Siouxcountry.com

---

Go Back   Siouxcountry.com > Discussion > Training & Nutrition > Recipes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Recipes Share your favorites recipes with others.

Old 05-02-2008, 12:03 AM
NPC Bodybuilder - Melody

Default Hungrygirl.com for ideas

Hi all! This site has a lot of great info. on nutrition and they post "healthier" alternatives to the many, sinful sweets we love. Here is an example of some recipes. Sign up is free...Enjoy

Chocolate cupcakes:
Ingredients:
2 cups moist-style chocolate cake mix (half of an 18.25-oz. box)
Two 25-calorie packets diet hot cocoa mix
1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
2 tbsp. semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
1 tsp. Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated)
1/8 tsp. salt

Directions:
Place chocolate chips and the contents of both cocoa packets in a tall glass. Add 12 ounces of boiling water, and stir until chips and cocoa mix have dissolved. Place glass in the freezer to chill for 25 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Onc e cocoa has chilled, give it a stir, and mix with all other ingredients in a mixing bowl. Whip batter with a whisk or fork for 2 minutes. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray, or line it with baking cups. Evenly spoon batter (which will be thin, but don't worry, your cupcakes will puff up!) into the pan. Place pan in the oven, and bake for 15 minutes. Cupcakes will look shiny when done. MAKES 12 SERVINGS

Serving Size: 1 cupcake
Calories: 108
Fat: 2.5g
Sodium: 239mg
Carbs: 19g
Fiber: 1g
Sugars: 12g
Protein: 2g

Strawberry Cloud instead of a Starbucks' Strawberries & Crème Frappuccino Blended Crème.

PER SERVING (entire recipe): 119 calories, 1g fat, 102mg sodium, 21g carbs, 2g fiber, 14g sugars, 4g protein -- POINTS® value 2*

Ingredients:
2/3 cup frozen strawberries (plain -- NOT in syrup!)
5 oz. light vanilla soymilk
2 tsp. Fat Free French Vanilla Coffee-mate powder (dissolved in a n oz. of warm water)
1 oz. Torani Sugar Free Strawberry Syrup
3 no-calorie sweetener packets (like Splenda)
3 large ice cubes
2 tbsp. Fat Free Reddi-wip

Directions:
Place all of the ingredients in a blender, except for the Reddi-wip. Blend on high speed for 30 - 45 seconds. Pour, and top with the Reddi-wip.

Strawberrylicious!

Cake Superior! - Alternative to Carrot Cake!!
Carrot cake rules. It's thick, sweet, delicious and slathered in cream cheese frosting. Mmmmmm! But since the nutritional stats on the average carrot cake are pretty horrendous, we decided to create our own guilt-free version. We made ours as cupcakes, 'cuz cupcakes are cute, fun, and, best of all, portion-controlled (it's too easy to cut yourself sliver after sliver with a full cake). But if you want, you can easily whip up a classic cake with this recipe -- just add 10 minutes to the cooking time. Here it is now...

Ingredients:

For cupcakes:
1 1/2 cups shredded carrots, roughly chopped if shreds are long
1 cup (1/4th of box) Pillsbury Moist Supreme Reduced Sugar Cake Mix, Classic Yellow
3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
3/4 cup canned pure pumpkin
2/3 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
2/3 cup canned crushed pineapple in juice (not drained)
2/3 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated)
1/4 cup raisins (not packed)
2 tbsp. brown sugar (not packed)
1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking powder

For frosting:
4 oz. fat-free cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup Fage Total 0% Greek Yogurt (or another thick, plain fat-free yogurt)
2/3 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated)
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine all dry cupcake ingredients except for the carrots and raisins (in other words -- cake mix, flour, Splenda, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and baking powder). Mix well and set aside. In a large bowl, mix together pumpkin, egg substitute, and 1/4 c up water until blended. Add the contents of the medium bowl to the large bowl. Using a wire whisk or fork, blend until just mixed. Then, stir in the carrots, pineapple, and raisins. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick spray. Evenly distribute cake mixture among the cups, and place in the oven to cook for 20 - 25 minutes (until a toothpick poked into the center of one comes out clean). While the cupcakes cook, combine all the frosting ingredients in a small bowl. Using a whisk or fork, blend until smooth. Place frosting in the fridge to chill. Once cupcakes are fully cooked, remove the pan from the oven and allow to cool completely. Then plate cupcakes, and spread frosting evenly over tops. Refrigerate until frosting has set and you're ready to serve. Enjoy!!! MAKES 12 SERVINGS

