PDA

View Full Version : Meriza DeGuzman - IFBB Pro

Pages : [1] 2

Siouxcountry
02-14-2008, 05:41 AM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c155/coconutsandapples/NEW/merizafigurebanner.jpg (http://www.merizafigure.com)

Meriza had a brilliant year in 07, turned pro at the NPC Figure Nationals (http://www.musculardevelopment.com/browse/index.php?mode=browse&id=4900&eventcode=1137), and went on to QUALIFY for the Ms Figure Olympia at her very first pro show (3rd at the IFBB Tournament of Champions (http://www.musculardevelopment.com/browse/index.php?mode=browse&id=4900&eventcode=1196)). :cool:

This is all just the beginning for this young woman! :awesome:

She is also a successful fitness model, and has recently completed a DVD named The Art of Figure...

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c155/coconutsandapples/NEW/cdcoversm.jpg LINK (http://www.merizafigure.com/pages/store.php?p=8)

2007 Tournament of Champions...

Siouxcountry
02-14-2008, 05:53 AM
And she too has had a photo shoot with the legend John Stutz...

LINK (http://www.johnstutz.com/set.asp?fit_girls,meriza_de_guzman) :cool:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c155/coconutsandapples/NEW/M102.jpg

IslandGirl
02-14-2008, 05:57 AM
Very nice!

ripitupbaby
02-14-2008, 02:20 PM
Awesome...LOVE the John Stutz pics!!

Shelly
02-14-2008, 03:29 PM
her body is sickk! and nice shots by stutz!

gymdiva
02-14-2008, 03:50 PM
man what a thick back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cray17
02-14-2008, 07:15 PM
Yes...she has an incredible physique. I see her having a very good year, and no doubt she will grace the Olympia stage once again in 2008, and maybe the Arnold next year.

http://www.hardfitness.com/competitions/olympia2007/profigure/merizadeguzman/twopiece/images/DSC_9596.jpg

:awesome:

Meriza
02-15-2008, 07:51 PM
Hi Everyone!

Thank you so much for all your kind words and support...Sioux thanks for the great thread...Goodluck with your new board! You will be seeing alot of me here!

xoxo
Meriza

IslandGirl
02-15-2008, 07:52 PM
Hi Meriza! :aloha: and welcome!!! So glad to have you here!

ripitupbaby
02-15-2008, 08:01 PM
HEY MERIZA!

Welcome!! Hope you stick around!!

What are your competition plans for this year? (besides the Olympia LOL!)

Siouxcountry
02-15-2008, 08:14 PM
Hi Everyone!

Thank you so much for all your kind words and support...Sioux thanks for the great thread...Goodluck with your new board! You will be seeing alot of me here!

xoxo
Meriza

Welcome, Meriza! :waving:

I too would love to know your competitive plans this year? Will you be competing at the California Pro & Tournament of Champions?

Thanks for joining us here. :)

Meriza
02-16-2008, 04:09 AM
Thank's for the warm welcome...I feel so at home already!lol!

I have 4 shows mapped out for 2008 besides the Olympia 2008.lol!
Iam currently prepping for the Cal Pro in May, followed by Houston Pro, Europa Pro show and TOC...and if GOd permits, I can make it once again at the OLYMPIA...Iam so excited for this year, since i have a really productive off-season...i have gain good quality weight off-season...So, let us see how I stand with our BIgger Pro Figure girls!lol!

again, thank you so much for making me feel so welcome...

BTW, iam going to the IRONMAN in LA tommorow...If any of you guys and gals see me, please feel free to stop me and chat!

Got to finish cooking!...see you all soon!

xoxo
Meriza

dallas3
02-16-2008, 04:14 AM
Welcome here Meriza and all the best for a successful 2008 for you:awesome:

cray17
02-16-2008, 04:20 AM
Welcome Meriza!!! Glad you made it to the Sioux Board! :waving:

Wow...five shows (yes, I'm gonna count the Olympia! LOL. It's not cockiness; it's confidence.) I guess all I can say on that is...go out there and kill it...619 style. Booyaka Booyaka 619! :respect: (Only fans of WWE high-flier Rey Mysterio will understand the last part.) HAHA! :awesome:

ripitupbaby
02-16-2008, 04:43 AM
Wow, awesome...that's a full schedule! Best of luck to you this year!

IslandGirl
02-16-2008, 05:14 AM
What a full plate! I know you will ROCK dat stage! All the best to you!

Siouxcountry
02-16-2008, 05:14 AM
Meriza I added you to our list of competitors... LINK (http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?t=68)

You are our first pro to be listed. :respect:

Meriza
02-16-2008, 05:15 AM
It's definitely a long season...But iam sooo excited to be on stage soon!
I have been really training harder than ever...And I want that spot at the OLYMPIA!lol!

xoxo

IslandGirl
02-16-2008, 05:17 AM
It's definitely a long season...But iam sooo excited to be on stage soon!
I have been really training harder than ever...And I want that spot at the OLYMPIA!lol!

xoxo

I have no doubt....you will get that spot!!! Keep training hard as you are and keep the mindset. AND also believe in yourself as others believe in you!

Ondrea
02-17-2008, 11:40 PM
Welcome, glad to have you on here! Congrats on your steller 07 year...I know 08 will be even better for you. I love those Stutz pics, the one with teh belt is awesome!

Siouxcountry
02-17-2008, 11:51 PM
Meriza how was the Ironman?

:)

Meriza
02-18-2008, 03:51 AM
Hi, everyone!

I just got back today from the FITEXPO/IRONMAN...My girl Danielle Edmonds just won the Amateur Figure Overall!...Iam sooo excited for her 2008 season...both Dani and her husband Derik are so sweet!...She is such a dedicated, positive, hard-charged person...and I am sooo positive that she will earn that well-deserved PRO figure card this year...She just started her season and she will be doing all the National figure shows this year until she gets that Card...go Dani!

The BB men were sooo awesome...Lotsa beef on stage...lol!...Phil Heath was the obvious winner...But it could have gone either way with him and Gustavo Badell...The Pro guys were surely entertaining last night...I was kinda dissappointed about Tony Freeman.....He was soo wonderful last year...But it's just the start,right?...I know he will get it again together for his upcoming shows...One personal fave of mine, was Ray Arde...He did his PRO DEBUT...he did top 15 out of 32 beefy guys...LOL!...He looked awesome for his first time on a pro stage!...BTW, He is Filipino like me too...lol!

The FITEXPO, was not as overwhelming as the Olympia...But just had enough stuff going on to keep me on my toes for a bit...I bumped into some familiar faces and friends as I went though the booths...Got some good bargains on some active wear by Equilibrium...hungout for a bit at the ALR booth, since my better half PETER Ciccone was stuck this time at a booth...lol!...

well, looking forward seeing you all at the ARNOLD! Make sure to stop by the Europa booth and say hi!

xoxo
Meriza

gymdiva
02-18-2008, 03:55 AM
619 style. Booyaka Booyaka 619! :respect: (Only fans of WWE high-flier Rey Mysterio will understand the last part.) HAHA! :awesome:

got it! :D

gymdiva
02-18-2008, 03:57 AM
well, looking forward seeing you all at the ARNOLD! Make sure to stop by the Europa booth and say hi!

xoxo
Meriza

oh awesome! I have a friend that I always see at the Europa booth so I will be sure to meet you and say howdy!

Meriza
02-18-2008, 03:57 AM
Welcome, glad to have you on here! Congrats on your steller 07 year...I know 08 will be even better for you. I love those Stutz pics, the one with teh belt is awesome!
The John Stutz shoot was one of my faves...one of the hardest, since I have to climbed up trees, branches, cliffsides, rocks...lol!...but it's the most artistic shots i have ever done...he was really awsome...very easy and comfortable to work with...
Actually He has a book that He is publishing called "FIT girls" VOL 1...it's going to be out at the ARNOLD...so make sure to stop by his booth and checkout the book...

Siouxcountry
02-18-2008, 04:10 AM
Any pics from the expo, Meriza?

Tell Danielle I said congrats, and I wish her the best of luck in the National shows coming up. :awesome:

Ray Arde indeed looked incredible.... LINK (http://contests.ironmanmagazine.com/pop_photos.cfm?ContestRosterID=56667)

Meriza
02-19-2008, 01:39 AM
Any pics from the expo, Meriza?

Forgot my camera at home...but have it all in memory!...I will try to see if anyone has send me photos, then I will attach some here...

xoxo

Siouxcountry
02-19-2008, 01:58 AM
Forgot my camera at home...but have it all in memory!...I will try to see if anyone has send me photos, then I will attach some here...

xoxo

Sounds good. :)

IslandGirl
02-19-2008, 03:42 AM
Ray did look awesome!

I'm from Hawaii and most of my friends were Filipino. Are you mixed Meriza? I'm Irish/Japanese.

Meriza
02-19-2008, 01:57 PM
Ray did look awesome!

I'm from Hawaii and most of my friends were Filipino. Are you mixed Meriza? I'm Irish/Japanese.

Both my parents are Filipinos...what part of Hawaii are you from? Iam friends with a bunch of hawaiians/Filipinos allover HAwaii, you probably know most of them.lol!

IslandGirl
02-19-2008, 06:38 PM
Both my parents are Filipinos...what part of Hawaii are you from? Iam friends with a bunch of hawaiians/Filipinos allover HAwaii, you probably know most of them.lol!

