PDA

View Full Version : CONTEST HAS BEGUN - Ends 6:20 PM CT, April 30th

Siouxcountry
04-23-2008, 11:20 PM
The contest will end 7 days from the minute I post this.

Name two women from each of the following sports who you respect, and why?
Bodybuilding
Fitness
FigureThe women can be pros, or amateurs. You can be as detailed as you want with your reply. You can even add pics.

Our 8 board moderators will each vote (in private) who impressed them the most with their answer. Who ever gets the most votes wins the prize below. I will break a tie if necessary (or I will just eat the cookies myself :D).

Good luck! :popcorn:

Siouxcountry
04-23-2008, 11:22 PM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c155/coconutsandapples/NEW/mb-banner.png (http://www.michellesmagicmorsels.com/)

We'll be starting up a new contest soon. :)

Michelle has agreed to give the winner either 2 dozen cookies (http://michellesmagicmorsels.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1) or a gift basket (http://michellesmagicmorsels.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=10)! :eat:

Michelle has been selling her famous protein cookies via her website (http://www.michellesmajesticmuscle.com/) for years. She brings them to contests as well. They are yummy! :D

She's recently opened a website specifically for selling her cookies...

http://www.michellesmagicmorsels.com/

My name is Michelle Brent. I have been an athlete most of my life and participated in sports in High School and College. I became a competitive bodybuilder in 1986 and still compete to this day.

I have been involved in the health and fitness field for over 20 years. I used to own a gym and purchased different supplement and protein products. Since becoming a bodybuilder, Iím always in need of a sufficient amount of protein. Now with the selection of meal replacements, there are different ways to get protein in, especially with all the bars and now cookies to choose from. Most do not taste that good.

I have always loved to bake and used to work for a quality bakery for a few years before I did my gym.. I have always wanted to come up with my own tasty, and thatís the key word ďtastyĒ meal replacement. Now that cookies have become a popular supplement, I thought I would try my hand at my own recipe, which developed into Michelle's Magic Morsels.

I put together my own recipe and included the number one ingredient missing in society today, PROTEIN! I use a quality whey protein blend and fresh ingredients I use egg whites and SPLENDA blend sugars to bring down the calorie content My cookies are a Big 3 oz size that are a great tasting, home style meal replacement made directly by me!!

buffbabeGA
04-24-2008, 12:12 AM
ok... i can do this.....

First would be the BBers.... the person who INSTANTLY came to mind would be Debbie Bramwell... I have met her personally and has to be one of the sweetest and most positive women in the sport. I met her for the first time at the USAs in 06 when she didnt place well. I spoke with her after the show and she said "it just wasnt my day , wasnt my time, and wasnt meant to be , but i compete because i love the sport and its in my blood".... that has forever stayed with me. She has turned pro but i know even if she hadnt last year she would still get on stage for herself. Second in BBing would be Elena Sieple , she is just a great representative of the sport , she is another who has missed turning pro but one placing several times but never gives up or lets it discourage her. ALso she is not only a bber but she is a nutritionist with Tropinon Nutrition and has helped many in the industry to compete and even turn Pro. I also love how she has kept her look she brings to the stage feminine yet hard and ripped.

Now onto fitness..... has to be Maggie Blanchard (www.maggiefit.com) i have had the pleasure of meeting maggie many times and she is yet another woman who never gave up her dream of turning pro . She contributes to the sport in more ways then most. She is a fitness pro , an established suit designer , judge and also npc chairmain for NH. Talk about a wonder woman. I have so much respect for her drive and determination to suceed in the sport. My second fitness chick would have to be Dawn Butterfield , she is one of the sweetest women.. she competes in fitness america federation and she is a mother of either 2 or 3 and i think 40 yrs old. She is another super woman in the sport and proves that being a mother shouldnt stop you from your dreams. what an inspitation she is.

