lol - I bet Ike is thrilled.

JasonLannigan
11-18-2009, 01:41 PM
NPC National Numbers Breakdown
Bikini – 76
Female Bodybuilding – 74
Figure – 191
Men’s Bodybuilding – 195

Female Bodybuilding at the NPC Nationals continues to grow. Last year under 70 competed. The year before 60 women competed in female bodybuilding.

Michelle Brent
11-18-2009, 02:36 PM
The great thing about it too, is the number of figure girls who have crossed to BBing!!!

LIFTstudios
11-18-2009, 04:01 PM
lol - I bet Ike is thrilled.

I am! Last show until February for me. :awesome:

Shelly
11-18-2009, 04:47 PM
is this the biggest this year?

LIFTstudios
11-18-2009, 05:24 PM
is this the biggest this year?

yep

Betsy
11-18-2009, 05:57 PM
yep

which GREATLY surprises me due to the fact of how late in the year it is and how far the last show was...

JasonLannigan
11-19-2009, 03:11 PM
Figure continues to grow as well. Last year around 140 competed in figure.

John Puskarich
11-19-2009, 03:46 PM
I wonder if the powers that be are happy with the number of bikini competitors? Id say for the first Nationals-exceeding female Bbding #'s it seems like its a huge success:bowdown::bowdown:

what will be interesting is how it will progress over the years...will "figure" cross over to Bikini in search of that IFBB PRO card-while fresh blood joins in on bikini...Im gonna guess and say yes...which is good for all of bodybuilding...more compettors..more shows..more audience...more exposure...more oppurtunities:awesome::respect:

Stacy Wright
11-19-2009, 06:47 PM
I am very pleased with the # of FBB!! that's awesome! Too bad us fitness gals are left out of this one! Bummer =(

ranger
11-19-2009, 07:25 PM
I am very pleased with the # of FBB!! that's awesome! Too bad us fitness gals are left out of this one! Bummer =(

I AGREE!!!!!!!!!

I'd love to be FL competing!

Stacy Wright
11-19-2009, 07:40 PM
Wonder why they did drop.. or switch us from nationals.!? they've got every division except us... and that even includes the new bikini. I feel so left out! LOL I guess I'll be blowing up my computer hitting refresh to get the updates from the show instead of enjoying that sunshine! =)

JasonLannigan
11-19-2009, 07:54 PM
Wonder why they did drop.. or switch us from nationals.!? they've got every division except us... and that even includes the new bikini. I feel so left out! LOL I guess I'll be blowing up my computer hitting refresh to get the updates from the show instead of enjoying that sunshine! =)

In 2007 the Fitness Nationals was attached to the Bodybuilding Nationals, than they changed it, and added Fitness Nationals to Team U (and also removed a fitness pro qualifier, in 2007 fitness was apart of both Team U and Nationals).

Fitness was declining and figure was growing. So we ended up with one more pro qualifier for figure and one less for fitness, but they did however make the Jr USA and Jr Nationals pro qualifiers for fitness and figure. Overall fitness lost one or maybe two pro cards.

Stacy Wright
11-19-2009, 08:09 PM
In 2007 the Fitness Nationals was attached to the Bodybuilding Nationals, than they changed it, and added Fitness Nationals to Team U (and also removed a fitness pro qualifier, in 2007 fitness was apart of both Team U and Nationals).

Fitness was declining and figure was growing. So we ended up with one more pro qualifier for figure and one less for fitness, but they did however make the Jr USA and Jr Nationals pro qualifiers for fitness and figure. Overall fitness lost one or maybe two pro cards.

yeah, I know. I know they can't give us 20 cards/yr or something because we just don't have the #s for it. just sucks that we're the only ones who don't get to take part in the biggest national show of the year... I guess I could've done figure, but that's not my 'home' division... so it just wouldn't be the same. But still here cheering on all the lovely ladies who WILL be competing!! GO TEAM SC!! =):awesome:

itrain2
11-19-2009, 09:57 PM
yep

Wow! no recession effecting competing this year so that's a good thing:)

JasonLannigan
11-20-2009, 09:00 PM
NPC National Numbers Breakdown
Bikini – 76
Female Bodybuilding – 74
Figure – 191
Men’s Bodybuilding – 195http://www.hardbody.com/news/2009/11/17/npc-national-numbers-breakdown/

Some competitors dropped out. The total number of competitors is 520. :popcorn: