Siouxcountry.com

---

Go Back   Siouxcountry.com > Discussion > Chat & Introduction
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Chat & Introduction We chat about everything, and anything. Stop on in and introduce yourself.

Old 05-02-2012, 04:23 PM
IFBB Reject - Rebecca Staggs

Twitter: BeccaStaggs
Default New Jersey mother arrested after fair-skinned daughter, FIVE, was severely burned when she took her to a tanning salon

Just...WOW.
More photos of the mom and video of her interview can be seen HERE

Quote:
A New Jersey mother was arrested for child endangerment after she took her pale five-year-old daughter to a tanning salon, where the child received severe burns all over her body, authorities say.

The child's kindergarten teacher called authorities after she noticed the painful burns when the girl when to school.
Now her mother, Patricia Krentcil, 44, is facing felony child endangerment charges for allegedly sneaking her fair-skinned, red-haired daughter into the tanning booth.

Tan: Patricia Krentcil, 44, allegedly took her daughter tanning but says that it was a misunderstanding

Mother and daughter: The difference in hue of Krentcil (left) and Anna (right) is blatantly obvious
But Krentcil told The Today Show this morning. 'This whole thing has been blown out of proportion.

'I'm not going to bring my little daughter into a 90 degree bed, I mean, that's not normal.'
Krentcil said that while she did take her daughter Anna to the tanning salon, the little girl never got in the booth and was only there waiting for her mother to finish her session.

More...Mother 'made sex tape with her son, 16, and sent him naked photos of herself'
Mother, 20, faces life in prison after giving secretly giving birth, stabbing baby girl to death and stashing body in closet

She argues that Anna got her sunburn from playing in the yard and not breaking the law.
Doctors say tanning booths, which emit UV radiation, are known carcinogens.

Krentcil's daughter apparently received enough of the radiation to burn her skin and leave her with painful damage, police say.

Trip to the salon: Krentcil argues the girl was in the room but not in the actual booth
Mug shot: Krentcil clearly went tanning after her April 24 arrest (seen here) as she is darker in recent images
The Bergen County Record reports that employees the tanning salon in Nutley, New Jersey, didn't realize Krentcil had brought her daughter into the stand-up tanning booth.

State law prohibits children under 14 from using tanning booths. Anyone under 18 must have parental permission.

The incident was reported when a teacher at Anna's school overheard Anna telling a friend that she went to the tanning salon with her mom, and then the teacher pieced that together with Anna's noticeable sunburn.

'I tan, she doesn't tan,' Krentcil said, stating the obvious.

With her skin reminiscent of the outlandish character Magda from the 1998 comedy There's Something About Mary, it is very clear that Krentcil has been to more than one tanning session in her time.

Even given the timing of her mugshot- taken on April 24- and her Today Show interview- which aired on May 2- the difference in her skin tone makes it clear that her legal scuffle didn't stop her from making a stop at the tanning salon in the meantime.

Krentcil maintains that she did nothing wrong, as her daughter did not break any laws by going in the room with her but not in the actual tanning booth.

'It's called a tanning booth and a tanning room.'
Shocked: Krentcil (left) and her daughter Anna (right) have been 'shaken up' by the attention from the arrest
The legal situation has taken a toll on both Krentcil and Anna.

'Its traumatizing for a little girl who did nothing wrong but got a little sunburn,' Krentcil told Today.

Police arrested Krentcil April 24. She took the child to the tanning salon the week before, authorities say.
The charge was upgraded to a felony Monday, and Krentcil was released after posting $25,000 bail.
A family told WABC-TV that Krentcil was 'shaken' by her arrest.
Dr Stephanie Badalamenti, a dermatologist, told the station tanning booths can increase the risk of developing melanoma, a deadly form of skin cancer, by 75 percent.

'This can be very dangerous,' she said. 'This can be a life-changer.'
Old 05-02-2012, 05:06 PM
Administrator
Jason

Facebook: siouxcountryfb
Twitter: siouxcountry
Instagram: siouxcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca Staggs View Post
Just...WOW.
OMG! If I didn't see the video, I would have not believed those photos are real. LOL at the Good Morning hosts not saying a word about how freaky the Mother looks! The Mother is clearly mentally disturbed! Take her children away from her.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	article-2138197-12E30E63000005DC-859_306x381.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	66651  Click image for larger version

Name:	article-2138197-12E2D0A9000005DC-921_634x348.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	66652  

Got a Smartphone? Download Forum Runner to read & post from your phone!
Old 05-02-2012, 05:10 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Dani

Unhappy

This is unbearable to look at or think about. So disturbing.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:18 PM
Vanessa Adams-Pierce

I saw this on the news last night. Fucking Jersey!

Old 05-02-2012, 06:57 PM
IFBB Pro - Cheryl Davis

hmmm. if you don't want people to believe you would put your child in a tanning booth, how about not looking like a psa for skin cancer? i keep looking at her pictures and thinking about that al sharpton msnbc commercial when he's talking about the blueberry pie all over the face lol

I will not live an unlived life. I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire. - Dawn Markova
Go big, go bold, go hard or go home!

Between hope and victory lies faith.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:57 PM
IFBB Pro - Lori Steele

OMG
Old 05-02-2012, 07:08 PM
Vanessa Adams-Pierce

Thumbs up

Old 05-04-2012, 05:30 AM
Bikini Competitor - Ashley

Reading this made me sick to my stomach- this is the most disturbed I've been in a long time.

*I DECIDE.

Find me on Facebook... http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002334258212
Old 05-03-2012, 03:10 PM
Photographer - Ana Frias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcountry View Post
OMG! If I didn't see the video, I would have not believed those photos are real. LOL at the Good Morning hosts not saying a word about how freaky the Mother looks! The Mother is clearly mentally disturbed! Take her children away from her.
That's exactly what I was thinking Jason. I find it hard to believe the media hasn't made a comment of the mental issues she obviously have. She looks charred!!!

Facebook

Facebook: Fit, Fun & Delish
Old 05-03-2012, 03:18 PM
Administrator
Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaC. View Post
That's exactly what I was thinking Jason. I find it hard to believe the media hasn't made a comment of the mental issues she obviously have. She looks charred!!!
This story will go down as one of the most bizzare this year no doubt.

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-styl...icle-1.1071641

Dermatologist says Patricia Krentcil's 'tanorexic' condition is 'craziest thing I've ever seen'

Doc says she may need help with skin and her mental state

In all my years of treating patients as a dermatologist, I have never encountered anything like this.

Going to a tanning salon 20 times a month, frankly, is insane, especially with all of the public education and awareness campaigns on the dangers of tanning beds and skin cancers.

It may be she has an addiction to tanning, which actually now has a name tanorexia. She may need help to treat not only the damage to her skin, but also what is going on with her psychologically.

A lot of these people may also suffer from body dysmorphic disorders, where they look at themselves in the mirror and are always unhappy with their appearance. Patients like this are constantly having elective cosmetic procedures either surgeries, laser treatments or Botox and fillers.

Patients who feel they need to have tan skin may fall under this category as well.

Going to a tanning salon even just one time is dangerous. Tanning booths are considered a Class 1 carcinogen by the World Health Organization. This is the same category that plutonium is put in!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	66676  

Old 02-27-2013, 03:12 AM
Administrator
Jason

Bumping thread.

NJ grand jury won't indict tanning mom Patricia Krentcil......... http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...ricia-krentcil

Old 02-27-2013, 05:31 PM
Bikini Competitor - Nikki

Twitter: @NICKOPATRA
Instagram: @NICKOPATRA

Wow....ok fine they won't indict but can't they make her get some kind of help?

She's not showing her daughter healthy habits, regardless of whether she actually had the child tan or not. Frankly having the child in the room at all is just as bad....it's not like the UV rays don't come out of the bed....they turn the whole room into a tanning bed!

She should've left her daughter at home!!!