot the best part of the host hotel. Free Drinks and Snacks n the afternoon. I know the competitors don't care but the significant others may want to take advantage of a cocktail.

:awesome: :popcorn:

Marie Ann Newman
05-21-2009, 09:35 PM
Don't forget about the cook to order awesome breakfast the hotel has for Free... It is awesome. The lobby at this hotel is wonderful, a lot going on the whole weekend. The downtown area is not far away, few minutes by car and it is always hopping down there. Great food and fun... This show is so great to kick start the year. I am so pumped for this one. Lets all go and have some fun, good luck to everyone.

LIFTstudios
05-22-2009, 05:22 AM
Will be heading to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the UFC fights after the finals on Saturday. Should be a great time.

Enjoyed watching the Nuggets win tonight at the hotel bar/lounge!

:cool:

jasons805
05-22-2009, 06:18 AM
Wild Wing Cafe "Wild Wings" is much better.
Will be heading to Buffalo Wild Wings to watch the UFC fights after the finals on Saturday. Should be a great time.

LIFTstudios
05-22-2009, 11:57 AM
Wild Wing Cafe "Wild Wings" is much better.Does this wild wings you speak of exist in Charleston, near the hotel and play the UFC event?

tkokayde
05-22-2009, 01:09 PM
Oh goodness, Wild Wing Cafe is so good. We have one that just opened up in Raleigh. Best part is, they will grill shrimp for you and put whatever sauce you choose on top, in case you're not big on the wing thing.

We got in last night around 11...I spent about 45 min. drooling over the book of menus from local restaurants that they have in the lobby. It has pictures! One day closer to food ladies!!!

ibarramedia
05-22-2009, 01:56 PM

That was painful bro. The Lakers will have to win in Denver.

Laurel
05-22-2009, 06:11 PM
Say it with me...IHOP. Who's in? Lol!

There's a place in downtown Charleston called Cupcake. All they sell is cupcakes and they're supposed to be the world's best. My hubby was supposed to get me one when we were down there for a show in August, but he forgot. And then they weren't open the next day (note to everyone: closed on Sundays). So, if he forgets again this year, he's dead!

Ok, you sold me on the cupcakes....I had my family buy me some today for after the show tomorrow! :drool3::p

tkokayde
05-22-2009, 06:15 PM
Ok, you sold me on the cupcakes....I had my family buy me some today for after the show tomorrow! :drool3::p

Lol! Too funny! My hubby is on his way there right now!

KMS
05-22-2009, 07:33 PM
There was a mexican rest. about a block away that was open fairly late two years ago when I was there. The food was good. I know that when we got there it was closing in about an hour. I wish I could remember what time I got there. Sorry. Lot's of girls went there.

KristenAnn
05-23-2009, 01:20 AM
I am a bit late responding to this, but I am at that same conference center and hotel, quite often, for work. They have built up alot of restaurants and stores around there, BUT not many are open past 9, or 10. The mexican restaurant definitely is still there. I was there about a month ago! :p They are one of the only ones I could find open late and have yummy chips and salsa and decent margaritas. They are dirt cheap too! It is up the street, on the left, where Panera and Starbucks are.
Enjoy your cheat meals afterwards, ladies and be careful with the margaritas!:drool3:

jasons805
05-23-2009, 03:20 AM
Does this wild wings you speak of exist in Charleston, near the hotel and play the UFC event?
Not really sure how close they are to the show, but when you speak of Wind Wing's most know those places since Charleston was one of it's first locations.
36 N. Market St.
Charleston, SC 29401
or
7618 Rivers Avenue
N. Charleston, SC 29406
http://www.wildwingcafe.com/