Siouxcountry.com

---

Go Back   Siouxcountry.com > Discussion > Training & Nutrition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Training & Nutrition Discuss training & nutrition. Off season or prep.

Old 01-28-2011, 06:26 PM
NPC Bodybuilder - Suzanne Germano

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripitupbaby View Post
I don't know anything about Proviron, but it's damn good advice for anyone to do their homework first and to keep track of what you are taking, how much, how long, what the effects are, etc.

We are all in this sport because we are anal-retentive and OCD... so it's a no brainer that you have to do this!!
Yep OCD

I have spreadsheets going back to 2004 that i enter info daily
WO, cardio, wt , how i feel if something like forearms hurting, TOM, supplements with amts, changes to diet, weekly measurements, even where i had cheat meal to see if certain things affect me differently

And i have weekly pics going back to 2004 (picture go even further back but not weekly)
Old 01-28-2011, 08:43 PM
IFBB Pro - Tracy Bodner

Quote:
I don't know anything about Proviron, but it's damn good advice for anyone to do their homework first and to keep track of what you are taking, how much, how long, what the effects are, etc.

We are all in this sport because we are anal-retentive and OCD... so it's a no brainer that you have to do this!!
Oh absolutely. I totallly agree with this. Do your own research.

♥ ☆ ♥*`*.♥ Dynamite Comes in Small Packages ♥.*`*♥ ☆ ♥

Old 01-28-2011, 08:43 PM
IFBB Pro - Tracy Bodner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne View Post
Yep OCD

I have spreadsheets going back to 2004 that i enter info daily
WO, cardio, wt , how i feel if something like forearms hurting, TOM, supplements with amts, changes to diet, weekly measurements, even where i had cheat meal to see if certain things affect me differently

And i have weekly pics going back to 2004 (picture go even further back but not weekly)

Old 01-28-2011, 08:45 PM
IFBB Pro - Lori Steele

The good thing about this thread is that for women, the best research usually comes from talking to other women and sharing experiences. There aren't alot of ways to do that.

But keep in mind that everyone is different, which is why it's very important for you to keep track of what you are doing, how it's affecting you, and any changes you are experiencing.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:11 PM
NPC Bodybuilder - Jodie Bruce

Facebook: JodieBruce

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandGirl View Post
proviron
Last 4 weeks. Split am/pm

www.fitweardesigns.com

facebook.com/fitweardesigns
Old 01-29-2011, 12:46 AM
Vanessa Adams-Pierce

Follow up to original question:

Quote:
My trainer has me doing an hour of moderate intensity cardio, six days a week. I am twelve weeks out and less than ten pounds from stage weight (figure). Is this normal or could I be doing less cardio?
Quote:
Thank you for your responses!! My trainer is having me eat 1200 calories ( I weigh 105 pounds). Other team members say that their cardio time increases and calories decrease starting around the ninth week. I weigh my food and include calories from my supplements.

Old 01-29-2011, 03:42 AM
NPC Bodybuiler - Jill

Quote:
I'll answer this one based on the reading i've done...

Via email

I would just run it straight through at 10 mg, as that's not a terribly high dose. I'm not sure I would understand the benefits of going on/off for a few weeks here and there?...10 mg is relatively low.

(I've read things about girls taking a low dose (5 mg) year-round, although I think that's a bad idea for a lot of reasons)

Also not sure if you really need to stop it 10 days before the show for water issues, but that's a personal call. It seems like if you stay on 10 mg consistently for that period of time, any "bad" water your body would hold from it would shed over time.

Just my thoughts...
Dropping any compound that causes you to retain water 10-14 days before you start your peak water manipulation is pretty common. Some women just retain water on anavar. I've been talking w/ people about this for years because anavar does not aromatize but you simply can't argue w/ the fact that enough people experience water retention on it that there isn't some sort of estrogenic effect involved. Regardless of the reason, why fuck up your competition prep by keeping an additional water complication in your schedule. Drop it and pick it up again. The doses most women use are not that big a deal to drop and pick up again, also keeping in mind the 3 week detection time of anavar - it will still be present in your system, albeit in small proportion after 10-14 days off. Its not ideal but if your whole purpose is to do this for prep, I would put the water manipulation aspect of it as a higher priority than maintaining even release.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:52 AM
NPC Bodybuiler - Jill

Quote:
I have been researching everywhere and cannot find the answer.
How long should you wait after coming off of winstrol to try to get pregnant? And if anyone has gotten pregnant accidentally while on it, were there any side effects or birth defects for the baby?

