Siouxcountry.com

  #41  
Old 07-14-2010, 05:27 PM
JillianSR's Avatar
JillianSR JillianSR is offline
IFBB Pro - Jillian Reville
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIFTstudios View Post
I believe you said: "Do I feel I got “Screwed” this time: FUCK YES and I have the right to say so…."

Waiting to hear you back how you "got screwed". At the end of the day would you have felt better being 12th instead of 16th? Would that have then justified your commitment to the show?

If you are "playing the game" you might want to start by avoiding saying you "got screwed" on a message board and take the judge's feedback for the next show.

My two cents:
Looking at photos by yourself you look great and you should be proud of your physique. Compared to the other physiques in the class, could you have been in a higher call out? Yes. In my opinion, you were dropped down because of the overly vascular arms and striations in your quads. That's one thing head judge Sandi Williamson will count you down on. Agree or disagree, I've heard her tell it to more competitors than I can count. When you posed you seemed nervous and un sure of yourself. All of that matters when competing against a big class. Who knows perhaps you go into the next show with less vascularity, don't flex your quads and present differently you aren't in the top call-out or two?

I have nothing personal against you, I don't know you. It's just annoying to see people come on and complain after a show. It serves no purpose and you have nothing to gain by doing so. It's great that Sioux wants to show his support by starting a thread about it but if you need a dozen people online to tell you how you got screwed to feel better then perhaps you are competing for the wrong reasons. I wish you the best.

Peace
see thats all i wanted to hear from you... and i didnt say i got screwed till you started saying i was placed where i should have been. and i never even said i should have been in first or second or third call outs... just not the last one....

Looking at photos by yourself you look great and you should be proud of your physique. Thank you!


and yes i agree, my quads are to separated for what they want now, i dont flex my legs like i used to... also working on holding my back so that it doesnt look so muscular is another thing i need to work on...

as for the valcularity, i drank almost a gallon of water before i got on stage, obviously i need more... this too, i see your point and agree...

as for my posing, you are the first person that has ever told me i looked nervous and unsure...

Some other feedback: From Linda, who I spoke to on the phone with at length and discussed everything, and was VERY appreciative for the time she spent with me on the phone and all her advice... She was very positive and had GREAT feedback as to how I need to change a few things. and YES she knows I am going to make the changes needed...

Shoulders are too capped – this is unfortunate, I actually haven’t trained shoulders since before the Arnold… SO I already found a different way to pose for my shoulders to not look as big..

We already talked about my quads…

And that my suit was not the right color for me… so a new suit has been ordered for the next shows… so that issue is fixed... Thanks to Tamee!!

At the end of the day I would have felt fine not placing if I thought that ALL the girls that did place actually looked good. there are some girls that were called out before me that I think looked very sloppy and not conditioned... this is why I was not happy.... that people are being placed ahead of quality conditioning….

Hey if I have too much muscle, that sux but it’s obvious something I have to work around… it also confuses me that a lot of the girls that turned pro have a lot of muscle… so why cant I?


It's great that Sioux wants to show his support by starting a thread about it but if you need a dozen people online to tell you how you got screwed to feel better then perhaps you are competing for the wrong reasons.


and i dont need people to kiss my ass,,, i dont really care what people think or say and welcome any kind of advice, but its how its said. people can say nice things, people can give me any critizism, but your tone is what pissed me off... and i dont compete for anyone else... i do it for me cause i like training, i like setting goals and reaching them.

i dont know you either and dont have any bad wishes toward you. Hope the rest of your week is good
__________________
It was character that got us out of bed, commitment that moved us into action, and discipline that enabled us to follow through.
Zig Ziglar
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 07-14-2010, 05:29 PM
JasonLannigan's Avatar
JasonLannigan JasonLannigan is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: USA
Facebook: siouxcountryfb
Twitter: siouxcountry
Instagram: siouxcountry
Posts: 59,287
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIFTstudios View Post
If you are "playing the game" you might want to start by avoiding saying you "got screwed" on a message board and take the judge's feedback for the next show.
Jillian has, is and will listen to any and all feedback from judges, and experts like yourself. She will improve upon her posing and presentation.
__________________
Make me feel popular and follow us on Facebook!
Follow us on
Twitter!

Got a Smartphone? Download Forum Runner to read & post from your phone!
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 07-14-2010, 05:38 PM
AnneP AnneP is offline
Anne Pietilä
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Finland
Posts: 2,397
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillianSR View Post
.. also working on holding my back so that it doesnt look so muscular is another thing i need to work on...
Hmm, imo that was the problem. When u are not opening it, your structure looks a bit more like H from back than x/v-framed. I would have opened it to create better x and v.


