Siouxcountry.com

---

Go Back   Siouxcountry.com > Discussion > Chat & Introduction
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Chat & Introduction We chat about everything, and anything. Stop on in and introduce yourself.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:59 PM
IFBB Pro - Shawn Hektor

Default My day of Normal Nudity

I was going to post this in my journal but I thought it was worth sharing with everyone.
Today I went to an all-nude Korean spa for the day. I had bought a pass on Groupon and it looked interesting so I thought… why not? Plus I had just had a huge splurge meal yesterday and thought it’d be great to sweat some of that sugar and fat out!
I ventured in… its one big spa/sauna/pool rooms that’s required you be fully nude. I was a little weary about my post-splurge food-baby. But I disrobed and walked into the main spa. There were about 75-100 women walking around in the buff at any given time while I was there. I could not believe the shapes of some of these women. In this entire crowd there were two women who did not have belly rolls of some kind or dimpled bumms. Not a single one of them had any kind of muscle tone. And maybe two of them you would consider to be in “decent shape”... maybe runners. I’m not saying this to be mean, I was simply observing my surroundings. Suddenly I felt like the “weird one” in a room full of “normal American women”. All of a sudden I realized just how hyper critical I am (we are) in the competitive world of our physiques.
The average American women were all around me. Most of them have probably never ever wondered what their body fat percentage was or what a macro or micro nutrient is. Most of them have never even entertained the idea of stepping on a stage in a bikini or would even think something like that was normal. Yet we here are consumed by it day in and day out….

I think we need to put all we do into perspective and not get down on ourselves over the little things like food-babies and holding water, or whatever your physique nemesis may be.
It is a privilege and a blessing to be able to do what we do. Even on our worst of days, we are extraordinary!

‎"Just because you get the puppy dog with the biggest feet doesn't mean he'll grow up to be the best hunting dog," -Nick Saban

Twitter: @ShawnCarla
Old 06-13-2011, 11:28 PM
NPC Bikini Competitor - Cherish

Facebook: cherishfitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnCarla View Post
I think we need to put all we do into perspective and not get down on ourselves over the little things like food-babies and holding water, or whatever your physique nemesis may be.
It is a privilege and a blessing to be able to do what we do. Even on our worst of days, we are extraordinary!
Well said!

It's so easy to get caught up in the most minute details of our physiques and beat ourselves up over them without appreciating ourselves as beautiful, hard-working, dedicated women that we are. I SO needed this reminder today!

https://www.facebook.com/cherishhunterfit
http://www.faithandsweat.net

https://www.facebook.com/faithandsweat.net

“I am building a fire, and everyday I train, I add more fuel. At just the right moment, I light the match.” – Mia Hamm

"The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds." - Henry Rollins
Old 06-14-2011, 02:17 AM
NPC Figure Competitor - Tanya

Twitter: Fit_Tanya

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnCarla View Post

I totally agree.... my bff where I currently live is nervous about going to the beach with me in 10 days - nervous of my fat off season body sitting next to her instead of celebrating that she has dropped the first 35 of 100 pounds she wants to lose. Dragging her butt for a day of boy watching anyway
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.
Vince Lombardi

My SC Journal
Old 06-14-2011, 10:00 AM
IFBB Reject - Rebecca Staggs

Twitter: BeccaStaggs

So true!!
Old 06-14-2011, 01:35 PM
NPC Physique Competitor- Ila

Facebook: ila.reed

So very true!

I went to a spa during my offseason and was so self conscious about my body when I got there. There were women there too, just walking around in the nude, wearing bikinis. That definitely didn't work out but were totally comfortable in their bodies. In reality, I looked GOOD in comparison, but I was so worried I was sooo fat prior to going. After that experience I definitely looked at myself differently for sure!

‎"If you don't have confidence, you'll always find a way not to win." ~Carl Lewis
Old 06-14-2011, 01:59 PM
Recovered Competitor - Julia

Facebook: Jewelofnile
Twitter: jewelofnile12

Thanks for posting, Shawn! I know that I experienced something similar at a regular spa (non nude). I tend to forget that we are critical of ourselves off and on season. But when my massuse commented on how much muscle I had and how in shape I was I had to remind myself that to most people I probably naturally look really lean. It's ok to be who we are!
Old 06-14-2011, 01:59 PM
Photographer - Tre Scott

Facebook: femflex
Twitter: femflex

Oh, don't act like I was the only one thinking it!
Old 06-14-2011, 02:08 PM
Phil

Even clothed it's easy to see 90% of people would look horrible naked. I live near some of the biggest nudist colonies in America and I've been told it's a horrible sight.

You girls are all certainly in an elite category when it comes to your bodies.
Old 06-14-2011, 02:16 PM
Recovered Competitor - Julia

Facebook: Jewelofnile
Twitter: jewelofnile12

Quote:
Originally Posted by FemFlex View Post

Old 06-14-2011, 06:00 PM
IFBB Pro - Shawn Hektor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FemFlex View Post

LMAO... really wish I could have taken some... put up some black CENSORED bars or something.... but no cameras allowed

‎"Just because you get the puppy dog with the biggest feet doesn't mean he'll grow up to be the best hunting dog," -Nick Saban

Old 06-14-2011, 11:00 PM
NPC Physique Competitor - Tiffany

So true. I needed to see this today
Old 06-15-2011, 03:32 PM
IFBB Pro - Shawn Hektor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelofnile69 View Post
I think Tre meant he wanted to see pics of you...not of the other ladies. LOL!
Haha! Oh... well my bad! I'll try to remember that for next time
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsness View Post
I went to one in Koreatown in LA years ago. It was great, soaking in a tea jacuzzi, getting a sugar scrub and napping on a heated jade floor. Body issues aside, Korean spa is a great experience if you have the opportunity.
It really was great...very different from your typical spa. I was so relaxed and looked about ten years younger when I left. My whole body was jacked up from training and my photoshoot the day before. When I left, I was loose as a goose.