Siouxcountry.com

---

Go Back   Siouxcountry.com > Discussion > Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini News & chat about Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini.

Old 10-17-2010, 02:59 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Stacy Reese

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnCarla View Post
...cont...
I do these shows for the opportunities they give me both on and off the stage. At the end of the day I'm not going to let one group of 13 people determine how I feel about myself. We know we put in the work, we know we're bangin'! We're healthy and happy. We are doing something 99% of women out there can't even dream of doing!
Be proud! We are the elite of our sport!
Love what you just said here! I was at Nats and saw you on stage....You were beautiful and so was your presentation
Old 10-17-2010, 03:06 PM
IFBB Pro - Shelly Albetta

hmmmm. not sure ill ever get it. diana should have won that class imo. her bod is on point!

Old 10-17-2010, 03:11 PM
NPC Bikini Competitor - Kim

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigureH View Post
From the mouth of a National HEAD JUDGE "bikini is the girl who walks by the gym and catches everyone's eye, but she doesn't go in the gym". How's that for an answer! After he told me that I thought, "lovely, then what the f am I doing in bikini!" Hahahaha....this sport is gonna drive me to the mental institution!
That is CRAZY! Sounds more like a Hawaiian Topic competition than an NPC competition! The pro-gals definitely look like they are in the gym!

FYI- kinda hard to keep it classy when the announcer at the 'O' was making comments like "The walk to the back of the stage is my favorite part...what do you think audience"...felt trashy and disrespectful for all the girls that have worked hard for months...

This people...is why I may be abandoning the NPC..

Trained by: Cathy Savage Fitness

Owner of:
http://www.JetSetLife.tv

Excuses are over. It's time to live!
Old 10-17-2010, 05:26 PM
NPC Bikini Competitor - Allison

Quote:
...cont...
I do these shows for the opportunities they give me both on and off the stage. At the end of the day I'm not going to let one group of 13 people determine how I feel about myself. We know we put in the work, we know we're bangin'! We're healthy and happy. We are doing something 99% of women out there can't even dream of doing!
Be proud! We are the elite of our sport!
Well said! You have to do it for yourself and enjoy the experience. We do work hard and it shows in our physiques.

~Allie

“You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward." ~ Rocky Balboa

Facebook
Twitter
Old 10-17-2010, 06:46 PM
Laura K

I will say this, I personally know the girl that won Bikini class B and she has busted her ass for the last year. I've watched her evolve from the beginning when she started with Jeff and that little lady has worked hard for her win. She is a good poser and has a cute lil bod. I'm very happy for her and for her win.

I know how confusing it can be because I get confused with figure and what the judges want as well.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:45 PM
IFBB Pro - Shawn Hektor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Lil Dynamo View Post
Love what you just said here! I was at Nats and saw you on stage....You were beautiful and so was your presentation
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatbaby View Post
Well said! You have to do it for yourself and enjoy the experience. We do work hard and it shows in our physiques.
Very much so! It's hard to put it into perspective at the moment. Of course you want to place well. But at the end of the day, even if you don't walk away with a plastic trophy, you DO walk away with a million dollar body.... take advantage of the work you've done and the gifts God has blessed you with!

‎"Just because you get the puppy dog with the biggest feet doesn't mean he'll grow up to be the best hunting dog," -Nick Saban

Twitter: @ShawnCarla
Old 10-18-2010, 04:09 AM
2008 NPC Southeastern USA Fitness Champ - Jenna

While I think both of these gals look AMAZING, and I do mean, AMAZING, I think they were penalized (and wrongfully so) for being too lean and for having too much muscle. Both have leg separation and very visibly abs. I could see both in figure, though I like their look very much for bikini. I scratched my head at some of the bikini winners (no disrespect, but I thought some of the other gals looked better) One or two looked like they've never stepped in a gym before. Why are we rewarding SKINNY?? Esssplain.

Last edited by chicky9914 : 10-18-2010 at 04:11 AM. Reason: ....
Old 10-18-2010, 01:21 PM
IFBB Pro - Shawn Hektor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicky9914 View Post
While I think both of these gals look AMAZING, and I do mean, AMAZING, I think they were penalized (and wrongfully so) for being too lean and for having too much muscle. Both have leg separation and very visibly abs. I could see both in figure, though I like their look very much for bikini. I scratched my head at some of the bikini winners (no disrespect, but I thought some of the other gals looked better) One or two looked like they've never stepped in a gym before. Why are we rewarding SKINNY?? Esssplain.
I would agree with you on this point IF the over-all winner wasn't JUST AS LEAN as the girls mentioned in this thread. This is the frustrating part of this division... the fact that the judging is not consistent on any points. It literally is just what each judge thinks looks "best". What are the standards of that "best"? No one knows. Soooo... here we have to go back to my post about this division in this thread. Bikini is the one division where you really just have to "do you" and hope the judges recognize you for it.

‎"Just because you get the puppy dog with the biggest feet doesn't mean he'll grow up to be the best hunting dog," -Nick Saban

Last edited by ShawnCarla : 10-18-2010 at 02:00 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:54 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Kia

Quote:
Thank you!

