PDA

View Full Version : Overall Team Universe Winner Michele Pome Disaqualified

JasonLannigan
11-05-2009, 04:13 AM
I kept this news private for a few weeks now, as no official word was posted anywhere until now.

I received official word from the NPC that the original women’s bodybuilding heavyweight class winner and overall winner, Michele Pome has been disqualified from this year’s Team Universe. As a result of this disqualification all competitors move up one placing in the heavyweight class. Unfortunately, there is NO overall winner declared at this contest. This also results in no female bodybuilder being eligible for IFBB Pro status from this contest.

- Isaac Hinds

http://www.hardbody.com/news/2009/11/04/overall-team-universe-winner-michele-pome-disaqualified/

JasonLannigan
11-05-2009, 04:23 AM
I am disappointed Michele never mentioned to me she was disqualified.

I went through the trouble of starting a thread for her after she complained about not getting any respect..... LINK (http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?t=9184)

I even put her on our banner.

I still see no official word why she was disqualified, but I suppose that is obvious.

ibarramedia
11-05-2009, 05:11 AM
I heard rumors for a few weeks now. A competitor who is no longer with this forum started asking questions and tonight, MPJ has been milking this issue over at RX. He claims the source is Isaac Hinds. It may or may not be true but I won't condemn Michele. I will give her the benefit of the doubt and maybe she will explain what happened. It dose not even say what she was caught with. For all I know it could be cough syrup. Anyway the point is to put this behind her and move on to other regular contests.

Let's all be real here and it is not like she is the only one who could possibly be enhanced..... I will not judge her. I hope the thread is still there. Please keep it. The right thing to do would be to avoid the tabloid-esque sensationalism. Right now we are all speculating on what really went down. the only thing we know is she failed the test.

Playswithrocks
11-05-2009, 06:26 AM
X2 to what Ibarr said.

I figured it out by putting two and two together some time ago, but obviously couldn't be 100% sure until something official came out. I too am disappointed she hasn't been back to say anything, but I don't judge her.

2hot4u
11-05-2009, 08:57 AM
When shows are marked "drug tested" that is what they mean and I don't understand why people would think that they can slip though the system??
The talk about this show has always been "well, it is drug tested but not drug free" What does this say for our competitors and the shows they pick to compete in??? and we lost a IFBB Pro that could have went to someone legit!!! sad.
I also heard but not official that the overall winner men's division also failed the test to lose his pro card but until something like this comes out we will never know.

Everyone has to follow the rules of these shows or pay the consequences which in this case is embarrassing for the competitor and their families plus gym families they belong to.

jewelisa
11-05-2009, 12:12 PM
When shows are marked "drug tested" that is what they mean and I don't understand why people would think that they can slip though the system??
The talk about this show has always been "well, it is drug tested but not drug free" What does this say for our competitors and the shows they pick to compete in??? and we lost a IFBB Pro that could have went to someone legit!!! sad.
I also heard but not official that the overall winner men's division also failed the test to lose his pro card but until something like this comes out we will never know.

Everyone has to follow the rules of these shows or pay the consequences which in this case is embarrassing for the competitor and their families plus gym families they belong to.

I also do not condem , judge whatever but Lisa has a valid point here .. someone was denied the overall and pro card ...after all thier hard work and prep. I can imagine a few gals have the right to be pissed off right now

I will admit alot of this is still over my head .. ( cough syrup etc ) but the 2 lil shows I did were drug tested pretty much says it all .

I do feel for her .. everyone makes mistakes if she is reading this ... sucks but lesson learned ( ok mom coming out now ) bye

LIFTstudios
11-05-2009, 01:02 PM
I heard rumors for a few weeks now. A competitor who is no longer with this forum started asking questions and tonight, MPJ has been milking this issue over at RX. He claims the source is Isaac Hinds. It may or may not be true but I won't condemn Michele. I will give her the benefit of the doubt and maybe she will explain what happened. It dose not even say what she was caught with. For all I know it could be cough syrup. Anyway the point is to put this behind her and move on to other regular contests.

MPJ still comes here and reads things. The only place he's given a platform to spout off at is RX. He's in the dark and knows nothing about the topic other than what he's read online. One thing you can count on is him being clueless. Enough on him.

I received the updated score sheet for the NPC and it stated what I wrote. It's true or I would have stated it as a rumor. What she was caught with, I don't know. I do find it interesting about the thread Sioux pointed out and how there was a cry for no love.

JasonLannigan
11-05-2009, 01:06 PM
It may or may not be true but I won't condemn Michele.

Did you not read the quote I posted?.........

I received official word from the NPC that the original women’s bodybuilding heavyweight class winner and overall winner, Michele Pome has been disqualified from this year’s Team Universe.

For all I know it could be cough syrup.

Cough syrup?

JasonLannigan
11-05-2009, 01:35 PM
MPJ still comes here and reads things.

True, in the past he use to email me when a thread here got heated.

And no they were not friendly emails.

The only place he's given a platform to spout off at is RX.

RX is now the greatest site on Earth to him.