My figure choices would be...... first would be Arina Manta she is a figure pro from australia. I really love her look and the package she brings to the stage. She makes so many efforts to compete here in the states and get her name out there even at the high costs of travel and long times away from home. Not to mention she is super sweet in person. second choice would be EVERY FIGURE GIRL ON THIS SITE because each and everyone of you have what it takes to kick butt on stage. Contest prep is not something "anyone" can do... it takes a special kinda person. Some might say we have a few screws lose , but it takes drive , determination ,and time management. Each of you are my heros......:kiss:

buffbabeGA
04-24-2008, 12:16 AM
debbie bramwell
http://a766.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/101/l_b580d36049c7a5afa829c2b8e1a62565.jpg

Maggie Blanchard
http://a507.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/62/l_57b26937eea1709b432dcb9c5646b662.jpg

Dawn Butterfield
http://a971.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/89/l_94849e012c87e2ec832fc8d589643472.jpg

buffbabeGA
04-24-2008, 12:19 AM
Arina Manta
http://a90.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/88/l_0408ef32f655e0a97e756a1cd3242f71.jpg

dvsness
04-24-2008, 01:05 AM
Nice start! Looking forward to more applicants! :awesome:

IslandGirl
04-24-2008, 04:15 AM
Great answers Em.

Who's next? Don't be shy ladies!!! :awesome:

SBT
04-24-2008, 04:20 AM
Best of luck to everyone that enters ;)

Great job Em!!

tammyp
04-24-2008, 11:42 AM
for bbing..gee there are so many, its hard to narrow it down to 2! I would have to say lisa aukland is one. she is gorgeous, smart educated and contributes so much personally to the sport. and a physique that is simply outstanding. betty pariso...being in her mid 50s, always placing in the top of her game, and being the woemns rep for the IFBB. She also promotes an amazing show, the europa.

fitness...id have to go my good friends jen hendershott. she keeps it REAL. she doesnt get caught up in the drama of the industry, always helps even her competition with routines, and motivates tons of women with her camps. stacy simons is another great one. though she always doesnt place well, she is always in top form and juggles teaching with competing with no sponsorship. and a back id kill for!

figure....you cant mentin figure without monica brandt. she is a great roll model, and a pioneer of the industry. she deserves that figure O title. she is as sweet and pie, and so whole some and down to earth. jamie eason for overcoming breat cancer at such a young age. she hasnt let it hold her back at all.

KMS
04-24-2008, 11:51 AM
Hey Sioux....am I allowed to play if I played and won the last one. Didn't know if that was a rule.

NYCStrongFox
04-24-2008, 02:54 PM
Name two women from each of the following sports who you respect, and why?
Bodybuilding: 1. Theresa Hendricks - National Level Female Bodybuilder. I met Theresa at one of Mike's camp weekends about 3 years ago. At that time, she was competing in fitness after taking many years off after having had taken her break from bodybuilding. Theresa and I bonded and we shared stories of our lives. Theresa had many personal challenges in her life and she has found a lot of inner strength and a stronger sense of faith and in God to guide her to a happier more fulfilling life. She is a very determined person who has a good heart, a lot of determination, a "live" spirit and is a hardworking person, to name a few of her great qualities. On top of all that, she is a devoted wife, mother and grandma! She will be making her debut this year at the Masters Nationals in July. Can't wait to see her.
2. Elena Sieple - National Level Female Bodybuiler. I've was fortunate to see Elena win her class back in 2000 at the Nationals when it was held in NYC. Over the years, I followed her via her website journal and was fortunate to meet her many times at local NY and NJ shows and bump into her at an Atlanta show and at the last held Body Rock in VA. Each and every time, she remembered me and greeted me with a kiss and hug. When she judged the NJ shows I did, she was always willing to give me feedback to help me as I go forward in competing. I have seen Elena grow in the sport of female bodybuilding. She always bought in an amazing physique and her personality had always stayed the same no matter what. She is very approachable and willing and eager to talk to her fans, friends, etc. She hasn't given up on getting that pro card, but I also like that she has opened herself up to other things like the strong woman competitions. Her personal life has had many changes over the years and she's kept her composure and handled her business and balance of her life in a way many wish they could. She's making her comeback after all these changes/challenges and her determination and dedication to the sport and her fans is just wonderful. She's a wonderful role model to this sport.