Serving Size: 1 frosted cupcake
Calories: 130
Fat: 1g
Sodium: 205mg
Carbs: 26g
Fiber: 2.5g
Sugars: 10g
Protein: 5g

Fitness Factory Chica!
Old 05-13-2008, 11:07 PM
NPC Bodybuilder - Melody

HG's Super-Duper Strawberry Shortcake

Short 'n Sweet!
Strawberries + pound cake + ice cream = good times. Add a little whipped cream and strawberry sauce, and you have a head-explodingly-good dessert. Check it out (and no, your cranium will not actually blow up... so no worries, people).

Ingredients:
1 shortcake dessert shell (like a Hostess Shortcake Dessert Cup)
1/3 cup sliced strawberries
1/3 cup Breyers Double Churn Free fat-free ice cream, Creamy Vanilla
1 tbsp. Smucker's Sugar Free Strawberry Preserves

Directions:
Mix the preserves with 1/2 tbsp. of hot water to make a strawberry sauce, and then set aside. Place about one-third of the sliced strawberries in the center of the shortc ake. Top with the ice cream. Then, place another third of the strawberries on top of the ice cream (or if you want to be all fancy, press them into the ice cream). Drizzle the strawberry syrup over the top. Then squirt your dessert with the Reddi-wip, and top with the remaining strawberries (again, feel free to be fancy and place them prettily around the whipped topping). Enjoy! MAKES 1 SERVING

Serving Size: 1 shortcake with ice cream (entire recipe)
Calories: 190
Fat: 2g
Sodium: 180mg
Carbs: 42g
Fiber: 3g
Sugars: 22g
Protein: 4g

POINTS® value 3*

Fitness Factory Chica!
Old 05-14-2008, 01:37 PM
IFBB Pro - Kira Neuman

Facebook: Kira Neuman

Hey girl! Thanks for posting about this site. It is so great! I tried one recipe from there which was tofu noodles and a special healthy alfredo sauce! It was amazing! Great post girl!
Old 05-14-2008, 01:42 PM
Trish

Default Thank you

Thanks for sharing. I love recipes....
Old 05-14-2008, 01:46 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Danielle

Mel, what the hell?! Why weren't you posting this a few weeks ago? Now I can't try anything and my mouth is watering reading this, and every day Chris asks me when I'm making brownies again. ARGHHH!!! LOL
Old 05-14-2008, 03:54 PM
NPC Bodybuilder - Melody

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellie0703 View Post
Mel, what the hell?! Why weren't you posting this a few weeks ago? Now I can't try anything and my mouth is watering reading this, and every day Chris asks me when I'm making brownies again. ARGHHH!!! LOL
LOL I'm sorry girl. Copy, paste and save them. I've saved like over 200 of their emails I get every day. Hmmm, maybe you can make one of these as part of a cheat...you still get one, so...

Fitness Factory Chica!
Old 05-14-2008, 04:36 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Danielle

I still get cheats for now, but last season I didn't have a cheat AT ALL my entire prep. Damn Mike!! He better give me one this time around.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:46 PM
IFBB Pro - Shelly Albetta

great recipes Mel!! My Mom told me about this site she makes yummy stuff from it all the time!!!

Old 05-14-2008, 11:03 PM
NPC Bodybuilder - Melody

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellie0703 View Post
I still get cheats for now, but last season I didn't have a cheat AT ALL my entire prep. Damn Mike!! He better give me one this time around.
While you still get the cheats, make one of these yummy treats and let me know how it turned out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPCFigureTwins-Shelly View Post
great recipes Mel!! My Mom told me about this site she makes yummy stuff from it all the time!!!
I love reading my daily mail from them. Especially when they post the nutritional contents of foods that the rest of the populations eats and when they give the "healthier" recipe for a great dish, like the ones I've posted.

Enjoy everyone.

Fitness Factory Chica!
Old 05-26-2008, 12:58 AM
NPC Bodybuilder - Melody

Quesadilla Yee-Haa!
This is no ordinary plate of greens, peeps. It's got cheesy quesadilla triangles, fajita chicken strips, and a whole lot more. Check out our guilt-free answer to the infamous Quesadilla Explosion Salad at Chili's...