Redhawk30
11-05-2009, 01:45 PM
Kayde's paperwork from the lab that ran the tests says they were testing for steroids and dieuretics (duh). From what I've been told, it is too expensive to test for specific steroids and they won't do this unless it's at a high level (as in the WADA, the organization that tests the Olympics and also tests the IFBB World Championships). What they would have tested for at Team Universe was an elevated level of testosterone. I don't know this for sure. This is what we were told by a doctor friend who used to be involved in the industry while discussing the previous rumor that is now proven true with him.

Michele was a very nice woman and was so happy at the Overall winners' shoot that Sunday morning. She was excited about Kayde's routine and talking to Kayde about her son, who is interested in martial arts. I imagine this is pretty tough for her and her family, and our hearts go out to her. Still, Kayde and Pam Wentz became close friends while they were in Italy, and this must be disappointing for Pam, Maria, and the new HW winner. It's just a sad situation all around.

KP DIVA
11-05-2009, 01:55 PM
Kayde's paperwork from the lab that ran the tests says they were testing for steroids and dieuretics (duh). From what I've been told, it is too expensive to test for specific steroids and they won't do this unless it's at a high level (as in the WADA, the organization that tests the Olympics and also tests the IFBB World Championships). What they would have tested for at Team Universe was an elevated level of testosterone. I don't know this for sure. This is what we were told by a doctor friend who used to be involved in the industry while discussing the previous rumor that is now proven true with him.

Michele was a very nice woman and was so happy at the Overall winners' shoot that Sunday morning. She was excited about Kayde's routine and talking to Kayde about her son, who is interested in martial arts. I imagine this is pretty tough for her and her family, and our hearts go out to her. Still, Kayde and Pam Wentz became close friends while they were in Italy, and this must be disappointing for Pam, Maria, and the new HW winner. It's just a sad situation all around.

I agree, sad situation!!! Honestly, IMO she doesn't owe us an explanation....it would be nice, but of course we can't really expect it. But I'm sure the new winner is feeling some kind of way now b/c the opportunity to get her pro card is now gone. I can only imagine how Michelle must feel....she now has the daunting task of explaining to her son why she isn't a pro. Is she still eligible to compete as an amateur??

JasonLannigan
11-05-2009, 02:04 PM
I'm not sure of Pam's and Maria's plans, but heavyweight winner Theresa Hendricks is competing at the upcoming Nationals.

Playswithrocks
11-05-2009, 02:33 PM
I do agree that being a tested show, competitors ought to at least make sure they are able to pass the test. Maybe she thought she was OK. Is she the only one at the show this year who had used? I highly doubt it. Were there competitors who had never used? I'm sure of it.

I'm sure it is a tough time for her, and her family. If it were me, I'd feel very embarrassed, and even more terrible for the other competitors. I'm also not thrilled that this type of situation can easily lead to the "All FBBers are on roids" type of stories and assumptions, which is of course not true. It's her decision if she wants to use, and I don't have a problem with it. It's not for everyone. But, we don't really know for sure what triggered her positive results, just that it was.

I really feel like the NPC should have in place some type of policy to handle a situation like this in regards to the awarding of the pro-card however. There are some class winners out there with amazing physiques who put a lot of work into prep, and passed their tests. I don't think it's fair at all to just not award a pro card for FBB. Those pro cards are hard enough to come by as it is! Why not award the class winners if the overall is disqualified. Obviously, they can't put those women back on the stage after the fact and declare a new overall, but there should be something in place to recognize their accomplishments.

jewelisa
11-05-2009, 02:47 PM
IMHO if say there was 3 gals in the overall .. wouldn't the 2nd highest be then the overall winner ??

still they miss out on the whole stage excitment and all !

scottnva
11-05-2009, 03:20 PM
Cough syrup?

to ibarrs defense you would be surprised what could turn some of these drug test negative, Olympians have gotten in hot water over ibuprofren.

Noel Fuller
11-05-2009, 04:36 PM
I have news for you guys, the Europeans are on drugs, I wish the contest was truly drug free but you know there not, dont condem anyone trying to even up the playing field,most people dont know how to beat the tests but I wouldnt be upset if they tried.

Noel Fuller
11-05-2009, 04:38 PM
Its kind of a joke, your drug free and get a pro card, then what? What are you going to do? Your certainly not going to try and compete as a pro drug free.

ps. this is for bodybuilding not figure

Michelle Brent
11-05-2009, 04:45 PM
cases in point, Kia Greene, Lisa Aukland!

Noel Fuller
11-05-2009, 04:48 PM
I just saw the girls pics..holy crap she is good

ibarramedia
11-05-2009, 04:58 PM
I agree, sad situation!!! Honestly, IMO she doesn't owe us an explanation....it would be nice, but of course we can't really expect it. But I'm sure the new winner is feeling some kind of way now b/c the opportunity to get her pro card is now gone. I can only imagine how Michelle must feel....she now has the daunting task of explaining to her son why she isn't a pro. Is she still eligible to compete as an amateur??

Agreed. My whole point in stating what I said is that I don't want to see this as chance for people to start piling on her. Again, I won't judge and condemn her. We are disappointed that she or a replacement could not go. I just don't want to see her bashed in here. Last I heard ALL Female competitors are protected from negativity and judgement here. Maybe it would have been better to keep this quiet. That way MusclePapaJohn would probably not start his thread at RX.

