Siouxcountry.com

---

Go Back   Siouxcountry.com > Discussion > Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini News & chat about Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini.

Old 02-19-2008, 06:09 AM
IFBB Pro - Tracy Bodner

Default My weekend at a judges seminar

with guest speaker "The Rock". NPC VP- Jim Rockell. After the seminar we all went to Tokyo Joes for lunch.

Jim spoke for about 2 hours with more of a Q & A type of seminar.

♥ ☆ ♥*`*.♥ Dynamite Comes in Small Packages ♥.*`*♥ ☆ ♥

Old 02-19-2008, 06:12 AM
Administrator
Jason

Facebook: siouxcountryfb
Twitter: siouxcountry
Instagram: siouxcountry

You look great my friend!

What did you learn concerning the women's side of the sport?

Got a Smartphone? Download Forum Runner to read & post from your phone!
Old 02-19-2008, 06:35 AM
IFBB Pro - Tracy Bodner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcountry View Post
You look great my friend!

What did you learn concerning the women's side of the sport?
Thanks sioux. I'm pretty pleased with my off-season thus far.

This seminar was focused on just Figure.

He basically said the same thing he said last July when he came to Denver for another seminar.

Firstly, Figure is figure. Not BB'ing. They did not create Figure to make another division of BB'ing. NPC does not want to use the same words that they use in BB'ing. For ex: physique, hardness, muscles, flexing, vascularity etc....

What they are looking for is an athletic look. Nice balance, pretty face, nice shoulders (not overpowering), small waist, athletic legs, tight glutes (no jiggle). Someone asked if they want to see lines in the quads. He said yes, they do want to see some separation in the quads ...because he said that shows athleticism. No striations tho'.

Throw out some questions and I can answer it if he touched on it.

Old 02-19-2008, 07:30 AM
gymdiva

did he say if the pro ranks were going to reflect what they're asking for on the local and natl levels?
Old 02-19-2008, 07:48 AM
Administrator
Jason

Facebook: siouxcountryfb
Twitter: siouxcountry
Instagram: siouxcountry

Did he mention anything about the one suit round?

Got a Smartphone? Download Forum Runner to read & post from your phone!
Old 02-19-2008, 12:19 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Bree Marsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandGirl View Post
Thanks sioux. I'm pretty pleased with my off-season thus far.

This seminar was focused on just Figure.

He basically said the same thing he said last July when he came to Denver for another seminar.

Firstly, Figure is figure. Not BB'ing. They did not create Figure to make another division of BB'ing. NPC does not want to use the same words that they use in BB'ing. For ex: physique, hardness, muscles, flexing, vascularity etc....

What they are looking for is an athletic look. Nice balance, pretty face, nice shoulders (not overpowering), small waist, athletic legs, tight glutes (no jiggle). Someone asked if they want to see lines in the quads. He said yes, they do want to see some separation in the quads ...because he said that shows athleticism. No striations tho'.

Throw out some questions and I can answer it if he touched on it.
maybe they will stick with what they say this year!!! it is so difficult for me to become vascular, so glad they are staying away from that! glad they are going for a little quad separation...that definitely shows athleticism.
my only concern is how much they are toning done the "flexing" for figure on stage, it seems like they just want us to stand there and do nothing...we should be able to flex a little to show off our hard work!
Old 02-19-2008, 05:49 PM
IFBB Pro - Tracy Bodner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gymdiva View Post
did he say if the pro ranks were going to reflect what they're asking for on the local and natl levels?
Yes, most definitely. He mentioned that all judges have to be on the same wave length and that they do have meeting right before a show to remind judges what they are looking for. He said the "head judge" (which is typically him or Sandy Ranali) for national and pro ranks knows the direction that figure is heading and will surely help the NPC/IFBB judges guide them in the right direction.

on a side note Sharon:

He did say that they started last year at the USA's getting the message out to the girls that they are not looking for a BB'er look, but more of an athletic look.

He said Figure is totally opposite from BB'ing but that they are also cracking down on FBB'ing as well. They want to see a healthy appearance not someone who appears to have abused anything.

Old 02-19-2008, 05:56 PM
IFBB Pro - Tracy Bodner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcountry View Post
Did he mention anything about the one suit round?
1-pc suits were discussed, but not about doing away with it. More about fit and color selections.

IMO, as I think about this more and how they are really trying to keep BB'ing and Figure separate...the 1-pc round is one of the things that they can use to keep it totally separated.

Old 02-19-2008, 05:59 PM
gymdiva

Quote:
Yes, most definitely. He mentioned that all judges have to be on the same wave length and that they do have meeting right before a show to remind judges what they are looking for. He said the "head judge" (which is typically him or Sandy Ranali) for national and pro ranks knows the direction that figure is heading and will surely help the NPC/IFBB judges guide them in the right direction.

on a side note Sharon:

He did say that they started last year at the USA's getting the message out to the girls that they are not looking for a BB'er look, but more of an athletic look.

