Siouxcountry.com

---

Go Back   Siouxcountry.com > Discussion > Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini News & chat about Bodybuilding, Physique, Fitness, Figure & Bikini.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:26 PM
Banned

Default Let the New Year Rush Begin!

Now that the New Year began, I'm sure you're aware that the gym gets busy... Do you feel more motivated to go to the gym when the New Years resolution people come to workout or do you feel more discouraged?
Old 01-04-2011, 09:30 PM
NPC Bodybuilder - Suzanne Germano

I would prefer it if i had the entire gym to myself and Chase

or just a few REAL lifters there that i could push myself to lift heavier than as long as not using anything i want
Old 01-04-2011, 09:35 PM
NPC Bodybuilder - Jodie Bruce

Facebook: JodieBruce

It's always an interesting place this time of the year.

No cardio equipement usually.

www.fitweardesigns.com

facebook.com/fitweardesigns
Old 01-04-2011, 11:05 PM
Laura K

Honestly... They should have a section set aside just for them so they don't get in my way

I don't think it's a matter of motivation/discouragement.. Either way I'm going to get the job done, it's just around this time of year it takes a little bit longer because there are so many people on MY equipment!! Move it! lol..
Old 01-04-2011, 11:28 PM
IFBB Pro - Michelle Beck

Nah, I don't let it bother me, discourage me or keep me from doing what I have to do, most will gone in a month or two anyway!
michelle.ivette.beck@gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/update_secur...00001108014048
http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/michellebeck/

“Do or do not...there is no try.”-Yoda
Old 01-04-2011, 11:44 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Dawn

I just try to avoid peak hours....which so far this year, I haven't figured out when that is. It seems that no matter what time I show up, it is packed. I sure wish I was an early morning person - I have heard the gym is pretty much the same folks if you are there between 4-6am. Thankfully, this year I lift a lot heavier than I have in previous years, so at least I can find the weights I need. (HOLLA!). There is still some waiting for people to finish chatting and moving off of equipment.

The worst part is just getting a parking space.

I will live my life one day at a time, doing my very best today in preparation to be better tomorrow.

Journaling Here:
http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?t=14671
Old 01-05-2011, 01:25 AM
CBBF Figure Competitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Beck View Post
Nah, I don't let it bother me, discourage me or keep me from doing what I have to do, most will gone in a month or two anyway!
So true. It's fortunate and unfortunate. People really need to stay committed to their physical health and wellbeing, so I really hope that these people are staying active even if they're not at the gyms. But on the other hand, I like it best when the gym is relatively quiet.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:27 AM
NPC Figure Competitor - Tanya

Twitter: Fit_Tanya

The small place I go at lunch may have an extra 2 or 3 bodies right now but there is no parking within blocks of the good gym. I'll stick with the small place for the next few weeks and force myself to change up my routine and get creative.

Although, I am thinking about making the first 2 weeks of January rest weeks from now on, just to make things easier.
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.
Vince Lombardi

My SC Journal
Old 01-05-2011, 02:52 AM
3x Figure Pro - Michele Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne View Post
I would prefer it if i had the entire gym to myself and Chase

or just a few REAL lifters there that i could push myself to lift heavier than as long as not using anything i want
LOL - I feel the same way....

*NEW Facebook ATHLETE PAGE!: www.facebook.com/FigureProMicheleWelcome
Visit me at www.michelewelcome.com and sign my guest book
Twitter: @MicheleWelcome
Instagram: @MicheleWelcome
Old 01-05-2011, 12:28 PM
Recovered Competitor - Julia

Facebook: Jewelofnile
Twitter: jewelofnile12

I could care less except they take up the whole gym and there is no room and no equipment available and the majority of them have no idea what they are doing. Thank goodness for early mornings and having my own equipment at home!!
Old 01-05-2011, 01:15 PM
IFBB Reject - Rebecca Staggs

Twitter: BeccaStaggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Beck View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystol88 View Post
So true. It's fortunate and unfortunate. People really need to stay committed to their physical health and wellbeing, so I really hope that these people are staying active even if they're not at the gyms. But on the other hand, I like it best when the gym is relatively quiet.
Me too ^^.
While I prefer a less crowded gym and not waiting for equpiment (who doesn't?) I always try to remember that these folks are trying in their own way. Their intentions are good, even if they know little to nothing. At some point we all 'got serious'. Some of us started lifting, eating healthy and working out young, others start later in life. Just because we started one random day in July or something doesn't make us better than someone who started at New year... I try to be optimistic and think that most of these folks will make the life change and not be a new year's resolutioner anymore. Maybe one day they will become one of us. They help our gyms by paying their dues and they deserve to be there as much as us...(still...i dont like waiting for equipment when people lally gag and chit chat, but I see serious/regulars doing that too).

World-wide, we hear and complain about how Americans are so fat and lazy. We should be praising these folks and hoping they reach their goals for this to end.