We cannot be hypocrites and start praising her then later turn on her. She made a mistake and we move on. Other Professioanl athletes in the ball and stick sports have done far worse and have gotten a pass.

2hot4u
11-05-2009, 05:01 PM
why do they test at all??? especially if they say on the entry form and then fail but you still get a pro card doesn 't make sense to me. Just leave it like all the other national shows and be done with it. There is other associations that the "all natural" athlete can compete on the same playing field.

ibarramedia
11-05-2009, 05:01 PM
Did you not read the quote I posted?.........

I received official word from the NPC that the original women’s bodybuilding heavyweight class winner and overall winner, Michele Pome has been disqualified from this year’s Team Universe.

Cough syrup?

I said that so there would be no room for error. Even in so called official reports or words, there have been mistakes and conflicting reports. And I'm not just talking about the fitness industry but the world in general. so I covered all my bases.

Noel Fuller
11-05-2009, 05:02 PM
No one should bag on her, she will make a great pro bodybuilder. End of story.

ibarramedia
11-05-2009, 05:06 PM

Agreed. x10

lil mama
11-05-2009, 05:34 PM
:argue: Dang Noel u lied too me!!! Ya told ME I COULD :hmph: hmph if I'll evaaaaa send ya hugs and smile again...wait let me give ya one more B4 I write you off my happy list of friends:kiss: just kidding, what would we do with out ya giving us a reality shake.

Its kind of a joke, your drug free and get a pro card, then what? What are you going to do? Your certainly not going to try and compete as a pro drug free.

ps. this is for bodybuilding not figure

Noel Fuller
11-05-2009, 05:43 PM
:argue: Dang Noel u lied too me!!! Ya told ME I COULD :hmph: hmph if I'll evaaaaa send ya hugs and smile again...wait let me give ya one more B4 I write you off my happy list of friends:kiss: just kidding, what would we do with out ya giving us a reality shake.

I meant that for normal sized people, you can still win a show

JasonLannigan
11-05-2009, 05:53 PM
I have news for you guys, the Europeans are on drugs, I wish the contest was truly drug free but you know there not, dont condem anyone trying to even up the playing field,most people dont know how to beat the tests but I wouldnt be upset if they tried.

Not all who compete at Team U are enhanced.

I think it is important for the federation and the sport to have at least one pro qualifier that is drug free.

She would have done great at the Nationals IMO, she should have waited.

lil mama
11-05-2009, 06:05 PM
Soooo Noel, what exactly are ya saying???? That I'm short !!! I'll have ya know that I am 4 feet 11 inch and 3/4 tall all mooooost 5 feet tall, ah heck who am I kidding i'm short never mind. later gotta go meet up with the lollipop gang in munchkin land.
http://www.smileyshut.com/smileys/new/3D Smiles (86).jpg (http://www.smileyshut.com/Smileys/Smiley-Huts-Free-3D-Smileys.html)

I meant that for normal sized people, you can still win a show

ibarramedia
11-05-2009, 06:08 PM
Soooo Noel, what exactly are ya saying???? That I'm short !!! I'll have ya know that I am 4 feet 11 inch and 3/4 tall all mooooost 5 feet tall, ah heck who am I kidding i'm short never mind. later gotta go meet up with the lollipop gang in munchkin land.
http://www.smileyshut.com/smileys/new/3D Smiles (86).jpg (http://www.smileyshut.com/Smileys/Smiley-Huts-Free-3D-Smileys.html)

Maybe I should call you little sister. Haha ;) Though you are older than me..:D :respect:

Noel Fuller
11-05-2009, 06:12 PM

I think it is important for the federation and the sport to have at least one pro qualifier that is drug free.

Dont they have a natural pro federation, I know not everyone who competes is enhanced, I would call them 6th - 14th place

jewelisa
11-05-2009, 06:19 PM

x2

Noel Fuller
11-05-2009, 06:22 PM
Bikini and Figure I agree, but female bodybuilding pro qualifier? I can only suspend reality so far.

JasonLannigan
11-05-2009, 06:24 PM
Dont they have a natural pro federation, I know not everyone who competes is enhanced, I would call them 6th - 14th place

Were chatting about the NPC, not other federations.

Many women who train, who choose to remain natural, dream about one day turning IFBB Pro. The only realistic chance they have is Team U.

Katarzyna_Wos
11-05-2009, 06:28 PM
Kayde's paperwork from the lab that ran the tests says they were testing for steroids and dieuretics (duh). From what I've been told, it is too expensive to test for specific steroids and they won't do this unless it's at a high level (as in the WADA, the organization that tests the Olympics and also tests the IFBB World Championships). What they would have tested for at Team Universe was an elevated level of testosterone.

yes they didnt test for specific steroids but that was in 2005...
now they test for most things on the WADA list

Noel Fuller
11-05-2009, 06:56 PM
Were chatting about the NPC, not other federations.

Many women who train, who choose to remain natural, dream about one day turning IFBB Pro. The only realistic chance they have is Team U.

Then they should stick with the natural organizations. It makes no sense to try to become a natural IFBB pro unless your very short.

LeslieRae
11-05-2009, 06:58 PM
this is just a sad story all the way around...i do wonder where she will be eldigable to compete. she isn't the first or last competitor who will be dq'd. just sad :(

DanielleA
11-05-2009, 07:13 PM
I think Noel makes some good points here.

