Siouxcountry.com

Old 12-09-2009, 03:40 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Stacy Reese

Question Traveling to Compete

When traveling to a competition out of your state, do you find FLYING changes your "look"? I think I remember reading somewhere on this site that some of you have noticed water retention or other changes in your appearance. What are some of your experiences?
Old 12-09-2009, 03:42 PM
IFBB Pro - Stacy Wright

I know Kayde talked about some of this with her trip to Italy. Hopefully she'll chime in and help you out some

"The road to success is not straight. There is a curve called failure, a loop called confusion, speed bumps called friends, red lights called enemies, caution lights called family. You will have flats called jobs. But if you have a spare called determination, an engine called perseverance, insurance called faith, a driver called JESUS, you will make it to a place called Success!"

My Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stacy-...444854?ref=sgm

"NEVER bend your head. ALWAYS hold it high. Look the world straight in the face"

Old 12-09-2009, 05:34 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - LaToya

This was my first year flying for competition but I already knew from experience that my body will very easily retain water while traveling (or any other time for that matter). The biggest thing for me is to keep drinking water. I usually empty my water bottle once I get to the airport and refill it at a water fountain once I'm through the security checkpoint. I also try to fly as early as possible to allow my body time to settle once I'm there.

Come check me out-
www.toyabelle.blogspot.com
Old 12-09-2009, 11:50 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Ginny

Quote:
Originally Posted by shena View Post
T The biggest thing for me is to keep drinking water.
This! I don't deplete water anymore anyway so I hydrate, hydrate, hydrate on flights. It's helped a lot. I also try to get up and move around the cabin if I can to prevent swelling. Once I get to my destination I get my feet up and keep the water going.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:01 PM
IFBB Pro - Meredith Berthelson

I usually don't notice too much. I also drink LOTS of water and when I get to the hotel I put my legs up on a stack of pillows.

Use the code: Meredith and receive 10% off your order at Dream Tan
Old 12-10-2009, 04:06 PM
NPC Bodybuilder - Suzanne Germano

I find i may hold a little other times i looked itghter after flight - go figure

but after i fly i will do short session of covered cardio on treadmill just to sweat that extra off
Old 12-10-2009, 05:24 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Denise

I've had to fly to get to all of my competitions so I guess I can't really say whether or not flying changed my "look", obviously I have nothing to compare it to....BUT like others have reported, I stay hydrated on the plane and haven't had any problems with retaining water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Lil Dynamo View Post
When traveling to a competition out of your state, do you find FLYING changes your "look"? I think I remember reading somewhere on this site that some of you have noticed water retention or other changes in your appearance. What are some of your experiences?

Old 12-10-2009, 05:43 PM
IFBB Pro - Helle Nielsen

I used to fly up to 16hours when I was competing in the States. I felt that a long flight like that didn't suit my body very well. Whatever shape I've been in I felt that the flying enhanced it. So if I was a little watery I got more watery. If I was dehydrated I dehydrated more. Kinda weird.

http://hellenielsen.com/blog/
Old 12-11-2009, 04:15 AM
IFBB Pro - Kayde Puckett

Twitter: KaydePuckett

Flying to Italy for a show was definitely not good for my body. I looked great when I stepped on the plane! Lol!

STAY HYDRATED! Linda Wood-Hoyte (the IFBB judge and the coach for Team USA) stressed this over and over to us in the weeks leading up to leaving for Worlds. She has had athletes that didn't listen and they were a balloon by the time they stepped onstage in Europe. You have to remember though that I'm talking 20 hours of travel time. If we're talking an hour or two of flying, don't worry too much about it. Just be prepared, don't eat any food in the airport or on the plane that you didn't prepare yourself, and don't stress!
Old 12-11-2009, 08:53 AM
NPC Figure Competitor - Stacy Reese

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkokayde View Post
Flying to Italy for a show was definitely not good for my body. I looked great when I stepped on the plane! Lol!

STAY HYDRATED! Linda Wood-Hoyte (the IFBB judge and the coach for Team USA) stressed this over and over to us in the weeks leading up to leaving for Worlds. She has had athletes that didn't listen and they were a balloon by the time they stepped onstage in Europe. You have to remember though that I'm talking 20 hours of travel time. If we're talking an hour or two of flying, don't worry too much about it. Just be prepared, don't eat any food in the airport or on the plane that you didn't prepare yourself, and don't stress!
Thanks Kayde! I def WONT be flying for 20 hrs! Although it would be freakin' awesome to earn a spot at Worlds......ahhhhh in my dreams