He said Figure is totally opposite from BB'ing but that they are also cracking down on FBB'ing as well. They want to see a healthy appearance not someone who appears to have abused anything.
gotcha...it was just always baffling to me when in the pro ranks they would reward someone like a Gina whose shape I love and adore but then penalize someone with that same shape on the local/natl level...

any word on fitness physiques?
Old 02-19-2008, 06:10 PM
IFBB Pro - Tracy Bodner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bree marsh View Post
maybe they will stick with what they say this year!!! it is so difficult for me to become vascular, so glad they are staying away from that! glad they are going for a little quad separation...that definitely shows athleticism.
my only concern is how much they are toning done the "flexing" for figure on stage, it seems like they just want us to stand there and do nothing...we should be able to flex a little to show off our hard work!
Well like Jim mentioned when he head judged the USA's last year, he said that was the starting point of all. He thinks that they sent the message out that they are looking for more of an athletic look and not a look of a BB'er.

A question was asked about vascularity. He said he knows that some of this is genetics cuz' he said he is very vascular because of his grandfather, but is not doing anything to make himself more vascular. Although they do not want to see vascularity...he said they do look at your body/figure as a whole and make a judgment.

About "flexing" (which he does not like to use that term in Figure since it is more of a BB'ing terminology) and how to stand on stage. We did have 2 girls with suits on posing and he critiqued them. It was more of a stand on stage and relax. He did not want to see elbows out at all. When standing front on, without moving your arms, if you stick your thumb out does your thumb touch your thighs? If no, then your arms are too far out. Also, because of this your arms should be almost at your side. They do not want your hands in front of your body.

He did say in the side quarter turns that they do want to see some shape in your arms. So a slight showing (not flexing) of your tricep is nice. He says that shows athleticism.

Also in your back shot. Do not bring your arms/elbows out like a BB'er. Show your back width, but do not bring the arms out. So in my expereince, open up your back, but do not raise the arms out, just hang them at your sides.

Old 02-19-2008, 06:20 PM
IFBB Pro - Tracy Bodner

Quote:
gotcha...it was just always baffling to me when in the pro ranks they would reward someone like a Gina whose shape I love and adore but then penalize someone with that same shape on the local/natl level...

any word on fitness physiques?

So with the criteria of Figure pretty set, he said it all depends who is standing on stage and what kind of bodies they are having to judge in that one particular class.

Fitness bodies (I have to be careful of what I write. I also want to say physique, but he kept stressing how that is a BB'er term and we need to say "body"). He said Fitness and Figure bodies are different. They allow more muscles in Fitness than they do in Figure because of what is involved with Fitness: strength moves and routine. He said the judges take that into consideration. So with that being said, they allow more muscles, but again they do not want the hardness, vascularity, dryness and grainy look.

Old 02-19-2008, 06:21 PM
IFBB Pro - Tracy Bodner

Hope I didn't miss anything. If I did, throw it out at me again.

Old 02-19-2008, 06:24 PM
gymdiva

Quote:
So with the criteria of Figure pretty set, he said it all depends who is standing on stage and what kind of bodies they are having to judge in that one particular class.

Fitness bodies (I have to be careful of what I write. I also want to say physique, but he kept stressing how that is a BB'er term and we need to say "body"). He said Fitness and Figure bodies are different. They allow more muscles in Fitness than they do in Figure because of what is involved with Fitness: strength moves and routine. He said the judges take that into consideration. So with that being said, they allow more muscles, but again they do not want the hardness, vascularity, dryness and grainy look.
so are they going to change the physique rounds in fitness to body rounds? serious question, not trying to be a smartass...shame I couldn't have told you ahead of time to ask if they've ever considered doing away with the one piece for fitness, especially since that takes time to judge and with more and more figure gals at each show it'd at least allow more time for their judging...I mean honestly, two piece and fitness routine should be enough...
Old 02-19-2008, 06:31 PM
IFBB Pro - Tracy Bodner

Quote:
so are they going to change the physique rounds in fitness to body rounds? serious question, not trying to be a smartass...shame I couldn't have told you ahead of time to ask if they've ever considered doing away with the one piece for fitness, especially since that takes time to judge and with more and more figure gals at each show it'd at least allow more time for their judging...I mean honestly, two piece and fitness routine should be enough...
He did not touch alot of Fitness as more of the girls present were Figure girls. So alot of figure questions were asked.

He should be coming back for another seminar...I will then start a thread for questions to ask and come back with answers. I guess I should've done that this time around. Sowwy!!!

Old 02-19-2008, 06:43 PM
gymdiva

that'd be awesome!
Old 02-19-2008, 06:56 PM
IFBB Pro - Tracy Bodner

Quote:
that'd be awesome!
We do have a local judges meeting/seminar with our IFBB judge Rick Kasten here in a couple of weeks. I can start a thread for that one.

Old 02-19-2008, 07:50 PM
IFBB Pro - Lori Steele

Looking fabulous Trace!!
Old 02-19-2008, 08:02 PM
IFBB Pro - Tracy Bodner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripitupbaby View Post
Looking fabulous Trace!!
hahaha! I LOVE that smiley!

Thanks!

Old 02-19-2008, 08:11 PM
gymdiva

Quote:
We do have a local judges meeting/seminar with our IFBB judge Rick Kasten here in a couple of weeks. I can start a thread for that one.
I'm down yo
Old 02-19-2008, 08:12 PM
IFBB Pro - Tracy Bodner

yo!