As as for MPJ - I'm sure he'll be reading this bc he loooooves secretly trolling through our site - :STFU: That's for you!

dvsness
11-05-2009, 07:31 PM
Bikini and Figure I agree, but female bodybuilding pro qualifier? I can only suspend reality so far.

Valid assessment. Perhaps the tested shows are better left to the tested orgs?

As as for MPJ - I'm sure he'll be reading this bc he loooooves secretly trolling through our site - :STFU: That's for you!

:rofl:

JasonLannigan
11-05-2009, 07:34 PM
Then they should stick with the natural organizations. It makes no sense to try to become a natural IFBB pro unless your very short.

Women ask me "Do I need to take this or that to compete in the NPC?", I point out to them that many women are drug free and compete in NPC Bodybuilding and they have one drug tested pro qualifier (Team U).

I would like the NPC to be home to both enhanced and drug free competitors.

I don't see the harm in one pro qualifier being drug tested. If you are enhanced, compete in one or more of the other pro qualifiers.

ibarramedia
11-05-2009, 07:36 PM

He is probably reading this thread as I'm typing this. He just replied to what i said here in the thread at RX. I made a statement there to tell where I stood.

LIFTstudios
11-05-2009, 07:36 PM

LOL! "Unless your short". Can't say that I've ever heard that one before. Any other discriminatory factors that should be considered for "natural" wannabe pros? lol

In my opinion, The whole idea behind Team Universe is for the United States to send a team to the IFBB World Championships. It's an honor many people would love to have and few receive it. A chance to travel overseas and compete against others from around the world. In order to compete in that contest a bodybuilder must pass the urine analysis. I'd say it has more to do with competing there then less about being a "natural IFBB pro".

dvsness
11-05-2009, 07:37 PM
If you are enhanced, compete in one or more of the other pro qualifiers.

This seems to be the bottom line.

Noel Fuller
11-05-2009, 07:38 PM
Valid assessment. Perhaps the tested shows are better left to the tested orgs?

:rofl: Your pregnant? Awesome congrats!!!!!

dvsness
11-05-2009, 07:40 PM
Your pregnant? Awesome congrats!!!!!

Very. :D Thanks. Yours is precious!

Noel Fuller
11-05-2009, 07:47 PM
Women ask me "Do I need to take this or that to compete in the NPC?", I point out to them that many women are drug free and compete in NPC Bodybuilding and they have one drug tested pro qualifier (Team U).

I would like the NPC to be home to both enhanced and drug free competitors.

I don't see the harm in one pro qualifier being drug tested. If you are enhanced, compete in one or more of the other pro qualifiers.

Many women are drug free at the local level, at the national level nope. I think it makes them think they can be succesful without takingt hormones which isnt true, I would set them straight from the begining. There are a number of natural federations that are drug free. I'm only talking bodybuilding here, not figure or bikini.

Noel Fuller
11-05-2009, 07:48 PM
Very. :D Thanks. Yours is precious!

Just wait its like the best Christmas present everyday.

JasonLannigan
11-05-2009, 08:05 PM
I dislike John's lies about me.

John writes........

I can and will work with just about anyone. It doesn't make a hoot to me about the personalities involved, but rather the issue. Jason cares alot about some of the women, but it is a bit hypocritical to throw Michele under the bus as he has done for 1: Michele not keeping him informed about matters that were not public before becoming "official", 2: Not following his training and show recommendations (Jason's expert opinion is she would have done well naturally at Nationals, lmao. Nats ain't tested), and last but not least 3: He has always been willing to throw any woman on his forum (including moderators) under the bus if he feels it will score him points with the federations and thus benefits him financially. ................

I can and will work with just about anyone.John indeed will work with anyone.

It doesn't make a hoot to me about the personalities involved, but rather the issue.What matters to John is getting attention.

Jason cares alot about some of the women, but it is a bit hypocritical to throw Michele under the bus as he has done for 1:I knew about Michele disqualification weeks ago. Did you see any post from me about Michele, NO. I only post it now as it was made public.

Michele not keeping him informed about matters that were not public before becoming "official",Any private messages or emails from Michele to me would have remained private.

2: Not following his training and show recommendations (Jason's expert opinion is she would have done well naturally at Nationals, lmao. Nats ain't tested),Training? Natural?

I never wrote she would do well naturally at the Nationals. :confused:

and last but not least 3: He has always been willing to throw any woman on his forum (including moderators) under the bus if he feels it will score him points with the federations and thus benefits him financially. What women have I thrown under the bus to score points with the federation? And what mods? WTF

What you wrote is a lie John. Congrats on lowering yourself to that level.

DanielleA
11-05-2009, 08:12 PM
Nothing new...he always lies to make himself look good. He is the king of ass-kissing!
He sure has a knack though for taking people's words and twisting them for his own benefit. He should be a politician.

ibarramedia
11-05-2009, 08:20 PM
I dislike John's lies about me.

John writes........

John indeed will work with anyone.

What matters to John is getting attention.

I knew about Michele disqualification weeks ago. Did you see any post from me about Michele, NO. I only post it now as it was made public.

Any private messages or emails from Michele to me would have remained private.