Quote:
And that my suit was not the right color for me…
Hmmm, means what? IMO this is the worst shit I can hear. The suit colour does not and should NOT have an absolut value itself. Only way it should affect is the impact the colour may have on the illusion of the physique ( for example suits get washed out against the skin + u loose the benefits you might try to get with suits (cut etc) etc etc .. ) in my opinion, there was nothing wrong with ur suit colour.... Or what do I know
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 07-14-2010, 05:56 PM
Ronster's Avatar
Ronster Ronster is offline
Ron Clere
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vero Beach, Florida
Posts: 152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneP View Post
Hmm, imo that was the problem. When u are not opening it, your structure looks a bit more like H from back than x/v-framed. I would have opened it to create better x and v.




Hmmm, means what? IMO this is the worst shit I can hear. The suit colour does not and should NOT have an absolut value itself. Only way it should affect is the impact the colour may have on the illusion of the physique ( for example suits get washed out against the skin + u loose the benefits you might try to get with suits (cut etc) etc etc .. ) in my opinion, there was nothing wrong with ur suit colour.... Or what do I know
Anne P. There is merit to what she is saying. It should not have value but I want to go extreme to make a point. I white suit jeweled will be distracting from what is being judged which is the physique. I wonder if the feedback given was made to point out that the suit distracted from her physique? But if that were the case the judge should have said so. Even the cut of suits can present a package that can score a competitor lower if it doesn't accentuate the competitor's strengths. The problem with suit comments with regards to color is personal preference from the judges IMO. I think the only feedback with regards to suit is if the cut was wayy off base.

Jillian, I agree with Anne P regarding the back shot. Look at the back pic posted on this thread. Your back was not opened up which deterred from the hourglass shape judges are seeking. The back shot looked more "Boxy" rather than shapely. From other shows you have done your back is strong and you have a nice V-taper just work it next time.

Again Stay the course!

Ron Clere
Proud hubby of IFBB Figure Pro Melody Clere!
__________________
A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 07-14-2010, 06:24 PM
JillianSR's Avatar
JillianSR JillianSR is offline
IFBB Pro - Jillian Reville
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronster View Post
Anne P. There is merit to what she is saying. It should not have value but I want to go extreme to make a point. I white suit jeweled will be distracting from what is being judged which is the physique. I wonder if the feedback given was made to point out that the suit distracted from her physique? But if that were the case the judge should have said so. Even the cut of suits can present a package that can score a competitor lower if it doesn't accentuate the competitor's strengths. The problem with suit comments with regards to color is personal preference from the judges IMO. I think the only feedback with regards to suit is if the cut was wayy off base.

Jillian, I agree with Anne P regarding the back shot. Look at the back pic posted on this thread. Your back was not opened up which deterred from the hourglass shape judges are seeking. The back shot looked more "Boxy" rather than shapely. From other shows you have done your back is strong and you have a nice V-taper just work it next time.

Again Stay the course!

Ron Clere
Proud hubby of IFBB Figure Pro Melody Clere!
Yes linda said that the bottom of my suit was too low in the front, which another judge had told me prior to go lower, so my next suit i hope to hit it in the middle Linda said that because ti was so low that is made my midsection look more boxy then i am... which is a good point... she also said the color was too dark and i should go for a lighter suit. i am goign for a light lilac/pinkish tone this time... we shall see...

i have a week and a half to practice posing we will see how it turns out!
__________________
It was character that got us out of bed, commitment that moved us into action, and discipline that enabled us to follow through.
Zig Ziglar
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 07-14-2010, 06:26 PM
MrsFluffyBunny's Avatar
MrsFluffyBunny MrsFluffyBunny is online now
Moderator
CBBF Figure Competitor
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 8,109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIFTstudios View Post
I believe you said: "Do I feel I got “Screwed” this time: FUCK YES and I have the right to say so…."

Waiting to hear you back how you "got screwed". At the end of the day would you have felt better being 12th instead of 16th? Would that have then justified your commitment to the show?

If you are "playing the game" you might want to start by avoiding saying you "got screwed" on a message board and take the judge's feedback for the next show.

