PDA

View Full Version : Which board member has helped/inspired you the most?...

AirHarp
10-03-2009, 02:32 AM
Title says it all.

I have to go w/ Kenyatta.
Seeing her have the guts to post progress pics when she was not at her best.
Reading about her ups and downs w/ her diet.
Seeing her pull it all together and look great on stage.
She the reason I shed my fears and started posting my progress pics.

KP also helped me a lot when I first got on the board by listening when I was going through things w/ my ex.

What WARRIOR has helped/inspired you?

Alli
10-03-2009, 02:54 AM
WOW I love this question....and here's my answer:

Eryn Strickland- she's been such a HUGE friend and a HUGE support for me. It's amazing to me sometimes how you meet a beautiful person when its most unexpected, and for me, finding a friend in Eryn was that moment. From phone calls, to emails, to her being backstage with me at Team U bikini biting my depleted ass, I'm SOOOOOOOOO thankful for her. She's inspired me in so many ways- shes such a strong spitfire of a woman!

Siouxcountry
10-03-2009, 03:12 AM
I knew Kenyatta was special soon after she started posting. She is a wonderful woman.

Harper so many women here have inspired me.

I will mention four women who have suffered injuries.

Claire O'Connell tore her bicep tendon in 2008, she ended up having surgery on both arms. This year has been one of recovery for Claire. Claire is extremely competitive and this has been a huge challenge for her. She's coming back strong and will be kicking butt in 2010! We have been close friends for two years now. She is a beautiful person inside and out.

Melody Chao tore her ACL last year. I remember her soon after attending a show to show her support and take photos for this board. Melody is such an incredible woman, who has enriched this forum beyond one can imagine. She has helped boost my moral when I get down in the dumps. She brings so much passion to whatever she does. I'm honored to call her a friend.

Kayde Puckett almost called it quits after being injured. Fitness has to be one of the most dangerous sports out there. She continued on and now look at her, she won the biggest amateur show of the year and will soon be an IFBB Pro (first she's going to compete at the World Championships). This young lady is so passionate and full of life. She loves this board, the members here, is a great mod, and is a terrific friend to me.

Maryann Glascock tore her hamstring in 2008 and broke her arm at the Arnold Classic this year. You can imagine how tough it has been for her. Maryann is very intelligent, and I see many great things for her in the future. Every time I see a photo of her I see my Sister, as they look so much a like (at least to me).:D

I could go on and on and on. I have so much respect for so many here. :respect:

Making_A_Change
10-03-2009, 03:20 AM
This is an easy one. Laura Bailey has been a huge inspiration to me as an athlete, a professional, and a person. I am thankful that I got the opportunity to actually talk to her and then finally meet at The O--just a genuine and giving individual.

Oh, and I am now going to enjoy an off-season full of Kavli and wasa crackers, too!

jewelisa
10-03-2009, 12:29 PM
I would have to say honestly w/o being politically correct ;)

i seem to learn lil bits every time i sign on ..

but a few come to mind ... chicky , melody, isabella, jodi, kayde , the firecracker, atilly, SIOUX ..:D dang there r to many .. the erik's ( eric's ) jersey girls

i guess i feel like i have friends here that go through similar experiences and are gracious enough to share the good, the bad, the ugly :respect:

have a great day all

KP DIVA
10-03-2009, 01:02 PM
FA Harper!! I'm going to beat you!!! You picked a pic of us at my fattest, lol! What about all the Arnold pics we took together, dang I was atleast 5 pounds ligther?? LOL, but it's all good!! Harp, what a pleasant surprise!! Thank you so much for the kind words...it really means a lot!!

Yes, I've had many ups/downs but truly believe posting pics and speaking openly about my struggles helps me stay grounded. I often say I'm bipolar and it's no offense to those who have really been diagnosed w/ bipolar...but, I swear I can really relate. The ups/downs I've gone through have been pretty bad at times and if it weren't for this board things probably could have gotten a lot worse. Another reason I post pics is b/c it helps ppl "Looking in" who think we walk around in shape year round and think that this is just oohhh so easy realize that this is hard work!!!

Anywho....who has inspried me most? There are several folks who have provided me such inspiration during my ups/downs but the person who seems to post in my journal right when I need it is Melody Chao! She doesn't visit 2-3x a week, and she doesn't have to. But, when she does stop by her words are always so encouraging and right on time. They are always just what I need to hear to give me that extra push!!

Another person is Anne P....lol, Anne just keeps it sooo real! She calls me a fat ass when I'm a fat ass and tells me when she can clearly see that I'm making progress. Anne always keeps it really and her comments to me are constructive criticism and I never take it personal...I just know she's keeping it real with me and her honesty actually makes me laugh!!