Training? Natural?

I never wrote she would do well naturally at the Nationals. :confused:

What women have I thrown under the bus to score points with the federation? And what mods? WTF

What you wrote is a lie John. Congrats on lowering yourself to that level.

So now you see what I,Tre,Joe ,Isaac and many others have seen about him. It is what it is......... Maybe we can lock this thread now. What happened to Michele is now posted, comments said. No more need to keep this issue going.

jewelisa
11-05-2009, 08:44 PM
I do not think anyone threw michelle under the bus? most felt bad for her ..

and the other gal who is winner by default .. and the pro card etc

other then that most if not all of this tread was about testing in general etc etc and hense a learning lesson for all ...

JMHO

Noel Fuller
11-05-2009, 11:04 PM
Ok who is this problem guy? I wouldnt mind having some words.

JasonLannigan
11-05-2009, 11:16 PM

He was banned here months ago for being an asshole.

He use to run the radio show here.

His website: www.musclepapa.com, his online community: www.bodybuildingfitnessfigure.com

ibarramedia
11-05-2009, 11:56 PM

Here you go Noel:

http://forums.rxmuscle.com/showthread.php?t=22743

tkokayde
11-06-2009, 12:30 AM
Oh dear. Everyone grab your helmets and take cover. I feel a war coming on. :headache:

I thought we solved this before. RX is RX, SC is SC. No need to start crossing the streams.

Dr. Egon Spengler: There's something very important I forgot to tell you.
Dr. Peter Venkman: What?
Dr. Egon Spengler: Don't cross the streams.
Dr. Peter Venkman: Why?
Dr. Egon Spengler: It would be bad.

titonej
11-06-2009, 12:36 AM
Oh dear. Everyone grab your helmets and take cover. I feel a war coming on. :headache:

I thought we solved this before. RX is RX, SC is SC. No need to start crossing the streams.

Love that Kayde, to funny!!!:rofl:

Shelly
11-06-2009, 12:39 AM

lol. so true.

ibarramedia
11-06-2009, 01:13 AM

Calm down Kayde. There will be no war going on here. Noel asked a question and I provided an answer with a source where he can have words with MPJ via the link. MPJ is banned so he cannot post here. Sioux may not post at RX though he can. If there is any tit for tat, they can do it over there. Noel, Myself, and a lot of SC members are also members there. I have said my piece and won't be chiming in anytime soon.

The only reason the link was posted was because of relevancy to the issue.
Let's not panic and make this any bigger than it really is. you have a good night now. Peace be with you. That is all.

tasha5951
11-06-2009, 01:14 AM

:rofl: That's like on my top 10 list of favorite movies!!!:)

tkokayde
11-06-2009, 01:39 AM
Calm down Kayde. There will be no war going on here. Noel asked a question and I provided an answer with a source where he can have words with MPJ via the link. MPJ is banned so he cannot post here. Sioux may not post at RX though he can. If there is any tit for tat, they can do it over there. Noel, Myself, and a lot of SC members are also members there. I have said my piece and won't be chiming in anytime soon.

The only reason the link was posted was because of relevancy to the issue.
Let's not panic and make this any bigger than it really is. you have a good night now. Peace be with you. That is all.

It was a joke. Just trying to keep it light and fluffy.

tkokayde
11-06-2009, 01:50 AM
:rofl: That's like on my top 10 list of favorite movies!!!:)

Love those movies! Not top 10, but definitely a big fan!

jasons805
11-06-2009, 06:01 AM
Ibarr getting heated:spit:. I think the sparkler is about out on this one anyway.

Michelle Brent
11-06-2009, 03:42 PM
Bottom line she knew there was testing,(she asked another top competitor who was tested at this show if there truly was testing) took the chance got busted. Don't ever do the TU again!

JasonLannigan
11-06-2009, 04:02 PM
Bottom line she knew there was testing,(she asked another top competitor who was tested at this show if there truly was testing) took the chance got busted. Don't ever do the TU again!

Thanks for coming forward with that info.

It should be clear now to all that drug testing is taken serious at Team U.

This is sad all around, IMO Theresa Hendricks would have turned pro, and Michele would have done well at the Nationals this month.

ibarramedia
11-06-2009, 04:12 PM
Ibarr getting heated:spit:. I think the sparkler is about out on this one anyway.

No Jason. I was not heated at all not even close to it. you're mistaken this time buddy. I was just firm in my convictions. I can't get mad at Kayde. I like and respect her.

When someone is disqualified, the problem of awarding a pro card to "someone else" is that the 2nd place finisher in the HW Class (behind Poma), THERESA HENDRICKS, never got to pose down against Maria Davis (LW winner) and Pam Wentz (MW winner); therefore, there's no way to tell who should truly get the pro card. In cases like this, your better off just NOT giving out the pro card rather than arbitrarily giving it out to "someone" else. When you start handing out pro card, indiscriminately, favorites get played and people start to question the decisions. I would have liked to see THERESA given the chance to go compete in ITALY at the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS, however. I think there might have been a communication error there which ended that possibility.

Here is what Dave said regarding replacements. It seems to make sense and he also said he would have liked Theresa to go but.....

