Administrator

Facebook: siouxcountryfb
Twitter: siouxcountry
Instagram: siouxcountry
Default Killing infants with scissors?

This guy may be the devil.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110119/..._investigation

DA: Pa. abortion doc killed 7 babies with scissors

PHILADELPHIA – A doctor who provided abortions for minorities, immigrants and poor women in a "house of horrors" clinic has been charged with eight counts of murder in the deaths of a patient and seven babies who were born alive and then killed with scissors, prosecutors said Wednesday.

Dr. Kermit Gosnell, 69, made millions of dollars over 30 years, performing as many illegal, late-term abortions as he could, prosecutors said. State regulators ignored complaints about him and failed to inspect his clinic since 1993, but no charges were warranted against them given time limits and existing law, District Attorney Seth Williams said. Nine of Gosnell's employees also were charged.

Gosnell "induced labor, forced the live birth of viable babies in the sixth, seventh, eighth month of pregnancy and then killed those babies by cutting into the back of the neck with scissors and severing their spinal cord," Williams said.

Patients were subjected to squalid and barbaric conditions at Gosnell's Women's Medical Society, where Gosnell performed dozens of abortions a day, prosecutors said. He mostly worked overnight hours after his untrained staff administered drugs to induce labor during the day, they said.

Early last year, authorities went to investigate drug-related complaints at the clinic and stumbled on what Williams called a "house of horrors."

Bags and bottles holding aborted fetuses "were scattered throughout the building," Williams said. "There were jars, lining shelves, with severed feet that he kept for no medical purpose."

The clinic was shut down and Gosnell's medical license was suspended after the raid.

Gosnell and four workers were charged with murder, while five others were charged with controlled drug violations and other crimes. None of the employees had any medical training, and one, a high school student, performed intravenous anesthesia with potentially lethal narcotics, Williams said.

All 10 defendants were taken into custody, authorities said.

Two listed numbers for Gosnell in Philadelphia have been disconnected. Defense lawyer William J. Brennan, who represented Gosnell during the investigation, noted that the doctor served patients in a low-income city neighborhood for decades.

"Obviously, these allegations are very, very serious," Brennan said.

The grand jury said the woman who died was a patient who came to Gosnell's clinic for an abortion and died of cardiac arrest because she was given too much Demerol. Gosnell wasn't at the clinic at the time, but directed his staff to administer the drug to keep the woman, a healthy 41-year-old woman, sedated until he arrived, prosecutors said.

Gosnell has been named in at least 46 malpractice suits, including one over the death of a 22-year-old mother who died of sepsis and a perforated uterus in 2000. Many others also involve perforated uteruses. Gosnell sometimes sewed up the injury without telling women their uteruses had been perforated, prosecutors said.

Gosnell charged $325 for first-trimester abortions and $1,600 to $3,000 for abortions up to 30 weeks. Abortions are legal up to 24 weeks gestation in Pennsylvania, although most doctors won't perform them after 20 weeks, prosecutors said.

Some women came from across the mid-Atlantic for the illegal late-term abortions, authorities said. White women from the suburbs were ushered into a separate, slightly cleaner area because Gosnell believed they were more likely to file complaints, Williams said.

"People knew near and far that if you needed a late-term abortion you could go see Dr. Gosnell," Williams said.

Few if any of the sedated women knew their babies were born alive and then killed, prosecutors said. Many were first-time mothers who were told they were 24 weeks pregnant, even if they were further along, authorities said.

Gosnell got his medical degree from Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia and is board certified in family practice. He started, but did not finish, a residency in obstetrics-gynecology, authorities said.

"He does not know how to do an abortion. He's not board certified," Assistant District Attorney Joanne Pescatore said. "Once he got them there, he saw dollar signs and did abortions that other people wouldn't do."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kermit_gosnell.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	48940  

Got a Smartphone? Download Forum Runner to read & post from your phone!
Old 01-19-2011, 06:56 PM
IFBB Reject - Rebecca Staggs

Twitter: BeccaStaggs

OMG. Yes I read this earlier today.
I know people will have their differing opinions on Abortion...but there is no way this can be viewed as anything but murder IMO. This is really sad.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:08 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Andrea

This is effed up on so many levels. I respect a woman's right to choose, but I could never support this. This is just SOULLESS.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:33 PM
IFBB Pro - Stacy Wright

This seriously breaks my heart... gives me chills. what a cold world we live in.

"The road to success is not straight. There is a curve called failure, a loop called confusion, speed bumps called friends, red lights called enemies, caution lights called family. You will have flats called jobs. But if you have a spare called determination, an engine called perseverance, insurance called faith, a driver called JESUS, you will make it to a place called Success!"

My Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stacy-...444854?ref=sgm

"NEVER bend your head. ALWAYS hold it high. Look the world straight in the face"

Old 01-20-2011, 03:03 AM
NPC Figure Competitor - Stacy Reese

Sioux, I agree. This guy IS the devil.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:01 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Amanda

I can't believe abortions are actually allowed up until 24 weeks! wow! I would've thought for sure only during the first trimester. Even 20 weeks is crazy! You can already feel them moving around by that time. This story is just sick.....and sad.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:11 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Lisa

How does someone do that .. thats outright murder !

Hydrolyze Ultra sponsored Athletic

http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?t=9480

Old 01-20-2011, 10:46 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Kenyatta

I could not believe this!! This was one of the reasons abortions was also legalized to ensure that it was as safe as possible and doctors weren't using hangers and everything else!! Sooo unfortunate and it's hard to believe that it's been going on so long!!

My ability takes me to the top. My character is what keeps me there.

***CHECK OUT MY JOURNAL ***

http://www.siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?t=1067
Old 01-21-2011, 12:28 AM
NPC Figure Competitor - Jenaliegh

This made me upset to my stomach and brought tears to my eyes envisioning the conditions. It infuriates me that money is used to fund abstinence only health education versus properly educating females and males on protection and prevention. Of course, abstinence is the ultimate form of prevention but realistically its not practical to think that will happen. Birth control needs to be made available and accessible to all especially in foreign countries and low income communities. I would love nothing more than every potential child to have a prosperous future and their no need for prevent pregnancies because every child will be born to capable parents. This however isn't our reality and it breaks my heart even more to know millions of children go each day without food, secure shelter, and loving guidance. By no means do I think abortions should be used as a form of birth control but a right to a second chance, to make better choices...my parents are foster parents and I have three adopted siblings and am thankful to be blessed with such bright additions to my family...I have also seen many many children shuffled around and never have a place to truly call home and the same parents having child after child.... I don't know if there is any real practical solution to preventing unplanned pregnancies but I would feel better knowing funds were going to a realistic approach towards educating and practical prevention.... I know this is a topic with strong viewpoints and this is MY opinion and everyone has a right to their own... there is my vent for the day lol love you all!

My Journal http://siouxcountry.com/showthread.php?t=9257
Old 01-21-2011, 02:31 PM
IFBB Pro - Kira Neuman

Facebook: Kira Neuman

That is the most disgusting thing I've ever heard of. Whether you agree with abortion or not I think we can all agree that killing a baby after it's born is simply murder. It's cold and heartless and hwo someone could do that is beyond me. That's terrible.