Suzanne!!! What can I say about Suzanne...She's another one who always keeps it real. Early on I think I misunderstood her a lot and we exchanged plenty of PM's...I often times "assumed" things and she would have to clarify, lol! Suzanne's journal is soo inspiring. Her focus, motivation, and determination is just unstoppable. I don't think I've seen anyone as determined as her!! And she makes me sick....b/c she never cheats on her prep, lol!! I haven't got to that level yet!!! But, I'm getting there...7 weeks out from Nats, no cheats!!!!

ripitupbaby
10-03-2009, 01:48 PM
So many good ones mentioned here... Kenyatta, Melody, Claire for sure... but for me, Sioux is my choice because of his commitment and dedication to this board, support for the women in the sport, his loyalty, and honesty as a friend. :hug:

AirHarp
10-03-2009, 01:54 PM
FA Harper!! I'm going to beat you!!! You picked a pic of us at my fattest, lol!

At least I picked a pic we were both FAT in!

KP DIVA
10-03-2009, 01:58 PM
So many good ones mentioned here... Kenyatta, Melody, Claire for sure... but for me, Sioux is my choice because of his commitment and dedication to this board, support for the women in the sport, his loyalty, and honesty as a friend. :hug:

Yes, definitely Jason!!! It takes hours and hours of dedication to keep this forum running smoothly!!

At least I picked a pic we were both FAT in!

LOL, true!!!! 11 months later we can both say we have brought "SEXY" back!!

Playswithrocks
10-03-2009, 02:28 PM
It's very hard to single out a few who've most inspired me because there are so many here who have, and all in different ways. I wouldn't want to take away from any of them what so ever....

That being said, I joined this board a long time ago, but never got active in posting. Then, for what ever reason, the week or two before Jr. Nationals I re-found it, and Suzanne's journal. I read every single page of her journal over 2 days, just in time to see her win. I am inspired by her dedication and ability to over come what ever obstacle pops up. I'm inspired by the huge changes she made in her life to get where she is now. She doesn't sugar coat anything either, and I love that level of honesty.

Isabelle. Another journal I've read quite a lot of! When I watch the video of her winning her pro-card, I still get tears in my eyes. She's strong, muscular, beautiful, and makes no apologies for it. She is who she is, and that's awesome. I admire they way in which she was able to deal with having to pull out of the Olympia, and said that they would be many more Olympias. The ability to see the big picture and focus on long term goals, putting them over an amazing opportunity that so few ever get is admirable. This woman has her head screwed on tight and her priorities in check! She is right, by letting this Olympia go, there will be many more.

Kenyatta. Because she's another person who is who she is and knows what she wants and makes no apologies for it. She's hard working and goal oriented.

Melody. Talk about someone who comes off so selfless! I love her up-beat attitude. She seems to focus on the positive very well... something I'm in need of.

I know I could keep going, but these 4 were the first to pop into my head. :) There are so many inspirational people here.

Siouxcountry
10-03-2009, 02:49 PM

Yes, definitely Jason!!! It takes hours and hours of dedication to keep this forum running smoothly!!

Awwww thanks you two! :hug: You two and many more here motivate me to do the best I can. This board would be nothing without women like you two.

Lori you know how much you mean to me. I know we'll always be friends. :awesome:

teri
10-03-2009, 03:33 PM
I say THE WHOLE BOARD...all of the girls and guys here ROCK!!! If not for all the strong hearted peeps here and a beautiful place for us all to come together -it would not be as special as it is....I LUV U ALL ...:kiss::bowdown::respect:

In2Fitness
10-03-2009, 05:40 PM
I say THE WHOLE BOARD...all of the girls and guys here ROCK!!! If not for all the strong hearted peeps here and a beautiful place for us all to come together -it would not be as special as it is....I LUV U ALL ...:kiss::bowdown::respect:

x2

I don't post that often, but I visit the board every day, usually 3-4 times a day. I have learned so much and am constantly inspired by those that keep journals, the individuals that post diet/training/supplement/prep questions, and the knowledgeable folks who take the time to provide answers. THANK YOU ALL!

:sc:

Shelly
10-03-2009, 06:02 PM
i dont think i can pick one person i have learned so much from so many on here... and i appreciate everyone who contributes!

cray17
10-03-2009, 07:47 PM
I can't choose one person either. In some form or fashion (and I won't go into all the ways because it would take up too much time), each of you have inspired me to be a better person, physically, emotionally, and mentally. Other than God and my blood family, you are the most influential people I've ever known, and I'm thankful to God that He has allowed me to be a part of this site, with my second family. :respect:

Badgergrl
10-03-2009, 07:54 PM
awww Thanks, Sioux. :) I didn't know I looked like your sister.

