Siouxcountry.com

---

Go Back   Siouxcountry.com > Discussion > Training & Nutrition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Training & Nutrition Discuss training & nutrition. Off season or prep.

Old 05-27-2012, 10:44 PM
Bodybuilder - Andrea

Default Pharma Greens

Has anyone taken this? Is there another alternative for this item... I don't have any with me but I have GNC and vitamin world nearby wondering if there is something to take as an alternative till I get my resupply from bb.com which is on back order ... Thanks

Check my BodySpace on BB.Com

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/affitshorty/

Like my FB "lovers of the fitness lifestyle"
Old 05-28-2012, 02:16 AM
NPC Bodybuiler - Jill

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaPwrhouse12 View Post
Has anyone taken this? Is there another alternative for this item... I don't have any with me but I have GNC and vitamin world nearby wondering if there is something to take as an alternative till I get my resupply from bb.com which is on back order ... Thanks
Probably any powdered greens product is sufficient.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:44 PM
IFBB Reject - Rebecca Staggs

Twitter: BeccaStaggs

Time senstive - I hope someone can answer ASAP.

Quote:
I had a question regarding the morning after pill. I may need it but I will be on stage in less than 2 weeks so I am wary about putting hormones in my body for fear of the side effects that may occur. I don't want to be bloated or sick on stage if the side effects last that long. Anyone have any insight or experience with the pill? How much would the hormones in it really affect me and my results, if at all?

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-26-2012, 02:45 PM

Quote:
I have and LOVE Amazing grass. The berry and the chocolate are awesome.
www.amazinggrass.com

I've been taking it for years.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca Staggs View Post
Time senstive - I hope someone can answer ASAP.
In response to the Morning After pill question: Thank you!!

Quote:
...for the morning after pill, it will bring on her period a few days after she takes it no matter when her cycle will start. So whatever symptoms she has during her period, they will be present with the pill since it will begin menstruation. I've never taken it close to a show. I've taken it twice in my entire life and both times same results, but for me my periods once I'm already show ready (like within a week or two from a show) there is personally less bloating and water retention. If she does retain water she can always simply increase water intake to about 2 gallons a day during her peak which will naturally flush her out anyway. Another option if she or her coach doesn't want to have her drink much water for whatever reason is to include dandelion root the day before her show.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:33 PM

The member who wanted to know about the morning after pill says ""Thanks"! for your response.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:32 PM
Brankica

Facebook: u.brankica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca Staggs View Post
A member asks:
Does anyone here have any experience with Chitosan? I have heard both good and bad. Can/does it really bind fat and pass it? Please share your experiences. Thx
Is Chitosan illegal in USA or something?

We can get it in pharmacy back home, I used to
take it. No side effects and not sure if it really helped.

I would not count on it much though.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:53 PM
NPC Bikini Competitor - Staci

Regarding the morning after pill. I'm suprised your concern is how you will appear on stage. If you are possibly having an unwanted pregnancy shouldn't your concern be more focused on that? I don't want to sound judgmental but the priorities seem backward here. Looking good on stage vs 18 years of responsibility for a child you don't want or can't take care of. What's the question here?
Old 09-02-2012, 06:56 PM
NPC Bikini Competitor - Staci

I just realized how old that question was. Ah well. Hope it worked out ok.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:14 PM

Post Almost post meno, training, diet, etc.

At my wits end! I am 49 and an ex competetive bodybuilder(so long ago more like todays physique). Never used anything because I may naturally be the most muscular female ever! hahaha! A few things to say to you all.....CHANGE YOUR DIET AT @ 45! If you don't(like me) you will gain fat! Menopausal changes in metabolism, hormones and the bodies ability to handle insulin will get you. That being said I now need help. Part of the problem is genetic, of course, and that I am 4'9". I have gained a good 10lbs mostly in my back and boobs 34dd! Which I hate! Anyway I have been doing 2-3 hrs of varied cardio a day in split seasons. no results! Makes me cry! This 49yr old gym rat can't take much more. i do a typical low carb diet. Any suggestions? I need HELP! Thinking about hormone replacement : minimal amount of estrogen with progestin and a lil test. I can't see replacing the estrogen without the test too! Am I wrong?

sorry soooo long

Last edited by SisC4ft9 : 11-11-2012 at 05:24 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 12:55 AM
CBBF Figure Competitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisC4ft9 View Post
At my wits end! I am 49 and an ex competetive bodybuilder(so long ago more like todays physique). Never used anything because I may naturally be the most muscular female ever! hahaha! A few things to say to you all.....CHANGE YOUR DIET AT @ 45! If you don't(like me) you will gain fat! Menopausal changes in metabolism, hormones and the bodies ability to handle insulin will get you. That being said I now need help. Part of the problem is genetic, of course, and that I am 4'9". I have gained a good 10lbs mostly in my back and boobs 34dd! Which I hate! Anyway I have been doing 2-3 hrs of varied cardio a day in split seasons. no results! Makes me cry! This 49yr old gym rat can't take much more. i do a typical low carb diet. Any suggestions? I need HELP! Thinking about hormone replacement : minimal amount of estrogen with progestin and a lil test. I can't see replacing the estrogen without the test too! Am I wrong?

sorry soooo long
Please spend some time READING the other threads on this site, particularly the metabolic damage stuff. Not suggesting you have metabolic damage, but all that cardio is USELESS if your goal is weight control. Worse than useless.