I was born and raised on Oahu. I bet I know alot of them. The 'ole saying around Hawaii is...."such a small world" cuz' everyone knows everyone. HA!

Throw out some names...I probably have some history with 'em in one way or another (not bad tho'. lol)

IslandGirl
02-19-2008, 06:47 PM
Hey Meriza. I just found a pic with my good friends back in Hawaii. I was called the Oreo in the middle cuz' I was so fair compared to these 2. lol. This guy in the pic is IFBB Jeff Poulin.

Meriza
02-20-2008, 01:53 AM
Throw out some names...I probably have some history with 'em in one way or another (not bad tho'. lol)

Brandy Leaver (Stan Mcquay's girl), Nos and Lynn ( I think they train at Ironbody,some old school gym as they say), Eric and Angela Yamashita they just visited SAn diego about 2 weeks ago, both are trainers at Gold's)...I keep intouch when them through emails from time to time...

IslandGirl
02-20-2008, 04:53 AM
Brandy Leaver (Stan Mcquay's girl), Nos and Lynn ( I think they train at Ironbody,some old school gym as they say), Eric and Angela Yamashita they just visited SAn diego about 2 weeks ago, both are trainers at Gold's)...I keep intouch when them through emails from time to time...

OMGoodness! YUP!!!

I met Brandy at the USA's. I know Nos and Lynn from MySpace and HELLO! Eric and Angela! YES! Eric was in our wedding party! We are very good friends with him and Angela. We still keep in touch with them quite often. Their son is so cute!

What a small world huh!!

ibarramedia
02-20-2008, 05:01 AM
Hey Meriza. I just found a pic with my good friends back in Hawaii. I was called the Oreo in the middle cuz' I was so fair compared to these 2. lol. This guy in the pic is IFBB Jeff Poulin.

The 2 girls on the bookends look more filipino than Hawaiian. That is probably why they are darker....

IslandGirl
02-20-2008, 05:07 AM
The 2 girls on the bookends look more filipino than Hawaiian. That is probably why they are darker....

Yes, they are Filipino.

Meriza
02-21-2008, 04:44 AM
Yes, they are Filipino.

That is so awesome! We actually have mutual friends together!

BTW, this BACK shot of yours is remarkable!...LOVE training back...

xoxo

IslandGirl
02-21-2008, 04:47 AM
That is so awesome! We actually have mutual friends together!

BTW, this BACK shot of yours is remarkable!...LOVE training back...

xoxo

Yeah. That is pretty cool!!!

Thanks on the compliment. I competed at the USA's in figure last year and I guess I'm too muscular (I was told) ....so I'm doing bb'ing this year. I love training back too.

Meriza
02-22-2008, 03:55 AM
Yeah. That is pretty cool!!!

Thanks on the compliment. I competed at the USA's in figure last year and I guess I'm too muscular (I was told) ....so I'm doing bb'ing this year. I love training back too.

Goodluck to you in USA's BB!...My man Peter Ciccone will be competing as well Light Heavies at the USA's ....So I will be there cheering you both on!

xoxo

IslandGirl
02-22-2008, 04:37 AM
Goodluck to you in USA's BB!...My man Peter Ciccone will be competing as well Light Heavies at the USA's ....So I will be there cheering you both on!

xoxo

Alright! It'll be cool to officially meet you. lol. I saw you in Vegas (last year) out at the pool. I was shooting with LiftStudios and I think Dan was shooting you. Can't wait to meet you and Peter.

KMS
02-22-2008, 12:25 PM
Glad to see you here Meriza. You have a very busy 2008 planned. The pictures were awesome. I can't imagine that you could take a bad picture but I also know that he can't. LOL

Beautiful. I look forward to watching you yet again on that stage.

DanielleA
02-22-2008, 01:22 PM
Hey Meriza! I would have privately emailed you but since I saw you on here I figured I'd write. I wound up being able to get off work and will be flying into Columbus to attend the Arnold next Friday.

See you there!!
xo Danielle

Meriza
02-22-2008, 02:00 PM
Alright! It'll be cool to officially meet you. lol. I saw you in Vegas (last year) out at the pool. I was shooting with LiftStudios and I think Dan was shooting you. Can't wait to meet you and Peter.

OMG!...I was off-season on those shoots already...well, cannot wait to meet you too in person...Please keep us updated about your prep!

xoxo

IslandGirl
02-22-2008, 02:19 PM
OMG!...I was off-season on those shoots already...well, cannot wait to meet you too in person...Please keep us updated about your prep!

xoxo

Ahem. Well, you looked good to me! :respect:

I may start up a journal. Feel free to start one too! I think alot of peeps would enjoy following a Pro to the stage. :bowdown:

Shelly
02-22-2008, 02:25 PM
Ahem. Well, you looked good to me! :respect:

I may start up a journal. Feel free to start one too! I think alot of peeps would enjoy following a Pro to the stage. :bowdown:

:popcorn::popcorn:

Meriza
02-23-2008, 04:10 AM
Don't you worry!...I will keep you all posted regarding my prep and progress for the CALS!

cray17
02-23-2008, 04:14 AM
Good luck at the Cals. You're gonna do great! :respect:

Meriza
02-23-2008, 04:25 AM
Glad to see you here Meriza. You have a very busy 2008 planned. The pictures were awesome. I can't imagine that you could take a bad picture but I also know that he can't. LOL

Beautiful. I look forward to watching you yet again on that stage.

Thank you sooo much for your gracious comments...Iam soo ready to get back onstage again!

SBT
02-25-2008, 06:36 AM
Oooh great pic!!!!!

IslandGirl
02-25-2008, 06:40 AM
WERD!^^

That is a beautiful pic Meriza! CONGRATS!

cray17
02-25-2008, 01:54 PM
That IS a beautiful pic up there. BTW, congrats on your Pro of the Week honor, the first of many for 2008! :respect:

ripitupbaby
02-25-2008, 05:21 PM
Awesome pic, congrats "Pro of the Week" :cool:

dallas3
02-25-2008, 05:34 PM
Congrats Meriza and that pic just shows the elegance of female muscle :)

Shelly
02-25-2008, 05:59 PM
love that pic girl your body looks amazing!!

Meriza
02-26-2008, 03:46 AM
Thank you soooo much!...It is such an honor!

Who is going to the Arnold? Who am I seeing there?

DanielleA
02-26-2008, 01:17 PM
Thank you soooo much!...It is such an honor!

Who is going to the Arnold? Who am I seeing there?
I"ll be there! (it's Danielle, Grace Rivera's friend from NYC)

Meriza
02-26-2008, 01:50 PM
I"ll be there! (it's Danielle, Grace Rivera's friend from NYC)

HI LIttle D!...I thought that was you!...are you working at Java with Grace? well, make sure to make it to Europa booth so we can catch up!it's been a year since the NYC trip.lol!

DanielleA
02-26-2008, 02:46 PM
HI LIttle D!...I thought that was you!...are you working at Java with Grace? well, make sure to make it to Europa booth so we can catch up!it's been a year since the NYC trip.lol!
lol yep, it's me!
I will def stop by to see you. A year is too long! you need to come to NYC more often.
I'm not working any booths this year. Maybe I can work some magic and try to get sponsorship this season.

Meriza
02-27-2008, 04:14 AM
lol yep, it's me!
I will def stop by to see you. A year is too long! you need to come to NYC more often.
I'm not working any booths this year. Maybe I can work some magic and try to get sponsorship this season.

I get in really late Thurday nite...I will be at the expo probably almost all day Friday...cannot wait to catch up!

xoxo

Suzanne
02-27-2008, 08:13 PM
I will be there.

Don't know if you remember I placed 2nd behind you at 2006 San Diego World Gym

Hope to see you

Meriza
02-28-2008, 02:01 PM
I will be there.

Don't know if you remember I placed 2nd behind you at 2006 San Diego World Gym

Hope to see you

I do remember you sweetie!...I remember seeing you too at Junior Nationals 2007..you switch over bodybuilding again...lol!...You look phenominal last I saw you...looking forward seeing you again!
xoxo

Suzanne
02-28-2008, 03:05 PM
I do remember you sweetie!...I remember seeing you too at Junior Nationals 2007..you switch over bodybuilding again...lol!...You look phenominal last I saw you...looking forward seeing you again!
xoxo

Thanks you!

Yep 7 weeks out form Jr Nats I switched to BBing :D

Meriza
02-29-2008, 05:36 AM
Thanks you!

Yep 7 weeks out form Jr Nats I switched to BBing :D

Goodluck to you, Suzanne! you will ROCK that stage!

Siouxcountry
03-03-2008, 04:41 AM
Meriza, Gina Aliotti, & Pete Ciccone at the Arnold Expo!... :cool:

LINK (http://webcast.bodybuilding.com/fitshow/2008arnold/videos/mariza_gina_europabooth.wmv)

KxgpW_0BvF4

Siouxcountry
03-04-2008, 05:02 AM
So how was the Arnold Expo?

Did you attend the Ms Figure International? What do you think about the results?

Meriza
03-05-2008, 05:31 AM
So how was the Arnold Expo?

Did you attend the Ms Figure International? What do you think about the results?