Michelle Brent
11-06-2009, 05:08 PM
At least give it out to one of the other class winners, isn't there scoring in the overall?? Thats what determines the winner right???
I like to see how the poster is going to look with the woman and the mens overall were dqed

tkokayde
11-06-2009, 05:46 PM
No Jason. I was not heated at all not even close to it. you're mistaken this time buddy. I was just firm in my convictions. I can't get mad at Kayde. I like and respect her.

Nothing but love right back to you. Respect is what I strive for in this industry.

At least give it out to one of the other class winners, isn't there scoring in the overall?? Thats what determines the winner right???
I like to see how the poster is going to look with the woman and the mens overall were dqed

I'm not positive on this, but I had been under the impression it was more of a "who do you like?" thing with the Overall. I didn't think anything got written down, it was more a verbal decision. I do not know this for sure, please do not take this as verbatim. Maybe one of our members that is a judge could chime in?

Also, I am pretty sure Wendell did not get dq'ed. He represented Team USA in Qatar at the Worlds.

KP DIVA
11-06-2009, 05:55 PM
Nothing but love right back to you. Respect is what I strive for in this industry.

I'm not positive on this, but I had been under the impression it was more of a "who do you like?" thing with the Overall. I didn't think anything got written down, it was more a verbal decision. I do not know this for sure, please do not take this as verbatim. Maybe one of our members that is a judge could chime in?

Also, I am pretty sure Wendell did not get dq'ed. He represented Team USA in Qatar at the Worlds.

Hmmm, wonder where all these rumors come from? When was the Qatar show...never heard of it?

JasonLannigan
11-06-2009, 05:59 PM
Hmmm, wonder where all these rumors come from? When was the Qatar show...never heard of it?

It started Tuesday........

http://ifbb.com/page_report.php?id=69

tkokayde
11-06-2009, 06:13 PM

The video below might help explain where the info. came from. The explanation starts right around the 3:10 mark. If you want the entire explanation, it starts around the 2:00 mark. Or you could just watch the entire video. It's hysterical.

LPBwtHSGI2Y

LIFTstudios
11-06-2009, 06:13 PM
I'm not positive on this, but I had been under the impression it was more of a "who do you like?" thing with the Overall. I didn't think anything got written down, it was more a verbal decision. I do not know this for sure, please do not take this as verbatim.

There is a score for the overall. The class winner's numbers are on a score card and all the judges score it. Example - Ann Pratt was awarded a pro card in the Master's Figure after Angela Mraz was the top vote getter however she had already achieved pro status so it went to the second highest in the overall scoring. In this case, that was Ann.

To my knowledge the results of the overall are not recorded. IE - if there are six class winners in figure, you don't know if you were third or sixth because only the overall winner is announced.

There is no fair way to award a pro card in this scenario as who knows how Theresa would have faired. She might have been first or she might not of. There is no way to know unless they were compared.

At the end of the day, the blame falls on the competitor who willingly enters a contest knowing what the requirements are. It is the competitor's responsibility to compete under those guidelines.

KP DIVA
11-06-2009, 06:19 PM
The video below might help explain where the info. came from. The explanation starts right around the 3:10 mark. If you want the entire explanation, it starts around the 2:00 mark. Or you could just watch the entire video. It's hysterical.

LPBwtHSGI2Y

LOL!!! Too funny!!!!!!

tkokayde
11-06-2009, 06:32 PM
There is a score for the overall. The class winner's numbers are on a score card and all the judges score it. Example - Ann Pratt was awarded a pro card in the Master's Figure after Angela Mraz was the top vote getter however she had already achieved pro status so it went to the second highest in the overall scoring. In this case, that was Ann.

To my knowledge the results of the overall are not recorded. IE - if there are six class winners in figure, you don't know if you were third or sixth because only the overall winner is announced.

There is no fair way to award a pro card in this scenario as who knows how Theresa would have faired. She might have been first or she might not of. There is no way to know unless they were compared.

Thanks for clarifying. I had always wondered for sure. I think that clears up a lot of people's confusion on why it can't just fall to the next in line.

titonej
11-06-2009, 07:09 PM

Wendell did rep Team USA

Michelle Brent
11-06-2009, 09:33 PM
The lightweight would of been the clear winner as far as I saw it(I was there) she should of got the over-all anyway. She had more of a "TU look", ripped but not highly muscular. Theresa was a little off in the lower body if she would of been the class winner.

Shelly
11-07-2009, 01:10 AM

at the end of the day THIS IS THE BOTTOM LINE

ISABELLE TURELL
11-07-2009, 02:03 AM
Thanks for coming forward with that info.

It should be clear now to all that drug testing is taken serious at Team U.

This is sad all around, IMO Theresa Hendricks would have turned pro, and Michele would have done well at the Nationals this month.

Drug testing is serious at the Team Universe. I can't believe that some people don't think it is. Of course at the other National shows they MAY randomly test you but we rarely see that. I think its great they drug test at the Team Universe. Then again there are some that still do the show and beat the system with little tricks. I am sorry to hear about Michelle. SHe looked awesome. In my opinion I think she would have got her card at Nationals and to me thats a high honor as it is a bigger show and the competition is tougher.I would have chose Nationals as I love competition.