Fitness - 1. Pro Julie Palmer - I've had the pleasure of getting to know Julie for 5 years, since I've started training with Mike Davies. Julie is a very determined person who is very focused, organized, creative and just has this energy that is unstoppable. She keeps herself in top shape year round and works very hard at perfecting her performances and keeping her fans entertained. I have a lot of respect and admiration towards Julie. I'm looking forward to the day her dream of winning the O finally arrives. Can't wait to do her show on May 31st.
2. Pro Jen Hendershott - A very creative ball of energy and excitement. Another hard working competitor who just brings it each and every time. Another one of Mike's clients, who has been able to put her name out there and create her successful Phat Camps. She's been able to help so many change their lives and get started in this sport. Kudos to both of these women :awesome: (If there were a 3rd to be listed, it would be Adela Garcia :D)

Figure - 1. Pro Latisha Wilder - She is just incredibly sweet, friendly and has a remarkable physique. I love her presentation and her beautifully athletic physique. Latisha is also one of Mike's girls (see a pattern here lol) and every time I see her, she greets me. Her smile is so welcoming and she also keeps herself in shape year round. I'm looking so forward to the day she gets a win in the Pro Figure circuit.
2. Pro Monica Brant - I was so happy for her when she finally won the O fitness and even happier when she made her debut back in figure. What another amazing, motivating person. I can't tell you how many magazines I bought over the years cause Mo was on the cover or had a spread or article in it. She's just one great role model and I also had the pleasure to meet her at a national show way back and when I did the last Body Rock. She's definitely been on motivational role model to me when I started getting into living a healthier lifestyle. She is an icon in this industry!

Thanks,
Melody

Trish
04-24-2008, 03:30 PM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c155/coconutsandapples/NEW/mb-banner.png (http://www.michellesmagicmorsels.com/)

We'll be starting up a new contest soon. :)

Michelle has agreed to give the winner either 2 dozen cookies (http://michellesmagicmorsels.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1) or a gift basket (http://michellesmagicmorsels.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=10)! :eat:

Michelle has been selling her famous protein cookies via her website (http://www.michellesmajesticmuscle.com/) for years. She brings them to contests as well. They are yummy! :D

She's recently opened a website specifically for selling her cookies...

http://www.michellesmagicmorsels.com/

OMG, I have had her cookies and have ordered them a few times. They are good....

Physedfit
04-24-2008, 04:41 PM
Figure:
Jenn Gates and Jessica Wright. These two women are amazingly smart, beautiful and the hardest workign girls I know. They manage to juggle family, work, and their sport and be successful in all. They are truly an inspiration to me as they are humble, dedicated, and driven in their training.
And of course they have fantastically amazing physiques!

Fitness:
Julie Lohre and Jenn Hendershott. I love these girls so much because of the hard work they have put into the sport. I love that they are such an inspiration to others and have put together workshops and camps to help women achieve their fitness goals. That is something that I would love to in my lifetime and I hope to be able to do that. Jenn is such a pioneer for women's fitness and her routines exemplify that. And i am partial to blondes!!!!!

BB:
Kristy Hawkins and Britt Miller. Kristy is such a humble woman and I have always loved her physique. She handles herself with grace and beauty and she is a huge inspiration to me. The first time I saw a picture of Britt Miller, was teh defining moment for me. That was when I decided that bodybuilding was where I should be. She is gorgeous and smart and at such a young age she has accomplished so much, not just in this sport but in life. Both women are examples of great female bodybuilders.