My two cents:
Looking at photos by yourself you look great and you should be proud of your physique. Compared to the other physiques in the class, could you have been in a higher call out? Yes. In my opinion, you were dropped down because of the overly vascular arms and striations in your quads. That's one thing head judge Sandi Williamson will count you down on. Agree or disagree, I've heard her tell it to more competitors than I can count. When you posed you seemed nervous and un sure of yourself. All of that matters when competing against a big class. Who knows perhaps you go into the next show with less vascularity, don't flex your quads and present differently you aren't in the top call-out or two?

I have nothing personal against you, I don't know you. It's just annoying to see people come on and complain after a show. It serves no purpose and you have nothing to gain by doing so. It's great that Sioux wants to show his support by starting a thread about it but if you need a dozen people online to tell you how you got screwed to feel better then perhaps you are competing for the wrong reasons. I wish you the best.

Peace
THAT is great feedback from someone in the know who was actually there witnessing everything the judges did...always choose wisely when considering and absorbing feedback.

Jillian, you look great in your photos and you've obviously made great progress in transforming your physique.

Placings in shows are no measure of personal progress and personal improvement. Ever.

Congratulations!! Do you love doing this? If so, keep on bringin' it and finding the joy in the ENTIRE process.

To paraphrase some of my favorite athletes when asked what was their favorite, most memorable victory, game, contest, etc., the answer that always makes me jump up and cheer is: the NEXT one!!
__________________
"Never esteem anything as of advantage to you that will make you break your word or lose your self-respect." Marcus Aurelius Antoninus, Meditations
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 07-14-2010, 07:02 PM
Ronster's Avatar
Ronster Ronster is offline
Ron Clere
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vero Beach, Florida
Posts: 152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillianSR View Post
Yes linda said that the bottom of my suit was too low in the front, which another judge had told me prior to go lower, so my next suit i hope to hit it in the middle Linda said that because ti was so low that is made my midsection look more boxy then i am... which is a good point... she also said the color was too dark and i should go for a lighter suit. i am goign for a light lilac/pinkish tone this time... we shall see...

i have a week and a half to practice posing we will see how it turns out!
CC Fitwear in Jupiter FL is Awesome! That's who Melody uses!
__________________
A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 07-14-2010, 07:33 PM
AnneP AnneP is offline
Anne Pietilä
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Finland
Posts: 2,397
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillianSR View Post
Yes linda said that the bottom of my suit was too low in the front, which another judge had told me prior to go lower, so my next suit i hope to hit it in the middle Linda said that because ti was so low that is made my midsection look more boxy then i am... which is a good point... she also said the color was too dark and i should go for a lighter suit.
Well the cut comment makes sense, but... imo there is no point about colour. Actually darker works in my opinion better than lighter ones.. well I guess that was just a personal opinion ... (but should not have anything to do with judging as it seems not affected on the illusion of physique what judges are there to judge.) Sorry this was a lil off topic, was just interesting : )

Keep going , girl : )
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 07-14-2010, 07:49 PM
JillianSR's Avatar
JillianSR JillianSR is offline
IFBB Pro - Jillian Reville
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneP View Post
Well the cut comment makes sense, but... imo there is no point about colour. Actually darker works in my opinion better than lighter ones.. well I guess that was just a personal opinion ... (but should not have anything to do with judging as it seems not affected on the illusion of physique what judges are there to judge.) Sorry this was a lil off topic, was just interesting : )

Keep going , girl : )
not off topic at all! its good to discuss everything...
__________________
It was character that got us out of bed, commitment that moved us into action, and discipline that enabled us to follow through.
Zig Ziglar
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 07-14-2010, 08:09 PM
kitty kat's Avatar
kitty kat kitty kat is offline
IFBB Pro - Katherynne Ramirez
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 762
Default

