Siouxcountry.com

---

Go Back   Siouxcountry.com > Discussion > Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini News & chat about Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini.

Old 06-05-2010, 10:58 AM
UFE Figure Competitor - Christine

Thumbs up Good luck, ShawnCarla!! (and me too, hehe)

Pre-judging starts in 3 hours for me! Good luck to you girl, rock that stage!
Old 06-05-2010, 10:59 AM
IFBB Pro - Shelly Albetta

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-05-2010, 11:45 AM
NPC Figure Competitor - Amanda

Good luck girls!!!
Old 06-05-2010, 12:35 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Tymikia

Twitter: @TightNTone
Default go get em...

Good luck ladies. Keep us posted
Old 06-05-2010, 01:09 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Venetta

good luck!!!
Old 06-05-2010, 01:23 PM
NPC Fitness Competitor - Sandra

Good luck!

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sandra...15579921807944
Old 06-05-2010, 01:58 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Tanya

Twitter: Fit_Tanya

Good luck!!
Old 06-05-2010, 02:36 PM
Administrator
Jason

Facebook: siouxcountryfb
Twitter: siouxcountry
Instagram: siouxcountry

Good luck Shawn & Christine! Quite a few members are competing today across the Continent. Good luck to all!

Got a Smartphone? Download Forum Runner to read & post from your phone!
Old 06-05-2010, 03:38 PM
Bikini Competitor - Kristine

Good Luck!
Old 06-05-2010, 06:36 PM
Photographer - Ana Frias

Good luck all! Can't wait to see your pics!
Old 06-05-2010, 06:41 PM
IFBB Pro - Shawn Hektor

thank u girl...and everyone...for the good luck. and good luck to you too!
prejudging ended a couple hours ago and let me tell you, this is the toughest and biggest competition i've ever seen... 15 girls in my class...there r 4 classes and each one is just as big. plus the majority of the girls in my class have all competed nationally and at least 5 of them in my class alone are going to jr nationals too. so yeah... crazy tough competition! i was in second call outs so i'm assuming i'm not in top 5...but the two different call outs were two totaly different types of physiques. first call outs all the girls were super hard and shreded while in second all of us were a bit softer...which is what i thought they were going for now. i dunno...it's confused me a bit cuz i personally thought i brought the best package i ever have. who knows! i'm gonna get my critiques later and find out what i'm doing right and what i need to improve upon... and i'm sure jr nationals will be judged totaly different! sometim

‎"Just because you get the puppy dog with the biggest feet doesn't mean he'll grow up to be the best hunting dog," -Nick Saban

Twitter: @ShawnCarla
Old 06-05-2010, 06:46 PM
IFBB Pro - Shawn Hektor

my last post got cut off for some reason...was just gonna say that sometimes this sport is so freakn confusing!

‎"Just because you get the puppy dog with the biggest feet doesn't mean he'll grow up to be the best hunting dog," -Nick Saban

Old 06-05-2010, 07:01 PM

Default hey chick...

Thanks for psoting in between am and pm show....I bet you look AWESOME! make sure you get lots of pictures...15 in your class WOW that's a lot...sending you many blessings for your evening show!!!
Old 06-05-2010, 07:33 PM
IFBB Pro - Shawn Hektor

typing on here inbetween gives me something to do! lol...all on my phone btw so sorry for the typo's!
there will be plenty of ics as bodybuilding.com is covering it. though because it's so big we didn't even get to do individual poses which kinda sucked!
this is a regional show...a step inbetween a state show and a national show...so the competition is stiffer then most. each one of the ladies in my class..and the others...looked phenominal. i was surprised at the call outs even taking myself out of the equation. even my boyfriend..who never sugar coats it... said that according to what we thought the were looking for, the call outs should have been flip flopped. but that's why i dont take these things personaly...one day they love you one day they don't! it's all good! and just gives me more motivation to go out there and prove em wrong! lol

Old 06-05-2010, 09:08 PM
FitGems Founder

Facebook: fitgemsnation
Twitter: FitGemsNation
Instagram: fitgemsnation

Regardless with what you place, Shawn, as long as YOU are happy with what you bring on stage, that's what's most important.

Enjoy the show!

Fitness Athletes Network: Site - Blog - Facebook Fan Page -
Twitter
Old 06-05-2010, 09:14 PM
NPC Physique Competitor- Ila

Facebook: ila.reed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cray17 View Post
Regardless with what you place, Shawn, as long as YOU are happy with what you bring on stage, that's what's most important.

Enjoy the show!
^^ this!

This was my the BEST thing I learned last year. Be happy with the package you brought first and foremorst. If you did everything you could possibly do to get it, then no matter the results you will be satisfied and at least happy with yourself. This sport is too subjective, too NOT start with that.

Rock it, Shawn! It's not over til it's over!

‎"If you don't have confidence, you'll always find a way not to win." ~Carl Lewis
Old 06-05-2010, 09:19 PM
IFBB Pro - Shawn Hektor

oh i am! and i'm very happy with my physique right now so i'm not really worried about my placement. my real goal is to get on that national stage...which i'll be doing for the first time in two weeks so i've already won! this show has been a lot of fun and the girls are all super cool... i'm getting tips from them too since so many of them have been in the national arena before. i'm learning a lot here!

Old 06-05-2010, 11:20 PM

Learn as much as you can so you can school newbies like myself!
Old 06-07-2010, 12:05 AM
Administrator
Jason

Facebook: siouxcountryfb
Twitter: siouxcountry
Instagram: siouxcountry

Lets have an update ladies. How did you do Shawn? Christine?

Got a Smartphone? Download Forum Runner to read & post from your phone!
Old 06-07-2010, 12:17 AM
IFBB Pro - Shawn Hektor

i was just about to post an update...
I didn't place top 5. I knew that though.... there were some weird aspects to the show, but over-all i learned a LOT and I screwed up a LOT! lol
My point in doing this show was to try a new look on stage and it totally back-fired on me.
My physique was the best it ever has been, that I know. There really are very few changes I have to make there and they are just changes that take time. but where I screwed myself this time around was in the details. The judges gave me great critiques and the great thing is most of it is easy fixes. They told me I read better as a blonde on stage first of all... so bye-bye red hair! Second, for some reason my tan did NOT come out dark enough. i don't know why. I applied just as much as I have in the past. but when I saw video and pics I immediately looked at myself and said, "whoa I'm WHITE!" So I'll be getting Liquid Sun Rays for Jr nats since that seems to provide a darker color then Jantana. And third, they hated my suit! lol It was too light of a pink... I was worried about that. I didn't know how it was going to come across on stage. So I'm glad I did it now and not at Jr's... now I have to scramble to get a dark suit in the next two weeks... ANY HELP WOULD BE AWESOME (wink wink!). And last thing was I needed a couple tweaks on my posing, which I'm working with one of the trainers at that show to help me fix. The good news is that they loved my physique, I just need to tighten up a little bit more... which was my plan to do for the next two weeks... I didn't want to come into Jrs over-dieted... and they loved my facial beauty. They mentioned I may want to give bikini a try because I have the presence and look to pull it off. I don't know about that yet... I'm going to see what happens at Jrs with all my errors fixed and go from there. I've been watching the bikini girls a lot recently and I think I could rock it up there with them.
So over-all I was VERY happy that I did this show and made the mistakes I did... now I don't ever have to repeat the! lol
Today traveled home, am doing a carb re-feed to jump start my metabolism and then I start two-a-days cardio tomorrow morning!
I did get a bunch of cute pics and I'll post them in a new thread later tonight probably.