It drives me nuts when someone tells me they are natural and compete in a natural show when I know they are enhanced...who are they kidding. I called one girl out last year at one of our local shows as she was bragging about how she was natural.....NOT. I jammed her up in a big lie. I admire and respect athletes who TRULLY compete naturally as they work 100x harder then most athletes in the sport.

Iron Sirens
11-09-2009, 10:08 PM
I'm going to add some fuel to this fire because I'm really pissed off. Want to know why? Because the Team Universe cover photo I did with ALL the overall winners together in one photo CAN NOT be used now because Michele Pome is right smack in the middle of it. And no, she can't be Photoshopped out because it would leave a gaping hole in the photo. So she also ruins the opportunity for all the other Team Universe/National Fitness overall winners to get their opportunity to be on the NPC News cover. Plus she wasted my time as well. It makes me sick that she & her husband were accepting everybody's congratulations at the photo shoot & taking everybody's praise about how good she looked when she knew full well she cheated.

If I see either of them this weekend at the NPC Eastern USA Championships, trust me, I'll have no problem approaching either of them in person to let them know about this.

I think more than anything Michele owe's all the other overall winners an apology for taking away their NPC News cover opportunity & me as well for wasting my time & ruining the cover photo.

KP DIVA
11-09-2009, 10:23 PM
I'm going to add some fuel to this fire because I'm really pissed off. Want to know why? Because the Team Universe cover photo I did with ALL the overall winners together in one photo CAN NOT be used now because Michele Pome is right smack in the middle of it. And no, she can't be Photoshopped out because it would leave a gaping hole in the photo. So she also ruins the opportunity for all the other Team Universe/National Fitness overall winners to get their opportunity to be on the NPC News cover. Plus she wasted my time as well. It makes me sick that she & her husband were accepting everybody's congratulations at the photo shoot & taking everybody's praise about how good she looked when she knew full well she cheated.

If I see either of them this weekend at the NPC Eastern USA Championships, trust me, I'll have no problem approaching either of them in person to let them know about this.

I think more than anything Michele owe's all the other overall winners an apology for taking away their NPC News cover opportunity & me as well for wasting my time & ruining the cover photo.

I understand why the picture can't go on the cover....but, Honestly, I'd rather see you put the picture on the cover anyways.....The other winners deserve it and they worked thier asses off!!. Michelle has already taken one pro card away from a deserving bb, I don't think it's fair to take the cover away from Kayde, Monica, and the male BB! That just sucks.....I want to say the F* word!!!

jewelisa
11-09-2009, 10:26 PM
I understand why the picture can't go on the cover....but, Honestly, I'd rather see you put the picture on the cover anyways.....The other winners deserve it and they worked thier asses off!!. Michelle has already taken one pro card away from a deserving bb, I don't think it's fair to take the cover away from Kayde, Monica, and the male BB! That just sucks.....I want to say the F* word!!!

ditto ............. those other folks worked so hard ...

lil mama
11-09-2009, 10:33 PM
:shrug:Don't know what too say, just that it sucks big time all around.

Iron Sirens
11-09-2009, 10:55 PM
The photo is not clean in the fact that people's body parts are in front or behind others which is why I said it can't be Photoshopped & where Michele is positioned she is towards the center of the photos which would leave a big gap & throws the photo symmetry completely off. And the photo would never come out with her still in the photo.

And yes, the other winners do deserve it, which is why Michele should be apologizing to all of them!

JasonLannigan
11-10-2009, 04:55 PM
What should the NPC do concerning Michele?

Nothing?

Suspend her for a number of years?

Take away her NPC membership?

Liza Reichenberger failed a WNBF drug test and is now suspended for 7 years............

http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?t=9816

KP DIVA
11-10-2009, 05:15 PM
What should the NPC do concerning Michele?

Nothing?

Suspend her for a number of years?

Take away her NPC membership?

Liza Reichenberger failed a WNBF drug test and is now suspended for 7 years............

http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?t=9816

I honestly think Michelle has enough humiliation to last her for the next 10 years. And losing her pro card IMO is more than enough punishment. I don't think she should be suspended for several years being that we all know there's rampant drug use going on by many competitors.

From a legal stand point is there anything in writing about the length of suspensions etc for testing positive...that's another thing, we still don't know if it was steroids or a diuretic.

What I hate most is her decision to compete has effected so many other competitors!!!

Noel Fuller
11-10-2009, 05:26 PM
What the hell was that.....your pissed because her photo cant be used? Are you serious?

JasonLannigan
11-10-2009, 05:39 PM
What the hell was that.....your pissed because her photo cant be used? Are you serious?

I wouldn't be happy either if I was JM.

At each show JM takes photos of the overall winners for the cover of NPC News.

Now that Michele has been disqualified the group photos can not be used.

Here is an example.

2009 NPC USA overall winners...........

LIFTstudios
11-10-2009, 06:29 PM

You would too if you were a photographer and spent your morning shooting something that couldn't be used.

Keep in mind it costs to rent a room, bring in lights, time to set up, shoot and tear down.

Hell ya I'd be pissed.

ibarramedia
11-10-2009, 06:35 PM
You would too if you were a photographer and spent your morning shooting something that couldn't be used.

Keep in mind it costs to rent a room, bring in lights, time to set up, shoot and tear down.