Iam so glad to be HOME!...lol!...The entire "ARNOLD" experience was totally awesome...The EXPO was HUGE! I was able to meet lotsa people and promote my DVD "The ART Of FIGURE"...I saw the Pre-judge for Ms Figure International...All ladies were stunningly beautiful! Gina is a good friend of mine, we train at the same gym. She was in terrific condition. But, I have to be honest, I was torn because I'm a huge fan of Jen Gates, maybe because she is a shortie like me! lol!...She looked fantastic too...I was able to catch up with Jen on her booth Sunday...She is "on cloud 9" , having placed so well...Sonia of course, looked very beautiful as usual!...Good JOB to the shorties!...Overall, the judges had their hands full with this show!

Now, I am less than 12 weeks out for the CALS...and seeing these girls on stage, made me really motivated and eager to get back into show shape too!
Wish me luck!

xoxo

Siouxcountry
03-06-2008, 12:49 AM
Now, I am less than 12 weeks out for the CALS...and seeing these girls on stage, made me really motivated and eager to get back into show shape too!
Wish me luck!

xoxo

Best of luck, and you can count on my support throughout the year. :)

I have never been to the Arnold, I can only imagine the crowds! lol

Both Gina, & Jenn are fine champions! :cool: I am guessing we will have to wait for the Olympia to see them compete again.

Meriza
03-06-2008, 03:37 AM
Best of luck, and you can count on my support throughout the year. :)

Thank you for all your support and Iam looking forward meeting you in person soon!

Siouxcountry
03-10-2008, 06:08 AM
Meriza at the Arnold Expo. :)

Photo by Nycrollas.

*Bunny*
03-14-2008, 01:16 AM
And she too has had a photo shoot with the legend John Stutz...

LINK (http://www.johnstutz.com/set.asp?fit_girls,meriza_de_guzman) :cool:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c155/coconutsandapples/NEW/M102.jpg what an awesome shot.

Siouxcountry
03-15-2008, 10:03 PM
One more pic of Meriza at the Arnold Expo...

:cool:

Meriza
03-17-2008, 04:47 AM
Sorry I have not checked in recently!...I have been busier that usual since I got back from the Arnold...I have been busy helping my girls preparing for the San Diego show...I am so proud of all of them...Everyone was beautiful and polished...
Last weekend we had 13 beautiful ladies at my posing clinic preparing for this show. Congratulations to all YOU! I am so proud of all of you! (see my site for pics of our clinic!)
The San Diego show turned out to be a HUGE event...According to Jon Lindsey (promoter) he had over 135 competitors BB and figure not including cross-overs! Thanks, Jon and the NPC for another great show and thanks to my sponsor MANSPORTS for having me at their booth.

Siouxcountry
03-17-2008, 05:03 AM
Welcome back, Meriza! :waving:

MD has results, and pics of the San Diego show...

CLICK HERE (http://www.musculardevelopment.com/browse/index.php?mode=contest&eventcode=1225)

I can see figure is quite popular in California. :cool:

KRISSY
03-17-2008, 10:05 PM
Meriza:)-
One of the sweetest gals you will ever meet:)!!!!

IslandGirl
03-18-2008, 07:31 PM
Meriza:)-
One of the sweetest gals you will ever meet:)!!!!

Hey Krissy! Great to see you here!

Siouxcountry
03-18-2008, 07:37 PM
Hey Krissy! Great to see you here!

Indeed. :respect:

Siouxcountry
03-21-2008, 08:45 PM
From Xena's journal:

Meriza's Awesome!!!

Hi everyone!

I received Meriza's DVD yesterday and it was wonderful to watch! She is one package of dynamite, I'll tell you!! Lovely lady and very down-to-earth in the video!

What I really enjoyed watching are a few of the workouts she shared. Gave me some great new routines to try and already I'm sore from just watching them. :p

Once again, I want to thank everyone for voting for my essay! It was a great honor to be a part of it and to have this opportunity to learn from one top-notch lady like Meriza!!!!! :bowdown:

LINK (http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?p=19690#post19690)

presshard
04-12-2008, 04:37 AM
all I can say is.......WOW!

dvsness
04-12-2008, 05:43 AM
How is your prep going?

IslandGirl
04-12-2008, 09:33 PM
:waving: Meriza. How are things going to you?

mighty lightweight
04-14-2008, 11:20 PM
Hey Meriza!

The cutest little Figure Pro around!!!!!!
Big Hugs
C

Siouxcountry
04-22-2008, 09:48 AM
Meriza was at the 2008 NPC Orange County last weekend. :cool:

Photo by Mike Yurkovic.

xena
04-22-2008, 09:50 AM
Meriza is a fire plug!!! Awesome physique!! And so very, very pretty.

Siouxcountry
05-06-2008, 11:51 PM
Meriza three weeks outs from the 2008 IFBB California Pro... :cool:

http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?t=1141

iron_angel
05-07-2008, 07:16 PM
Meriza is so awesome! She is super nice and helpful as well. I LOVE LOVE LOVE her physique! :respect:

Shelly
05-07-2008, 08:43 PM
Meriza is so awesome! She is super nice and helpful as well. I LOVE LOVE LOVE her physique! :respect:

me 2!!!

Oh and hot avi girl:respect:

Meriza
05-07-2008, 09:22 PM
Thank you all for all your well wishes for me at the CALS!...I am really looking forward and ready to grace that stage!...17days out!

xoxo

Siouxcountry
05-16-2008, 12:24 AM
Meriza DeGuzman 1-2 weeks out from the 2008 California Pro... :cool:

http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?p=46689#post46689

bronxbomber
05-16-2008, 02:09 AM
good luck meriza, amazing stage presence!

Trish
05-16-2008, 06:44 PM
good luck with the show. :kiss:
Say hi to LaNecia for me please.

Meriza
05-18-2008, 01:27 AM
good luck with the show. :kiss:
Say hi to LaNecia for me please.

DEfinitely Ms Trish...and yes, I saw Lanecia this AM getting her cardio on!lol!
almost show time!
xoxo

Siouxcountry
05-27-2008, 09:22 PM
Meriza will next compete at the IFBB Europa Super Show in August. :)

Meriza looked her best ever at the California Pro!... :respect:

http://www.musculardevelopment.com/browse/index.php?mode=browse&id=4900&eventcode=1248

xena
05-28-2008, 12:02 AM
Wow! Meriza looked spectacular! I love the new hairstyle! Cool suit too! Very sassy!! Great job Meriza!

Meriza
05-28-2008, 05:10 PM
Meriza will next compete at the IFBB Europa Super Show in August. :)

Meriza looked her best ever at the California Pro!... :respect:

http://www.musculardevelopment.com/browse/index.php?mode=browse&id=4900&eventcode=1248

Thank you Sioux for such a great feedback! and YES, the Cals my best ever physique so far....Just have to keep on improving and competing with myself...Then I always come out a WINNER!

see you all at the Europa!

xoxo

Meriza
05-28-2008, 05:12 PM
Wow! Meriza looked spectacular! I love the new hairstyle! Cool suit too! Very sassy!! Great job Meriza!

Thanks for your lovely comment...and I do LOVE the new hair!...Suits are by Bryon David...He does amazing creations!

xoxo

bree marsh
05-28-2008, 05:14 PM
very very very nice physique girl, luv the back shot, great glute/ham tie-ins! now just curious....how do you get your suit to stay on without back straps? do you glue it???

Shelly
05-28-2008, 05:20 PM
meriza you looked your best by far!!!

what feeback did you receive? just curious b/ i think you looked ON PAR :respect:

IslandGirl
05-28-2008, 06:19 PM
Meriza! You really looked amazing girl! Props to you! Love the new do too!

Siouxcountry
05-30-2008, 02:05 AM
Meriza at the 2008 California Pro. :)

Photos by J.M.Manion.

Aletha
07-08-2008, 08:49 PM
Meriza,
Congratulations on a great accomplishment. You just keep getting better and better. Good luck in August.

Shelly
07-08-2008, 09:29 PM
i luv her new hair!!!:respect:

Siouxcountry
07-10-2008, 12:37 AM
Pic from a shoot with Isaac Hinds a day after the California Pro................. :cool:

http://www.hardbody.com/news/2008/07/08/photo-of-the-day-meriza-deguzman/

Nancypro
07-12-2008, 02:54 PM
Hi Meriza, just saying hello to my little friend. Are you ready to stand onstage next to me again? Pretty funny. Good luck at the Europa, I hope training is going well. What are your plans for this one? I thought you looked great at the Cals, the best yet. :)

Nancy

Meriza
07-13-2008, 06:43 AM
very very very nice physique girl, luv the back shot, great glute/ham tie-ins! now just curious....how do you get your suit to stay on without back straps? do you glue it???

BIKINI BITE side of my boobies! lol! It works well for me and of course Bryob David my suit creator can contour my suits to my body so perfectly, I don't even have to bikini bite my bottoms! Fits like a glove! lol!

Meriza
07-13-2008, 06:49 AM
meriza you looked your best by far!!!

what feeback did you receive? just curious b/ i think you looked ON PAR :respect:

Sorry for such a late comment back! I have been extra busy lately, but NO excuse on my part!

"BACK is too muscular and quads have striations?".."stay away from the gym for 2 months", " eat some ice cream", "don't train with your BB boyfriend" those were the comments I got from some judges...

Funny, I only have train LEGS with my BB boyfriend for my prep for the CALS and my upperbody I did on my own...