Ingredients:

For Quesadilla:
1 La Tortilla Factory Whole Wheat Low-Carb/Low-Fat Tortilla (sometimes labeled Smart & Delicious Low Carb High Fiber), Original/Soft Taco size (NOT Large)
1/4 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese

For Salad:
3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
3 oz. cooked boneless skinless lean chicken breast, cut into strips
1/4 cup diced tomatoes
2 tbsp. canned s weet corn kernels, drained
1 tbsp. canned black beans, rinsed
1 tsp. fajita seasoning mix, dry
Optional: fresh cilantro

For Dressing:
3 tbsp. fat-free balsamic vinaigrette
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. lime juice
1/2 no-calorie sweetener packet (like Splenda)

Directions:
Begin by mixing together the fajita seasoning mix and 2 tsp. water. Toss the chicken in this mixture, and set aside. To make the quesadilla, place tortilla in a pan sprayed lightly with nonstick spray. Sprinkle cheese evenly over one half of the tortilla, and then bring the pan to medium heat. Once cheese begins to melt, use a spatula to fold the plain half of the tortilla over the cheese-topped half, and then press down with the spatula to seal. Flip quesadilla and continue to cook and press until the entire quesadilla is hot and toasty. Set aside. Build your salad by layering the lettuce, tomatoes, corn, and black beans. Top with the chicken (heating it first, if you like). Cut the quesadilla into triangles, and place them around your salad. Then combine all of the dressing ingredients with 1 tsp. water, mix well, and serve on the side. If you like, garnish salad with cilantro. Enjoy! MAKES 1 SERVING

Serving Size: 1 salad with 2 oz. dressing (entire recipe)
Calories: 308
Fat: 4g
Sodium: 1,290mg (WOW that's a lot)
Carbs: 33g
Fiber: 11.5g
Sugars: 9g
Protein: 42g

Fitness Factory Chica!
Old 05-26-2008, 01:12 AM
NPC Bodybuilder - Melody

Ok, yes, I'm thinking about food LOL. Someone is BBQing in their backyard and the smell is driving my nuts....drinking plenty of water to fill me up...

Enjoy these if anyone tries them...

Love cheeseburgers and pizza but not the crazy amounts of fat and calories that come along with 'em? Check out HG's super-delicious (and totally guilt-free!) JUNK FOOD WRAPS!!!

The Cheeseburger Chomp

PER SERVING (entire wrap): 193 calories, 3.5g fat, 864mg sodium, 29g carbs, 17g fiber, 4g sugars, 27g protein -- POINTS® value 3*

Who needs a silly bun when you've got a ROCKIN' high-fiber tortilla? This burger-ific wrap rules!

Ingredients:
1 La Tortilla Factory Whole Wheat Low-Carb/Low-Fat Tortilla, Large (sometimes labeled Smart & Delicious Low Carb High Fiber)
1 Boca Meatless Burger, Original
1 slice fat-free cheddar cheese
3 slices tomato
1/3 cup shredded lettuce
Optional: sliced onions, pickles, ketchup, mustard, fat-free mayonnaise

Directions:
Prepare Boca patty according to package directions (in a pan with nonstick spray, or in the microwave).

Top patty with cheese slice. Microwave for 20 seconds, or until cheese melts. Set aside.

Place tortilla on a plate, and warm it slightly in the microwave. Place lettuce in the center of the tortilla, and top with tomato slices.

Chop cheese-topped patty into bite-sized pieces, and then arrange on top of the lettuce and tomato. If you like, top with any (or all!) of the optional guilt-free burger toppings.

Wrap tortilla up by folding in the sides first, and then rolling it up tightly from the bottom. Enjoy! MAKES 1 SERVING

HG's Ultimate Supreme Pizza Pocket

PER SERVING (entire wrap): 220 calories, 5g fat, 1,242mg sodium, 30g carbs, 14g fiber, 5g sugars, 26g protein -- POINTS® value 4*

This is the stuff dreams are made of. OK, weird dreams, but still -- a meaty, guilt-free pizza wrap is something to get excited about!

