Siouxcountry.com

Go Back   Siouxcountry.com > Discussion > CHAT
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

CHAT

Old 06-25-2010, 12:58 AM
John

Default Maria Bellando Southern States Fitness, Figure & Bikini Championships; July 9-10, 2010 Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

Maria Bellando Southern States Fitness, Figure & Bikini Championships
AUDIO LINK

by Lisa White

In the world of bodybuilding there are some events that are big and some that are L-A-R-G-E as in the case of the Maria Bellando Southern States Fitness, Figure & Bikini Championships. Competitors new to the circuit may be surprised after signing up for this show at the high caliber competition they will face. Maria Bellando began promoting the 31-year-old show eleven years ago and has seen the stages filled with many of the highest caliber athletes from across the nation.

Maria's own rise to the IFBB Pro level was rather quick but that doesn't mean it wasn't well earned. After years of gymnastics training Maria set out to do a mixed pairs bodybuilding show after being dared on a bet and the bet paid off. In a line up of dozens of girls she came in seventh place. From that point on she was hooked she explained to IFBB Pro Marie Ann Newman during her interview on the Mo Knows Fitness show. Her career began in bodybuilding, just as Mo's career began with Maria crossing over to fitness and Mo to figure. The crossover was smooth due to her history in gymnastics, but now it wasn't just the grueling diet she had to worry about but the routine she would have to perform. The training, routines and dieting paid off and Maria Bellando earned her pro-card in 1998. Maria has not only gone on to compete but continues to train a multitude of athletes and choreograph routines for competitors whether competing in the South Florida area or the Olympia stage in the case of Dayana Cadeau.

As an efficient tactician and warm straightforward lady Maria has earned her reputation as a great promoter, fitness athlete and personal trainer. The Maria Bellando Southern States Fitness, Figure & Bikini Championships to be held in Fort Lauderdale on July 9-10 is one of the largest and most steadfast traditions within the bodybuilding schedule. The two-day event begins on Friday and has a full day of competitions on Saturday. The Friday show is for the ladies and there is no prejudging. These athletes are judged live in front of the audience. As with national level NPC competitions the competitors must rely on camaraderie rather than their trainers who are not allowed backstage. Maria states that she wants the athletes to feel as if they are doing a national show as this is a way to prep for nationals.

Promoting the Maria Bellando Southern States Fitness, Figure & Bikini Championships is no easy task and Maria has made it a priority to have the best venue and sponsors that draws a star studded crowd as well. The event will be taking place at the War Memorial Auditorium and as usual is expected this year to have a packed house. In years past it had been at the Convention Center but the family like ambiance just wasn't there. A few of the many sponsors include Met-Rx, Gaspari, Labrada, MuscleTech, and Flex.

It is not too late to purchase tickets or send in an entry form for the 2010 Maria Bellando NPC Southern States Championships. The numbers are expected to be large with close to 120 girls for fitness, figure and bikini on Friday and a few hundred for bodybuilding on Saturday. All information can be found on www.NPCSouthernStates.com or you can contact Maria at MBFit1@bellsouth.net. Tickets can also be purchased from TicketMaster.

Editors Note: BodybuildingFitnessFigure.com would like to thank both IFBB Pro's Maria Bellando and Marie Ann Newman for their informative interview and our staff writer and natural figure competitor Lisa White for producing this pre-show coverage.
Old 06-25-2010, 01:10 AM
John

Old 07-03-2010, 03:13 PM
IFBB Pro - Amanda Quinlan

Anyone going to this show? I'll be stepping on stage for the first time in over a year and a half. I'm super excited! I look forward to seeing everyone again.
Old 07-03-2010, 04:33 PM
IFBB Pro - Shelly Albetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qubabe View Post
Anyone going to this show? I'll be stepping on stage for the first time in over a year and a half. I'm super excited! I look forward to seeing everyone again.
where have you been? lol
GOOD LUCK CHICA!

Old 07-03-2010, 07:01 PM
IFBB Pro - Amanda Quinlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
where have you been? lol
GOOD LUCK CHICA!
I went through a horrible breakup right after Nationals in Atlanta in 08'. I found out he had been lying and cheating on me every chance he had which was every time I was gone out of town working or competing. I thought I was going to marry him. He was everything to me. I gave up everything in my life to move to Florida for this guy and I do mean EVERYTHING, my house in Georgia, my career in GA, my family in GA, and my self respect and independence. He turned a strong willed independant women into a disasterious mess with no confidence to be on my own. I was ate up with depression and confusion. I blamed myself for what he put me through. I tried on numerous occasions to get my act together and I just couldn't keep it together. I wanted to stay in Florida but found out quickly I wanted to stay for the wrong reasons. I moved back to Georgia in the fall last year. It was the best choice I ever made. I actually had to move back in with my parents to get back on my feet again. If it wasn't for them I don't know what would've happened to me. I really felt like I had hit rock bottom.
After a lot of soul searching and growth I have regained my strength and found inner happiness again!! It is so true in life, "what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger" and I'm certainly stronger for it all.
So now I'm back! Persuing my dreams! Loving every minute of it!! I'm currently working with the geniuos Roc Shabazz and his wonderful wife Gina and the Roc Starzz. I used to think I trained hard till I started training each morning with them. WOW!! is really the only word to discribe it, lol. He has made huge changes and improvements in my physique. I look forward to stepping on stage again and seeing all my old friends. I'll also be doing the USA's. I just love doing that show! It probably has something to do with it being in Vegas.
Enough about me... Where will I be seeing the beautiful twins? You 2 have already had great success this year! Huge congrats! I look forward to seeing you guys grace the stage some more!!