Anyways, I brought in what i thought looks the best for me! so, before I set foot on stage I already have my personal win!

see me soon at the Europa!

Meriza
07-13-2008, 06:51 AM
Meriza! You really looked amazing girl! Props to you! Love the new do too!

It's almost showtime for you lil' mama! see you in less than 13 days! Please stop me when you do see me...I will be helping backstage if you ever need anything!

ROCK USA!

xoxo

Meriza
07-13-2008, 06:54 AM
Meriza,
Congratulations on a great accomplishment. You just keep getting better and better. Good luck in August.

Thank you sooo much Aletha!

I will see you ROCK vegas in 13 days!

BTW, Peter is competing LIght Heavies at the USA! He is sooo on the money! lol! soooo excited for him!

xoxo

Meriza
07-13-2008, 06:59 AM
Hi Meriza, just saying hello to my little friend. Are you ready to stand onstage next to me again? Pretty funny. Good luck at the Europa, I hope training is going well. What are your plans for this one? I thought you looked great at the Cals, the best yet. :)

Nancy

Hi Ms Nancy! I was sooo great to see you too at the CALS! and yes, I would LOVE to stand beside you at any show! lol! For the Europa, we just have to make sure that I am happy with my package and whatever happens, happens!
You, joining me in ranks again at Dallas?

keep me posetd!

xoxo

Aletha
07-13-2008, 07:13 AM
Thank you sooo much Aletha!

I will see you ROCK vegas in 13 days!

BTW, Peter is competing LIght Heavies at the USA! He is sooo on the money! lol! soooo excited for him!

xoxo
Nice! I'm so happy to hear that you both are doing well. See you in Vegas and yes, eat more ice cream.

nutratroy
07-14-2008, 06:40 AM
Just checking in on the gift?

Hope u and Pete are well!

Meriza
07-15-2008, 05:03 AM
Just checking in on the gift?

Hope u and Pete are well!

We are doing well, despite having 2 people dieting for shows! lol! Hope your better, I heard you got some bad sushi? hope your all better now!

Peter is soooo on for the USA, so excited to hang with you and Krissy!

xoxo

DanielleA
07-15-2008, 01:06 PM
Hey Meriza! Wish Peter the best of luck this weekend from me, we will be watching for updates to see how he does.

As for the judges comments - WOW - I'm a little surprised - I thought you looked phenomenal. Well at least you can take some cheats and not feel bad about it, right?

TTYS xoxo
Danielle

Nancypro
07-15-2008, 04:56 PM
Hi Ms Nancy! I was sooo great to see you too at the CALS! and yes, I would LOVE to stand beside you at any show! lol! For the Europa, we just have to make sure that I am happy with my package and whatever happens, happens!
You, joining me in ranks again at Dallas?

keep me posetd!

xoxo

Hi Meriza, no not going to Dallas, I have an allotment of one trip per year to the country, I mean, state of Texas. Just kidding. :)But best wishes to you. I know you are going to look great you are an innovator, I can't wait to see what you come up with. Tell Pete good luck to at the USA. See you soon.

Nancy

Meriza
07-16-2008, 05:17 AM
Hey Meriza! Wish Peter the best of luck this weekend from me, we will be watching for updates to see how he does.

As for the judges comments - WOW - I'm a little surprised - I thought you looked phenomenal. Well at least you can take some cheats and not feel bad about it, right?

TTYS xoxo
Danielle

Thanks Danni! What is next for you? I know I will be seeing Grace Rivera in Vegas again this year...We hang for a bit last year after the USA...

I was 99lbs on my last show, I usually compete at 97lbs, so I will be going back to 96-97lbs for the Europa just to tighten up a bit more...Hopefully, they like me in Dallas! lol!

keep in touch!

xoxo

Meriza
07-16-2008, 05:24 AM
Hi Meriza, no not going to Dallas, I have an allotment of one trip per year to the country, I mean, state of Texas. Just kidding. :)But best wishes to you. I know you are going to look great you are an innovator, I can't wait to see what you come up with. Tell Pete good luck to at the USA. See you soon.

Nancy

Hi Ms Nancy! well, since you are not gonna stand beside me in Dallas, we shall meet again at TOC?...I will be coming in my usual self...just tinier than the CALS! lol! 2-3lbs max...I am actually in my CALS comp weight already,so just have to maintain this weight for a while then, jut drop 2-lbs more in 4 weeks!

Are you attending the LA's this weekend? I will be there with my sponsor and couple of figure clients competing...stop by and chat if you decide to attend..

stay sweet!

xoxo

KRISSY
07-18-2008, 03:53 AM
Hi Meriza:D!!!!
Thank you again for helping me so much for Houston. You're just awesome:respect:! Troy and I are super excited that we will be in Vegas to Cheer Pete on!!! I can't wait to see you both! How is prep for the Europa?

Princess Nutritionist
07-18-2008, 10:58 PM
Hey Meriza,
I promise I wasn't lying to you about Europa. When I saw you in CA I wasn't planning on doing that. I don't want you to think I was keeping a secret from you! How are you? You excited about Europa? I can't wait to see you and Pete. Please let me know if you need anything: food, water, a hair stylist, or anything else :)

Meriza
07-19-2008, 02:11 AM
Hey Meriza,
I promise I wasn't lying to you about Europa. When I saw you in CA I wasn't planning on doing that. I don't want you to think I was keeping a secret from you! How are you? You excited about Europa? I can't wait to see you and Pete. Please let me know if you need anything: food, water, a hair stylist, or anything else :)

YOU are too cute! Well, I thought you should compete at the Europa! It's your backyard already...Don't have to travel much! lol! I am excited for this show...Prep is going well..I did not realize we only have 4 weeks to go.lol! I have been slaving at work to keep my mind occupied and stay out of Peter's way...lol! He is competing at the USA!

Anyways, I get in Wednesday for the Europa and leaving late that Sunday...So we can hang a bit later...for some texas grub! I have never been in Texas!, so you can play tour guide! lol!

anyways, soooo excited mostly to see people and to get seen in Texas...

see you soon!

BTW, are you going to the USA?

xoxo

Meriza
07-19-2008, 02:15 AM
Hi Meriza:D!!!!
Thank you again for helping me so much for Houston. You're just awesome:respect:! Troy and I are super excited that we will be in Vegas to Cheer Pete on!!! I can't wait to see you both! How is prep for the Europa?

Hey Krissy! I am so excited and glad to meet up with you and Troy again...Peter is looking really awesome...(he does not think so) but I do and soo as others...
Just got out of work and we are heading out tonite for the LA show...It will be a blast since I know lotsa USA people will be showing off! lol!
My prep is well...Only 100lbs now...4 more weeks to go...Busy with my own business...That's a great thing! lol!

kisses to you both and see you sooon!

xoxo

Ima
07-19-2008, 04:28 AM
I have been slaving at work to keep my mind occupied and stay out of Peter's way...lol!
That means that she's been training me amongst others :D and yes, I can confirm that she is slaving .. ME!! hahaha

Pete does look phenomenal and so does Meriza! Yeah yeah .. I know she is still 4 weeks out and that I partially favor her no matter what she looks like.
Those two people are simply amazing and I feel blessed to consider them my friends. I wished I would be able to cheer for Meriza at the Europa, alas ... other plans, but you know I will be with you in spirit!

First things first though .. moving the 619 crowd to Vegas next week-end to cheer for our guys and gals!

Meriza
07-22-2008, 04:22 AM
That means that she's been training me amongst others :D and yes, I can confirm that she is slaving .. ME!! hahaha

Pete does look phenomenal and so does Meriza! Yeah yeah .. I know she is still 4 weeks out and that I partially favor her no matter what she looks like.
Those two people are simply amazing and I feel blessed to consider them my friends. I wished I would be able to cheer for Meriza at the Europa, alas ... other plans, but you know I will be with you in spirit!

First things first though .. moving the 619 crowd to Vegas next week-end to cheer for our guys and gals!

Ms Ima ! you are the sweetest! Thank's for being sooo understanding with our scheduling this week! I have been extremely busy since I got back from LA show! BTW, thank's for the lending Peter your camera! He really is sooo thankful!

See you, this Friday in Vegas! Drive safe and stay focus on your training while I am gone! lol!

xoxo

Siouxcountry
07-27-2008, 12:54 AM
Meriza at the 2008 NPC USA Championships! :cool:

Siouxcountry
07-31-2008, 08:38 PM
Pete Ciccone (took 7th in the LHW Class) & Meriza at the NPC USA Championships.............. :)

Siouxcountry
08-04-2008, 04:37 AM
Little Figure Pro Thinking Big

http://krivstudiosblog.wordpress.com/2008/08/03/meriza-deguzman-little-figure-pro-thinking-big/

Before she became an IFBB pro, Meriza competed in a contest in Japan; there were no figure divisions, so she took the stage as a bodybuilder. The year was 2002, and after winning the Ms. Yokusoka Bodybuilding Championship, Meriza traversed the great pond and embarked on a career in figure that would soon take her to the ultimate stage the 2007 Olympia.

Meriza
08-04-2008, 06:24 AM

http://krivstudiosblog.wordpress.com/2008/08/03/meriza-deguzman-little-figure-pro-thinking-big/

Sioux! You are the "awesomest"! if there is such a word! lol!

Lou told me about this post over USA's when Peter was checking in, was not able to check it out!

Thanks for making it easy for me! lol!