MsGuns
04-24-2008, 05:12 PM
Tammy, Looking GOOD in the FLEX mag!!!

for bbing..gee there are so many, its hard to narrow it down to 2! I would have to say lisa aukland is one. she is gorgeous, smart educated and contributes so much personally to the sport. and a physique that is simply outstanding. betty pariso...being in her mid 50s, always placing in the top of her game, and being the woemns rep for the IFBB. She also promotes an amazing show, the europa.

fitness...id have to go my good friends jen hendershott. she keeps it REAL. she doesnt get caught up in the drama of the industry, always helps even her competition with routines, and motivates tons of women with her camps. stacy simons is another great one. though she always doesnt place well, she is always in top form and juggles teaching with competing with no sponsorship. and a back id kill for!

figure....you cant mentin figure without monica brandt. she is a great roll model, and a pioneer of the industry. she deserves that figure O title. she is as sweet and pie, and so whole some and down to earth. jamie eason for overcoming breat cancer at such a young age. she hasnt let it hold her back at all.

Siouxcountry
04-24-2008, 05:27 PM
Hey Sioux....am I allowed to play if I played and won the last one. Didn't know if that was a rule.

Sure you can. :)

Siouxcountry
04-24-2008, 05:28 PM
Best of luck, Emily, Tammy, Melody, & Kira! :)

NYCStrongFox
04-25-2008, 01:39 PM

Thanks! I visited her website and those cookies look good. Good idea of the gift basket! I see myself ordering some cookies when my season is done!

Physedfit
04-25-2008, 02:35 PM

Thanks Sioux! The way to my heart is definitely through my stomach!

Siouxcountry
04-28-2008, 07:12 AM
Anyone else going to enter? :)

IslandGirl
04-28-2008, 01:42 PM
Wow, good answers so far! This is gonna be tough, once again!

Betsy
04-28-2008, 02:34 PM
CMON ladies--dont be shy!! :p

Great answers so far!! WOOHOo!!

SBT
04-28-2008, 06:42 PM
Great job so far all of you :D

Siouxcountry
04-28-2008, 06:45 PM
Only 2 days and a few hours left.

Lets see some more of you enter. :popcorn:

NYCStrongFox
04-28-2008, 11:31 PM
I wanted to post some pics of the ladies I picked in my preivous post:
Pro Fitness Julie Palmer and Jen Henderhshott
Pro Figure Latisha Wilder
National Level Bodybuilder Theresa Hendricks

tammyp
05-01-2008, 11:48 AM
who won?

NYCStrongFox
05-01-2008, 01:27 PM
Yeah, who gets to be a cookie monster for tha day?!

Siouxcountry
05-01-2008, 04:53 PM
Just got online. VOTES are in. Poster NYStrongFox won!

Congrats, Melody! :)

Please PM Michelle your contact info!

NYCStrongFox
05-01-2008, 04:58 PM
Just got online. VOTES are in. Poster NYStrongFox won!

Congrats, Melody! :)

Please PM Michelle your contact info!

:hula::frog::yourock::cheerleader::yippie::eat::aw esome::kiss:

THANK YOU!! AWESOME. PERFECT FOR MY AFTER COMPETITION CHEAT/TREAT. I will PM Michelle when I get back from my walk!!!
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!:kiss:

Shelly
05-02-2008, 12:29 AM
YAYYYYY congrats mel!!!!!! :hula: :kiss: :woohoo:

SBT
05-02-2008, 12:29 AM
Way to go Mel!!! :D

Hope you enjoy your cookies!!! :eat:

NYCStrongFox
05-02-2008, 12:54 AM
Thanks everyone! I was so excited when I saw the post. Can't wait. Perfect timing for after my shows....yummy!!

ripitupbaby
05-02-2008, 01:24 AM
Congrats, and thanks to all of the girls who entered! I thought everyone did a great job!

:)

Siouxcountry
05-02-2008, 01:42 AM
I was hoping for a tie so I could eat the cookies myself. :D