I get inspiration from a lot of people on the board at different times, but I've been particularly moved by Melody, our StrongFox! It seems rare anymore to meet someone who is just genuinely a good person. I've watched Melody continue to do things for others, expecting nothing in return. After my surgery, she sent me some of Michelle's cookies (which I am now addicted to). She is extremely humble and never looks for praise for the wonderful things she does for this board and its members.
We met in person for the first time last year at the AC Pro, and she was so down to earth that I felt like I had known her forever. She was hobbling around on crutches, but was more cheerful than anyone in the place. I really admire the positive attitude she seems to have through everything, and it never comes across as fake at all. Like I said, she's a genuine person. Somehow she manages to stay positive while still being real.

Siouxcountry
10-03-2009, 11:36 PM
The incredible Sue Upson, who competed with a brain tumor. She'll be having brain surgery at the end of the month. Read more...........

http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?p=249138#post249138

:respect:

NYCStrongFox
10-04-2009, 12:06 AM
OMG, can I say that I'm tearing up here. Thank you guys for saying I've helped/inspired you in some way. Not what I expected to read here lol, :kiss: , but I'm glad that I've touched you guys in some positive way. :hug:

However, it goes both ways with SO many of you. Where to start?

One of the first who come to mind who has helped and inspired me is my girl Kitty Kat. While I struggled to find my "mojo", she was always there to help push me a little more until I was on the ball. We talk everyday and we text everyday. Without her by my side, I think it would have taken me longer to get back on track. My ACL injury really messed with my head and my desire to train and even compete again. Kat helped push me a little further. She always makes time for me and our friendship of 1 year and 6 months is strong, positive, loving and happy. It was cause of Siouxcountry.com we got to meet and we clicked immediately.

This could turn into a LONG post lol, but I must say that each of our mods, and many of our members here have inspired me in SO many ways. I take a little from each of you and you've helped me step out of the box several times and see things different.

Sioux :kiss:

SBT
10-04-2009, 02:47 AM
There are definitely too many ladies here that come to mind that inspire me or help me in different ways to list, but I will agree with what a few others have said and agree that I also look up to Sioux and am more then thankful for everything he does for us here on this board!! :D

Lisa E
10-04-2009, 05:08 AM
She is my personal friend, yes, this is true, but she inspires me so very much. Her will and her drive to succeed in attaining her goals is so strong. Her energy is positive in every way. I still cannot believe what type of strength it must have taken for her to make such a comeback! I learn from her thinking of a true athlete every time I speak to her.

Also, I must say that every single person on this board inspires me. I love to read posts of commendation, overcoming life's problems, the trials and tribulations of prep, support to others. It is very energizing.

Thanks everyone!

Suzanne
10-04-2009, 02:44 PM
Suzanne!!! What can I say about Suzanne...She's another one who always keeps it real. Early on I think I misunderstood her a lot and we exchanged plenty of PM's...I often times "assumed" things and she would have to clarify, lol! Suzanne's journal is soo inspiring. Her focus, motivation, and determination is just unstoppable. I don't think I've seen anyone as determined as her!! And she makes me sick....b/c she never cheats on her prep, lol!! I haven't got to that level yet!!! But, I'm getting there...7 weeks out from Nats, no cheats!!!!

That being said, I joined this board a long time ago, but never got active in posting. Then, for what ever reason, the week or two before Jr. Nationals I re-found it, and Suzanne's journal. I read every single page of her journal over 2 days, just in time to see her win. I am inspired by her dedication and ability to over come what ever obstacle pops up. I'm inspired by the huge changes she made in her life to get where she is now. She doesn't sugar coat anything either, and I love that level of honesty.

:kiss:

Thank you so much I try to be an inspiration through my past weight loss, having honest journals, determination and posting pics when good and bad. I think people seeing what competitors look like off season really helps. Not sugar coating often ends up looking negative when it isn't intended that way i am just never been someone who write really long and elaborate things and I - not really sure how to describe this - have never been really sugary emotional about how i word things

I also have been inspired by many people for different things
those who work crazy long hours and still make sure they get training in
those who have worked through injuries, illnesses..
those who set goals and let nothing stop them
those who hit road blocs but pick themselves up and keep going

Alli
10-04-2009, 03:29 PM
I've also got to add:

1) Debbie Bramwell- her attitude and her positive mentality are infectious and inspirational

2)Ann Titone- cannot WAIT to see her blow it up on the pro stage! (yeah for the muscular girls!:awesome::awesome:)

3)Lori Steele- A figure to bbing switch who's just got an insane body!

DJudy
10-04-2009, 05:39 PM
Too many to name. I love this board because you can log on at any time and get great motivation, feed back and support from almost all members.