Very much so! It's hard to put it into perspective at the moment. Of course you want to place well. But at the end of the day, even if you don't walk away with a plastic trophy, you DO walk away with a million dollar body.... take advantage of the work you've done and the gifts God has blessed you with!
Well said in this and your previous post. That type of attitude is a big part of what makes a person a great athlete, competitor, and role model. Those characteristics are what gets you work, fans, and other (possibly more meaningful) opportunities and recognition long after the tropies are collecting dust in storage
Old 10-18-2010, 03:40 PM
NPC Bodybuilder - Tony Dufresne

Quote:
Originally Posted by FigureH View Post
From the mouth of a National HEAD JUDGE "bikini is the girl who walks by the gym and catches everyone's eye, but she doesn't go in the gym". How's that for an answer! After he told me that I thought, "lovely, then what the f am I doing in bikini!" Hahahaha....this sport is gonna drive me to the mental institution!
Lets Title It "Hawian Tropic" then. If this is a bikin show at a bodybuilding show you should at least be able to tell these girls work out. It's all over the board in every show I think this year has been the worst judging I have ever seen!
Old 10-18-2010, 04:22 PM
NPC Bikini Competitor - Rebecca

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooncesthecat View Post
So I'm not crazy that bikini seems to have no standardized way to judge???? I know a local girl that did a show (Tricky Jackson Classic) and the girl who won bikini was shaking her a$$ and even bending over and licking her lips. That is not professional and yet she won! Bad judging criteria if you ask me. Sends a bad message to the others too.

As the overall bikini winner of the Tricky Jackson, I think you're hilarious. Not my presentation style at all. But hate on, hater.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:30 PM
IFBB Reject - Rebecca Staggs

Twitter: BeccaStaggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca Patterson View Post

As the overall bikini winner of the Tricky Jackson, I think you're hilarious. Not my presentation style at all. But hate on, hater.
I got your back, Becs!
Old 10-18-2010, 04:32 PM

Here's some pictures of my highly scandalous behavior at the 2010 TJC. Oh, the horror!

Take your ONE and ONLY post somewhere else, because you have nothing to back it up.

Last edited by Rebecca Patterson : 10-18-2010 at 04:40 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:50 PM
Administrator
Jason

Facebook: siouxcountryfb
Twitter: siouxcountry
Instagram: siouxcountry

Quote:
Take your ONE and ONLY post somewhere else, because you have nothing to back it up.
Agreed. This is not the forum to troll women.

Got a Smartphone? Download Forum Runner to read & post from your phone!
Old 10-18-2010, 06:05 PM
IFBB Pro - Shawn Hektor

Quote:

Here's some pictures of my highly scandalous behavior at the 2010 TJC. Oh, the horror!

Lol! There will always be haters... enjoy them

Old 10-18-2010, 06:08 PM
Photographer - Ron Avidan

Quote:
the girl who won bikini was shaking her a$$ and even bending over and licking her lips. That is not professional and yet she won!
At Nationals, it was specifically told that shaking your ass, smacking it, or doing anything not professional will bring you down fast in your placings. Simple as that. At least on stage. Now, backstage, you can have fun.

This is Nationals. The best of the best come here. The competitors looked incredible in bikini and figure. Stage presentation in bikini does matter, as well as the suit and the overall appearance. You can look great in one show, and the next week, something is off? You have 5-10 seconds on that stage to make an impression, with 20-30 girls. Not an easy thing to do.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:20 PM
2008 NPC Southeastern USA Fitness Champ - Jenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
At Nationals, it was specifically told that shaking your ass, smacking it, or doing anything not professional will bring you down fast in your placings. Simple as that. At least on stage. Now, backstage, you can have fun.

This is Nationals. The best of the best come here. The competitors looked incredible in bikini and figure. Stage presentation in bikini does matter, as well as the suit and the overall appearance. You can look great in one show, and the next week, something is off? You have 5-10 seconds on that stage to make an impression, with 20-30 girls. Not an easy thing to do.
Personally, I would have awarded the 2 physiques in this thread even if they wore paper bags over their heads. They just looked THAT good.

Figure still struggles for this very same reason - You've got gals with leg separation and 6 packs with chiseled shoulders getting beaten by gals with soft legs because they are "fuller."
Old 10-18-2010, 06:40 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Jenaliegh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmurgatroyd View Post

FYI- kinda hard to keep it classy when the announcer at the 'O' was making comments like "The walk to the back of the stage is my favorite part...what do you think audience"...felt trashy and disrespectful for all the girls that have worked hard for months...
Hearing announcers of a professional competition making remarks of a sexual nature breaks my heart and is absolutely discouraging I think. I have been told by many people that I would do awesome in bikini versus figure but refuse to switch because of the derogatory aura surrounding the division. This is not to down any bikini girls, I think you are absolutely beautiful and deserve soooooooo much more respect because it is OBVIOUS that you are in gym and you are dieting and deserve the accreditation. Obviously bikini is going to attract a different kind of attention than figure or bodybuilding but that doesn't mean classy and sexy can't come par in par. We don't need announcers verbalizing every guys thought and they should want to keep the standard of announcing and presentation above that of a Hawaiin Tropic competition.. (which I've done in my naive days *blush*)

My Journal http://siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?t=9257
Old 10-18-2010, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooncesthecat View Post
So I'm not crazy that bikini seems to have no standardized way to judge???? I know a local girl that did a show (Tricky Jackson Classic) and the girl who won bikini was shaking her a$$ and even bending over and licking her lips. That is not professional and yet she won! Bad judging criteria if you ask me. Sends a bad message to the others too.
You are full of shit! I was at the show. There also were 3 female judges with one being in charge of KY shows named Sandy judging. If any of that "skanky" behavior would of happened she would not have won. I also want to say it is pretty pathetic that some of you on here would believe some haters post automatically.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:01 PM

Aside from the off-topic attacks on MY posing, I think both Diana and Candyce looked AMAZING, and I was kind of puzzled not seeing them in the top placings as well. Good luck to them both in the coming season!