Hell ya I'd be pissed.

I know you guys are pissed and decided or would decide not to run the cover. Do you think other photographers would just run it anyway? do you think in the 80's and 90's they would just run the cover anyway rather than shoot an alternative cover for the magazine? And maybe the disqualification would be mentioned in the report inside..... Just wondering.

JasonLannigan
11-10-2009, 06:43 PM
I know you guys are pissed and decided or would decide not to run the cover. Do you think other photographers would just run it anyway? do you think in the 80's and 90's they would just run the cover anyway rather than shoot an alternative cover for the magazine? And maybe the disqualification would be mentioned in the report inside..... Just wondering.

Ibarr, the publication is called the NPC News, its not MuscleMag, Ironman, MD, or whatever.

Do you not understand Michele is disqualified?

You can not put her on the cover of the federation's magazine.

Noel Fuller
11-10-2009, 07:06 PM
seems to me it happened at an NPC show and it does in fact seem to be news

LIFTstudios
11-10-2009, 08:35 PM
Noel, nothing gets past you huh? No kidding it happened at a NPC show and of course it's news, hence why it's being discussed and this thread is five pages long.

Iron Sirens
11-10-2009, 09:44 PM

Are you serious Noel? I guess not by your last post.

Photographing Michele was a waste of time, not only for me, but the others involved in the photo shoot with her.

Let me explain this further. In N.Y.C. it's very difficult to take 18 athlete's in varying groups out into the streets & parks in their swimsuits to try to photograph group photos without getting noticed - even in The Big Apple. Plus the entire area down there around The Embassy Suites Hotel & the contest venue all require getting approved permits from both the City Of New York in addition to the Park Services of New York City. You are basically doubling your costs. Therefore I rented a large conference room at The Embassy Suites to do my photo shoots to give the athlete's more publicity. After years of 'hit & run' photo shoots trying to outwit the NYC police, I wanted to do a good shoot & take my time. In the end it cost a couple of thousand dollars for everything involved with the shoot, (it is N.Y.C. nonetheless), but it was well worth it & actually less expensive then the permits. But I also sit here & think about how she & her husband were telling everybody how Michele worked so hard for this & accepted all their accolades knowing full well what she did.

So if that doesn't explain to you why I'm mad, then come talk to me at Nationals. Otherwise I don't need your sarcastic remarks in this thread any further.

On another note, is there anybody who is proficient with Photoshop that would like to take a crack at creating a cover featuring the other overall winners using individual photos of them but making it look like a group photo? I am not that good with Photoshop. If you're interested, send me an e-mail or look me up on Facebook.

Noel Fuller
11-10-2009, 10:30 PM
So...what did she test positive for?

Iron Sirens
11-11-2009, 02:31 AM
So...what did she test positive for?

Don't know. Don't care. Didn't ask.

You're so curious, call my Dad. :STFU:

Michelle Brent
11-11-2009, 12:30 PM
I heard or rumor that the over-all guy got busted too! Is that true J.M.?

FemFlex
11-11-2009, 02:02 PM
I guess Carolyn Bryant isn't so crazy, after all. She was the first to drop this rumor at RX, and people said she was nuts.

Having done the NYC photo thing, I agree with J.M.'s position 100%.

I want to read the 'no love' thread sometime.

Like Isaac, I know many competitors who are motivated by the chance to compete at Worlds. And having been to
Como, I can assure you that losing the opportunity to travel there for free is a very steep price to pay...it's most unfortunate that no one was able to replace her.

Oh, and as for everyone's comments on MPJ...he's still totally irrelevant, but it's a compliment to him that I'm even mentioning him at all.

Iron Sirens
11-11-2009, 02:08 PM
I heard or rumor that the over-all guy got busted too! Is that true J.M.?

As you stated Michelle - A Rumor. Wendell did not fail the testing proceedure's because if he did, I would have railed on him too!

Which brings me to something more positive. I think that Wendell & sister Cassandra are the only brother-sister to not only win the NPC Team Universe but to do it in back-to-back years! So let's give a shout out to the Floyd siblings!

Mightymouse
11-11-2009, 03:14 PM
As you stated Michelle - A Rumor. Wendell did not fail the testing proceedure's because if he did, I would have railed on him too!

Which brings me to something more positive. I think that Wendell & sister Cassandra are the only brother-sister to not only win the NPC Team Universe but to do it in back-to-back years! So let's give a shout out to the Floyd siblings!

Yeah to the Floyd siblings you are right JM that totally deserves a shout out. Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:awesome:

Noel Fuller
11-11-2009, 03:20 PM
Nice to throw an athlete under the bus, I know your pissed about the pics but just think how bad she must feel, its not like she knew she was dqed when she shot the pics and just did it to ruin your cover.

JasonLannigan
11-11-2009, 03:37 PM
Nice to throw an athlete under the bus, I know your pissed about the pics but just think how bad she must feel, its not like she knew she was dqed when she shot the pics and just did it to ruin your cover.

:banghead:

Noel if you have a problem with JM talk to him at Nationals. JM didn't start this thread, I did.

I don't understand how you can not understand JM's position.

Agree to disagree and move on.

Noel Fuller
11-11-2009, 04:40 PM
Its just one mans opinion, this is an open forum