Ingredients:
1 La Tortilla Factory Whole Wheat Low-Carb/Low-Fat Tortilla, Large (sometimes labeled Smart & D elicious Low Carb High Fiber)
1/3 cup shredded fat-free mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup sliced red and green bell peppers
1/4 cup sliced onions
1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
1/4 cup canned tomato sauce w/ Italian seasonings (such as Hunt's Tomatoes Sauce with Basil, Garlic & Oregano)
3 tbsp. frozen sausage-style or ground-beef-style soy crumbles (like Morningstar Farms Meal Starters Recipe Crumbles or Boca Meatless Ground Burger)
5 bite-sized pieces turkey or soy pepperoni (like Hormel Turkey Pepperoni or Yves Meatless Pepperoni)

Directions:
Begin by toasting tortilla very slightly (it should still be foldable), either in a toaster oven or a conventional oven set at a high temperature. (This will keep your wrap from getting soggy.) Set aside.

In a pan sprayed with nonstick spray, cook peppers and onions over medium-high heat until they begin to brown (about 2 minutes). Add mushrooms, stir, and cook for 1 more minute. Then add soy crumbles, and continue stirring and cooking until veggies are cooked and soy crumbles are thawed and heated (about 1 minute longer). Remove from heat, and set aside.

Lay tortilla out on a microwave-safe plate. Spread the tomato sauce evenly over the tortilla, staying about 1 inch away from the perimeter. Sprinkle cheese over the sauce, and then top with the pepperoni slices. Heat plate in the microwave for about 30 seconds, until cheese is slightly melted. Place veggie/soy crumble m ixture in the center of the tortilla.

Then, wrap up the tortilla by first folding in the sides and then rolling it up tightly from the bottom. Enjoy!

MAKES 1 SERVING

HG Alternative! Can't find the soy crumbles (or simply don't like 'em)? Just double the amount of pepperoni in the recipe -- the stats will be almost the same, and the POINTS® value* won't even change! And remember, you can always save oodles of sodium by using no-salt-added tomato sauce and spicing it up yourself.

Fitness Factory Chica!
Old 05-26-2008, 02:56 AM
OCB Figure Competitor - Jen

I am SO behind in my HG emails but I do love getting ideas from them.....that burger wrap sounds yummy!

To cook is to create, and to create well is an act of integrity....and faith.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:36 AM
NPC Bodybuilder - Melody

Their receipes always look good, however, I haven't tried any of them. I'll post some that look good often for anyone to give it a show. Yum, yes, the last two above sounds yummy....

Fitness Factory Chica!
Old 06-30-2008, 11:27 AM
IFBB Pro - Melody Clere

Very cool thread. Too bad I got another 10 weeks before I can try any of this stuff. But I will save the website to my favs so I don't forget about it.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:56 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Heather

This is one of my absolute FAVES!

Peanut Butter "Fudge"

Ingredients:
2 cups canned pure pumpkin (small can)
1 box Betty Crocker Fudge Brownies Mix (the 18.3-oz. Family Size box)
2 tbsp. Better ‘n Peanut Butter, room temperature

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine pumpkin with the brownie mix in a large bowl; stir until smooth (do not add anything else). Spray a small baking pan (8" X 8" work best - no larger!) with nonstick cooking spray and pour in the mixture. Spoon 2 tbsp. of Better ‘n Peanut Butter (room temperature) on top and use a knife to swirl peanut butter around. Cook for approximately 35 minutes. The batter will remain very thick and fudgy, and it should look undercooked. Remove from oven. Cover with aluminum foil and let cool in fridge for a couple of hours. Cut into 36 squares and serve.

Serving Size: 1 piece (approx. 1.3 oz.)
Calories: 63
Fat: 1g
Sodium: 56mg
Carbs: 13.5g
Fiber: 1g
Sugars: 9g
Protein: 1g
Old 07-02-2008, 03:18 AM
NPC Bodybuilder - Melody

Yum. That one sounds good. I need to try that one too.

Fitness Factory Chica!
Old 07-21-2008, 08:53 PM
NPC Bodybuilder - Melody

Just Fruit Me! (for those hot, humid days/nights)
Want a large-and-in-charge fruity frozen beverage without all those annoying extra calories and sugar grams? Duh, of course you do! Check out the latest guilt-free HG sensation...

