Siouxcountry.com

---

Go Back   Siouxcountry.com > Discussion > Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini News & chat about Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:14 PM
NPC Figure Competitor / INKnBURN.com Rep - Holly

Default How does this show work?

With 400+ competitors, and the evening show starting at 6:30 -

there are just the top 15 competitors of each division in the pm show?

For those of you who have done this show before, when do you find out if you are in the top 15? Do you then purchase tickets to watch the show with your family/friends if you are not selected?
Old 06-07-2010, 08:23 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Rosalou

Hey, Holly- I competed at the USAs last year, and they brought everybody out, not just the top 15. I haven't competed at a national level show yet where they didn't, even though the schedule always has that stated-and really, I'm sure they know we ALL worked hard to get where we are, so that's why they end up letting everybody do the night show! So you should be safe buying tickets.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:26 PM

cool, good to know...

did you like the show? Would you/are you doing it again??
Old 06-08-2010, 02:26 AM
NPC Figure Competitor - Rosalou

I thought it was a great venue, but the space backstage was VERY limited- we were all tripping all over each other trying to move around . And you are right, there were over 400 competitors last year, so be prepared for a VERY large class- my class (B) was the smallest, and THAT had 28. Class C had 51. I loved the host hotel, it was fantastic for my photo shoot, lots of interesting scenery that translated well into photos! I would definitely do it again IF I had the airfare, which I don't - hideously expensive coming from Indiana! But you never know, might get lucky...
Old 06-08-2010, 11:15 AM
NPC Figure Competitor - Kenyatta

I competed at USA in 2008! I enjoyed Vegas, but didn't paticularly care for the show!! As already mentioned, back stage was rediculous....absolutely rediculous and you had to be a bit aggressive just to get a place to stand, let alone sit down and stretch out! I also didn't care for pre-j being split up, 1pc Friday evening, 2pc Saturday morning....now that there's just the 2pc that won't be an issue.

My ability takes me to the top. My character is what keeps me there.

***CHECK OUT MY JOURNAL ***

http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?t=1067
Old 06-17-2010, 10:36 PM

Good show overall, but I had one complaint. I was in the tallest height class in figure & because the show was so big, the handlers back stage told us right before we went out on stage that ''the judges are getting bored so hurry through your poses. If you don't they'll yell at you to hurry up." WHAT??!! So not the thing to tell a depleted girl that's worked her ass off for months & spent lots of $ to be part of the show! Funny how that one comment really downplayed my excitement & feeling of accomplishment.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:39 AM
IFBB Pro - Jillian Reville

I did USAs last year. Loved it... I had a great time... Yes backstage was small but they had 2 rooms for all the figure girls... they split us in half... i was in D class and i think there wer elike almost 40 people in it. but i had a great time and i am doing it again this year... who doesnt love VEGAS!
Old 07-08-2010, 04:03 AM

Great info! Thank you...

Lonnie Teper said last year he got through 400+ competitors and the show was over by 10:33!
Old 07-08-2010, 07:48 AM
Model - Leslie

Are there monitors to watch the stage so you can see the show when you are backstage?
Old 07-08-2010, 08:51 AM
2008 NPC Jr USAs LHW Champ - Lisa Boushard

no there is not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lann1011 View Post
Are there monitors to watch the stage so you can see the show when you are backstage?
Old 07-18-2010, 06:11 AM
Photographer - Ron Avidan

This year, there will be around 520 competitors approx - going to be a great contest. See you backstage again.

In Vegas right now for vacation / business, where the temperature at 8pm was still 113 degrees. Seriously rediculously dry heat. Hopefully, in two weeks, it will be cooler.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:30 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Ginny

With the crazy weather I highly recommend bringing ALL your styling tools backstage. I got caught in a thunderstorm for about 3 minutes between the car and the building and my hair was a wreck. I normally only bring stuff for touch ups backstage but had to start all over on my hair. It's a chaotic show but so much fun. I did it back when Steve Stone was running it and it worked like a well oiled machine. I'm sure nothing has changed with the awesome expediting crew they run there.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:30 PM
IFBB Pro - Carin Hawkins

I had a great time at the usa's! It was when Steve was running things but I am sure it will be just fine. My advice is to find a spot to camp out in the pump up room. The other area they have for the girls is horrible. Soo cramped and hot if there is A/C you would never know!!! Otherwise you will have a great time!
Old 07-18-2010, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chawk1 View Post
I had a great time at the usa's! It was when Steve was running things but I am sure it will be just fine. My advice is to find a spot to camp out in the pump up room. The other area they have for the girls is horrible. Soo cramped and hot if there is A/C you would never know!!! Otherwise you will have a great time!
Now THAT'S the kind of info I was lookin' for!