I been training with Jillian for the entire year, and I must say, the girl made it a point to bring to the stage the best physique ever.. A couple of things I want to mention.. Her posing was on point.. I just think those pictures always catch her when she is positioning herself to open her back... I mean, I went through most pictures, and I saw many- even Pros not opening their lats wide enough.. I really don't think she deserved last callout, but like someone said in an earlier post, Once 1st and 2nd callouts, the judges might just don't even bother with the rest of girls??? So why not accept less entries, so everyone gets a chance to be seeing, thus making the shows less stressfull for the judges??I know, I know that will never happen, bc It's money involved. Like I told Jillie, For this year, just listen to what the judges, and only what the judges say.. She did her best to bring a great conditioned package and she wasn't rewarded, so now, she must take the other route.. One thing I know for sure is, that she won't give up, no matter the critques. And believe me, this is no cheering.. We discuss many things regarding what shows, and how many shows and suits and posing, and if something is wrong or if we know she shouldn't be doing, we tell(I'm speaking of myself, Melody and her coach PJ).. It is not what you say to a person, is how you come out and say that makes the big difference...
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 07-14-2010, 08:28 PM
Ronster's Avatar
Ronster Ronster is offline
Ron Clere
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Vero Beach, Florida
Posts: 152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty kat View Post
I been training with Jillian for the entire year, and I must say, the girl made it a point to bring to the stage the best physique ever.. A couple of things I want to mention.. Her posing was on point.. I just think those pictures always catch her when she is positioning herself to open her back... I mean, I went through most pictures, and I saw many- even Pros not opening their lats wide enough.. I really don't think she deserved last callout, but like someone said in an earlier post, Once 1st and 2nd callouts, the judges might just don't even bother with the rest of girls??? So why not accept less entries, so everyone gets a chance to be seeing, thus making the shows less stressfull for the judges??I know, I know that will never happen, bc It's money involved. Like I told Jillie, For this year, just listen to what the judges, and only what the judges say.. She did her best to bring a great conditioned package and she wasn't rewarded, so now, she must take the other route.. One thing I know for sure is, that she won't give up, no matter the critques. And believe me, this is no cheering.. We discuss many things regarding what shows, and how many shows and suits and posing, and if something is wrong or if we know she shouldn't be doing, we tell(I'm speaking of myself, Melody and her coach PJ).. It is not what you say to a person, is how you come out and say that makes the big difference...
Kat, I hope my remarks didn't come across crass at all. T'was not the intent. I just based my 2 cents on pics posted in her line up on this particular thread. But also my 2 cents are worth exactly that 2 cents. lol
Stay strong Jillian!

Thanks,
Ron
__________________
A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 07-14-2010, 08:45 PM
JillianSR's Avatar
JillianSR JillianSR is offline
IFBB Pro - Jillian Reville
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 684
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronster View Post
Kat, I hope my remarks didn't come across crass at all. T'was not the intent. I just based my 2 cents on pics posted in her line up on this particular thread. But also my 2 cents are worth exactly that 2 cents. lol
Stay strong Jillian!

Thanks,
Ron
i dont think Kat took what you said in a bad way!! i didnt take offense to them at all!! and i appreciate feedback! and agree w what you said re the back shot.
__________________
It was character that got us out of bed, commitment that moved us into action, and discipline that enabled us to follow through.
Zig Ziglar
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 07-14-2010, 08:46 PM
kitty kat's Avatar
kitty kat kitty kat is offline
IFBB Pro - Katherynne Ramirez
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 762
Default

Not at all Ron... lol
Just like when sometimes the photographers catch us onstage with our eyes semi close... When you are hitting the pose, they might just get you as you are opening up..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronster View Post
Kat, I hope my remarks didn't come across crass at all. T'was not the intent. I just based my 2 cents on pics posted in her line up on this particular thread. But also my 2 cents are worth exactly that 2 cents. lol
Stay strong Jillian!

Thanks,
Ron
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 07-14-2010, 09:17 PM
LIFTstudios's Avatar
LIFTstudios LIFTstudios is offline
Photographer - Isaac Hinds
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 1,349
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty kat View Post
Not at all Ron... lol
Just like when sometimes the photographers catch us onstage with our eyes semi close... When you are hitting the pose, they might just get you as you are opening up..
If you compare all photos - Musculardevelopment, RX, bodybuilding.com and they all show a similar pose probably not the photographer(s).

Just say'n.
__________________
========================
• Muscle & Fitness Hers Magazine Columnist - "Twist & Turns"
• Contributing Photographer to FLEX, Muscle & Fitness HERS, Bodybuilding.com, IRONMAN & NPC NEWS
Endorser of Team MuscleTech®
• Bodybuilding.com Photographer of the Year - 2007, 2008 & 2009.
HARDBODY.com
twitter.com/hardbodynews
twitter.com/liftstudios
LIFTstudios on Model Mayhem

Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 07-15-2010, 10:06 PM
SDUQUE's Avatar
SDUQUE SDUQUE is offline
PNBA Pro - Sylvia Duque
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 181
Default

Congratulations to Jillian and all the girls who competed. YOU all are winners!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:37 PM.

...

Moderators

Becca Staggs
......Website
LaurenFazio
......Website
MrsFluffyBunny
Ripitupbaby
......Website

Forum Moderators

....

Administrators

JasonLannigan


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.