Not on this thread but crucial to understand is The Cardio Myth. Per my Coach, Scott Abel, here is an explanation:

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...e-Aerobic-Myth

At your age, an understanding of what's going on is pretty necessary. I get it, as I'm knocking on the door of 44.

Happy reading!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
Old 11-12-2012, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystol88 View Post
Please spend some time READING the other threads on this site, particularly the metabolic damage stuff. Not suggesting you have metabolic damage, but all that cardio is USELESS if your goal is weight control. Worse than useless.

Not on this thread but crucial to understand is The Cardio Myth. Per my Coach, Scott Abel, here is an explanation:

http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...e-Aerobic-Myth

At your age, an understanding of what's going on is pretty necessary. I get it, as I'm knocking on the door of 44.

Happy reading!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
Thanks Crystal.....Believe me I have read a Ton! Thats part of the problem if you know what I mean. Also, let me say that no matter how prepared we are or how much we think we know about our bodies....HA! Just wait!
Old 11-12-2012, 03:15 AM

Ok! I read the article. Makes sense. My goals are to 1) lose some fat 2) stay hard without more muscle!( I grow very easy) and 3) STOP THE FLASHES, CRAVINGS, MOODS, ITCHING, DRYNESS, DEPRESSION, LACK OF MOTIVATION, AGING, hahaha! GIVE ME DRUGS AND LET ME TRAIN THE WAY I LIKE TO. HATE CARDIO NO MATTER HOW MUCH OR WHICH WAY.

let me also say that when I trained seriously(for competition) I always did circuit training within my lifting. I have no patience. Am a get it done girl. It does work.

Metabolic DAMAGE> Well absolutely! i THINK I HAVE A PERMANENT CYCLE GOING ON! i can handle that but not along with the meno stuff. its like some crazy lady moved in over here!
Old 12-12-2012, 03:28 PM
NPC Bodybuilder - Tarna

I love this thread!!!
Old 12-14-2012, 08:52 PM
Bodybuilder - Andrea

Default What is the difference?

What is the difference between hydro, isolate, casein and whey protein? I know they are all good but does it depend on your fitness goal?

Old 12-15-2012, 12:13 AM
IFBB Pro - Amanda Quinlan

Quote:
What is the difference between hydro, isolate, casein and whey protein? I know they are all good but does it depend on your fitness goal?
Hydro whey is a type of whey isolate that is touted as being the highest-quality form of whey protein. It is called hydro when because the protein is hydrolyzed, which is the process of turning intact proteins into peptides. This enables the protein to be absorbed faster and more efficiently by your body.

Whey isolate is the purest form because it contains the highest protein-to-fat/carbohydrate ratio and usually has little, if any, lactose in it. Keep in mind that the only difference between ordinary whey isolate and hydro whey is that hydro whey has gone through the hydrolyzing process.

Hydro whey is the most expensive whey protein, followed by whey isolate and then whey concentrate. Whey isolate is more expensive than whey concentrate because it is purer, and hydro whey is more expensive than whey isolate because it is faster acting. Many athletes argue over the effectiveness of each, claiming that hydro is the most effective and concentrate is the least effective. The fact is, all of them are equally effective. Hydro whey is just digested more quickly and whey concentrate just contains more fat, carbs and lactose. If you are trying to get lean for a competition or you need to recover very quickly from your workouts, it may be worth it to you to spend the extra money on whey isolate or hydro whey. However, if you are just trying to build mass and help your muscles recover after a workout at a normal rate, whey concentrate will get the job done for less money.

Casein protein is a slow-digesting protein. Amino acids are steadily released into the blood stream over the course of more time than whey. Unlike whey protein that peaks absorption in forty minutes, casein protein takes 3-4 hours to reach peak levels in blood amino acids and protein synthesis. The body can continue to absorb casein protein for up to seven hours. Casein protein is your option for bedtime or if you are going to go for long periods of time without food.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:35 AM
Dana

Instagram: fitandglamorous

Wow, Amanda... what an awesome and detailed response. Thanks! (even though I didn't originally ask the question, hehe)
Old 12-15-2012, 11:03 AM
NPC Figure Competitor - Joanne

Default Thank you!

Just want to pop in and say I never knew this thread existed. Wow! I learned so much and just want to thank you all for your knowledge and expertise! I'm in total awe! Another reason why this website is so incredible!
Old 12-15-2012, 07:02 PM
IFBB Pro - Amanda Quinlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitglam View Post
Wow, Amanda... what an awesome and detailed response. Thanks! (even though I didn't originally ask the question, hehe)
I am a BIG nerd on supplementation. I love doing research on ingrediants and compounds! I have worked for several sports nutrition/supplement companies and for a prominent supplement distributor.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:34 PM
Bodybuilder - Andrea

Thank you for that response. So hydro is an upscale version of the whey isolate and serves the same purpose right?