Siouxcountry.com

---

Go Back   Siouxcountry.com > Discussion > Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini News & chat about Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini.

Old 11-30-2009, 05:11 PM
NPC Figure Competitor / INKnBURN.com Rep - Holly

Default So I qualified for a national show, can you share some insight?

I sacrificed my favorite holiday to do the local AZ NPC show on Sat. I guess it paid off because I placed first in my class (bikini).

My intention was to 'retire' after this show because I am running Boston & NY marathons as well as Ironman in 2010.

My friends are urging me to do a national show. This is way out of my realm and I just want to make an educated decision.

Which show do you recommend? Why do I want to compete nationally? What does it mean to have a pro card? I know you can compete for cash but is there any other motivation? Well, aside from obvious bragging rights!

It seems rare that competitors acquire their pro card in their first national show, so really this wouldn't be a one time deal, huh?

Any light you can shed upon this would be greatly appreciated!

Hope you all really enjoyed your thanksgiving! I finally had my saved turkey dinner saturday night!!
Old 11-30-2009, 05:15 PM

BTW, before you jump on the endurance sports and competing dont mix tip, I should share that I am a genetic mutant and I am stuck with the mass I have.

I have tried (yes, I know it sounds messed up) to reduce the mass in my legs to no avail. This is why I have competed, I am learning to embrace my physique and make the best of my genetic makeup.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:31 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Kenyatta

I'm not understanding what exactly it is you're asking? Reason i say that is b/c those are questions that you really need to be able to answer on your own b4 making the decision to compete on the Nat'l level. As far as recommending a show, I think it depends on what you can afford financially and what fits best w/your marathon training.

As for receiving a Pro card on the first time...that's actually becoming quite common in bikini and figure, so you never know!!!

My ability takes me to the top. My character is what keeps me there.

***CHECK OUT MY JOURNAL ***

http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?t=1067
Old 11-30-2009, 06:10 PM

Sorry, guess I should have phrased the questions better?

Im wondering, generally, what is the motivation for other competitors, their personal reasons, etc.... Not for people to convince me to do it.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:17 PM
Administrator
Jason

Facebook: siouxcountryfb
Twitter: siouxcountry
Instagram: siouxcountry

Congrats Holly on your win!

Since you live in Arizona, I recommend the NPC USA Bodybuilding, Figure & Bikini Championships in July.............

http://www.lindsayproductions.com/2010schedule.htm

Only a handful of pro women make money via competing. Most compete because they love to compete.

If you like a challenge, give the National stage a try.

Got a Smartphone? Download Forum Runner to read & post from your phone!
Old 11-30-2009, 07:55 PM
NPC Bodybuilder - Melody

Congrats on your win.

I've only competed at Masters Nationals. I had many reasons to do that show but one reason was that it gave me a really good taste of competition with ladies my age and like always, to bring in a better physique each year. None of my competition goals involved getting a procard, but placing in the top 10 at the national level. That was enough to make me go to Masters a few times and try to do better each time.

I'm with Kenyatta on the scheduling and funds for a show. If you want to compete at a national show, you need to see what works with your schedule for the marathon and Ironman. Sure, your training is different for these athletic/endurance sports, but the end result is still an athletic physique, you'll just have to make sure you're balanced if you compete again in bikini. Only you can make the decision to compete, not your friends. It's great to have their support, but it's all on you and what will make you happy. If you're not feeling it, continue to train for the marathons and the Ironman. That may give you the best satisfaction that you may not get from doing at nat'l show.

Hope you enjoyed that meal on Saturday! Best wishes on whatever you decide to do. Would luv to follow along on your training for the marathons and the Ironman!

Fitness Factory Chica!
Old 11-30-2009, 09:11 PM
Figure Competitor - Joy Randolph Clinkscale

What motivates me is a love for competing and pushing myself to be the best I can possibly be. I don't think anyone has gotten rich off this sport but there are some perks (endorsements, sponsorships, media appearances, etc.). When you really love what you do though, those things are just a bonus and not your sole motivation. Whatever you decide, do it because YOU want to and love it

Joy Randolph Clinkscale
Figure Competitor/Coach
CEO/Founder Fitfully Made & Fitfully Made Boutique
Old 12-01-2009, 02:18 PM

Thank you so much for the info!

Sioux - I checked out the NPC USA site. That actually works perfectly - it's close to me, wont interfere with my spring & fall races, and it's 2 days after my birthday!

I want to say I sincerely hope I didn't offend anyone with my questions. I just never really thought about competing beyond a local venue before.

Im still learning, please forgive me if my questions are a bit obtuse.