Siouxcountry.com

---

Go Back   Siouxcountry.com > Discussion > Beauty, Suits & Tanning
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Beauty, Suits & Tanning Chat about Beauty, Hair, Skin, Suits, Tanning, Fashion, etc.
Tips, Tricks & Product Reviews.

Old 12-09-2010, 03:59 PM
NPC Physique Competitor- Ila

Facebook: ila.reed
Default Wearing the same suit

I have a question. How many of you wear the same suit more than 1 year in a row? I'm coming up on trying to make a decision on my suit for next years competitions and trying to decide what to do. Money is TIGHT. My husband got laid off like a year and a half ago..so money is always an issue. Last year I went the route of stoning my own suit to save money. And I loved it. Although I'm still afraid to play with it too much because the stones still try and fall off lol.

I debated stoning again, but still that is still an expense of a plain suit, plus crystals. So I'm not sure.

Is wearing the same suit a big no-no? I think in some regards it probably matters little as long as it still fits. I haven't been on the national stage before, so those judges don't know what it looks like anyway. If you wore it at nationals previously..maybe it matters more? I remember Andrea Watson wore the same suit the entire year she went pro and then wore it again for her pro debut..so maybe it doesn't matter?

‎"If you don't have confidence, you'll always find a way not to win." ~Carl Lewis
Old 12-09-2010, 04:03 PM
IFBB Pro - Lori Steele

If the suit is a good fit and color, and if you didn't get any feedback that would suggest you need a different suit, and if the judges haven't seen you in that suit, then I would say go for it and don't worry about it.
It's crazy to think that you need to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on a new suit if there's nothing wrong with the one you have!
Old 12-09-2010, 04:17 PM
3x Figure Pro - Michele Welcome

Sounds like you will be safe wearing your suit again this year since you will be competing on the national stage and the judges haven't seen you yet. Plus, you said money is tight this year, so it doesn't sound like the time to make the investment anyways... Is it the green suit in your avatar? If so, GREAT color on you.

*NEW Facebook ATHLETE PAGE!: www.facebook.com/FigureProMicheleWelcome
Visit me at www.michelewelcome.com and sign my guest book
Twitter: @MicheleWelcome
Instagram: @MicheleWelcome
Old 12-09-2010, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripitupbaby View Post
If the suit is a good fit and color, and if you didn't get any feedback that would suggest you need a different suit, and if the judges haven't seen you in that suit, then I would say go for it and don't worry about it.
It's crazy to think that you need to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on a new suit if there's nothing wrong with the one you have!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicheleW View Post
Sounds like you will be safe wearing your suit again this year since you will be competing on the national stage and the judges haven't seen you yet. Plus, you said money is tight this year, so it doesn't sound like the time to make the investment anyways... Is it the green suit in your avatar? If so, GREAT color on you.
Thank you Michele. Yes it is. I actually got a TON of compliments on it. And as far as judges, they thought it was perfect as far as color and style. I think what I may do, is just buy some glue and repair it..lol I used nothing but hotfix crystals, and just some of them over time..some just…fall off…haha! I think Im also just nervous doing Nationals, and don't want to make a stupid mistake..like I should've gotten a new suit...

‎"If you don't have confidence, you'll always find a way not to win." ~Carl Lewis
Old 12-09-2010, 04:27 PM
Vanessa Adams-Pierce

As long as it fits well, save your money. If anything, get extra stones and make it a little fancier.

Old 12-09-2010, 04:38 PM
Recovered Competitor - Julia

Facebook: Jewelofnile
Twitter: jewelofnile12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsness View Post
As long as it fits well, save your money. If anything, get extra stones and make it a little fancier.
x2!!! And a difference and hair and makeup can sometimes be enough of a change as adding extra bling!!
Old 12-09-2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsness View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelofnile69 View Post
x2!!! And a difference and hair and makeup can sometimes be enough of a change as adding extra bling!!
Very good ideas! Thank you guys, definitely makes me feel better about it

Old 12-09-2010, 04:43 PM
Recovered Competitor - Julia

Facebook: Jewelofnile
Twitter: jewelofnile12

And if you maybe want the color to 'appear' slightly different, you could add some other colored stones. So like your green suit in the picture...maybe you want a more teal color. Add some blue or teal stones and that will chang it up a bit.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:49 PM

Thanks ladies!