And it's all true! I did BB and even competed with Masae Tagami IFBB Pro figure now too! who would have known I would have come this far with our sport! It was a "hobby" that became my life!

Thank's for sharing it to everyone

xoxo

Meriza
08-04-2008, 06:28 AM

Thanks for the pix of me and Peter! But, just to make a correction, Peter placed 6th in LH! He is really happy with his showing and I am really sooo proud of him!

Now, it's all about me again! lol!

xoxo

Siouxcountry
08-04-2008, 07:10 AM

Anytime, Meriza! :waving: And yes you have come along way. :respect:

Dean
08-04-2008, 08:45 PM
Sioux! You are the "awesomest"! if there is such a word! lol!

Lou told me about this post over USA's when Peter was checking in, was not able to check it out!

And it's all true! I did BB and even competed with Masae Tagami IFBB Pro figure now too! who would have known I would have come this far with our sport! It was a "hobby" that became my life!

Thank's for sharing it to everyone

xoxo

Hi, Meriza!! :waving:

I'm Dean -- I wrote that article about you yesterday. I'm glad Sioux posted the link so you could read it. Hope you liked it!!

Good luck at the Europa. "Shorties" rule! :yourock:

Meriza
08-05-2008, 04:54 AM
Hi, Meriza!! :waving:

I'm Dean -- I wrote that article about you yesterday. I'm glad Sioux posted the link so you could read it. Hope you liked it!!

Good luck at the Europa. "Shorties" rule! :yourock:

Thank you so much for getting that artcle together! I am so impress...it seems like I was actually there dictating details to you! It is so well written!:kiss:

7 more training days for me...Europa here comes little ME! lol!

xoxo

Meriza
08-05-2008, 05:00 AM
Anytime, Meriza! :waving: And yes you have come along way. :respect:

Believe it or not, sometimes I pinch myself to see if all these are real! lol!
Then, I feel so priviledge and blessed...Its a dream, that actually came true...It was a hobby that went out of control and turnred to a success!

Competing in this level, I am just soo happy to be a part of it! Winning or not, I have been winning!

xoxo

DanielleA
08-05-2008, 01:07 PM
Hi Meriza! Hope you are feeling great. Almost time to hit the stage again. Didn't you say you were going to post a pic of posing practice? ;) You must be at 96 or 97lbs by now, right? Can't wait to see you shine in Dallas.

Love Danielle

Siouxcountry
08-06-2008, 05:42 AM
Meriza 10 days out from the Europa Super Show (pic)............. :cool:

http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?p=87566#post87566

Meriza
08-06-2008, 06:39 AM
Hi Meriza! Hope you are feeling great. Almost time to hit the stage again. Didn't you say you were going to post a pic of posing practice? ;) You must be at 96 or 97lbs by now, right? Can't wait to see you shine in Dallas.

Love Danielle

Finally get to take some pix today! lol! I was hard to coordinate times with Peter...Cannot believe, it's almost that time again!...Just cruising in right now...wharcha think bout the pix?

Hope all is well for you too...It was nice to see Grace R in Vegas...she was so beautiful as always!

xoxo

DanielleA
08-06-2008, 03:57 PM
I'm gonna post my comment on your pic in the thread Sioux made for it... :)

Siouxcountry
08-12-2008, 02:05 AM
Meriza 5 days out from the IFBB Europa Super Show.....................

http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?p=90975#post90975

Siouxcountry
08-12-2008, 08:12 PM
We all adore you Meriza! Good luck, and have a super time at the Europa! :waving:

felicia
08-12-2008, 08:42 PM
Hey girl,
Good luck to you this weekend...have a fabulous time and shine onstage girl.:)

Take care,
Felicia
xoxo

Meriza
08-13-2008, 03:56 AM
Hey girl,
Good luck to you this weekend...have a fabulous time and shine onstage girl.:)

Take care,
Felicia
xoxo

Thank Felicia! I needed all that positive energy send my way! I will see you soon again...Hopefully, the Olympia! lol!

xoxo

KRISSY
08-14-2008, 03:29 AM
Hi Meriza:waving:!
Sending you BIG HUGS and KISSES!!!! I can't wait to see you just shine on that stage!

Aletha
08-14-2008, 05:06 AM
Good luck Meriza. You always look great.

nutratroy
08-14-2008, 05:06 AM
See you tomorrow!!! Okay, so.....want us to bring you some chocolates;)

Man up!:)

Siouxcountry
08-15-2008, 08:21 PM
Pete & Meriza at the Europa Super Show check in............... :cool:

Siouxcountry
08-16-2008, 01:02 AM
One piece prejudging................

619 MUSCLE
08-16-2008, 06:31 AM
LIKE A LITTLE TROPHY, HUH?
A "Figure-ine" hahaha.

Pete

ParadiseCup
08-16-2008, 10:05 AM
Meriza, you look incredible !!

Congrats to you Pete !!

619 MUSCLE
08-16-2008, 10:37 AM
Meriza, you look incredible !!

Congrats to you Pete !!

Thank you, Paradise Cup!

Meriza worked her butt off for this one - like she does for all her shows...
Or, should I say she worked her butt "on"?!
(unlike some girls, Meriza doesn't have the problem of too much backside)

We really tried to maintain the shape of her lower body while streamlining her a bit from the top - for her height - and we're happy with what she presented tonight...
We like the flow of her lines, from her toes to top of her head. Her posture and presentation - she's practiced and polished - not clumsy or awkward.
No jiggles, no cellulite - her lower body is tight, and her backside is toned and in shape. She's not dimpled, not squishy, not pencil-legged, knock-kneed or pigeon-toed...

She really does look like a Figure Trophy, top to bottom.

http://www.flexonline.com/08contests/08europa/figure/meriza_deguzman/pages/_MG_9172.htm

I'm super proud of her.

She's also a mom of a beautiful 12-year old to boot. And, she's sleeping right now, after a long pre-judging - but I know she's appreciative of the support and positive energy you all continue to share here on SiouxCountry.
What a great board, you ladies all have!

Thanks all!

Pete

Siouxcountry
08-17-2008, 04:41 AM
Meriza placed 13th, but IMO should have placed much higher.

MD.com Europa pics.................

http://www.musculardevelopment.com/browse/index.php?mode=browse&id=4900&eventcode=1279

Meriza
08-17-2008, 07:24 AM
Meriza placed 13th, but IMO should have placed much higher.

MD.com Europa pics.................

http://www.musculardevelopment.com/browse/index.php?mode=browse&id=4900&eventcode=1279

Thanks so much, Sioux. I thought so too - I wish YOU were judging me :D ...or at least half of the audience too! lol
I got a ton of support from the crowd, which made me feel really good! I got some positive feedback and although I'm not so happy about my placing, I feel good about the package I brought to the stage!

Thanks again!

See you at the TOC.

xoxo
Meriza

Siouxcountry
08-17-2008, 07:27 AM
Thanks so much, Sioux. I thought so too - I wish YOU were judging me :D ...or at least half of the audience too! lol
I got a ton of support from the crowd, which made me feel really good! I got some positive feedback and although I'm not so happy about my placing, I feel good about the package I brought to the stage!

Thanks again!

See you at the TOC.

xoxo
Meriza

I have no doubt you were the crowd favorite. :) I hope you and Pete enjoyed the show. You are one very classy woman. :respect:

TOC! :awesome:

SweetCapri
08-17-2008, 06:29 PM
In all honesty, I had Meriza as one of my top 3 and was confused as hell with the results.
:confused:

Damit...Meriza doesn't have the "too much booty" problem, uh? I'm jealous!
But seriously...incredible look, from front, to back to the sides. Not to mention a gorgeous face.

Really disappointed in the results.

Lisa
08-17-2008, 07:13 PM

Thanks again!

See you at the TOC.

xoxo
Meriza

I thought you lokked GREAT! Can you tell us what kind of feedback the judges gave you?:nuts:

BUFFBARBIE
08-18-2008, 12:57 AM
IMO, you should of definately been in the top 5, you looked amazing. I get more and more confused w/figure, but I am not nor would I ever want to be a judge. There was a lot of flaring of the arms in this show, and some odd looking physiques but who am I to judge:confused:

nutratroy
08-18-2008, 05:52 AM
LIKE A LITTLE TROPHY, HUH?
A "Figure-ine" hahaha.

Pete

Figure quote of the year! LMAO...;)

Dude, WOW! But you know this:respect:

debbiebramwell
08-19-2008, 12:44 AM
Hows my favorite figure girl?? please check your 10 days out thread ..I left something for you there before the show...I want you to know I am so proud of you...you looked amazing as usual...I will officially say online that you and I are the 2 most underated pros out there...why we get overlooked..I dont know...keep your pretty head up and do your thing...because while you are doing it you are inspiring every woman around you and thats what god wants...I will always have my meriza pom poms ready because I am a huge fan of you on and off stage....miss you and love you! xoxoxo;) ps and there is a great man behind this great woman who supports her in every way possible..gotta love pete cicione!:kiss:

Fitrose
08-19-2008, 02:21 AM
I met Meriza for the first time and let me tell you, she is an absolute sweet heart. Look forward to seeing you again at the TOC girl.