You won't find answers posted. There is precious little research published about women and steroids and you won't find any doctor who will being doing any research on it w/o his/her career being shot.

If you want to go by something published, the detection time for winstrol (time it is still detectable in the body) is about 2 months. Anabolics 200x recommends wait 6 months to be sure everything is clear before trying to get pregnant.

The risk is having a fetus in an environment of high DHT presence which can have an impact on the sex organs - and thus you can have androgeny issues w/ your kid. Anecdotally you really don't hear about that sort of thing and I've heard of at least a few women getting pregnant while on cycle, stopping immediately and having no issue. But given the crapshoot nature of the things you're dealing w/ and the risk associated with them, you're better off not trying to time it down to 'as short as possible' because of the limited information available on the internet.

Use your brain when looking at having a child while you're self-medicating w/ male hormones and work closely w/ your ob/gyn to ensure the best incubation environment for your little bundle of joy.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:03 AM
NPC Bodybuiler - Jill

Quote:
No knowledge of these in women, but some reading from AR I found via EliteFitness:

Quote:
PROVIRON

Proviron is an extremely powerful hardening agent in a female. One of my female clients who struggled with estrogenic fat storage, especially her legs reported noticing a defined tear drop in her quadriceps with in 2 days of the addition of Proviron. Like Anavar, Proviron is easy on the liver and not likely to cause much toxicity, if at all. Proviron is not very anabolic, but similar to Masteron, is a useful antiestrogenic compound. Proviron provides a hard, quality look to muscle, and an overall improvement in the look of the female physique.

Although 12.5-25 mgs per day is a tolerable dose which should not produce intolerable negative side effects, virilization will become a concern if used in higher dosages by a female. Again, caution should be taken when increasing any dose.

Quote:
MASTERON

Unlike other steroids, which were created for men, Masteron was originally created for women. It is clinically used as an antiestrogenic treatment for estrogen dependant tumors in breast cancer victims. Female AAS users experience a double benefit with its use due to the fact that it contains both antiestrogenic as well as androgenic (steroidal) properties. Masteron is a derivative of DHT and has a lower androgenic rating (25) than almost every other steroid recommended as safe for female usage. The same muscle gain, strength and hardening effects are seen in Masteron as in Anavar.

A safe female cycle of Masteron should be to start between 10-25mgs every third day, and increase dosages from there if no side effects are experienced. Minimal side effects, if any will be experienced up through 20mgs, injected every other day. [

Please bear in mind that personal experience often is different than what 'should be' according to anabolic/adrogenic ratings on paper.
Masteron & Proviron are sort of interchangeable. I'm willing to bet women are more prone to use Proviron before Mast becaues Mast is injectable and Proviron is a tab.

The old WAR and Anabolics 200x recommended Proviron at 25mg (1 tab)/ day, split in half (due to short half life to even out spiking in dosage over the day) for 4 weeks up to no more than 8 weeks pre contest. Because it is highly androgenic, it promotes lean midsection and tends to work in a complimentary way w/ Nolvadex to tighten up the last bit estrogen effects on women as you dial into show day. It has no value off-season becaues it is primarily androgenic and not anabolic. Like nolvadex, it is not intended for on-going use because of its androgenic aspects.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:10 PM
Vanessa Adams-Pierce

Thanks for your input, Jill!

Old 01-29-2011, 03:42 PM
IFBB Pro - Tracy Bodner

Thanks Sassy!!!

Old 01-29-2011, 04:03 PM

Quote:

My trainer has me doing an hour of moderate intensity cardio, six days a week. I am twelve weeks out and less than ten pounds from stage weight (figure). Is this normal or could I be doing less cardio?
Quote:
Thank you for your responses!! My trainer is having me eat 1200 calories ( I weigh 105 pounds). Other team members say that their cardio time increases and calories decrease starting around the ninth week. I weigh my food and include calories from my supplements.

to this poster:
first we would need to know what you were eating off season and cardio off season

ie if you we eating 2000 cals and no cardio then this is way to much but if you were eating 1500 and doing 45 min cardio then this would be needed to drop weight

How tall are you?
Old 01-30-2011, 06:28 AM
NPC Bodybuiler - Jill

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

to this poster:
first we would need to know what you were eating off season and cardio off season

ie if you we eating 2000 cals and no cardio then this is way to much but if you were eating 1500 and doing 45 min cardio then this would be needed to drop weight

How tall are you?