Ingredients:
1 cup frozen unsweetened strawberries
1/2 cup frozen unsweetened blueberries
1/2 tsp. Crystal Light Classic Orange Sunrise powdered drink mix (half an On The Go packet or 1/8th of a tub)
1 no-calorie sweetener packet

Directions:
Place frozen fruit in the blender and allow it to thaw slightly (about a minute or two). Meanwhile, dissolve powdered drink mix and sweetener in 10 oz. of cold water. Stir well, and then pour drink mixture over the fruit in the blender. Blend at medium-high speed until thoroughly mixed. If blending slows, stop blender, stir mixture, and blend again. Pour into a tall glass and enjoy! MAKES 1 SERVING

Serving Size: 16 oz. (entire recipe)
Calories: 101
Fat: 0.5g
Sodium: 4mg
Carbs: 24g
Fiber: 5g
Sugars: 13g
Protein: 1g

Fitness Factory Chica!
Old 07-21-2008, 08:55 PM
NPC Bodybuilder - Melody

Default For the Ice Cream Lover

OK, these aren't recipes, but a caloris breakdown on some healthier choices...ENJOY!

Chill Out!

Breyers Double Churn Free Fat Free Ice Cream - all flavors except Chocolate Cookies & Cream
(1/2 cup = 90 - 110 calories, 0g fat, 20 - 25g carbs, 3 - 4g fiber)

The Skinny Cow Skinny Dippers
(1 bar = 80 calories, 3g fat, 11g carbs, 2g fiber)

The Skinny Cow Mini Fudge Bars
(1 bar = 50 calories, 1g fat, 19g carbs, 0.5g fiber)

The Skinny Cow Low Fat Fudge Bars
(1 bar = 100 calories, 1g fat, 22g carbs, 4g fiber)

Weight Watchers GIANT Ice Cream Bars - Latte and Chocolate Fudge
(1 bar = 90 - 110 calories, 1g fat, 21 - 25g carbs, 4 - 5g fiber)

Weight Watchers Chocolate Mousse Ice Cream Bars
(1 bar = 60 cals, 0.5g fat, 14g carbs, 3g fibe r)

Weight Watchers Strawberry, Key Lime and Passion Fruit Sherbet and Ice Cream Bars
(1 bar = 60 calories, 0.5g fat, 13g carbs, <1g fiber)

Healthy Choice Fudge Bars
(1 bar = 80 calories, 1g fat, 13g carbs, 4g fiber)

Fudgsicle Fat Free Fudge Bars
(1 bar = 60 calories, 0g fat, 13g carbs, 1g fiber)

Fudgsicle No Sugar Added Fudge Bars
(1 bar = 40 calories, 1g fat, 10g carbs, 2g fiber)

Sugar Free Popsicles
(1 pop = 15 - 20 calories, 0g fat, 3 - 4g carbs, 0g fiber)

No Sugar Added Creamsicles
(1 pop = 25 calories, 0g fat, 10g carbs, 1g fiber)

Blue Bunny FrozFruit Bars - Chunky Strawberry, Superfruit Raspberry Acai, and Chunky Tropical
(1 bar = 60 - 70 calories, 0g fat, 15 - 18g carbs, <1g fiber)

Blue Bunny No Sugar Adde d FrozFruit Bars - Chunky Strawberry
(1 bar = 35 calories, 0g fat, 15g carbs, 3g fiber)

Blue Bunny Sugar Free Bomb Pops
(1 pop = 25 calories, 0g fat, 8g carbs, 2g fiber)

Fruitfull Juice Bars - Watermelon, Guava, Strawberry, Raspberry, and Fuzzy Navel
(1 bar = 60 - 70 calories, 0g fat, 13 - 18g carbs, 0g fiber)

Dreyer's/Edy's Snack Size Fruit Bars
(1 bar = 45 - 50 calories, 0 - 0.5g fat, 9 - 13g carbs, 0g fiber)

Dreyer's/Edy's No Sugar Added Fruit Bars
(1 bar = 30 calories, 0g fat, 8g carbs, 1g fiber)

Sugar Free Popsicles, No Sugar Added Creamsicles, Fudgsicle No Sugar Added Fudge Bars, Blue Bunny No Sugar Added FrozFruit Bars in Chunky Strawberry, Blue Bunny Sugar Free Bomb Pops, and Dreyer's/Edy's No Sugar Added Fruit Bars all have a POINTS® value of 0* per pop/bar. Hooray!