Rose x

Meriza
08-19-2008, 04:50 AM
Hows my favorite figure girl?? please check your 10 days out thread ..I left something for you there before the show...I want you to know I am so proud of you...you looked amazing as usual...I will officially say online that you and I are the 2 most underated pros out there...why we get overlooked..I dont know...keep your pretty head up and do your thing...because while you are doing it you are inspiring every woman around you and thats what god wants...I will always have my meriza pom poms ready because I am a huge fan of you on and off stage....miss you and love you! xoxoxo;) ps and there is a great man behind this great woman who supports her in every way possible..gotta love pete cicione!:kiss:

Miss Debbie!
You are the sweetest. It was really nice seeing you again. We still talk about you all the time here in San Diego. (619 is not the same since you left) Best of luck at the Olympia! (hopefully I can make it back stage with you!)
Good luck in your new home - we miss you!

xoxo

Meriza
08-19-2008, 04:52 AM
I met Meriza for the first time and let me tell you, she is an absolute sweet heart. Look forward to seeing you again at the TOC girl.

Rose x

It was really nice meeting you in person too (and it was nice chatting it up w/ you on stage, too - hahaha!) Love your strapless suit! I've been sporting mine since 2006 - but, I think it's time for a change....we'll see!

See you in 5 weeks!

xoxo

Meriza
08-19-2008, 04:55 AM
I have no doubt you were the crowd favorite. :) I hope you and Pete enjoyed the show. You are one very classy woman. :respect:

TOC! :awesome:

Thank you, Sioux. Peter and I enjoyed the show very much. Ed and Betty were so nice, and they really treated the athletes well (other than it was long, the dessert buffet was great!)

It was a very positive experience! And, tomorrow, I'm back at it again, preparing for the TOC!

To all the beauties on the stage this past weekend, congrats once again!

xoxo

Meriza
08-19-2008, 05:00 AM
I thought you lokked GREAT! Can you tell us what kind of feedback the judges gave you?:nuts:

Thanks, Lisa.
I spoke with one judge so far, who said I was just a little too hard for this show. I will email some of the other judges to see what their opinions were.

But, like I said, I'm back at it again for the TOC - watch out for me!

xoxo

IslandGirl
08-19-2008, 06:06 AM
Meriza. I think you looked so amazing and very pretty! I love, love, love your look and package! Do not be discouraged!

IslandGirl
08-19-2008, 06:08 AM
We like the flow of her lines, from her toes to top of her head. Her posture and presentation - she's practiced and polished - not clumsy or awkward.
No jiggles, no cellulite - her lower body is tight, and her backside is toned and in shape. She's not dimpled, not squishy, not pencil-legged, knock-kneed or pigeon-toed...

Pete

I agree! :awesome:

Lisa
08-19-2008, 06:08 AM
Thanks, Lisa.
I spoke with one judge so far, who said I was just a little too hard for this show. I will email some of the other judges to see what their opinions were.

But, like I said, I'm back at it again for the TOC - watch out for me!

xoxo

I'd love to see a crossover here..;)hint hint...

Marcy Porter
08-19-2008, 11:13 AM
Hey Meriza, I didnt get a chance to introduce myself this weekend but I think you have a amazing lil body ! I to like the fact that my legs dont jiggle when they walk to...lol. Keep it up girl !

Princess Nutritionist
08-20-2008, 01:37 AM
Hey Sweetie! Great seeing you and Pete. I had a blast with you at the show and had fun hangin out with you and Andrea backstage.

Here are a few cute pics from backstage!

Meriza
08-20-2008, 05:36 AM
Meriza. I think you looked so amazing and very pretty! I love, love, love your look and package! Do not be discouraged!

Hi Tracy!

Thanks for believing in my physique! I love to see improvements on me everytime I walk that stage, so I am definitely not discourage...Love competing for me..as long as I am happy with my package I always comeout a winner! :)

watch for me again at TOC! less than 5 weeks!

xoxo

Meriza
08-20-2008, 05:39 AM
I'd love to see a crossover here..;)hint hint...

Funny, you mentioned that! We were kidding around today and I said that I should crossover!...I have a really big gymnastic backround and some dance under my belt....so I can do fitness...or shall I go BB?! whatcha think?

Meriza
08-20-2008, 05:43 AM
Hey Meriza, I didnt get a chance to introduce myself this weekend but I think you have a amazing lil body ! I to like the fact that my legs dont jiggle when they walk to...lol. Keep it up girl !

Hi Marcy! we will get the change next time to really meet...and you have some amazing legs esp.your quads looks really :awesome: and definitely one of the girls that did not jiggle!
lol!

xoxo

Meriza
08-20-2008, 05:47 AM
Hey Sweetie! Great seeing you and Pete. I had a blast with you at the show and had fun hangin out with you and Andrea backstage.

we can name this pix " the reunion"! lol!

It was nice to see you and you definitely did not jiggle! love your physique!
One of this days, your physique will get rewarded! stay in the game, because you denitely ROCK!

Dean
08-20-2008, 06:50 AM

Love those pics! Thanks for sharing! Amy, Meriza and Andrea in the same shot is worth hearty applause. :clap:

DixieReynolds
08-20-2008, 04:23 PM
Funny, you mentioned that! We were kidding around today and I said that I should crossover!...I have a really big gymnastic backround and some dance under my belt....so I can do fitness...or shall I go BB?! whatcha think?

FITNESS FITNESS FITNESS!!! OMG, you should totally do it! I would love to see your awesome little physique flying around on that stage. You have such a great personality and stage presence so fitness would be a great switch for you! I am working on the crossover too.... its been hard, but a well needed challenge and tons of fun! :D

debbiebramwell
08-20-2008, 05:25 PM
the way they are judging bodybuilding now...they would love you! hehe....just follow your heart....we all love you and in time the judges wont deny you...trust me how could they! stay strong and sweet! mwah:bowdown::kiss:

DanielleA
08-20-2008, 07:50 PM
Better to be too hard than too soft! Who wants to see cellulite on stage? :puke:

You are beautiful, and an inspiration to many girls. Stay true to yourself.

xo

Bernie
08-20-2008, 08:26 PM
just wanted to say you looked amazing.......

and...

heard the commercial for the 619 Muscle event on Rock 105.3 yesterday morning. i hope all goes well with that, sounds killer.....

Meriza
08-21-2008, 02:54 AM
just wanted to say you looked amazing.......

and...

heard the commercial for the 619 Muscle event on Rock 105.3 yesterday morning. i hope all goes well with that, sounds killer.....

Thanks for yur complement and we are so excited for our stores 2nd Annual Pariking Lot Bash! I just spoke to Peter and just found out that we have almost 30 vendors participating in our event! Lotsa industry celebs making appearances too...soooo excited!

are you amking it this Saturday?

Meriza
08-21-2008, 02:57 AM
Better to be too hard than too soft! Who wants to see cellulite on stage? :puke:

You are beautiful, and an inspiration to many girls. Stay true to yourself.

xo

Hi Danni!

I work really hard not to have cellulites on my legs! lol! LOve being condition...I don't feel right, competing and looking terrible, I mean soft...!lol!

I am more than motivated to improve my little package...so, keep on watching! lol!

xoxoxo

Meriza
08-21-2008, 02:59 AM
the way they are judging bodybuilding now...they would love you! hehe....just follow your heart....we all love you and in time the judges wont deny you...trust me how could they! stay strong and sweet! mwah:bowdown::kiss:

I expected that from you MS Deb! I am motivated for improvements...less than 5 weeks for TOC...I will look even more amazing! lol!:p:;)

Miss you in SD! 619muscle bash will not be the same without you!

Meriza
08-21-2008, 03:01 AM
FITNESS FITNESS FITNESS!!! OMG, you should totally do it! I would love to see your awesome little physique flying around on that stage. You have such a great personality and stage presence so fitness would be a great switch for you! I am working on the crossover too.... its been hard, but a well needed challenge and tons of fun! :D

I really admire fitness girls, besides being condition, they have to practice routines! more time I will need to have to take away from my busy days...But you will never know....Not sure if this old bones can still "bounce"! lol!

xoxo

Bernie
08-21-2008, 04:06 AM
Thanks for yur complement and we are so excited for our stores 2nd Annual Pariking Lot Bash! I just spoke to Peter and just found out that we have almost 30 vendors participating in our event! Lotsa industry celebs making appearances too...soooo excited!

are you amking it this Saturday?

you are welcome. and might i add...i adore your hair this year. not many woman can pull off short hair...but you do it flawlessly...

that is freaking exciting.....30 freaking vendors? wow.....

and, i most likely will not be making it down there. i know my excuse is lame....but i live in Encinitas....and gas is killing me right now...:D

there is one outside chance i may go down. but it is WAAAAYYYY outside.

619 MUSCLE
08-21-2008, 05:51 AM

great pics, Amy! yeah, you guys are the coolest!

Hey, you guys in town this w/e? Gotta come to our 619 Muscle bash if you are in Cali!

Krissy and Troy are coming - it's gonna be huge!

Hope to see you guys there!

pete

619 MUSCLE
08-21-2008, 05:54 AM
you are welcome. and might i add...i adore your hair this year. not many woman can pull off short hair...but you do it flawlessly...

that is freaking exciting.....30 freaking vendors? wow.....

and, i most likely will not be making it down there. i know my excuse is lame....but i live in Encinitas....and gas is killing me right now...:D

there is one outside chance i may go down. but it is WAAAAYYYY outside.

