PDA

View Full Version : Help! My Hair is orange!

jlay
04-23-2008, 03:17 AM
Well, I was stupid & got the urge to dye my hair right away. I have an appointment with my regular girl in 3wks, but I thought "hey maybe I will try & save some money." I am bad about when I want to change my hair, I want to do it right away! I am naturally a dirty blonde & switch it up & get lowlights sometimes & sometimes just highlights. It did have lowlights & then the white blonde highlights. With summer coming up, I wanted it an all over really light white blonde. I bought a really light ash bc I know ash is supposed to tone down the orange. It looks great, except for around the roots & where the lowlights were, it is really yellowy orange, or maybe just a really golden blonde, but I don't like it. Any suggestions to tone it down until I can get to my girl & get it fixed? I should have known better!

buffbabeGA
04-23-2008, 03:22 AM
Well, I was stupid & got the urge to dye my hair right away. I have an appointment with my regular girl in 3wks, but I thought "hey maybe I will try & save some money." I am bad about when I want to change my hair, I want to do it right away! I am naturally a dirty blonde & switch it up & get lowlights sometimes & sometimes just highlights. It did have lowlights & then the white blonde highlights. With summer coming up, I wanted it an all over really light white blonde. I bought a really light ash bc I know ash is supposed to tone down the orange. It looks great, except for around the roots & where the lowlights were, it is really yellowy orange, or maybe just a really golden blonde, but I don't like it. Any suggestions to tone it down until I can get to my girl & get it fixed? I should have known better!

sowwy sweetie.. dont know what to tell you.. i would wait until u can get in there and they can put some solution on it to strip the color u put in.... i wouldnt mess with it anymore. u dont want to damage ur hair

IslandGirl
04-23-2008, 04:04 AM
LOL! I just did what you did recently and I was SHOCKED when I rinsed off the color. I called my girl and luckily she was there (getting her hair done) so she had me come right in and she fixed it.

She re-dyed the roots to my normal color because mines came out a funky color as well. I know how you are feeling! I told Wendi that I was so glad she could take me right in cuz' I was not about to leave the house for ANYTHING! lol!

Could you possibly call and see if she can take you in as an emergency?

Shelly
04-23-2008, 12:03 PM
yes make an emergency appt! or wear hats LMAO

sowwy girl thay sucks ive done it a million times in the past!!!

Betsy
04-23-2008, 12:09 PM
hats, headbands, and bandanas! LOL

Sorry to hear its Orange.. we have similar color hair and i WISH i could just do it myself and save some loot but im sure id screw it up!!

Make an appt with ure girl ASAP if you want it fixed.. and if you keep washing it the colors will fade and blend!

ripitupbaby
04-23-2008, 02:52 PM
LOL.... not laughing AT you, though... laughing WITH you because so many of us have done it before!! :p

It's true that washing it will help fade and blend the colors, but you're going to have to just get an appointment to fix it asap. Any more at-home fixes just run the risk of making it worse!

jlay
04-24-2008, 07:10 PM
Thanks ya'll! I know it is pretty funny. I've been using that purple shampoo & conditioner & it looks A LOT better now. It is not quite how I would like it, but it will work until I get to my girl in a couple of weeks. I just let that purple stuff sit on my head for a long time!