Thanks Sioux :kiss:

AirHarp
10-05-2009, 05:29 PM
:bump:

Siouxcountry
10-05-2009, 05:40 PM
There are definitely too many ladies here that come to mind that inspire me or help me in different ways to list, but I will agree with what a few others have said and agree that I also look up to Sioux and am more then thankful for everything he does for us here on this board!! :D

Check is in the mail. :D

Thanks Sioux :kiss:

:hug:

Betsy
10-05-2009, 05:42 PM
I love you all and think you all bring a different unique positive attitude to the board! Dont think i could possibly narrow it down! XOXO

ripitupbaby
10-05-2009, 05:44 PM
I've also got to add:

1) Debbie Bramwell- her attitude and her positive mentality are infectious and inspirational

2)Ann Titone- cannot WAIT to see her blow it up on the pro stage! (yeah for the muscular girls!:awesome::awesome:)

3)Lori Steele- A figure to bbing switch who's just got an insane body!

:kiss:

Now hurry up and make the switch dammit! :D :D :D

LeslieRae
10-05-2009, 06:29 PM
this thread is super inspiring! does that count?!

i am inspired by every person who has been honest with themselves and their journey...it is hard to admit struggles and obsticals and make your self vunerable...i am so thankful to have become a part of such a wonderful site and am greatful to Sioux...with out you and your vision we would not be brought together in such a way that we can inspire and be inspired all at the same time...:hug3:

Bronwyn
10-05-2009, 07:20 PM
Many of you, your troubles, your wins, your losses, your battles - same I have too - helping me to go further.... I know I am not alone on my way.

I tried to write to lot of journals but I have not so much time - this is great topic to say thanks girls (and off course Sioux!)

pumpinironeryn
10-05-2009, 07:38 PM
Thanks Alli!

You are an amazing freind. I love you to peices.....

Helping you at team u was what saved me from myself that weekend.

You know what I mean....

xo eryn

fitlei
10-05-2009, 10:54 PM
Wow, great question!!!

I'm actually going to go with MEL on this. I've been in and out of the fitness life for about 2 yrs now after being promoted @ work and overloaded with work and struggling to balance it all -- to discovering some herniated discs, pinched nerves n all sorts of other back/neck problems. Anyhow, I met Mel in 2008 @ a Mike Davies weekend bootcamp. I was so nervous to be there after it being about 6 months from my last show and completely not training....I met Mel @ the airport and became instantly drawn to her from then! She's such a warm, welcoming person making me feel super comfortable and seeing her dedication after dieting for 6 months and still 3 months away from her show...she was the only girl waking up @ 4am to make sure she got her cardio in while we all slept... I was just so inspired by her in that moment that it's lasted since then after all of her struggles with the ACL...switching to fitness then bb...etc.

Mel, I know I may have never told you this but you are such an inspiration to me and I'm so happy that you are a part of this board and we can still keep in touch!! You are definitely such a blessing!! :)

Some honorable mentions would be... Leeza(her progress is amazing), Kitty Kat (our IFBB pro mama, she's just incredible) Suzanne (luvv her journal... her transformation to become the Jr. Nats champ was awesome), Kenyatta (you go girl! We are sooo in the same boat and I'm so glad you got back on stage! Maybe I will get the courage to next!) Twinnies - Shel/Bets...(such great progress @ their first Nat show!)

I think everyone here on this board has definitely made an impact on me in some way... Thank you so much ladies!!! :)

:awesome:

SBT
10-05-2009, 11:39 PM
After hanging out and seeing her yesterday, I have gotta say our little Rip!! :ripitupbaby:

I mean everyone on here keeps me motivated and inspired, but her and Islandgirl are the ones that originally gave me the confidence to know that I could do bodybuilding too and not just figure. But being able to hang out with her, and get some workouts in, and see what she pushes herself too both off season and now while dieting, really is inspiring!! :D

tkokayde
10-06-2009, 12:21 AM
Love you all, and I have to echo that there are too many to name them all!

Definitely though, Suz has helped me the most. She has been an awesome friend and a great support. This year has been LONG for me, and Suz kept me hanging on. She was texting me at midnight before Jr. USA's, wishing me luck. She was there for me through all my stepmill torture between Jr. USA's and Jr. Nat's. And she was such an inspiration to watch onstage in Chicago. Then, even though she was trying to just enjoy her brief "offseason", she kept me hanging on from Jr. Nat's to Team U. She even helped me find a great coach (Jeremy) along the way! And then, to top it off, she was texting Jeremy throughout Team U to let him know how I was doing, all while she was posting excitedly on here. She doesn't hold back, she tells it like it is, and I love that we can be totally honest with each other.

Also, now that my hubby has joined, I gotta include him as someone that has helped the most. It's not his job to walk the dogs, go to the grocery store twice a day, haul my crap around the gym, listen to me freak out, watch my routine practice over and over, put up with my scattered thought process, microwave my sweet potatoes, etc., but he still does it. I'm sure there might be some significant others in the NPC/IFBB that do what he does, but I just can't imagine it.