Bernie!
come down, it's gonna be a zoo! Krissy Chin and NutraTroy will be there! (Amy Peters and Big Steve might come, too, if they are in Cali, they said last weekend!!) as will Jay Cutler, Flex Lewis, Brandon Curry, and MORE! tons of free stuff to make it worth your gas money! and lots of love, good Karma, and fun!
Live rock n roll, a bikini contest, give aways, killer sales...muscles, bikinis and rock n roll!

And, of course, Mistress of Ceremonies, none-other than my Meriza!

See you there!

Pete

KRISSY
08-21-2008, 06:25 AM
I just wanted to tell you again how amazing you looked at the Europa. You are just soooooo cute on stage! We are sooo proud of you and we can't wait to see you this weekend at 619 for the bash!!!

Krissyxo

Siouxcountry
08-24-2008, 06:50 AM
Meriza backstage at the Europa. :)

Photo by Mike Yurkovic.

Princess Nutritionist
08-24-2008, 05:40 PM
Hey :)
Sorry I didn't make it yesterday! I know I really missed out. Really wish I could've come! Author had me chained to a copy machine, lol.

Talk soon!
xoxo

Siouxcountry
08-24-2008, 06:11 PM
A few more backstage pics of Meriza............ :waving:

Meriza
08-24-2008, 06:26 PM
I just wanted to tell you again how amazing you looked at the Europa. You are just soooooo cute on stage! We are sooo proud of you and we can't wait to see you this weekend at 619 for the bash!!!

Krissyxo

Hi Krissy!

Thanks to you, Troy and BIG MIke for being here in SD with us to help us celebrate our 619 Muscle 2nd annual bash! It was sooo much fun and I cannot believe all the support from everyone in our industry..Peter and I are so very thankful and appreciative...It was such a success...We will do it again next year!...Thanks foe hanging for sushi and late nite cheesecake (w/o the cheesecake, of course!) lol! You are are amazing and we feel so blessed knowing such good, positive people!

Have a safe drive back to Ojai! Have fun and kick some NYC booties! ROCK that stage!

xoxoxoxoxoxo

Meriza
08-24-2008, 06:28 PM
Hey :)
Sorry I didn't make it yesterday! I know I really missed out. Really wish I could've come! Author had me chained to a copy machine, lol.

Talk soon!
xoxo

We definetely missed you here! But Troy filled me in and we totally understand...There is always next year! lol!

See you soon...Hopefully TOC?

xoxoxo

mighty lightweight
08-25-2008, 02:26 AM
Meriza
You looked AMAZING in Dallas...not only that, you are beautiful on the inside!!!! You just keep being you gurl!!!!!! It's all good!
Thanks also for always having kind words for me!!
Big hugs
C

Meriza
08-26-2008, 05:49 AM
Meriza
You looked AMAZING in Dallas...not only that, you are beautiful on the inside!!!! You just keep being you gurl!!!!!! It's all good!
Thanks also for always having kind words for me!!
Big hugs
C

Thanks Ms Carla! You do the same...and keep in touch sweetie!

xoxoxo

Physedfit
08-26-2008, 04:44 PM
Hey Meriza! Love the short hair! It's so cute! You looked fantastic at the Europa! Great job! Take care!

Siouxcountry
08-27-2008, 06:59 PM
Meriza at the 619 MUSCLE PARKING LOT BASH and SUPPLEMENT EXPO................. :cool:

http://joepowellphoto.smugmug.com/gallery/5785671_22YX2/1/359012201_msnoM#P-1-12

Siouxcountry
08-28-2008, 05:32 AM
Meriza lookin' FINE! :cool:

Pete and Meriza at the NPC USA Championships last month............

619 MUSCLE
08-28-2008, 05:46 AM
Meriza lookin' FINE! :cool:

Pete and Meriza at the NPC USA Championships last month............

IS THAT REALLY EVEN A DRESS?

I told her, "that's like, underwear or something!":confused:

(Yeah, but I'm the dork who loves, you, ladybum!) :kiss:

Pete

Rebecca Lynn Slatt
09-11-2008, 12:17 AM
I think you look amazing!

Keep it up! God bless!

Siouxcountry
09-11-2008, 06:27 AM
Some pics from Meriza's September 6th Posing & Presentation Clinic. Meriza is two weeks out from the IFBB Tournament of Champions Pro in these pics. :waving:

You can learn more about her clinics at her website... LINK (http://www.merizafigure.com/)

KRISSY
09-11-2008, 01:02 PM
Hi Meriza:waving:!!!!!
2-weeks out you look AWESOME!!!!! I can't wait to see you rock that stage in Anaheim. Troy and I will be there in full force to cheer you on!!!!!!

Love,
Krissyxo

debbiebramwell
09-11-2008, 09:15 PM
Some pics from Meriza's September 6th Posing & Presentation Clinic. Meriza is two weeks out from the IFBB Tournament of Champions Pro in these pics. :waving:

You can learn more about her clinics at her website... LINK (http://www.merizafigure.com/)

thats my girl! I love watching her help other women! she really does care and has so much knowledge to share...If anyone needs help with prep or anything her and pete are the best!:kiss: kick ass with the rest of your prep! Im there in spirit! I already see you backstage with me at ms olympia! :D:cool:

Siouxcountry
09-16-2008, 08:18 PM
Shine on that stage Saturday, Meriza! :waving: Good luck!

nutratroy
09-16-2008, 09:51 PM
You know what's up girl! DO it!:D

Kristin
09-17-2008, 01:11 AM
Good luck to you this weekend!

Meriza
09-17-2008, 05:46 AM
Shine on that stage Saturday, Meriza! :waving: Good luck!

Thanks Sioux! I will make you proud! xoxoxoxoxo

Meriza
09-17-2008, 05:48 AM
You know what's up girl! DO it!:D

Thank's TROY!

I will see you and Krissy in Anaheim...Please call Peter when you both get in...are you staying at Crown Plaza? (HOST HOTEL)...

So excited and ready to ROCK CALI!

xoxo:awesome:

Meriza
09-17-2008, 05:51 AM
thats my girl! I love watching her help other women! she really does care and has so much knowledge to share...If anyone needs help with prep or anything her and pete are the best!:kiss: kick ass with the rest of your prep! Im there in spirit! I already see you backstage with me at ms olympia! :D:cool:

Thanks Ms DEB! Miss you here in San Diego! see you at the O!

xoxo

Meriza
09-17-2008, 05:52 AM
Good luck to you this weekend!

Thanks Kristin! and goodluck with your prep for SACS!
xoxo

DanielleA
09-17-2008, 01:55 PM
GOOD LUCK Meriza!! :kiss: Crossing my fingers (and toes) for you!

amyleemartin
09-17-2008, 02:21 PM
Dropping in to show my love and support! Go Meriza Go :yippie:

Aletha
09-17-2008, 04:13 PM
Good luck Meriza!

Dean
09-18-2008, 04:32 AM
Love the new hairstyle. Good luck this weekend, Shortie!! :)

Meriza
09-18-2008, 04:38 AM
GOOD LUCK Meriza!! :kiss: Crossing my fingers (and toes) for you!

Thanks Danny! and congratulations on your last show! YOU did ROCK!:bowdown:

Whatever happens this Saturday, I definitely know I love my look! :)

xoxo

Meriza
09-18-2008, 04:40 AM
Dropping in to show my love and support! Go Meriza Go :yippie:

Thank you sweetie! Hope off-season's treating you well!:)
I will be there right behind you!;)

Keep in touch! You have my cell!

xoxo

Meriza
09-18-2008, 04:43 AM
Good luck Meriza!

Hope all is well Aletha! Thanks for your support!

Say "HI!" to the family for me! Before you move away from SD, let's get together for some "cheesecake or Sushi"?...

I still have your cell and hope you still have mine's please keep in touch!

xoxo

Aletha
09-18-2008, 05:56 AM
Meriza,
I still do crazy. Brad leaves for Iraq Friday. We are packing out next week and then, the following week, we are gone. So, please, let's chat about a good time to meet. It will not be a good-bye.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you for this weekend.

nutratroy
09-19-2008, 03:37 AM
Meriza, Packing our food for the stay over (well I am anyways)...lol, just a few hours away now;)

619 MUSCLE
09-19-2008, 05:15 AM
someone else is dieting!! hahahahah.

Me, I can't wait for that Cheesecake! :D

What, Meriza? what - I can't have any cuz I'm getting fa....what?

no fair! :mad:

Lookin' forward to seein' you and Krissy, bro!

Let me tell you, Meriza is 97.1lbs this am...

tight, flowing, graceful symmetry, lines like a statue...
Can't wait to see her on the stage - but she won't let me post any "sneak peeks" of her this time...I guess we'll all just have to go to the show, or tune in for post show pics! Seriously, though, this is the best I've EVER seen her - "quieter" muscle tone, but more flow, more grace!

ahhhh - just wait!

Pete

ParadiseCup
09-19-2008, 07:35 AM
Good Luck Meriza !!

Siouxcountry
09-19-2008, 08:58 PM
I guess we'll all just have to go to the show, or tune in for post show pics! Seriously, though, this is the best I've EVER seen her - "quieter" muscle tone, but more flow, more grace!

ahhhh - just wait!

