Siouxcountry.com

---

Go Back   Siouxcountry.com > Discussion > Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini News & chat about Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini.

Old 03-14-2010, 09:02 AM

Default Novice comps for a Newbie 2010

Hey everyone, glad to be part of the environment. I'm currently training for my first fitness competition, Ms Fitness in July Vancouver BC. Since I will be in good form I'm wondering which Novice events near Vancouver are taking place, does anyone know? I'm very overwhelmed with all the websites that Ive visited (CBBF, BCBBAA) there is just SO much info to take in; none of the events advertise themselves as "Novice". How am I supposed to know which events these are? Would the BC provincials be a Novice event? I'm looking to compete no earlier than July 1st. Any help would be great. Thanks
Old 03-16-2010, 06:01 PM
CBBF Bodybuilder - Colleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolita View Post
Hey everyone, glad to be part of the environment. I'm currently training for my first fitness competition, Ms Fitness in July Vancouver BC. Since I will be in good form I'm wondering which Novice events near Vancouver are taking place, does anyone know? I'm very overwhelmed with all the websites that Ive visited (CBBF, BCBBAA) there is just SO much info to take in; none of the events advertise themselves as "Novice". How am I supposed to know which events these are? Would the BC provincials be a Novice event? I'm looking to compete no earlier than July 1st. Any help would be great. Thanks
There are 3 BCABBA novice shows the Western Canadians, Fort St. John and Sandra Wickham Fall Classic, in order to compete in the BC Provincials show you have to qualify for it by placing in the top 3 for either of those novice shows. The BCABBA website will have the dates for when and where these shows are located. hope that helps.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:37 PM
Lori Mork - TEAM ENERGY - Competition Prep Coach

what organization is Ms Fitness in Vancouver in July?? never heard of it???

good luck with your prep and welcome!!!
Old 03-19-2010, 07:38 AM

Thanks for the replies! I thought the Sandra Wicham was a novice, but with all these new terms I just wanted to make sure I was reading the website correctly! Ms Fitness is the Wally Boycko competition: the one in Vancouver is a qualifier for the televised national competition on ESPN. More info is available at www.msfitness.com
Old 03-19-2010, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolita View Post
Thanks for the replies! I thought the Sandra Wicham was a novice, but with all these new terms I just wanted to make sure I was reading the website correctly! [/url]

Ms Fitness is the Wally Boycko competition: the one in Vancouver is a qualifier for the televised national competition on ESPN. More info is available at [url]www.msfitness.com
Old 03-19-2010, 07:40 AM

Ms Fitness is the Wally Boycko competition: the one in Vancouver is a qualifier for the televised national competition on ESPN. More info is available at www.msfitness.com
Old 03-19-2010, 12:48 PM
Lori Mork - TEAM ENERGY - Competition Prep Coach

OMG, in the 80's (yes, dating myself) I competing in the Wally Boyko comps --- awesome!!!

Sandra Wickham Fall CLassic in november IS a novice show... you compete there and if you get top 3 you qualify for BC provincials in 2011 - probably july. From provincials, top 3 can go on to CBBF Canadian Nationals - with a chance for pro card with IFBB.

it is a great show!!!!!!!! BCABBA is the org - a great organization!!!!!

good luck with your prep!!!
Old 03-19-2010, 02:01 PM
Erin

Cool! I love watching the fitness shows on TV. There's lots of great shows in BC, you will have a good time!