Last edited by Scarl3tbutt3rfly : 12-09-2010 at 05:08 PM.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:53 PM
INBF Fit Body competitor

Facebook: Terra Lynn

Don't forget to apply to the suitmakers who are offering a suit sponsership!!!
Old 12-09-2010, 07:18 PM
Suit Maker - Jodi Lane

If you liked the way it fit you go ahead and wear it again, it's not going to hurt anything. But if it was a terrible fit then I'd suggest getting something different. But if you decide you need a new one, just sell the current one and but a new one. I accept trade in suits toward the purchase of a new suit. AND right now I'm offering 25% off all of my suits. I'm always there to help girls out. That's why I offer such a huge discount during winter. Business is slow and it is an opportunity for girls to save a lot of $$$!
Old 12-09-2010, 07:19 PM
Suit Maker - Jodi Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelofnile69 View Post
I TOTALLY agree with you here!!!
Old 12-09-2010, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodi_Lane View Post
If you liked the way it fit you go ahead and wear it again, it's not going to hurt anything. But if it was a terrible fit then I'd suggest getting something different. But if you decide you need a new one, just sell the current one and but a new one. I accept trade in suits toward the purchase of a new suit. AND right now I'm offering 25% off all of my suits. I'm always there to help girls out. That's why I offer such a huge discount during winter. Business is slow and it is an opportunity for girls to save a lot of $$$!
That was a thought. I have 2 issues with selling it. One it is the first suit I stoned, and like any "art piece" I have a hard time getting rid of it lol. Second, I worry some of the stones will fall off, and so don't really feel it is of quality to sell to someone else. I have older suits I have thought of selling, of which I don't like the style for me anyway. And not sure about the color exactly for me either.

My only concern with the fit, was with the top. Afterwards I wondered if I shouldn't have got a smaller cup size, just because I partially felt it was alot of material up top, and I might even look better with a smaller one. I do wear a D cup usually and it fits, but so much material. I dunno. I'm not sure. I've never been told this, this is just my perception. The suit I bought wasn't custom tailored to me or anything. It was one I bought from CCfitwear in the plain suits they have for sale.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	suitme.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	264.9 KB
ID:	48125  

Old 12-09-2010, 08:12 PM
IFBB Pro - Tamee Marie

Stick with the same suit. As long as the judges like it, they could care less. You could also buy a bag of stones and add a bunch to the background. That increases the bling factor and you can't mess it up.
myspace.com/gofigure_fitness

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle... I just wish he didn't trust me so much!"
Old 12-09-2010, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TameMe View Post
Stick with the same suit. As long as the judges like it, they could care less. You could also buy a bag of stones and add a bunch to the background. That increases the bling factor and you can't mess it up.
Thanks, Tamee! That is a great idea!!

Old 12-11-2010, 01:34 PM
2008 NPC Southeastern USA Fitness Champ - Jenna

Ila, I absolutely LOVE that suit on you. Wear it again and wear it proudly. Seriously, that color and the design of it is so gorgeous.

And I think with the state of the economy, we're seeing a lot more girls wearing the same suits over and over again. It used to be where all the girls wore a suit once or twice and that was it, but Amy Fry wore the same exact suits at the Olympia back to back years 2008 and 2009 and it did nothing to hurt her placings (after more streamlining to her physique she moved into the top 5! - 8th to 5th.)

In bikini, Sonia Gonzalez wore the same pink and black suit with the swirlie design how many times this year with how many 1st place finishes? Jamie Baird wore her green suit several times. Heather Mae French competes a lot during the season, and she usually wears the same suit throughout the year - black one year, blue the next, then pink, from what I recall off the top of my head.

Again, with the economy, I think it's a good example that some of these pros are NOT going out and getting a new suit for each and every show. It's about you YOU and your physique #1. I'm sorry to hear that money is still tight and hopefully the hubby lands a new job!
Old 12-11-2010, 10:59 PM
Sponsor of Siouxcountry - CrystalliniBikini.com
NPC Figure Competitor - Ellen Holmes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarl3tbutt3rfly View Post
I have a question. How many of you wear the same suit more than 1 year in a row? I'm coming up on trying to make a decision on my suit for next years competitions and trying to decide what to do. Money is TIGHT. My husband got laid off like a year and a half ago..so money is always an issue. Last year I went the route of stoning my own suit to save money. And I loved it. Although I'm still afraid to play with it too much because the stones still try and fall off lol.

