Siouxcountry.com

---

Go Back   Siouxcountry.com > Discussion > Training & Nutrition
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Training & Nutrition Discuss training & nutrition. Off season or prep.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:02 AM
IFBB Reject - Rebecca Staggs

Twitter: BeccaStaggs
Default New Question Re: Anavar

Quote:
Hello. My Anavar came in 10 mg capsules instead of tabs. If I want to do 5mg (2x daily) can I take the capsules apart and mix them in some sort of drink?? OR, first a first timer could I just do 10mg 2x Daily - is this dose abnormally high?
Old 02-16-2011, 11:25 AM
IFBB Pro - Lori Steele

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca Staggs View Post
My recommendation would be to just take the 10 mg cap altogether and yes, I would say that 20 is too high for a first timer.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripitupbaby View Post
My recommendation would be to just take the 10 mg cap altogether and yes, I would say that 20 is too high for a first timer.
Thanks. So you think that splitting the dose is not necessary and she should take just one 10mg cap per day?
Old 02-16-2011, 12:55 PM
Recovered Competitor - Julia

Facebook: Jewelofnile
Twitter: jewelofnile12

Hey Ladies. I've learned quite a bit through this forum on things I know nothing about. Could you explain to all of us what all of these things even are? Are these all steroids? nolvadex? Anavar? etc? I heard a gal at the gym (who is quite overweight and just starting training) that she has an online trainer who recommended one of these!!! I believe she used the term 'var' that I think some of you are speaking of. I'd like to talk to her to find out what/why, etc. She may be into power lifting...not 100% sure. But I talk to her sometimes and would like to at least be knowledgable.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarl3tbutt3rfly View Post
EDIT: Was thinking more about this as I was getting dressed. I also have to say, that if she is already pretty lean, then maybe 12 weeks of prep might be too long anyway. Maybe her coach is getting her ready ahead of time, than using the last few weeks to fill her out? She did state she is less than 10lbs from stage weight. But how is she getting that number? I think sometimes if you are lean enough, it might be possible to increase calories (clean calories) and lift heavy and put on a little more muscle mass and still stay relatively lean as well. Not knowing all the details, seeing pictures, etc. I think it is hard to give definitive advice.
I have to agree with you here, Ila. I'd be worried that her prep is way too long if she wants to have any size at all on her on stage. I have a girlfriend who is also 5'3 and her first time on stage was about 102lbs. 4 years later she tries to step on stage around 115...and that's after lots of hard training and eating LOTS of food. She doesn't cut any calories until 4 weeks out from a show...because she doesn't need to.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:04 PM
Vanessa Adams-Pierce

Quote:
Thanks. So you think that splitting the dose is not necessary and she should take just one 10mg cap per day?
It's never a good idea to split capsules, regardless of what you're taking - OTC supps, AAS, medicine, etc. That's because capsules typically aren't completely full of the active ingredient; there is usually filler in there to make sure the cap is not half hollow. If you divide the cap, you are not going to get equal parts actives.

Old 02-16-2011, 01:07 PM
Vanessa Adams-Pierce

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelofnile69 View Post
Hey Ladies. I've learned quite a bit through this forum on things I know nothing about. Could you explain to all of us what all of these things even are? Are these all steroids? nolvadex? Anavar? etc? I heard a gal at the gym (who is quite overweight and just starting training) that she has an online trainer who recommended one of these!!! I believe she used the term 'var' that I think some of you are speaking of. I'd like to talk to her to find out what/why, etc. She may be into power lifting...not 100% sure. But I talk to her sometimes and would like to at least be knowledgable.
Anavar = Var = oral steroid. Common for women because it's mild and not injectable.

Nolvedex is a SERM, not a steroid; look back - it was covered quite well by Jill.

No beginner should be tinkering with hormonals - men or women, regardless of goal. her trainer should be slapped.

Old 02-16-2011, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsness View Post
Anavar = Var = oral steroid. Common for women because it's mild and not injectable.

Nolvedex is a SERM, not a steroid; look back - it was covered quite well by Jill.

No beginner should be tinkering with hormonals - men or women, regardless of goal. her trainer should be slapped.
Thanks. OK, saw the post by Jill on nolvedex. Thanks!

I agree. I was just floored when she slid that in to telling me some of the things her trainer is having her do. Would love to find out who this 'trainer' even is. I'm starting to be skeptical!!
Old 02-16-2011, 01:30 PM

Quote:
My reaction, too. If this girl is "quite overweight" there are so many things that need to be addressed/changed, and years of work that should be put in before she thinks about this. Everyone always wants the magic pill
Old 02-16-2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:
My reaction, too. If this girl is "quite overweight" there are so many things that need to be addressed/changed, and years of work that should be put in before she thinks about this. Everyone always wants the magic pill
Exactly! Scary! I may just have to direct her to this forum/thread in general. The magic pill just doesn't exist. Like I said, she just started recently coming to the gym (sometime in Dec.) and comes up to me to ask advice. I'm leary about giving advice at the gym as you never know where it will lead. I recommended her hiring one of the trainers at the gym but it sounds like she went and found someone online (which necessarily isn't bad...but doesn't sound to me like she did her research). Anyway, I am worried for her. She looks to be a good 50lbs over what her natural bodyweight looks like it could be. She appears to be lifting very heavy and only the standard exercises. With that and some of the things she's told me it sounds like she's looking to compete in powerlifting.