I think the answer is more about what is producing the results -- i.e. whatever you're doing, are you tracking your changes? Are dropping bodyfat at the rate you want, and consistently? DO you feel like shit? Are you getting good quality sleep or feel starved or stressed or rundown? That's the point of tweaking as you go, in response to your progress. There is no one canned method or "way" to "get results" - so whatever works for 'everyone else' is irrelevant and only what is producing or not producing results is what you need to be paying attention to. But by the same token, you can't get complacent and you have to have a certain amount of faith in what you are doing. Nothing will fuck up results more than desperation decisions. Slow, consistent and paying attention to all aspects of your prep, your progress, your body, how you look and how you feel.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy69 View Post
I think the answer is more about what is producing the results -- i.e. whatever you're doing, are you tracking your changes? Are dropping bodyfat at the rate you want, and consistently? DO you feel like shit? Are you getting good quality sleep or feel starved or stressed or rundown? That's the point of tweaking as you go, in response to your progress. There is no one canned method or "way" to "get results" - so whatever works for 'everyone else' is irrelevant and only what is producing or not producing results is what you need to be paying attention to. But by the same token, you can't get complacent and you have to have a certain amount of faith in what you are doing. Nothing will fuck up results more than desperation decisions. Slow, consistent and paying attention to all aspects of your prep, your progress, your body, how you look and how you feel.
1200 cals may be getting results but it may be way too low to start which is why i asked

if she was doing no off season cardio then maybe she could start with 30 min and get results

for example i know a girl who was eating 3000 off season her trainer started her at 1300 high day and 800 lows day, 2 low 1 high, 16 weeks out. Ended up bout 600 cals every day and 3 hrs of cardio Did it get results sure did and her results now are a fucked up thyroid, on meds and gained ton of weight
Old 01-30-2011, 05:18 PM
IFBB Reject - Rebecca Staggs

Twitter: BeccaStaggs

A member asks:

Quote:
Does anyone here have any experience with Chitosan? I have heard both good and bad. Can/does it really bind fat and pass it? Please share your experiences. Thx
Old 01-30-2011, 10:03 PM

A member asks:

Quote:
I will soon start my first cycle of Var, 5 mg 2x daily. I am planning on running it for 90 days.
Should I taper off, and once I do, how long would you say I should be off before I start another cycle? Will be dieting through the year for various shows and events.

Also, is there a lot of clitoral growth with JUST Var? It will be all I am taking.

Any suggestions here are appreciated! TY
Old 01-30-2011, 10:05 PM

Another question from the same person re: var :

Quote:
Forgot to ask: How does hormonal birth control (nuva ring) effect this??
Old 01-30-2011, 11:20 PM
Vanessa Adams-Pierce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca Staggs View Post
A member asks:
Re: Anavar:

Quote:
You do not need to taper off. It's a good idea to be off cycle at least as long as you were on.

You should not get any clitoral growth from just Anavar, assuming it is legit. I have used Anavar at higher amounts as well as Winny, Primo and Proviron and have no clitoral growth.

Old 01-30-2011, 11:22 PM
Vanessa Adams-Pierce

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassy69 View Post
Quote:
1200 cals may be getting results but it may be way too low to start which is why i asked

if she was doing no off season cardio then maybe she could start with 30 min and get results

for example i know a girl who was eating 3000 off season her trainer started her at 1300 high day and 800 lows day, 2 low 1 high, 16 weeks out. Ended up bout 600 cals every day and 3 hrs of cardio Did it get results sure did and her results now are a fucked up thyroid, on meds and gained ton of weight
Response:

Quote:
Thank you Suzanne and Jill for your help. I am 5'3 and my trainer had me cycling 30 minute interval cardio sessions with 45 minute steady state cardio. I did this 6 days a week. My meal plan had me averaging 1500 calories a day. I am losing a pound a week but I feel like I am dragging. I am really scared of rebounding but my trainer says that I should be feeling depleted and that I need to trust in the process.
Personally, I'm SMH @ 1500 cals offseason.

Old 01-30-2011, 11:49 PM

Default Re: Anavar answer

From Recent Poster re: Anavar

Quote:
Thanks for your speedy reply! How long (max) could I run this straight at the dose 10mg ED broken 5am and 5pm?