Why I feel this way: I remember when I was 19 and got my first gym membership. I knew NOTHING. I was intimidated. I walked around trying to figure out equipment and had no one to help me. Someone was nice enough to show me the ropes...
Old 01-05-2011, 05:52 PM
Sponsor of Siouxcountry - ASuit2Remember.com
Suit Maker - Jen Whitfield

I personally think those that train year round should get a pass in the month of January to "go to the front of the line" for equipment use!!

Happiness never decreases by being shared.--Buddha

Proud Wife, Mother and Grandmother!!

Follow my journey: http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthre...852#post342852
Old 01-11-2011, 07:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca Staggs View Post
Me too ^^.
While I prefer a less crowded gym and not waiting for equpiment (who doesn't?) I always try to remember that these folks are trying in their own way. Their intentions are good, even if they know little to nothing. At some point we all 'got serious'. Some of us started lifting, eating healthy and working out young, others start later in life. Just because we started one random day in July or something doesn't make us better than someone who started at New year... I try to be optimistic and think that most of these folks will make the life change and not be a new year's resolutioner anymore. Maybe one day they will become one of us. They help our gyms by paying their dues and they deserve to be there as much as us...(still...i dont like waiting for equipment when people lally gag and chit chat, but I see serious/regulars doing that too).

World-wide, we hear and complain about how Americans are so fat and lazy. We should be praising these folks and hoping they reach their goals for this to end.

Why I feel this way: I remember when I was 19 and got my first gym membership. I knew NOTHING. I was intimidated. I walked around trying to figure out equipment and had no one to help me. Someone was nice enough to show me the ropes...
Nice mentality! Let me ask you.. When you see a newbie doing something improper (ie bad form, poor lifting techniques), do you speak up or just let them be?
Old 01-11-2011, 10:21 PM
IFBB Reject - Rebecca Staggs

Twitter: BeccaStaggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scout200 View Post
Nice mentality! Let me ask you.. When you see a newbie doing something improper (ie bad form, poor lifting techniques), do you speak up or just let them be?
I have a problem with this sometimes. More often then not I will leave them alone unless they really look like they are going to injure themselves. I don't want to come off as knowing everything, and I might not be huge but I've learned my way around the weight room/proper mechanics over the last 10 years.

If they are kinda moping around, looking obviously clueless or trying to slyly read the directions on a machine and hope no one is watching (you know the look!) I'll ask them. I find they are almost always happy for help. Usually this is the heavier, middle aged soccer mom type anyway and they are always full of questions once you crack the ice.

If someone never took the time to show me...would I have stuck with it? Who knows...
Old 01-11-2011, 11:04 PM
NPC Bodybuilder - Jodie Bruce

Facebook: JodieBruce

Someone needs to inform them that body odor of any kind is not acceptable.

Fawk

www.fitweardesigns.com

facebook.com/fitweardesigns
Old 01-12-2011, 03:03 PM
NPC Bikini Competitor - Olga

My LA Fitness hasn't been crowded at all because they just opened up another one on the same street 4 miles away. Everyone is at the new one. I love that I don't have to wait for anything. I go to the new one on the weekends.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca Staggs View Post
I have a problem with this sometimes. More often then not I will leave them alone unless they really look like they are going to injure themselves. I don't want to come off as knowing everything, and I might not be huge but I've learned my way around the weight room/proper mechanics over the last 10 years.

If they are kinda moping around, looking obviously clueless or trying to slyly read the directions on a machine and hope no one is watching (you know the look!) I'll ask them. I find they are almost always happy for help. Usually this is the heavier, middle aged soccer mom type anyway and they are always full of questions once you crack the ice.

If someone never took the time to show me...would I have stuck with it? Who knows...
Nice! I have a difficult time gauging whether someone would be accepting and responsive to feedback.. gym egos can be atrocious!
Old 01-13-2011, 09:20 PM
NPC Bodybuilder - Suzanne Germano

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLB001 View Post
Someone needs to inform them that body odor of any kind is not acceptable.

Fawk
In most cases i would rather smell body odor than 10 gallons of perfume or after shave
Old 01-13-2011, 09:21 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Kayti

Depends. I don't usually get to go until 730 at night after my kids go to bed so not too many people willing to let that resolution cut into their TV time. I get more annoyed by the guys who bring their girlfriends and then hand them 5lbs weights so they don't "get bulky". That usually earns a dirty look and a sarcastic comment from me. Can't help it...my mouth...it just doesn't know how to stay shut in the presence of blatant idiocy.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytikat View Post
Depends. I don't usually get to go until 730 at night after my kids go to bed so not too many people willing to let that resolution cut into their TV time. I get more annoyed by the guys who bring their girlfriends and then hand them 5lbs weights so they don't "get bulky". That usually earns a dirty look and a sarcastic comment from me. Can't help it...my mouth...it just doesn't know how to stay shut in the presence of blatant idiocy.
Nice! I certainly wish I could get my kids to go to bed by 7:30!!!