I just went back and re-read this entire thread (I should be working right now). I think, like many of you have said, it's great to have a sight like this for people to start learning. But you have to continue learning and reading and doing your research before you take anything!!!!!
Old 02-16-2011, 01:50 PM
IFBB Pro - Lori Steele

Quote:
Quote:
It's never a good idea to split capsules, regardless of what you're taking - OTC supps, AAS, medicine, etc. That's because capsules typically aren't completely full of the active ingredient; there is usually filler in there to make sure the cap is not half hollow. If you divide the cap, you are not going to get equal parts actives.

What Ness said. Plus I know there are differing opinions, but I don't see the need to split a dose that small.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelofnile69 View Post
Yikes. I hate hearing about people who might blindly take something without doing basic research.

You can get the sense of what alot of these things are with a few Google searches and a little bit of reading.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
What Ness said. Plus I know there are differing opinions, but I don't see the need to split a dose that small.

Yikes. I hate hearing about people who might blindly take something without doing basic research.

You can get the sense of what alot of these things are with a few Google searches and a little bit of reading.
So true. SO, like I said above, I went through and re-read this entire thread. Then I went out and did google searches on everything mentioned in it. It's amazing what is out there. Just do your research!!!
Old 02-16-2011, 02:32 PM
NPC Bodybuilder - Suzanne Germano

Quote:

Exactly people should have put in a significant amount of time training AND eating right before venturing into "supplements"

I get to freaking tired and mad at people who suggest to newbies or anyones just wanting to loose weight to use t3 or clen or anavar. You do not need drugs to lose weight! Eat right and burn calories.

I can't tell you how many people think anavar is for weight loss. Anavar is for muscle building, helps prevent muscle loss when dieting for a show and does put your body into a slightly better hormonal level to promote fatloss but it is not for weightloss. It is prescribed to patients with muscle wasting diseases such as AIDS

T3 thyroid medication and a great way to permanently mess up your metabolsim
Old 02-16-2011, 09:20 PM
IFBB Pro - Lori Steele

Good Question here...

Quote:
It seems like information about appropriate steroid use is readily available for men (online), but not so much for women. How do most women get informed about steroid use? Internet research? Forums? Trainers? Other competitors?
Old 02-17-2011, 08:33 PM
IFBB Pro - Lori Steele

Still looking for info on the above question - where to get info.

Also, another question here about T3 and anyone's experiences with it.

Quote:
What I have read about t3 is that it is HAZARDOUS to women. I wanted some insight on the thyroid med. because my girlfriend is going to take it, and she shrugged it off like it wasnt a big deal.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:40 PM
Vanessa Adams-Pierce

Quote:
Good Question here...
All of the above, but I'd say mostly from trainers that have experience with women and anabolics. That's why threads like this one are so valuable. By offering anonymous access, the stigma of asking is removed.

Old 02-17-2011, 08:54 PM
Vanessa Adams-Pierce

Quote:
Also, another question here about T3 and anyone's experiences with it.
T3 is a prescription drug, like steroids and many diuretics. Any of these, if used incorrectly, can have serious and lasting side effects. I will say that while a healthy thyroid is more resilient than people give it credit for, thyroid meds can damage the metabolism.

If you want to stimulate the thyroid with gentler methods, there are a few OTC supplements that use the 3,3 and 3,5 (3,3 Diiodothyronine and 3,5 Diiodothyronine) T3 metabolites. While they are not quite as effective, they are also remarkably safe.

Old 02-17-2011, 08:59 PM
IFBB Pro - Lori Steele

Quote:
All of the above, but I'd say mostly from trainers that have experience with women and anabolics. That's why threads like this one are so valuable. By offering anonymous access, the stigma of asking is removed.

Agreed. The only concern I have with alot of trainers is that they are men, and while they may claim to have alot of experience with women and anabolics, very few actually do. I would recommend talking with other women who you know have used gear, and sharing personal experiences. This thread is a great place to start in terms of info sharing among women.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:46 PM
NPC Bodybuilder - Suzanne Germano

I also agree talking to other women. Try to talk to individual women get specifics what they have done what results and sides they got. Also in the chem sections on boards they do give info on how androgenic particular compounds are. Many trainers don't know how to advise women correctly and this is some of the prob with the virilization.

Why is the girlfriend gonna take T3?
just for regular weight loss? if so then absolutely not. You do not need drugs to lose weight.
Prep? I would still seriously think twice.

I wouldn't touch T3 with a ten foot pole. Not worth the long term risk to thyroid.

Last edited by Suzanne : 02-17-2011 at 10:06 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:46 AM
IFBB Pro - Tracy Bodner

EQ question:

Quote:
Is it good in contest prep and if so what is the recommended dosage for women?

♥ ☆ ♥*`*.♥ Dynamite Comes in Small Packages ♥.*`*♥ ☆ ♥