PDA

View Full Version : I thought Christina Vargas looked great!

Siouxcountry
08-31-2009, 11:10 PM
Was she over looked?

The Houston Pro was her pro debut. She won her class at the 2009 NPC Jr Nationals.

She placed 13th.....................

Tonia
09-01-2009, 02:11 AM
I hadn't heard of her until now...but she looks amazing!!!! I'd love to hear other's thought on this!

History in Effect
09-01-2009, 02:36 AM
Was she over looked?

The Houston Pro was her pro debut. She won her class at the 2009 NPC Jr Nationals.

She placed 13th.....................

She has a bright future. I think its hard for the judges to reward a new pro better than some people who have been there for a while...that's just my opinion.

nutratroy
09-01-2009, 05:31 AM
She has a bright future. I think its hard for the judges to reward a new pro better than some people who have been there for a while...that's just my opinion.

Not necessarily, Katina is the same and she is cracked top callouts this season. Jamie Ford, comes to mind as well does a few others..but I feel ya.

I actually comneted in another thread she was overlooked with Roy.:awesome:

AJ Williams IFBB
09-01-2009, 12:09 PM
Not necessarily, Katina is the same and she is cracked top callouts this season. Jamie Ford, comes to mind as well does a few others..but I feel ya.

I agree with TROY... IT WAS a tough line up! She did well. she is a beautiful girl... so tiny! you could just pick her up and squeeze her... she will have a GREAT CAREER!:p

History in Effect
09-01-2009, 01:21 PM

This was her first show after turning pro right? Katina had been in some before, so the judges could gauge her progress. I think the key is to have some varying callouts to assess the look of many different competitiors

nutratroy
09-01-2009, 06:00 PM
This was her first show after turning pro right? Katina had been in some before, so the judges could gauge her progress. I think the key is to have some varying callouts to assess the look of many different competitiors

No, Katina's Pro Debut was the Europa 2 weeks ago, houston was her second show a week later, she just turned pro too.

Vargas is a very cute and genetically gifted girl, but she will have to lose some of the "muscle bellies to place better" she was a bit to full. Her and Roy have a very bright career once they find their look. If Vargas was smart, she'd match herself up to someone like Siobain and see what she needs to do physique wise as they are both strikingly silmilar-JMO bro

One thing about Vargas and Roy, they are so gifited & cute, u do notice them on a constant basis when scaning the stage live, so they do get looks. Like I said at this point it is ALL ABOUT YOU PRESENTATION!!!!! NOT CONDITIONING...it's different live. Trust me, it's hard sometime's to see that in pics online...I get that.

Judges just do not go for wide clavicals and small waistline with great quad sweep...lol. It is not bodybuilding. It's going to be a learning curve for them still. Like I say, all they have to do is make changes the judges request from the feedback (they nned to ask!) and keep looking under every rock till they fine tune thier winning solution. They are pros and will be treated as such.

DanielleA
09-01-2009, 06:53 PM
Troy, that's really interesting when you say to "lose the full muscle bellies". Can you expand on that? Do you mean she needs to get harder? You always give great advice, I think we would all like to hear what you have to say and "get in your head" a little more. Thanks!

nutratroy
09-02-2009, 05:35 AM
Troy, that's really interesting when you say to "lose the full muscle bellies". Can you expand on that? Do you mean she needs to get harder? You always give great advice, I think we would all like to hear what you have to say and "get in your head" a little more. Thanks!

I know it sounds crazy, but from my vast learning curve, she is like really full and has thighs/calves like a bodybuilder in her posing stance. When a genetic freak has short perfect bellies like her on a shorter frame, they have to be a little softer...Meriza and Akane are a great example of this. She is short and fits into this category, so does Sheilyn Roy. Roy is not full but really LEAN in Houston this time, so there has to be a balance of both. If your going to be FULL, you have to posedown. Vargas is new and has that "pop" to her muscles. It is from a combo of training and flexing and diet. Like I said....she finds her balance from the tweeks from the judges, she is golden, because she really is talent. Sh has a wide open future! It also matters who is in the show. If your leader is short, gotta follow that protoype

Here is a great example of coming in softer and flexing down the body (legs,arms, ect). Krissy has maybe the best capped delts in the pro ranks-lucky. If you look at the Jax show vs the Houston show, she did not "pop' the full bellies by flexing and came in softer in houston. I know girls hate that when it happens, but thats the rules set forth by the critera now. Heres a look at what I mean.

DanielleA
09-02-2009, 03:51 PM
I see what you mean. Thanks for explaining! (and yes, Krissy's got some of the best delts in the biz, by FAR :bowdown:)

Siouxcountry
09-02-2009, 06:33 PM
Christina is in a new Ultimate Nutrition commercial...... LINK (http://www.hardbody.com/news/2009/09/02/christina-vargas-in-the-redzone/) :)