Fitness Factory Chica!
Old 07-29-2008, 01:55 AM
NPC Bodybuilder - Melody

Default Don't hate me for posting but....

these sound YUMMY!!!

Gimme S'more Sundae

PER SERVING (entire sundae): 175 calories, 2g fat, 109mg sodium, 38.5g carbs, 4g fiber, 24g sugars, 3.5g protein -- POINTS® value 3*

S'mores and ice cream?!? Prepare yourself for chocolatey graham-tastic marshmallow mania!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup Breyers Double Churn Free French Chocolate fat-free ice cream
2 tbsp. Jet-Puffed Marshmallow Creme (only 1 tbsp. will actually end up on your sundae), room temperature
2 low-fat honey graham crackers (half a sheet), lightly crushed
1 tsp. min i semi-sweet chocolate chips
4 tbsp. Fat Free Reddi-wip

Directions:
Place ice cream in a dessert bowl. Set aside. Carefully place marshmallow creme into one of the bottom corners of a Ziploc baggie. Use scissors to snip a tiny hole from the outside end of that corner, and squeeze 1 tbsp. of the creme (the rest will stick to the bag!) over your ice cream in a drizzle. Then top with the graham cracker pieces and chocolate chips. Finish it all off with a generous squirt of the Reddi-wip. Enjoy!

MAKES 1 SERVING

HG Tip! If your marshmallow creme is less-than-fresh or fridge temperature, warm creme in the microwave for about 10 - 15 seconds (just long enough to soften it).

Pumpkin Pie Sundae

PER SERVING (entire sundae): 136 calories, 1g fat, 98mg sodium, 30g carbs, 3.5g fiber, 16.5g sugars, 3.5g protein -- POINTS® value 2*

It's no-guilt frozen pumpkin pie in a bowl... WOOHOO!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup Breyers Double Churn Free Creamy Vanilla fat-free ice cream
1 tbsp. canned pure pumpkin
1/8 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
2 low-fat honey graham crackers (half a sheet), lightly crushed
4 tbsp. Fat Free Reddi-wip

Directions:
Place ice cream in a small dessert bowl, and allow it to thaw just slightly (a few minutes). Then stir in the pump kin and pumpkin pie spice until thoroughly mixed. Place bowl in the freezer for 30 minutes to allow the ice cream to firm up. Then top with the Redd-wip, followed by the crushed graham crackers. Enjoy!

MAKES 1 SERVING

HG Style Hot Fudge 'n Brownie Sundae

PER SERVING (entire sundae): 190 calories, 2g fat, 116mg sodium, 41g carbs, 4.5g fiber, 27g sugars, 4g protein -- POINTS® value 3*

Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate... and MORE chocolate. AHHHHHHHH!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup Breyers Double Churn Free French Chocolate fat-free ice cream
1 tbsp. traditional fudge brownie mix
2 tsp. Hershey's Lite chocolate syrup
1 tsp. mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 tsp. fat-free liquid egg sub stitute (like Original Egg Beaters)

Directions:
Place brownie mix in a small microwave-safe dish (like a ramekin). Add egg substitute and 1/2 tsp. water, and mix well. Microwave for 45 seconds, and then let sit for 5 minutes. Then, use a fork to break it up and crumble into brownie bits (use your fingers, too -- just make sure your hands are clean!). Place ice cream in a dessert dish, and top with brownie bits. Set aside.

Place chocolate chips in a small microwave-safe dish, and cover with syrup. Microwave for 45 seconds, and then mix well. Pour sauce over the brownie bits and ice cream. Dig in!!!

MAKES 1 SERVING

HG Tip! Wondering what to do with the rest of your brownie mix? Make single-serving brownies by thoroughly mixing 2 tbsp. brownie mix with 1 tsp. fat-free liquid egg substitute and 1 tsp. water in a sma ll dish and then microwaving for 1 minute. Let sit for 5 minutes, and then consume immediately! Your treat will contain around 106 calories, 2g fat, 22g carbs, and 1g fiber (POINTS® value 2*).

Fitness Factory Chica!
Old 07-30-2008, 08:33 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Ginny

Officially off-season, I'm starting to explore some new recipes. These look awesome! Does anyone have the cookbook? Is it worth picking up? I'm sort of a tactile person and like having the book to flip through and get ideas, marking the one's I like, making notes in the margins for substitutions, etc. Pros? Cons?