PDA

View Full Version : Sports Bra Issues

tasha5951
08-31-2009, 10:47 PM
Ok, so random but...

I, like many of you, have very wide lats. Do any of you find that you have to wrestle with your sports bra when trying to get it over your head? I feel like it takes me way too long because I can't get it over my lats..

Like I said, total randomness:D

tkokayde
08-31-2009, 11:36 PM
I have this problem too. I have found a few that aren't so constricting that are easier. Or maybe I'm just getting used to the struggle. I'm a big fan of the Nike Pro ones that Dick's carries in every color for $20. I think I have almost every color at this point, lol. Not that I need a sports bra at this point. Lmao.

jewelisa
08-31-2009, 11:39 PM
i know i always take a deep breath before the daily attempt .. and dang if you have done shoulders hard the day before lol

Suzanne
09-01-2009, 12:07 AM
I can't find any i like i feel like i am in a straight jacke tthen get a backache/neckache. Or if i fidn one the band isn't cutting off circulation then no support

tried the VS ones and looked like shit in them

i hate clothes :banghead:

chicky9914
09-01-2009, 12:12 AM
I'm discovering this more and more recently. All my bras are really tight and so many of my shirts no longer fit. I used to be able to wear smalls offseason and on, but now, nooo way!

cslim
09-01-2009, 01:13 AM
i know i always take a deep breath before the daily attempt .. and dang if you have done shoulders hard the day before lol

ha ha! so true!!!

I can't find any i like i feel like i am in a straight jacke tthen get a backache/neckache. Or if i fidn one the band isn't cutting off circulation then no support

tried the VS ones and looked like shit in them

i hate clothes :banghead:

Straight jacket, check!
hate clothes, check! lol! ;) suzanne, you should've seen me after the first time i put this one dress on after my first year of training/bulking/prep etc... it was a tiny struggle getting it on, but getting it off! OMG, i was stuck with that dress over my head for a good 10-15 minutes while i struggled to get it over my bicep! LOL! i didn't pay attention before cuz i didn't have any!

anyway, back to the bras!...i do love champion brand ones that have a thin racerback strap...the material is supportive, but moveable and stretchy...they are about $15 or $20 at Target. they seem to have less restrictive lat area :)

hope this link works: it's thinner straps and just plain ole comfy material :)

http://www.target.com/C9-Champion-Seamless-Sports-White/dp/B000Y1NEDU/sr=1-1/qid=1251767477/ref=sr_1_1/182-5577452-6130960?ie=UTF8&search-alias=tgt-index&frombrowse=0&rh=k%3Achampion%20sports%20bra&page=1

jewelisa
09-01-2009, 02:07 AM
the marshall's by me at least seems to have a decent workout section and mucho clearance right now fyi

fbbfanatic
09-01-2009, 02:20 AM
I'm way out of my depth here when it comes to women's fashion or probably any kind of fashion for that matter, but maybe www.athleta.com has something suitable. They've catered to uber-athletic women for years and are now part of GAP. They might be expensive, but clothing retailers seem to be discounting so maybe there are some good deals.

Cristina
09-01-2009, 04:45 PM
anyway, back to the bras!...i do love champion brand ones that have a thin racerback strap...the material is supportive, but moveable and stretchy...they are about $15 or $20 at Target. they seem to have less restrictive lat area :)

I have like 5 of the same kind from Target. You're right, they're more substantial and supportive than several of the others I've tried on. Pretty inexpensive too. The lat area is super comfortable...well...as comfortable as it can be of course

I definitely recommend those too. Nice suggestion Carole! :waving:

dvsness
09-01-2009, 04:59 PM
h=

hope this link works: it's thinner straps and just plain ole comfy material :)

http://www.target.com/C9-Champion-Seamless-Sports-White/dp/B000Y1NEDU/sr=1-1/qid=1251767477/ref=sr_1_1/182-5577452-6130960?ie=UTF8&search-alias=tgt-index&frombrowse=0&rh=k%3Achampion%20sports%20bra&page=1

I have a few of these as well.

edenkat
09-01-2009, 08:04 PM
I have a few of the Target ones too although my lats aren't that wide... yet :D

ATilly
09-01-2009, 08:09 PM
Yes, I agree on the discomfort around the back too... but I have found the champion ones that CSlim mentioned to be pretty great. I also like my Nike's as well Kayde, they are like one band but they are supportive, and stretchy!

Athleta has great stuff but they are pricey and what I have found is that you must watch constantly for sales because you'll go and fill up your cart with great sale stuff and nothing is available. They sell out quickly.

What about comfortable thongs that don't move when you train? I have Under Armour ones that I LOVE but they don't make them anymore... any suggestions there?

Maeg13
09-01-2009, 10:44 PM
I love the sports bras from Target! The straps are adjustable and they come in a million diff colors. Affordable, styish & comfortable. Can't ask for more!

ISABELLE TURELL
09-07-2009, 07:39 PM
Ok, so random but...

I, like many of you, have very wide lats. Do any of you find that you have to wrestle with your sports bra when trying to get it over your head? I feel like it takes me way too long because I can't get it over my lats..

Like I said, total randomness:D I am with you 100% on this. Its a royal pain in my butt.:p I have pretty much tried all types of brands and well I still have a problem getting the darn thing on. GEEZ. I have gotten use to it.

Playswithrocks
09-07-2009, 07:52 PM

That's what I'm wearing in my avi picture. I have a few of them and they're probably my favorite. My only complaint is that, for me at least, they're not so great for cardio. They seem to be super stretchy, making them comfortable, but the girls move a bit too much when I'm on the elliptical... and it's not like my boobs are all that big. lol

I also found an everlast sports bra at Big 5 Sporting Goods one time. I love that thing, but when I went back to buy like 50 more of them, they were out and I haven't seen them since.