Pete

Not much longer to wait now. :popcorn: Good luck again Meriza! :waving:

Jennifer Gates
09-20-2008, 05:02 PM
Good Luck girlie!!! I love your new hair!!!
good luck to you too Pete....

cya both Soon!!!!:kiss:
XOXO,
Jenn

Siouxcountry
09-20-2008, 07:50 PM
Meriza makes first call out at the Tournament Of Champions! :waving:

~Claire~
09-21-2008, 01:40 AM
You have become one of my favorite pro's!! I love your tiny, tight physique. You are adorable!!!! Congrats on 1st call outs! I wish you the best tonight!

Siouxcountry
09-21-2008, 03:12 AM
5th place for Meriza! :respect:

Lia Halsall
09-21-2008, 03:44 AM
Congrats Meriza. :)

Aletha
09-21-2008, 04:20 AM
Congrats Meriza.

cray17
09-21-2008, 04:36 AM
Congrats on your best placing and showing this year! ;)

~Claire~
09-21-2008, 12:37 PM
Congratulations on 5th girl! You are just a doll! I really like your look at this show! I hope to have the chance to meet you next weekend in Vegas!

debbiebramwell
09-21-2008, 05:45 PM
Hi Meriza sweetheart! I wanted to stop in and let you know somebody from Alabama thinks YOU are amazing and loves you..I love your pics and am happy they had you in first callout! Do I agree with the placings...no..but you know how that goes.....I love when you flex your back and pop those shoulders more..(you know how they tell ya not to do that...screw them hahaha) Anyways, enjoy your time off and keep enjoying this wonderful journey you are on......I will officially say it right here that you are the most underrate figure girl out there and I know soooo mnay agree....we love you!:bowdown::kiss:

Physedfit
09-21-2008, 05:47 PM
Great job Meriza! You shined this weekend!

Siouxcountry
09-22-2008, 02:51 AM
Great job Meriza! You shined this weekend!

This is the third time this year we got the pleasure to see Meriza on stage. She got a top 5 placing! :respect:

http://www.musculardevelopment.com/browse/index.php?mode=browse&id=4900&eventcode=1289

kitty kat
09-22-2008, 10:55 AM
Congrats Meriza,
You looked outstanding ;)

DanielleA
09-22-2008, 01:35 PM
Congrats on a top 5 finish! I think this is the best you have looked all year. You brought in exactly what the judges were looking for. Too bad there wasn't one more show before the O - I know you could have grabbed a spot!

Are you done for the season?

Shelly
09-22-2008, 09:03 PM
i agree you looked absolutely fantastic!!!!!

Roxana
09-22-2008, 11:54 PM
Congrats girl... you really looked great!! I wish I could've been there... I hope you get back up on the O stage next year! You certainly belong up there!! xoxo

Princess Nutritionist
09-23-2008, 01:26 AM
Meriza,
You looked amazing as you always do! Congrats on top 5! I can't wait to see you and Pete in a few days!!

Meriza
09-23-2008, 05:23 AM
Hi Meriza sweetheart! I wanted to stop in and let you know somebody from Alabama thinks YOU are amazing and loves you..I love your pics and am happy they had you in first callout! Do I agree with the placings...no..but you know how that goes.....I love when you flex your back and pop those shoulders more..(you know how they tell ya not to do that...screw them hahaha) Anyways, enjoy your time off and keep enjoying this wonderful journey you are on......I will officially say it right here that you are the most underrate figure girl out there and I know soooo mnay agree....we love you!:bowdown::kiss:

Thanks for all the support and LOVE Ms DEB!
This time I will be the one cheering you on from the audience as you "wow" as with your routine for the "O"!
Enjoy every moment at the "O"!
I will be with MANSports booth or hanging with Peter at ALRI booth as well...

See you soon!
:kiss:

xoxo

Meriza
09-23-2008, 05:27 AM
Congratulations on 5th girl! You are just a doll! I really like your look at this show! I hope to have the chance to meet you next weekend in Vegas!

Thanks for all your kind word here at the boards for me! It really feels great coming from you! I will see you in Vegas in a couple of days...I will be at the MANSports booth or ALRI booth (my other half-Peter is working with them)...It would really be nice to chat, hang with you...

xoxo

Meriza
09-23-2008, 05:28 AM
Congrats Meriza,
You looked outstanding ;)

Thanks Katherine!

Meriza
09-23-2008, 05:33 AM
Congrats on a top 5 finish! I think this is the best you have looked all year. You brought in exactly what the judges were looking for. Too bad there wasn't one more show before the O - I know you could have grabbed a spot!

Are you done for the season?

Hi Ms Dannie!

Thanks for all your positive feedbacks! I really appreciate it...I decided to end my season...I think my back will need more time to get smaller! I was told that my back was too thick and hard...I might apply for the ARNOLD 2009...But not really sure yet...I know I will be competing IFBB CALS 2009 MAY...But have not map anythign concreat just yet...

Finishing up my season with one last photoshoot for FLEX mag on Oct5th...

STay motivated and keep me posted about you!

xoxoxoxoxo

Meriza
09-23-2008, 05:34 AM
i agree you looked absolutely fantastic!!!!!

Thanks for your kind words!xoxoxoxoxo

Meriza
09-23-2008, 05:35 AM
Congrats girl... you really looked great!! I wish I could've been there... I hope you get back up on the O stage next year! You certainly belong up there!! xoxo

I will still see you in Vegas! I won't be "naked" this time! lol! we can hopefully catch up and I can get to meet your little one!

Thanks for all your help this year and we will do it again next year!

xoxoxo

Meriza
09-23-2008, 05:37 AM
Meriza,
You looked amazing as you always do! Congrats on top 5! I can't wait to see you and Pete in a few days!!

Hi Ms AMy!

Thanks for all the LOVE! and I will defintely see you in Vegas! we can finally hang! so, looking forward! xoxoxoxo

619 MUSCLE
09-23-2008, 05:44 AM
This is the third time this year we got the pleasure to see Meriza on stage. She got a top 5 placing! :respect:

http://www.musculardevelopment.com/browse/index.php?mode=browse&id=4900&eventcode=1289

Congrats, Lady...You done us all proud in the 619.
And thanks to everyone in the family for your support.
What did our dear paisano have to say, "sometimes the winners aren't the ones who leave the stage with a plastic trophy; they are the ones who leave with the people's hearts"

You've definitely got all our hearts, little one! And, the other night at the TOC, you were one of the crowd favorites, for sure!

Can't wait to see you on stage again..

Nice job, little lady.

Thanks Sioux and everyone for your support of our girl all year long!!

Pete

Ana Tigre
09-23-2008, 06:00 AM
, "sometimes the winners aren't the ones who leave the stage with a plastic trophy; they are the ones who leave with the people's hearts"

This is so true!

Congratulations Meriza, you looked amazing! I love the way you have transformed your physique. You look perfect!

~Claire~
09-23-2008, 02:47 PM
Thanks for all your kind word here at the boards for me! It really feels great coming from you! I will see you in Vegas in a couple of days...I will be at the MANSports booth or ALRI booth (my other half-Peter is working with them)...It would really be nice to chat, hang with you...

xoxo

Meriza, everytime I look at your pics from the TOC, I just think..."my goodness she looks awesome." (I sound gay, but, I can assure you, I'm sooo not) You really have the look that I'd love to have. I made a promise to myself last year that I wasn't going to cut my hair again (just trim it) until I turn 40 (that's 6 1/2 years away). But, everytime I see your pics, I just want to hop in the car and drive straight to my hairstylist! I JUST LOVE YOUR HAIR!! I can't wait to meet you...only a few more days!

CanonGirl
09-23-2008, 07:17 PM
My Meriza! Always a pleasure to see you and the Pete man! You guys gave the judges a very tough job this weekend. Great line up once again at the TOC. I'm loving the new package you are bringing.

For anyone that wasn't at the show, every time they announced Meriza as she was walking out to do her quarter turns, the entire audience went absolutely nuts. By far the fan favorite at the show! (It's either that or you had several hundred relatives and friends in the audience) ha :)

Take care hon. See you soon.

Siouxcountry
09-24-2008, 02:19 AM
Meriza wrote an article recently titled, The Changing Face of Figure..............

CLICK HERE (http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?t=3217)

:cool:

Jodi_Lane
09-25-2008, 06:08 AM
her body is sickk! and nice shots by stutz!

I AGREE!!!! Stutz takes some of the most AWESOME pictures!!!!

Jodi_Lane
09-25-2008, 06:10 AM
Also just stopping by Meriza's page here to say how awesome her bod is...wow gurl! I love how THICK her back is and her V-taper is gorgeous!!!! I hope mine looks like that some day hehehehehe!!!! Get it gurl!!!!

Siouxcountry
09-27-2008, 09:39 PM
Meriza at the Olympia expo!............. :waving:

Lisa
09-28-2008, 02:42 AM
She is so beautiful!:bowdown:

dvsness
09-29-2008, 04:58 PM
I'm glad we got to chat cutie! :kiss:

~Claire~
09-29-2008, 05:19 PM
Meriza!!! I was so honored to meet you and Pete at the O! You are such a doll~everything about you was incredible. And Pete was super, super kind! It was great working with him at the ALR booth. And it was even more great getting to party with you guys at the after party! I really hope that one day I can make it out to Cali to see ya'll and get some help on my posing. I'd really like to see the 619!

Take care sweetie!!

Siouxcountry
09-29-2008, 06:51 PM
Looks like a great time! :awesome: