Siouxcountry.com

---

Go Back   Siouxcountry.com > Discussion > Chat & Introduction
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Chat & Introduction We chat about everything, and anything. Stop on in and introduce yourself.

Old 02-21-2011, 07:46 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Veronica

Default What would you do?

Hello Ladies!!

I have a question, and I'm looking for some insight.
I have been training at the same gym for 2 years. It is a small community and all of us regulars know each other well.

I do suffer from gym OCD and get miffed when proper gym etiquette is not used. (weights all over the place.. one person loading 4 machines at a time and not allowing others to work in.. ect)

Today a visitor and his girlfriend were visiting and training together. I had just finished preacher curls, and was standing next to the bench with my towel on it doing standing curls. Right in the middle of a set this guy yells in my ear.. "are you done with this?!" pointing to the preacher bench.. finishing my set I say yes, and before I can put the weights down he's dragging it away with my towel.

My bad- I should have taken my towel off before starting something new but REALLY?

So I move to a different area all together bc he is just radiating a bad Ora.
I finish my curls and go to put my weights on the rack, and low and behold in the 25's spot is a pair of 60's. With no where to put my weights I drop them- pick up the 60's so that I can put them away and them the 25's... when he is up in my grill yelling at me that those are his weights and he isn't finished with them. Then turns to his girl and says "Damn, these Arizona people are so damn rude!" I popped back.. "Rude?" "No we put our weights away in order and we don't RACK what we are using and expect other people to know that they ARE in fact being used!" I put my ear bud back in turned and left.. he spent the rest of the time staring me down, and throwing me looks.

I was so mad that it made cardio a breeze today.

I have a feeling he will be there again tomorrow just to make a point..
What would you do?
Talk to management or ignore the situation?
I would really like to pop him in the chops!

Thanks!
Old 02-21-2011, 07:57 PM
IFBB Pro - Beni Lopez

REPORT HIS DUMB ASS to management The 60's belong where it says 60's and the 25's in there slot...too many folks leave the weights on the floor or put them up in the wrong slot on the rack causing folks like you and me too put them back in their proper place or lookin all over the freaking gym floor for a particular weight... its common courtesy to clean up after yourself and if ya go to a gym and your a guest have the decency to be polite and treat others like ya want to be treated.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:50 PM
NPC Fitness Competitor - Ashley

The mean in me says do the same to him tomorrow or politely ask him before using anything and I do mean ANYTHING even if it's on the other side of the gym BUT the nice in me says ignore him work out hard and show him you're above his petty bs

2011 Suit Sponsorship by Amy Ardizzone
www.suitsbyamy.com
Old 02-21-2011, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyMina View Post
The mean in me says do the same to him tomorrow or politely ask him before using anything and I do mean ANYTHING even if it's on the other side of the gym
I like that!!
Old 02-21-2011, 10:51 PM
CBBF Figure Competitor - Marlene

You did the right thing! Tell that mo fo!!
I never get the chance to really voice my annoyances in my gym. Its mostly the guys who leave stuff lying around like seriously why leave the heaviest dumb bell in the middle of the walk way. The poor girl working there will never be able to lift that in a million years!!
The gym used to have a comment box where you could voice concerns but with that being gone I'll just have to go early in the morning over to the bulletin board and stick a big fat red lettered sign up that says
YOUR MOMMY ISNT HERE CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF!!!!
Old 02-21-2011, 11:12 PM
NPC Figure Competitor - Kayti

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmar View Post
I never get the chance to really voice my annoyances in my gym. Its mostly the guys who leave stuff lying around like seriously why leave the heaviest dumb bell in the middle of the walk way. The poor girl working there will never be able to lift that in a million years!!
The gym used to have a comment box where you could voice concerns but with that being gone I'll just have to go early in the morning over to the bulletin board and stick a big fat red lettered sign up that says
i wish our gym had one. All the men here think it's funny to leave the weights everywhere and on the bb rack make a point of stacking the heaviest weights at the top of the tree instead of at the bottom. My lower body is a helluva lot stronger than my upper. Just because I can SLDL the 110's doesn't mean I can curl it, don't put it on the top rack!

Report him. You are a regular, you've patronized this gym for several years, and refrain from any urges to hurl db's at his head.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmar View Post
Maybe I should have that printed on a tank top. "YOUR MOMMY ISNT HERE CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF!!!!"
Old 02-22-2011, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytikat View Post
.... refrain from any urges to hurl db's at his head.
Awww Kaytikat your no fun.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:38 AM
IFBB Pro - Viko Newman

Oh!.... He is the one that "Planet fitness" used as a role model for their commercials!

You are better than him!

He is a dog trying to "mark" his territory and impress his girl is what he THINKS he is doing!

Hopefully is is just visiting! When you see him just smile and have a great workout!
Old 02-22-2011, 11:50 AM
IFBB Pro - Kira Neuman

Facebook: Kira Neuman

Girl if he is just visiting then don't waste your time and energy worrying about someone like him. Chances are you won't see him again in your life. However, I would say somethign to management that is if they even will act on it. And make it known to management about this guy. I work at a gym full time and we have visitors who act like that sometimes. if it's a distraction or disrespect to our members we def say something and let them know they aren't welcome back. hope that helps!
Old 02-22-2011, 01:18 PM
NPC Bodybuilder - Jodie Bruce

Facebook: JodieBruce

You should have bonked him in the head with a weight when you walked by. lol

what an idiot.

www.fitweardesigns.com

facebook.com/fitweardesigns
Old 02-22-2011, 01:58 PM
Paula

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitcrazy View Post
Oh!.... He is the one that "Planet fitness" used as a role model for their commercials!

You are better than him!

He is a dog trying to "mark" his territory and impress his girl is what he THINKS he is doing!

Hopefully is is just visiting! When you see him just smile and have a great workout!
True. He can also go and take his p!ss somewhere else.

I'd still let management know though.

Fitness Photography

"When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt."
~ Henry J. Kaiser
"Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life." ~ Confucius
"If you never get scared if you never lay it on the line you never get a shot at all the credit or all the blame."
~ Kate Jackson, 1978
Old 02-22-2011, 02:13 PM
NPC Physique Competitor- Ila

Facebook: ila.reed

Quote:
The mean in me says do the same to him tomorrow or politely ask him before using anything and I do mean ANYTHING even if it's on the other side of the gym BUT the nice in me says ignore him work out hard and show him you're above his petty bs
THIS! haha!

I would probably see if he is around and is doing the same stuff later, and if so I would say something.

I get frustrated too by people not putting their stuff away. We had a whole hockey team that came to my gym to workout on Tuesdays and I swear they had everything stacked with weights..not using it anymore..drove me nuts!! I never did say anything. But yeah, they seriously think their mom is going to put stuff away for them! lol

‎"If you don't have confidence, you'll always find a way not to win." ~Carl Lewis
Old 02-22-2011, 02:20 PM
Vanessa Adams-Pierce

Drop a 60 on his foot.

Old 02-22-2011, 03:56 PM
Photographer - Tre Scott

Facebook: femflex
Twitter: femflex

Quote:
The mean in me says do the same to him tomorrow or politely ask him before using anything and I do mean ANYTHING even if it's on the other side of the gym...
I vote for 'mean'.

Old 02-22-2011, 06:48 PM

Thankfully he wasn't there today. My hubby said that he has seen him there a few times in the AM for the past week. So hopefully their vacation has come to an end, and they are going back to shovel snow somewhere.

My dh was so pissed.. I was glad he wasn't there. I told him this morning before he left for the gym to play nice, but if a 60 happen to fall out of his hand onto Mr Jerkoff's foot that was ok.

DH said he talked to the front desk before I got there- apparently dh wasn't the only one who said something about this guy.

I just don't understand?? This guy was in really good condition. No stranger to a gym. How has he behaved like this at a gym for who know how long? Good riddance!!