Siouxcountry.com

---

Go Back   Siouxcountry.com > Discussion > Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini News & chat about Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini.

Old 03-07-2012, 06:06 PM
CBBF Fitness Competitor - Renee

Facebook: renee.berard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBody Lynn View Post
It takes serious balls to get on stage looking like that and not be embarrassed. You've got to notice you don't look like everyone else in your lineup.
I most definitely give her props for that!!!!

I watched one of her posing vids. She's clearly in her own world, but also seems to be REALLY into what she's doing. While i can definitely agree that her concept of stage ready is off the mark, i also can't really fault her passion for something (having said that, it's also hard to understand how she made it as far as the Arnold LOL).

This TOTALLY reminds me of Florence Foster Jenkins.... Jenkins was a very passionate opera singer (who also was AWFUL). She inherited a great deal of money that allowed her to pursue her "musical career" in spite of her obvious lack of talent. She even performed at Carnegie hall. If you're brave enough, here's one of her recording:

http://youtu.be/MM6qntPpyZ0

Man, that shit makes me laugh SOOO hard. When someone sucks that bad, but is SO passionate about it.... i dunno....can you really fault them?
Old 03-07-2012, 06:21 PM
Administrator
Jason

Facebook: siouxcountryfb
Twitter: siouxcountry
Instagram: siouxcountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Silly View Post
I most definitely give her props for that!!!!

I watched one of her posing vids. She's clearly in her own world, but also seems to be REALLY into what she's doing. While i can definitely agree that her concept of stage ready is off the mark, i also can't really fault her passion for something (having said that, it's also hard to understand how she made it as far as the Arnold LOL).
Can you post the link to the video?

Quote:
This TOTALLY reminds me of Florence Foster Jenkins.... Jenkins was a very passionate opera singer (who also was AWFUL). She inherited a great deal of money that allowed her to pursue her "musical career" in spite of her obvious lack of talent. She even performed at Carnegie hall. If you're brave enough, here's one of her recording:

http://youtu.be/MM6qntPpyZ0

Man, that shit makes me laugh SOOO hard. When someone sucks that bad, but is SO passionate about it.... i dunno....can you really fault them?
Oh WOW! That was horrid. I could just imagine all the people pretending she was great, in hopes to get some of her $$$.

Got a Smartphone? Download Forum Runner to read & post from your phone!
Old 03-07-2012, 06:29 PM
NPC Bodybuilder - Jodie Bruce

Facebook: JodieBruce

Wow

She followed me around everywhere at 08 nationals.

www.fitweardesigns.com

facebook.com/fitweardesigns
Old 03-07-2012, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcountry View Post

Oh WOW! That was horrid. I could just imagine all the people pretending she was great, in hopes to get some of her $$$.

Yeah, it is pretty brutal... can you imagine sitting through a recital (and not laughing)? Money does buy a lot. LOL.

Here's the video.....
Old 03-07-2012, 08:14 PM
Administrator
Jason

Quote:
Yeah, it is pretty brutal... can you imagine sitting through a recital (and not laughing)? Money does buy a lot. LOL.
You are not kidding!

Quote:
Here's the other vid.For some reason i'm having difficulty embedding.. LOL i'm retarded. Here's the link:

http://youtu.be/mQSCjyIqybw
I have never seen that video. The camera guy couldn't have been much worse. She is indeed passionate about FBBing and has grown since that video. Strange World.

Old 03-07-2012, 08:33 PM

Yeah i think he was trying to focus on her cellulite or something, but i'd prefer if he'd zoom out so we could have watched the overall posing. Well, i think. LOL.

It IS a strange world. LOL. What kind of.... fascinating... is just how many shows she's done.
Old 03-08-2012, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy69 View Post
I remember her. Yes there's always "one of those" (generously referred to as "The Clueless Competitor" in various Youtubes circulating on the forums) at local shows. You generally hope they get filtered out by the time they hit the national level, however if they pay their federation dues, entry fees & qualify, they have a right to be there. I suppose the best you can do is just roll with it.
I never been to a show and Im the least qualified on this board to comment on judging and placement, I get paying the fees to compete, even with that how did she qualify? Did she actually place high in her other competetion? Looking like that supposedly several times in the past, IDK how she would qualify for anything..
Old 03-08-2012, 01:31 AM
Wee Beastie - Di

Facebook: Adinad
Instagram: Dinade4168

Quote:

Here's the video.....

And here I am freaking out about doing a show a year and a half from now...Must be nice to have that kind of...Umm...Confidence?
Old 03-08-2012, 06:10 AM
Photographer - Tre Scott

Facebook: femflex
Twitter: femflex

Signs of the apocalypse.

Just when I'd finally forgotten DoG - *again* - she's back to torment me once more.

The screeners have got to do their due diligence when selecting a world-class field of amateurs for this showcase event.

I really do have empathy for those with mental deficiencies, but I'll admit my bias in that I do not believe that all doors should be open to all people. I don't doubt her dedication, but her lack of development speaks for itself. I don't qualify for the Arnold amateur, because I don't have the physique credentials to be on that stage, so she shouldn't qualify either. $150 alone should not be enough to punch that ticket.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:07 PM

I'm guessing that she likely qualified by default. Sometimes class numbers are small (i've certainly seen it in the fitness division) and people can move up the ranks quickly.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:12 PM
Administrator
Jason

Quote:
I'm guessing that she likely qualified by default. Sometimes class numbers are small (i've certainly seen it in the fitness division) and people can move up the ranks quickly.
It would be interesting to know how she qualified for the Arnold. My guess is she qualified based on her placing well at a show years ago, the show (probably the only competitor in the show) where she qualified for Nationals. Maybe they'll change the qualifying rules now.

Looks like she had fun at the expo.........

Old 03-08-2012, 05:49 PM
NPC Bodybuiler - Jill

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitBody Lynn View Post
It takes serious balls to get on stage looking like that and not be embarrassed. You've got to notice you don't look like everyone else in your lineup.

At least she doesn't appear to be abusing diuretics
Old 03-08-2012, 06:03 PM
IFBB Pro - Roxie Beckles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcountry View Post

Holy CRAP this lady just BUTCHERED the aria from The Magic Flute... One of my favorite arias by the way!

As for this competitor, to each her own I supposed. I'm like Crystol though in that hey look, we all have our own reasons for stepping on stage, so I guess let her do what she do, especially since she paid to be there and doesn't mind how she looks.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:13 PM
CBBF Figure Competitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxieroxie007

Holy CRAP this lady just BUTCHERED the aria from The Magic Flute... One of my favorite arias by the way!

As for this competitor, to each her own I supposed. I'm like Crystol though in that hey look, we all have our own reasons for stepping on stage, so I guess let her do what she do, especially since she paid to be there and doesn't mind how she looks.
We are more alike than you know. I am an opera junkie in that I love the big, dramatic, exquisite arias. My fave? The Lakme flower duet. But Mozart is da bomb. I haven't watched that vid yet, though. Cringe.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
Old 03-08-2012, 06:25 PM

I'm more of a Verdi lover ;-P and a few choice Bellini arias.

Okay that Clueless Competitor vid was *awesome* LMFAO. I feel kind of bad for laughing. I need to rewatch this with sound when i get home....
Old 11-30-2012, 05:55 PM
Brankica

Facebook: u.brankica

You gotta bring her back, Jason, RLMAO
Old 11-30-2012, 06:01 PM
IFBB Pro - Beni Lopez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brankica View Post
You gotta bring her back, Jason, RLMAO
For what ...to make a mockery of her? she has enough of that crap already.