I debated stoning again, but still that is still an expense of a plain suit, plus crystals. So I'm not sure.

Is wearing the same suit a big no-no? I think in some regards it probably matters little as long as it still fits. I haven't been on the national stage before, so those judges don't know what it looks like anyway. If you wore it at nationals previously..maybe it matters more? I remember Andrea Watson wore the same suit the entire year she went pro and then wore it again for her pro debut..so maybe it doesn't matter?
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" Who in the world says you can't wear a suit more than 1 year??? If it looks good, and you got good feedback from the judges, why not?
Let's not forget, it's not so much the suit as the body it's on
Old 12-11-2010, 11:56 PM
NPC Fitness Competitor - Sandra

I agree, rock that suit on the national stage, it looks great!!

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sandra...15579921807944
Old 12-12-2010, 12:47 AM
Suit Maker - Jodi Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarl3tbutt3rfly View Post
That was a thought. I have 2 issues with selling it. One it is the first suit I stoned, and like any "art piece" I have a hard time getting rid of it lol. Second, I worry some of the stones will fall off, and so don't really feel it is of quality to sell to someone else. I have older suits I have thought of selling, of which I don't like the style for me anyway. And not sure about the color exactly for me either.

My only concern with the fit, was with the top. Afterwards I wondered if I shouldn't have got a smaller cup size, just because I partially felt it was alot of material up top, and I might even look better with a smaller one. I do wear a D cup usually and it fits, but so much material. I dunno. I'm not sure. I've never been told this, this is just my perception. The suit I bought wasn't custom tailored to me or anything. It was one I bought from CCfitwear in the plain suits they have for sale.
Girl, you look great in that suit--it's a wonderful fit for you and honestly, I always tell girls to go a little bigger on the top and add padding if they have to. I'm not sure why but it almost always looks good. The only time it doesn't is if you're a super-petite girl, like under 100 lbs even if you have a D cup it never looks good to go big or bigger on the top if you're that tiny...but you however, look amazing. Use the same suit you look awesome!!!

I totally understand about the selling though as well. If you don't feel confident that it'll "stay together" then don't sell it but you could always get rid of your older ones just so you can use that money for competition expenses.

Good luck!
Old 12-12-2010, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicky9914 View Post
Ila, I absolutely LOVE that suit on you. Wear it again and wear it proudly. Seriously, that color and the design of it is so gorgeous.

And I think with the state of the economy, we're seeing a lot more girls wearing the same suits over and over again. It used to be where all the girls wore a suit once or twice and that was it, but Amy Fry wore the same exact suits at the Olympia back to back years 2008 and 2009 and it did nothing to hurt her placings (after more streamlining to her physique she moved into the top 5! - 8th to 5th.)

In bikini, Sonia Gonzalez wore the same pink and black suit with the swirlie design how many times this year with how many 1st place finishes? Jamie Baird wore her green suit several times. Heather Mae French competes a lot during the season, and she usually wears the same suit throughout the year - black one year, blue the next, then pink, from what I recall off the top of my head.

Again, with the economy, I think it's a good example that some of these pros are NOT going out and getting a new suit for each and every show. It's about you YOU and your physique #1. I'm sorry to hear that money is still tight and hopefully the hubby lands a new job!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamsta112052 View Post
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" Who in the world says you can't wear a suit more than 1 year??? If it looks good, and you got good feedback from the judges, why not?
Let's not forget, it's not so much the suit as the body it's on
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDgroovy View Post
I agree, rock that suit on the national stage, it looks great!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodi_Lane View Post
Girl, you look great in that suit--it's a wonderful fit for you and honestly, I always tell girls to go a little bigger on the top and add padding if they have to. I'm not sure why but it almost always looks good. The only time it doesn't is if you're a super-petite girl, like under 100 lbs even if you have a D cup it never looks good to go big or bigger on the top if you're that tiny...but you however, look amazing. Use the same suit you look awesome!!!

I totally understand about the selling though as well. If you don't feel confident that it'll "stay together" then don't sell it but you could always get rid of your older ones just so you can use that money for competition expenses.

Good luck!
Thank you guys! I think I have made my decision on that! And it is such a relief, let me tell you! There is for sure somewhere else in the competition expenses I can spend that money!